Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Ya sure about that CCGirl? The shocks on my car would disagree
1-877-987-2MOM when you need used ones..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Hello all! I'm new to Stillman's (thanks to all you inspiring people), currently on Day 2 of the QWL diet! So far today I've had...

B: 1 egg and 2 slices of turkey bacon
L: Chicken breast
D: Haven't eaten it yet but I will in a few minutes. I was trying to figure out what sounds good... tuna? One of those Stillmans recipes? Not sure yet! What sounds good to you guys?
I was around 170 when I started Stillmans yesterday and I weighed myself this morning and was excited to see I was at 164! ...But then I just got home a bit ago and weighed myself again and I was at 169. I didn't know that your body could fluctuate so much but I guess it's because I didn't eat yet when I weighed this morning. I know you're not supposed to weigh so often, but I'm a little excited to start seeing some loss! I think in a few days once I get used to the diet, I won't weigh as often. :P
sounds like you're not hungry, pass.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OK. .humor me here. but here is one thing I might be interested in:

Smoked Fish Plate, Smoked salmon, gravlax and smoked whitefish salad, cream cheese, onion, capers and a bagel

---toss bagel. . well. . maybe not. I just notice the word "salad". .me thinks it will be mayo? pardon my stupidity. .but what is Gravlax?

another option:

Lump Crab and Portabella Eggs Benedict Toasted brioche, lump crab, grilled portabella mushroom, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce

but what the heck is Lump crab and brioche? . . and I'm sure I won't like hollandaise sauce!!

or what about:

Southwest Egg Roulade Chorizo and pepper jack cheese egg roulade with pico de gallo, avocado, sour cream and hash browns

Goodness: what the heck is Roulade Chorizo and how do I pronounce that? I think I better stay home. . or course the hash browns, sour cream and avocado have to go too. . Uggg

Spring Omelette
Roasted chicken, vine ripe tomatoes, fresh sorrel, Gruyere cheese, hash browns, toast and your choice of bacon or sausage

Why would they serve more meat with a roasted chicken omlette? and what is sorrell and will I like Gruyere cheese? I love hash browns but they have to go , too

Egg White Frittata
Roasted peppers, goat cheese, scallion roma tomato gratin and potato cakes

Goat Cheese? Really. never had it? is it not good. .wonder if I can ask for it without?

OK. .I'm open for suggestions. . these items were as close to Meat as I can get. . Help??? I dont' want to ask for everything on the side. . CC. you are good at disecting. .

Boy, do I feel. .. Duh!! I can't even think of the right word. . What happened to eggs and bacon?
rooo lod rhymes with Moussad the Israeli secret service sounds like a sauce.....chorizo chore ee zoh is Portughese hot sausage sounds good

hollandaise is divine, seriously you will want to rub it all over your body

anything with lump crabmeat is par excellence......brioche is kinda like a croissant

I like the southwest deal or the crab deal toss the brioche

goat cheese is a soft ceamy tangy and salty cheese kinds like a rich greek yogurt but salty yummy get sausage instead of the potato

Last edited by CCGirl; 05-01-2012 at 06:05 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay folks the bigger lesson here is (are)

research.........know your cage when you are to be detained

study.......learn the things you need to know so you don't look like a redneck at a bar mitzvah or a hoe in church

appreciate........yourself for becoming more worldly and educated

relax........it's an experience, embrace it, don't shrink from a challenge

enjoy........this may never happen again

shine..........it's not about a diet today, it's an opportunity

and know......everybody else is worried about the same things you are, appearance, knowledgeability, looking uninformed.........

so..........(Legally Blonde soundtrack playing) SHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

also the fact that you are not ordering a banana and are willing to eat with gusto speaks volumes in front of professionals...........you are a risk taker, you are confident, you know what you want, you don't care if everyone knows it, and you have no fear.

A$$
Old 05-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and, finally, something that women find incredibly difficult to process.............

it's business, nothing personal.

that said, eating like a man will make you an equal and not a wussie. And will probably put the men at ease. Like I am woman watch me chow
Old 05-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

dang I am awesome when I pay attention
Old 05-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I am woman watch me chow
Old 05-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
A few things: I'm scale obsessed, too. . but I found if I weigh more than once per day. .I drive myself crazy. So I do it first thing in the morning in the birthday suit and jump on. . then off. . then on again. if they are the same. .that's what I go with. . .Never, ever, ever Weigh yourself at night. .your weight will definately fluctuate. . Beside. I noted that you had some turkey bacon. .it is loaded with salt which will make you retain some water (temporarily) . . make sure you drink twice as much on your "salty" days. I, too, love bacon periodically. .

