Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #661
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Hey everyone!

Hi krissa! Tomorrow is a new day an dwe can all go strict stillman's.

Mommy 522, my calories are about the same as yours and that's when I loose is when my calories are low on strict Stillmans. Watch the smoked turkey deli meat amounts, because if you have more than a serving, start counting the carbs because they will add up. For instance if it's .5 grams serving, and that's only 5 thin slices, and you eat 4, 5, 6 servings, well you see it adds up.
Best to cook your own and cut it up.

hey Angel: I got some of that lavendar moisturizer at trader joes and lavender scrub too, it rocks.

cheat day today, planned, chicken and greek salad with fat free feta,. no breakfast, no lunch and gardened in the yard most of the day.
Tomorrow Stillman's as usual.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 04:34 AM   #662
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrfrGirl View Post

Mommy 522, my calories are about the same as yours and that's when I loose is when my calories are low on strict Stillmans. Watch the smoked turkey deli meat amounts, because if you have more than a serving, start counting the carbs because they will add up. For instance if it's .5 grams serving, and that's only 5 thin slices, and you eat 4, 5, 6 servings, well you see it adds up.
Best to cook your own and cut it up.
Thanks girlie for your feedback!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:43 AM   #663
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning. I was off plan for two days and gained 4 pounds. I know it will come off quickly, but here's the thing - Tomorrow I have lunch at parishioner's house. She has no understanding of low carb but wants to make something that I can eat - so she thought she might make chicken salad. Not a horrible choice but I know that lunch will not be really low carb. Then on Sunday I have to go to a banquet - I won't eat dessert but those meals are not typically low carb. Other than those two meals, I will be low carb!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #664
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
MIm: You can do it. .just make sure to drink lots of fluids and you may even want to try some broth before you go. .that my make you feel "fuller" so you consume less of the chicken salad. . and fill up on some veggies.. they won't kill you or hinder your losses too much (think Atkins. .). you gotta live. . and I'm glad to see that you are! Enjoy the company!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I keep my calorie count under 1200. . even when doing Stillmans and the weight still seems to come off. . I'm down a pound (which is good for me). . so I think I'll stick to this plan for awhile. .

O. . another huge accomplishment was not gaining anything over the Holiday weekend. .you know how that goes. . gotta celebrate family = go out for ice cream, etc. . I cheated and sent my oldest out with the kids. . even bribed them. . get the pool set up without fighting and your brother can take you for a treat! Worked like a charm!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #666
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Surfer. .No such things as Cheat days. . they are Live-it Days!!!! Have fun and don't let one day or one meal deter you. ...

Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 05-29-2012 at 07:18 AM..
Old 05-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #667
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend .... IM2 right on when you said it is not cheating .... it is living !!!! and I sure lived this weekend and I am glad because now it makes it so much easier to go back on plan .... Today the window opens up at 5pm - 10 pm I have my turkey burgers waiting .... water drinking it religiously ( honestly , never thought that would happen ) .... I am glad the simple little achievements matter now like the scale not rising to the weight I was when I started on April 12, I am not even close to that weight and that in itself says a lot .... I thank all of you for being such wonderful people with your encouragement and support during the rough spots .... Will I complain ahhhh sometimes it gets frustrating at times but, I definitely have a much better perspective about what real weight loss is all about .... it will take time ....
Old 05-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #668
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Quick question for everyone on QWL stillmans...do you eat the FF cottage cheese?? As a long time atkins devotte I am scared of eating that, would love to hear your experiences. Also is it true you eat NO vegetables on this plans, just lean protein and no fat? I am looking to lose a quick 10 pounds in a month if I can...I'm 5"5" and 149 lbs. willing to give this plan a try if it works!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #669
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Quick question for everyone on QWL stillmans...do you eat the FF cottage cheese?? As a long time atkins devotte I am scared of eating that, would love to hear your experiences. Also is it true you eat NO vegetables on this plans, just lean protein and no fat? I am looking to lose a quick 10 pounds in a month if I can...I'm 5"5" and 149 lbs. willing to give this plan a try if it works!
Yep.. Just pure plain ole lean protein.

