Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 12:25 AM   #631
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Oh those sound good! I'll have to try that out. And cool, we're the same height! Just wanted to see if I was on the right track. We've got this!!!
Graet LL, We can do this!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2012, 03:07 AM   #632
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Sunday morning friends. I'm up a pound which means a bigger loss is on the way. I love keeping a daily chart of my weight so that I can see patterns.

Bratty - I keep a tuna pouch in my purse and a couple in the car! They are felt and rip open, you just need to remember to have a fork!
Old 05-27-2012, 03:16 AM   #633
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Morning peeps!
Old 05-27-2012, 04:16 AM   #634
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Sunday morning friends. I'm up a pound which means a bigger loss is on the way. I love keeping a daily chart of my weight so that I can see patterns.

Bratty - I keep a tuna pouch in my purse and a couple in the car! They are felt and rip open, you just need to remember to have a fork!
Actually, they are not felt, but they are great! Not enough coffee!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #635
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Just did Bar Method Super Sculpting DVD--ouch!!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #636
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Raspberry Ketones ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag24 View Post
Does anyone know if it would be okay to take raspberry ketones while on stillmans?

Please and thank you. Congrats to everyone on their success!
Thank you !
another fat burner awesome .... Raspberry ketones is pretty new and very popular , I drink and take green tea supplements .... which in theory does the similar effects , raises body temperature to begin the fat burning process .... I see no problem wth my green tea on stillmans .... I guess try and see .... Good luck !
Old 05-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Good MOrning, Gals!

OK. . so I'm sitting here enjoying the rain (did I just say that??). . but sometimes these early morning showers are beautiful! Makes me want to take a nice hot bath, grab a good book and Relax@

I've decided to do a a carb-free day or two. . So I shall be joining the meat party with you!!! I am still holding my own but I just need a little jump start, plus I"m hungry . .so I shall get my fill of meat and not feel bad!!!

So. .the wedding actually turned out to be fun. We went late (skipped the dinner, which I felt a little bad about) but enjoyed a few cocktails (just a few. . I was driving!!). but laughed and enjoyed the company. Haven't seen some of these peeps for almost 20 years and of course, we laughed about how we were the old people in the room!! Young love. . . how cute it was!!! Hubby was Mr. social butterfly so I did not even get to visit with him but he had a great time so I'm happy for that. .
Old 05-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #638
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so my Morning. . Eggs and turkey sausage. . Marinating pork for the grill and took out some chicken. .here I go. .
Old 05-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Doing a drive by. We are late for the batmobile.
I was up .2 today. I doubt it was the few slices of cheese I ate. Probably just a body fluctuation.
My stomach has been very yucky yesterday and today. Almost feels like a stomach bug. I am hoping my neighbors kids didn't give me their cooties.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #640
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post

Yayyyy !!! for tuna to go ....
Old 05-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Good MOrning, Gals!

OK. . so I'm sitting here enjoying the rain (did I just say that??). . but sometimes these early morning showers are beautiful! Makes me want to take a nice hot bath, grab a good book and Relax@

I've decided to do a a carb-free day or two. . So I shall be joining the meat party with you!!! I am still holding my own but I just need a little jump start, plus I"m hungry . .so I shall get my fill of meat and not feel bad!!!

So. .the wedding actually turned out to be fun. We went late (skipped the dinner, which I felt a little bad about) but enjoyed a few cocktails (just a few. . I was driving!!). but laughed and enjoyed the company. Haven't seen some of these peeps for almost 20 years and of course, we laughed about how we were the old people in the room!! Young love. . . how cute it was!!! Hubby was Mr. social butterfly so I did not even get to visit with him but he had a great time so I'm happy for that. .

I am glad you had a good time at the wedding ! .... oddly enough today I am adding some carbs so I guess I can enjoy some of the meat party .... Pork carnita's , salsa and guacamole and yes some cheese but today is my healthy meal plan .... then tomorrow is BBQ food and I will need to behave .... Then it is back to 4 days of turkey burgers and water fast 5 .... instead of 3 days because I am adding the BBQ tomorrow as a off plan .... I figure if I cannot be good all of the time .... I will try to be good most of the time ....
Old 05-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #642
Senior LCF Member

As I expected the scale only went down .2 not much oh, well .... I think as soon as I eat a drop more of food my body holds onto it as if I am not ever going to eat again .... however , I did not do much in the moving around department and that plays a big role in the sluggish weight loss department ....
Old 05-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #643
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Just did Bar Method Super Sculpting DVD--ouch!!
WTG !!!! I definitely need to follow a regime like yours ....
Old 05-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #644
Senior LCF Member

I made these the other week!!! OMG, so amazing! I had all my roommates try some and they're begging me to make it again haha. If you like spicy, add 2 more chipotle peppers! The recipe I used said 2-3, and 3 was great.