In the very beginning, I like to eat as clean as possible as it helps to get the "cravings" out of your system. Day 3 is when they really start subsiding and then you will find that you are rarely hungry. . .and you'd be amazed, but one little egg can do you for breakfast. . Chicken, tuna and eggs are staples in my house. I always keep boiled eggs in the refigerator and I try to eat one on the way home (from work) so that I don't attack the refrigerator as soon as I walk in the door. It also helps when I am preparing meals for my family. . I also pop in some gum just to keep me from testing! Trust me. . my family will tell me if it tastes like poo poo. . no need for me to lick the spoon or any drips that may fall on my hand. . . .You get my drift. .

Good luck and what a great start. . keep checking in. . you will definately come to count on the support of this group. . it's great whether you are having a good day or a bad day. . .here's to many "good days!"
Thanks for the advice! I'll keep all that in mind. I actually didn't know that about the turkey bacon :3 obviously I'm new! lol Good thing I've been drinking tons and tons of water... I'm sure I drink more than 8 glasses. I get to around 8 and then lose count!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:38 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Ahh. Cc just what I needed this morning .. I listened twice just to get myself going ! You are priceless and always know what to say and know enough about everything to be a tad bit dangerous lol

Ok so before logging in this morning I was stark raving mad and ready to throw it in again I am up again!! Another pound!! I guess the weekend might be catching up or too much salt or too much crystal lite. Guess I'll reassess today and do the right thing. . Gonna pack a lunch either way as I have no idea what they will be serving and I refuse to go hungry. My only concern is that all my coworkers will be there eating so they will know I've already been served lunch if I choose to eat at my desk later in the day!! I guess I can hide in the bathroom and inhale a chicken breast when no one is looking. . Thank goodness for large purses.

Ok so I am 3 pounds up from published weight time to get double serious and dust off my walking shoes. Go me

Last edited by IM2fat; 05-02-2012 at 03:39 AM..
Old 05-02-2012, 03:40 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning all, Let's have a fabulous day!! Be-you-tiful today.!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ahh. Cc just what I needed this morning .. I listened twice just to get myself going ! You are priceless and always know what to say and know enough about everything to be a tad bit dangerous lol

Ok so before logging in this morning I was stark raving mad and ready to throw it in again I am up again!! Another pound!! I guess the weekend might be catching up or too much salt or too much crystal lite. Guess I'll reassess today and do the right thing. . Gonna pack a lunch either way as I have no idea what they will be serving and I refuse to go hungry. My only concern is that all my coworkers will be there eating so they will know I've already been served lunch if I choose to eat at my desk later in the day!! I guess I can hide in the bathroom and inhale a chicken breast when no one is looking. . Thank goodness for large purses.

Ok so I am 3 pounds up from published weight time to get double serious and dust off my walking shoes. Go me
yeah, I'm dangerous all right..........

so the scale was unkind..........poo on the scale. Scale is a mere machine. It does not measure intent, character or personal value.

Someone should invent a scale in the shape of a big heart that shows symbols. Butterflies, ladybugs, kittens.........

the hottie scale..........only talks trash.......'You a fine lookin' beotch today'
Quote:
Morning all, Let's have a fabulous day!! Be-you-tiful today.!
relish the day.........sugar free, of course.........
Old 05-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 234/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: April 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Hello all! I'm new to Stillman's
Welcome

Quote:
study.......learn the things you need to know so you don't look like a redneck at a bar mitzvah or a hoe in church
The hoe in church almost made me spit water on my monitor!

I am up 2 pounds from yesterdays "off day" I did not go crazy. Had some fruits and veggies and a bit more cheese than a human should eat in a day. hehehe

I am going to start doing the suggested 10 on 2 of,f starting today. My days off will just be a small amount of fruits and veggies added to my protein. They will also be my exercise days. My days on will be strict and clean. No cheese and no crystal lite. (this will kill me) I think the crystal lite was slowing me down. I read that the aspartame in it can cause insulin spikes and slow down weight loss. During my 10 days, if I need a break or something "bad" to eat, I will have a small amount of SF jello.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 05-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Hi Ladies!
I'm back and more determined than ever. I decided to restart once I moved into my new place, which I did yesterday. Now that everythings put away & unpacked I'm ready to start again with this diet! Summers around the corner as well as my daughters birthday & my birthday so time to get this weight off. Lets rock this month ladies!

Starting Weight:217
Height:5'5"
Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slatman
Stats: High 248 / Current 218/ Perfect 185
WOE: Carb Cycling -- Stillmans M-F
Start Date: November 2, 2009
Good morning! Welcome new folks!