Some peeps have had luck with Cottage Cheese. . check out hte car count to see how much. . If you need a littel and that will hold you.. can't hurt. .

If you do it clean, you can easily lose 10 this month. . Good Luck and check in . . We can hold you accountable.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #670
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hey y'all, just a drive by........been busy at work )YAY) and Mom's only here until Sunday so I'm trying to make the most for her.

happy for the losses!

Healthy For Life!

We're loving it LC for Moms trip here, she loves LC.......and we get to eat shrimp and salmon, things she only gets when dining out!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #671
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

we have loads of mint in the garden.........

Lamb Kebabs with Mint Pesto
Save Recipe
6 servings
•PREP: 1 hour •TOTAL: 3 hours Recipe by Romney Steele

August 2010

Ingredients
PESTO
•1 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
•1/2 cup (packed) fresh cilantro leaves
•2 tablespoons pine nuts
•2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
•1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
•1 medium garlic clove, peeled
•1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
•1/2 cup (or more) extra-virgin olive oil
KEBABS
•1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for brushing
•4 large garlic cloves, minced
•2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
•1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds, ground in spice mill or in mortar with pestle
•2 pounds trimmed boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
•2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
•1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch squares
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
•6 to 8 metal skewers
Preparation
PESTO
•Blend first 7 ingredients in processor to coarse puree. With machine running, gradually pour in 1/2 cup oil; puree until almost smooth. Transfer pesto to bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
KEBABS
•Mix 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, coarse salt, and coriander in medium bowl. Add lamb; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours.
•Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Thread lamb on skewers alternately with peppers and onions. Place on baking sheet. Brush with oil; sprinkle with pepper. Grill to desired doneness, turning occasionally, 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare.
•Arrange kebabs on serving platter. Drizzle each kebab very lightly with pesto and serve remaining pesto alongside.

Read More Lamb Kebabs with Mint Pesto: Recipe: bonappetit.com
Old 05-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #672
Senior LCF Member

thanks guys for the welcome! I'm on on day 1 and already struggling...yikes I can't imagine not eating salad or veggies for a month. Plus I'm already missing cheese. Do you have any secrets to sticking to this...for example would you just go home and have a plain ole grilled chicken breast for dinner with nothing else??
Old 05-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

if I'm struggling and cheese is calling me I eat it. Just one, not a ton. Then I don't bash myself for being a failure and move on. To the next chicken breast.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #674
Senior LCF Member

Welcome !!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
thanks guys for the welcome! I'm on on day 1 and already struggling...yikes I can't imagine not eating salad or veggies for a month. Plus I'm already missing cheese. Do you have any secrets to sticking to this...for example would you just go home and have a plain ole grilled chicken breast for dinner with nothing else??
I love cheese and I miss cheese so much more than veggies and fruits .... When I am on plan .... I stick to it .... no cheese just lean meats .... I do have the off plan days only 2x a week if I do more than two days I make sure to do an extra day of just lean meat .... which is extra lean ground turkey burgers and water .... from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm (fast five window) .... I do drink espresso everyday on and off plan .... straight up black .... I drink so much water now it is ridiculous because I really hate it The day before my off plan day I do Stillmans QWL with 2 Hard Boiled Eggs for breakfast and Tuna or canned Chicken for lunch for dinner grilled chicken or turkey burgers .... Off plan days I eat low carb Atkins style for example low sodium bacon and scrambled eggs .... low sodium hot dogs sans bun for lunch .... a nice steak and salad for dinner with low carb dressing .... sugar free jello and whipped topping for dessert or some strawberries and cream .... On special occasions such as a party ect .... then I eat what I feel like in moderation like cookies , cake , coffee with cream and sugar .... I am not afraid as much to indulge because once I go back on lean meat and water I really lose the weight .... plus you do not stall and get stuck because you go up a bit then you whoosh always an extra pound , for me at least .... So there you have it .... I hope I was helpful and good luck with your WOE .... everyone here is super nice and I feel less stressed because we are all in the same boat I do not feel I am doing this alone ....
Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 AM   #675
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The first three days are the most difficult and you may even feel a little sick . Your body is going from carb burning to fat burning just stick with it. Cheese won't kill you so if you really need it to get over the hump go for it ( think
Atkins) and keep it moderate, don't forget this diet is originally written for quick weight loss so many of us use it that way' I will typically do stillmans when I need a jump and then a resume a very low carb veggie induced type diet. A way to think about it. We didn't get fat eating veggies ! Processed foods are what kills us. Hope this helps a bit.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:44 AM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning peeps; more graduation stuff today. But my plan is to mince on something before I get there and concentrate in the people! Still hanging I. There maybe a few ounces down. I didn't record my weight over the weekend so I'm not sure. The great news no gain so I'm doing ok. I was so tired yesterday felt as though I was drugged. Came home and slept from dinner to now... So unlike me.., maybe my old bod us busy fat burning I sure hope so
Old 05-30-2012, 05:20 AM   #677
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brandieelynne
Stats: 5'6", 155
WOE: Atkins
Good Morning! Today is my first day! I'm sipping on some hot tea, planning on having HB eggs for breakfast and boiled chicken for L and D. I'm excited to try this; hoping I can stick with it. One difficult thing will be going without coffee; I'm a total coffee addict but I can only drink it with heavy cream...so I'm skipping it...