Thank you Lil Lav ! I added half a can .... I love heat ha ! ha ! some salsa and guacamole are healthy great sides and they make low carb wraps too if your friends like those .... cilantro and Con Queso or any low carb cheese adds a nice finishing touch !
Old 05-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
As I expected the scale only went down .2 not much oh, well .... I think as soon as I eat a drop more of food my body holds onto it as if I am not ever going to eat again .... however , I did not do much in the moving around department and that plays a big role in the sluggish weight loss department ....

Down is down. . at least it's in the right direction. . Just remember. . we didn't gain it overnight!!! I love when it goes down. no matter how much!!!!

So give yourself a high five and enjoy the day!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #646
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cleaning like a mad woman today (mother in law making a "surprise" appearance). . so that should mean a few pounds down, right? Plus, I mowed the lawn yesterday with a push mower and a broken wheel. . so I expect to weigh less in the morning. .
Old 05-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #647
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrfrGirl View Post
1-2 lbs.Ground turkey or ground chicken
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano and marjoram
pam cooking spray in a skillet

Mix ingredients and make walnut sized meatballs, drop into hot pan. Turn constantly to avoid burning. When all sides are brown, turn down to lowest setting and cover with lid for 8 minutes. Eat.

*I grilled my boyfriend a vinegar & lemon marinated, marbled, ribeye steak last night and he ate half of my meatballs and said they were tastier due to the oregano, than his steak was.

*Some people add egg to meatball mix before cooking
*Some people add 1/4 cup chicken broth to meatballs at simmer stage.
*When on low carb/zero carb, but not Stillman's, parmesan cheese can be added to meatballs before forming.
I made these turkey meatballs yesterday for dinner .... yummy so yummy ! I will make them again for a healthy eating meal day !
Old 05-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #648
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Quote:
I made these turkey meatballs yesterday for dinner .... yummy so yummy ! I will make them again for a healthy eating meal day !
And you lost weight! Yay.

Everyone:
Have fun today and tomorrow for Tuesday we shall be eating eggs, turkey, tuna and chicken.

My skin is drying out from this WOE, so I will have to put mucho lotion or body oil on today.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #649
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Down is down. . at least it's in the right direction. . Just remember. . we didn't gain it overnight!!! I love when it goes down. no matter how much!!!!

So give yourself a high five and enjoy the day!!!
Thank you so much ! And I may not be married .... I just am in a long term relationship with a man who has a mother that invites herself to our home for weekends at the end of the summer.... I feel the urge to start painting our bedroom and bathrooms and get carpet cleaning done ....
Old 05-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #650
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrfrGirl View Post
And you lost weight! Yay. Thank you !!!!

Everyone:
Have fun today and tomorrow for Tuesday we shall be eating eggs, turkey, tuna and chicken.

My skin is drying out from this WOE, so I will have to put mucho lotion or body oil on today.
Yayyyyy !!!! I am off plan today and treated myself to cheese oh, glorious cheese .... oh, how I missed you sooooo .... Have fun everyone !!!! SrfrGirl it must be so nice where you live by the beach .... I lived close to the coast when I lived in New York .... As a kid I practically lived on the beach .... As for my dry skin I use Trader Joe's Lavender hand and body lotion .... I use a lot of their products including the their Lavender body scrub smells soooo good .... And drink your water have it iced now that it is warm out ....
Old 05-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #651
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Wheww I had a good work out at the gym this morning! 30 mins on the elliptical and about 20 mins of strength training. It's nice to go in the mornings and get it out of the way. I'm stuck, once again, at a little stall... I'll get all excited to lose a lb and then over the next few days, the scale just sits there. I'm probably just too impatient! Hah. But today, all I'm eating is a hamburger patty and 2 turkey burgers between 1pm-6pm so I'm hoping for a woosh tomorrow!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #652
Senior LCF Member