Weight 210

B: 3hb eggs
L: 2 hamb patties
sn: water
D: chicken
sn: sfjello

Exercise: walking
1 hour active recovery cycling

Gu gel prior to exercise yesterday didn't affect loss.. gonna have to do some research on that one to see exactly how many grams of carbs muscles use in one hour of intense exercise at my weight and how it affects recovery and glycogen stores..

Felt like crap during the exercise not sure glycogen deprivation, the heat, or not recovered fully from the weekend race. Experiment continues Thursday
Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2b View Post
I chose a profile pic and this is to see if it shows up or not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2b View Post
Darn it! It didn't...Idk what I'm doing wrong? Guess I'll try again.
Jenn: In the user control panel, look on the left hand side and see if it says "edit Avatar". That's what you click on and from there can choose a ready made one or upload something else.

If you do not see it and do not see "edit signature" then it just means that you are too new. Newbies have to reach a threshold of a number of posts before they will have the option of signature and things like that.

If you want to put a picture in your post, click on the little paper clip and you can upload one. HTH!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Happy May, everyone!!! And to new Stillmanites!!!

I made a whey isolate protein shake this morning. I read that for low carb diets whey is better than soy and when you do buy whey, it should be isolate because they separate out the lactose.

Anyway, 2 scoops (it's just protein, no carbs), ice, water, 2 tsp ACV and a tsp BCAA. I'm trying the BCAA to help me build muscle. Just started and will take one tsp per day before workouts.

I need to get re-motivated. I'm kinda "blah" on wanting to lose right now and need a kick in the rear or something.

I'm thrilled that the weight I already lost is staying off pretty effortlessly, but I don't know what to do to get the urgency back.

Maybe I'm too happy with all my cute clothes and my energy and feeling lighter on my feet. Self-satisfaction is a huge diet buster, huh? Gotta break out of my comfort zone!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn2b
Stats: 256/245/125
WOE: Stillman/Atkins
Start Date: April 2012/Restart Feb. 2013
Thanx Phat
Old 05-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn2b
Stats: 256/245/125
WOE: Stillman/Atkins
Start Date: April 2012/Restart Feb. 2013
Aaaaand Yam too
Old 05-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Hello, Hello!

I am coasting along happily just eating low carb not being strict at all so I am losing very slowly but at least I am losing, This time around I am trying to be less strict and therfore less stressed about it we will see how it is at month end if I am happier and 10 pounds lighter instead of the 25 I used to aim for a month than so be it. Maybe its all the cute clothes I don't wanna shrik out of like Yam said haha

I am still up after my vegas trip but as long as it comes off before my trip to Hawaii (mid July) then I am happy might be easy to do stills in Hawaii with all the pig roasts I hear about haha
Old 05-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

My advice for the new people and this is just what worked for me so it may not work for everyone. Be less strict at the beginning and work your way to strict stills it makes the cravings a little easier have a small salad every couple days or some extra fat or eat some low fat yogurt, depending on the brand there are some that have the same carbs per serving as cottage cheese so keep them if need be. Find what things you can eat off plan and still lose with if you absolutely need to have a cheat, if it stalls you then at least you know what does it, I can have a slice of bread and still lose a tiny bit but a large salad (even though it has less carbs than the bread) will stall me for 2 days.

When I started last year I started with Atkins then it was half atkins half stills and eventually it was all stills and because I changed slowly I barely noticed i went from chicken caesars salads to just chicken.

It took time and I had my bad weekends, bad weeks even as I am sure some of you remember and I am sure I could have lost the weight quicker or more weight but in the end as long as you get back on plan you will lose the weight, its not the length of the journey just that you reached the end.

Thats why now that I am up 10 pounds from then I am back to stills because it works and I kept the weight off for about a year kinda bouncing on and off every few weeks.

Last edited by Mar922; 05-02-2012 at 11:08 AM..
Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
yeah, I'm dangerous all right..........

so the scale was unkind..........poo on the scale. Scale is a mere machine. It does not measure intent, character or personal value.

Someone should invent a scale in the shape of a big heart that shows symbols. Butterflies, ladybugs, kittens.........

the hottie scale..........only talks trash.......'You a fine lookin' beotch today'

relish the day.........sugar free, of course.........

Ahem. . . reminder alert!!!

Disclaimer:

The number before you will vary each day and multiple times per day. Try not to go crazy.
This scale will NOT tell you the following:

- What a great person you are
- How much your family and friends love you
- That you can make a stranger melt with your beautiful smile
- You have the power to choose happiness.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Ok so for Thursday a moderate 3 hour wourkout of 1800 Kcal would give me too much of a calorie deficit.