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:10 AM   #678
Senior LCF Member

Hi Brandi!! I'm starting today too!
this morning I had a 3 lb woosh just from keeping my carbs low yesterday Yesterday I ate:
-2 hamburger patties (just mustard with it)
-2 small hot dog weiners
-coffee with half and half, lots of green tea
-tomato and mozzarella salad with balsamic vinegar/olive oil
-2 small glass red wine
-1 hour hot yoga last night
I could not believe I had 3 lb woosh! Must have been carbs/calories pretty low?
So I am super motivated to try Stillman/Dukan plan now:
I am doing a modified of both- I am doing lean proteins, fat free greek yogurt, 1.5 tbsp of oat bran. going to try this for a few days to see how it goes. I think I am really going to miss salad! I am a huge salad eater.
I am trying to get to my ultimate goal of 125 lbs but I would be thrilled to get to 130 ( I weighed in at 148 this a.m) 5 weeks to our beach vacation so that is MAJOR motivation!!
Thanks for all the support everyone!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #679
Senior LCF Member

Welcome !!!! :)

Brandi .... I hope you like it as much as I do here !
Old 05-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #680
Senior LCF Member

Quick drive by .... Down 5 lbs .... Thank you Silly Erin .... so far so good now if only I could run 5 miles like you do every day !
Old 05-30-2012, 07:16 AM   #681
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
I think I lived a bit too much this past weekend. I am up a few pounds of bloat but it will be gone in a few days at the most. I am back on strict stills today.

Welcome new people! I hope today is easier for you. Hang on, it does get better!

My in laws are doing a surprise visit this weekend. I need to find a way to get my guest room livable. It becomes a storage room when no one is visiting.

We went to six flags on Sunday and I accidentally left my cell phone on a bench, of course whoever found it did not turn it in. I was sick to my stomach thinking about all the pictures and videos of my kids on there that some jerk is looking at. I have a program that wipes my phone if it ever goes back online. So far where ever it is, it hasn't gotten online yet.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 05-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So Sorry Bratty! That really stinks!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #683
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Angel. is that 5 pounds in one day? Do tell. .
Old 05-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome, Healthy and Brandee: You'll do great. . just let us know if there is anything we can help with. .some of us are very well versed on the Doc. . Tis always a learning process though. . you have to find what works for you. .
Old 05-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

<------------- GT . . I want us to get these. . .
Old 05-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Time for June names;"