BBQ Menu

Since I am going to miss potato salad .... I am going to make a low carb un potato salad .... made with cauliflower .... I had mashed cauliflower before but never this salad .... Bacon cheese burgers and hot dogs sans buns .... I use that reduced sugar ketchup sparingly .... So tomorrow is definitely an atkins day .... I make a strawberry salad with romaine lettuce , sliced roasted almonds , shredded mozzarella cheese and sugar free raspberry dressing .... a nice low carb side as well .... for the skinny ones well they can have anything they want especially those baked beans that I miss soooo much !
Old 05-28-2012, 03:25 AM   #653
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Ug - I feel terrible. I ate off plan yesterday - not binging, but off plan nonetheless. I am up 2 pounds and feel like achy and icky. I have been toying with the notion that I am gluten sensitive. I have been gluten free for around 2 months and really feel so much better. Yesterday my food included things with the evil gluten and my tummy hurts. I'm going to stay gluten free, as well as low carb! Today will be a higher fat day, but it will be low carb.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:27 AM   #654
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Since I am going to miss potato salad .... I am going to make a low carb un potato salad .... made with cauliflower .... I had mashed cauliflower before but never this salad .... Bacon cheese burgers and hot dogs sans buns .... I use that reduced sugar ketchup sparingly .... So tomorrow is definitely an atkins day .... I make a strawberry salad with romaine lettuce , sliced roasted almonds , shredded mozzarella cheese and sugar free raspberry dressing .... a nice low carb side as well .... for the skinny ones well they can have anything they want especially those baked beans that I miss soooo much !

I love mock potato salad made with cauliflower. Everyone I have ever made it for loves it too.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Memorial day. . Remember to take time out to Thank a Veteran today. .

Day 2 of all meat. . think I will grill me up some burgers today and enjoy this beautiful day.

1. Make peace with your past so it doesn't mess up your present.
2. What others think of you is none of your business
3. Time heals almost everything, give the time some of the time
4. No One else is the reason for your happiness, except you.
5. Don't compare your life with others, you have no idea what their Journey was
6. Stop thinking too much. It is alright not to know all the answers
7. Smile: you don't own all the problems in the world.

This is a great article:

Girl Talk: I Lost 100 Pounds (And Found Out What The World Thinks Of Fat People) - The Frisky
Old 05-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #656
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Happy Memorial day. . Remember to take time out to Thank a Veteran today. .

Day 2 of all meat. . think I will grill me up some burgers today and enjoy this beautiful day.

1. Make peace with your past so it doesn't mess up your present.
2. What others think of you is none of your business
3. Time heals almost everything, give the time some of the time
4. No One else is the reason for your happiness, except you.
5. Don't compare your life with others, you have no idea what their Journey was
6. Stop thinking too much. It is alright not to know all the answers
7. Smile: you don't own all the problems in the world.

This is a great article:

Girl Talk: I Lost 100 Pounds (And Found Out What The World Thinks Of Fat People) - The Frisky
Thank you for the article and the advice! I needed the inspiration. After my first day of strict Stills/Fast Five, I am down a total of: 0. No loss today. Better luck tomorrow, I hope.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #657
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Happy Memorial Day everyone! So question for you ladies, I've only been consuming 600-700/ calories daily, do you guys think that's okay? This is what I have everyday.
Breakfast: 3-4 eggs
Lunch: 1 skinless chicken breast
Snack:Sugar free jello
Dinner: 1 turkey patty OR 2 turkey franks

I get so full its hard to consume more, I try to snack on smoked turkey deli meat but its hard when you're so full.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Just popping in to say HI and that I am losing faster than anyone else in the office! Yay!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #659
Senior LCF Member

So I've been keeping a blog where I track what I eat, how much I exercise, and what I weigh everyday. Yesterday marked the end of my first 4 weeks doing Stillmans and I figured out how much I lost per week:

Week-by-Week Breakdown
Month #1
Week 1: -7 lbs
Week 2: -2 lbs
Week 3: -5 lbs
Week 4: -2 lbs
End of the month weight: 152 (in the morning)/154 (I add +2 to my morning weight to get an average estimate based on fluctuations throughout the day)
Total loss for month: 16 lbs (the initial 170 starting weight stat was based on avg weight and here I go by morning weight so my initial starting stat was technically 168 by this math)

Kinda interesting. If the pattern continues, hopefully this week I'll see some good loss with strict Stills! Around the end of week 2 was when I started getting creative with recipes.

If you guys don't do this already, I recommend it! It's a good way of tracking your progress and noticing any patterns that may arise.

So far today I've just had 1 boneless skinless chicken breast and I'm not even hungry for more! Guess I'll try to eat one or two more before my window closes around 7.

Last edited by littlelavender; 05-28-2012 at 02:46 PM..
Old 05-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #660
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
ahh I've been eating like a cow for the past few weeks, but so ready to get back to STillman's 100%! Thankfully, I can still fit my clothes and ppl keep commenting on my weight loss so the walking has helped a little. I hope everyone had an excellent holiday weekend, even if you did eat off plan, hopefully you enjoyed it and it reinforces your motivation
Closed Thread