BMR 1969
Exercise 1800
3769 Calories out

1200 Calories in normal day = 2569 deficit
approx 40 lbs of bodyfat x 31 cal per 24 hours = 1240 max deficit per day
which means in theory on heavy days I need to eat 1329 add. calories to avoid possible muscle loss.

Very confusing.. think I will up the fat on heavy days to get more calories..

Eating to LITTLE has stalled me on Stillman's before... trying to avoid a repeat.. and a bunch of bones with skin hanging off wouldn't be that great either..

Last edited by slatman; 05-02-2012 at 01:49 PM..
Old 05-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"How That Glass of Red Wine Might Help You Live Longer," by Jenifer Goodwin
(_HealthDay_, May 1, 2012).
How That Glass of Red Wine Might Help You Live Longer

dang.........whoever heard of ONE glass of wine
Old 05-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatman View Post
Ok so for Thursday a moderate 3 hour wourkout of 1800 Kcal would give me too much of a calorie deficit.

BMR 1969
Exercise 1800
3769 Calories out

1200 Calories in normal day = 2569 deficit
approx 40 lbs of bodyfat x 31 cal per 24 hours = 1240 max deficit per day
which means in theory on heavy days I need to eat 1329 add. calories to avoid possible muscle loss.

Very confusing.. think I will up the fat on heavy days to get more calories..

Eating to LITTLE has stalled me on Stillman's before... trying to avoid a repeat.. and a bunch of bones with skin hanging off wouldn't be that great either..

Very nice. I would die after 20 minutes of moderate exercise. Probably not but it would feel like I was dying.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Hi Ladies!
I'm back and more determined than ever. I decided to restart once I moved into my new place, which I did yesterday. Now that everythings put away & unpacked I'm ready to start again with this diet! Summers around the corner as well as my daughters birthday & my birthday so time to get this weight off. Can't wait to read the May thread! Lets rock this month ladies!
Starting Weight:217
Height:5'5"
Old 05-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

I have been very good today.

B-2hb eggs
L-chicken breast with red hot
Dinner- Salmon patty (6 ounce can of salmon mixed with 1 egg)
Almost done with my gallon of water.. Yes just water. I have missed my crystal lite dearly today.

All in all today has been pretty easy. I hope the rest of it goes as well.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

awesome Bratty!

Slat, please elaborate on stalling when eating too little............?

chik breast
1 small lean burger
1 small pork rib
2 slice FF cheese
2 LC flatbread smallish, mostly egg whites, flax meal, water and baking powder......new recipe, kinda blech
2 sl bologna tossed after about 3/4 just to be rid of it

of course all meals are shared with kitties so total amounts vary

Last edited by CCGirl; 05-02-2012 at 05:10 PM..
Old 05-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
awesome Bratty!

Slat, please elaborate on stalling when eating too little............?

chik breast
1 small lean burger
1 small pork rib
2 slice FF cheese
2 LC flatbread smallish, mostly egg whites, flax meal, water and baking powder......new recipe, kinda blech
2 sl bologna tossed after about 3/4 just to be rid of it

of course all meals are shared with kitties so total amounts vary
Too much of a deficit and your body will adjust BMR.. haven't been able to find studies that determine "when' this happens my closest guess is 10 days.. some so called "experts" say 11 hours. In theory the more fat you have in pounds the bigger the deficit you can maintain. With exercise my deficit can be quite large so I need to eat a calorie total that pretty much matches the Kcal of the exercise.....
Old 05-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Mornin Down 2.8 today (yesterdays bloat plus a smidge more)

Last month I needed to buy some capris for this summer so I bought one pair of 16 and one 14 for later this summer. I am happy to say that my 14s already fit and I am tossing the 16s to the goodwill. I also bought a couple 14s from the goodwill and they also fit. Sooo I think I am officially a size 14 now.

I know some people would die being a 14 but it makes me SO happy to be out of 16s!

I hope you are all having a great day.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Mornin Down 2.8 today (yesterdays bloat plus a smidge more)

Last month I needed to buy some capris for this summer so I bought one pair of 16 and one 14 for later this summer. I am happy to say that my 14s already fit and I am tossing the 16s to the goodwill. I also bought a couple 14s from the goodwill and they also fit. Sooo I think I am officially a size 14 now.

I know some people would die being a 14 but it makes me SO happy to be out of 16s!

I hope you are all having a great day.
Thats awesome!!! before you know it you will be tossing the 14's to goodwill and will be in the 12's
Closed Thread