Send your Junk packing in June

ideas?
Old 05-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Wow, Angel. is that 5 pounds in one day? Do tell. .
. When I am on plan .... I stick to it .... no cheese just lean meats .... I do have the off plan days only 2x a week if I do more than two days I make sure to do an extra day of just lean meat .... which is extra lean ground turkey burgers and water .... from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm (fast five window) .... I do drink espresso everyday on and off plan .... straight up black .... I drink so much water now it is ridiculous because I really hate it The day before my off plan day I do Stillmans QWL with 2 Hard Boiled Eggs for breakfast and Tuna or canned Chicken for lunch for dinner grilled chicken or turkey burgers .... Off plan days I eat low carb Atkins style for example low sodium bacon and scrambled eggs .... low sodium hot dogs sans bun for lunch .... a nice steak and salad for dinner with low carb dressing .... sugar free jello and whipped topping for dessert or some strawberries and cream .... On special occasions such as a party ect .... then I eat what I feel like in moderation like cookies , cake , coffee with cream and sugar .... I am not afraid as much to indulge because once I go back on lean meat and water I really lose the weight .... plus you do not stall and get stuck because you go up a bit then you whoosh always an extra pound , for me at least .... So there you have it .... I hope I was helpful and good luck with your WOE .... everyone here is super nice and I feel less stressed because we are all in the same boat I do not feel I am doing this alone .... With this Plan the weight literally falls off .... I lost two inches and since joining in April I lost a total of 20 lbs .... that is 10 lbs each month which is not too fast .... I used to stall but doing this WOE has stopped that and also going all day just drinking water and moderate walking has stopped cravings .... I did not go over the top this holiday weekend .... I lived and ate normal portions and still had the scale was in my favor and to make sure it was really gone I measured myself this morning and lost 2 inches off my tummy .... I read Silly Erin's Story and it inspired me .... She lost so much weight and looks great !!!! WTG !!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
. When I am on plan .... I stick to it .... no cheese just lean meats .... I do have the off plan days only 2x a week if I do more than two days I make sure to do an extra day of just lean meat .... which is extra lean ground turkey burgers and water .... from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm (fast five window) .... I do drink espresso everyday on and off plan .... straight up black .... I drink so much water now it is ridiculous because I really hate it The day before my off plan day I do Stillmans QWL with 2 Hard Boiled Eggs for breakfast and Tuna or canned Chicken for lunch for dinner grilled chicken or turkey burgers .... Off plan days I eat low carb Atkins style for example low sodium bacon and scrambled eggs .... low sodium hot dogs sans bun for lunch .... a nice steak and salad for dinner with low carb dressing .... sugar free jello and whipped topping for dessert or some strawberries and cream .... On special occasions such as a party ect .... then I eat what I feel like in moderation like cookies , cake , coffee with cream and sugar .... I am not afraid as much to indulge because once I go back on lean meat and water I really lose the weight .... plus you do not stall and get stuck because you go up a bit then you whoosh always an extra pound , for me at least .... So there you have it .... I hope I was helpful and good luck with your WOE .... everyone here is super nice and I feel less stressed because we are all in the same boat I do not feel I am doing this alone .... With this Plan the weight literally falls off .... I lost two inches and since joining in April I lost a total of 20 lbs .... that is 10 lbs each month which is not too fast .... I used to stall but doing this WOE has stopped that and also going all day just drinking water and moderate walking has stopped cravings .... I did not go over the top this holiday weekend .... I lived and ate normal portions and still had the scale was in my favor and to make sure it was really gone I measured myself this morning and lost 2 inches off my tummy .... I read Silly Erin's Story and it inspired me .... She lost so much weight and looks great !!!! WTG !!!!
Hi, Angelstill...could you tell me where I can find Silly Erin's Story?
Old 05-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

IM I like that title!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #690
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hey peeps!!!
Yay on the losses loooooosers!!!!
Bratty-that completely sucks.
Im2----i neeeeed those shoes!!!
Cc---is Mom still there?
I'm sticking to plan--I'm soooo hungry tho!!! O used to never be hungry on Stills. I read it's a way of my evil body trying to make me gain!!! Eeeek!!! I'm drinking gallons of water to keep it at bay!
Am doing Brazilian Butt Lift--wow it's surprisingly hard!!! Insanity is a breeze compared to it! I was like an old woman yesterday-my inner thighs were killing me!
Closed Thread