Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Here is SillyErin's weightloss story ....

You asked me how I got to 120. This is a question I'm asked all the time. In fact, I was posting here in Oct 2009 and documenting it while it happened. First of all, I was "IN THE ZONE" - you know, when you have so much motivation to get there that you CANT STOP.

I wouldnt be this hard on my body now, but I was determined to see if I could get there. I was running about 16-20 miles a week, Doing Fast-5, eating JUST chicken breast, or JUST ground turkey (no seasonings, no mustard, no nothin') and just water. This COMPLETELY turned off my appetite and nixed any cravings for binges. I would eat as much plain chicken or plain turkey as I wanted - but just in an eating window of 5pm-10pm (Google "Fast-5").

I also went off plan at least 2 times a week. I'd have a dinner only (balanced of whatever I wanted) within an hour as to not spike my insulin. As long as I ate perfectly clean the next day, I always stayed in ketosis and always kept losing. When I went off plan it was always intentional, and I considered it part of my plan. In fact, it worked better for me than continually staying on Stillmans totally.

But when I did Stillmans I also left no room for error. I was against artificial sweeteners, any cheese, or dips/condiments and seasoning. Everything changed when I started sticking to those rules. Stillmans literally became almost "too effective". So I believe now, (even though I do it from time to time) that adding the extras COMPLETELY slow down the losses. Kick those out, and the weight will pour off of you.

As far as incorporating intentional "cheats" - I never recommend it if youre still struggling with binges. It can be a very BAD slippery slope. You MUST, MUST, MUST have those cravings GONE (be in ketosis) to be able to do it successfully. Trust me! I was at a point where I was eating emotionally some time last year and trying to jump back on the wagon. Trying to do my original plan while still craving food would lead to eating off plan completely because it awakens cravings back.

The best thing to do is go with Stillmans for as long as you can to KILL THE HABIT of cheating/binges. It will go away eventually, but you have to train your brain that you don't do it anymore. (This is a whole entire other topic ) No matter how much of an appetite you "think" you have, you can train your brain to "eat to live".

And thats the "formula".

We all have trouble losing because of "falling off plan"....if we could just STAY ON, it would be a one shot road to our goal weight. I really believe it starts with taking away those urges to cheat, and you can totally turn off those urges if you just (no matter how hard it is) stay on plan enough to break the habit. After that...it happens. And lemme tell yuh' its SURREAL when you wear a size 2. I never felt it was really me. Its crazy. But its also not "be all, end all" that we think it is in our heads The great feeling wears off and you get used to it.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrfrGirl View Post
Yes...do tell. How do you choose the window?
Tell us about this. How does it work?

And thanks for asking how I am. A bit constipated, and no change for me.
400mg of magnesium will get rid of that. At least it does for me.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

I remember that post now. Thanks for reminding me. I was reading about the fast 5. I was surprised it said that you may not lose weight the first 3 weeks and then only 1 pound a week after that. I am guessing if you eat just turkey or chicken in your window the results are far better.

I will stick with Stills for now. It is doable for me, especially with planned off days. Maybe my progress will be so wonderful I won't want to go off at all. We will see...
Old 05-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #544
Senior LCF Member

OOOOOps sorry I may have posted twice ....

Last edited by Angelstill; 05-24-2012 at 12:24 PM..
Old 05-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #545
Senior LCF Member

Stillmans worked for me amazingly till I stalled .... As did Atkins and Scarsdale .... I was looking for a way to lose the stall that was lingering and I figured why not give it a try .... then Whoosh four lbs gone with (TOM) I was like no way !!!! woo hoo !!!! I will see how I do the next couple of days .... I do not recommend this for a long term diet .... But as a means to give your diet a jump start .... I am here at LCF for 2 mos. and I really take each advice given into serious consideration .... What works for one may or may not work for another .... I try to see what I am capable of doing as a successful diet .... I also want to be over and done with dieting asap !
Old 05-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Stillmans worked for me the best out of all the diets I have done .... I am glad that I found LCF and I look forward to reading on here ! The support and diet advice I find here makes all my diet struggles easier to deal with ....
Old 05-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #547
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Wow!!!! 4lbs lost I am in shock ! & it is still (TOM ) omg I want to go make sure the scale is not broke !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I woke up in a new decade! I have now lost 15.5 pounds! I'm feeling very good about this. I went way off plan and gained some of my 15 pound loss back. But I was able to stop the skid and get back on track! It sure feels good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am on my way out the door so I will do replies later. My little me is in the spelling B this year.

I had a 2 pound loss today. That is 5lbs in 2 days of clean, plain, sucky Stillman.

Congratulations to all you lovely loser ladies! Keep up the excellent work!

I was down 1.8 lbs this morning as well, not quite as impressive but it's nice to see the scale moving after a stall. I hope to get the same results when I start hardcore Stillmans in June! Hmm maybe I'll consider doing the fast five for a week. If I could lose 3-4 lbs per day in a week, then I'd be down to my goal weight and then some! In fact, even if I lost just 2 lbs a day for a week, I'd be basically there. Ahh it feels so close yet so far away!

Last edited by littlelavender; 05-24-2012 at 02:30 PM..
Old 05-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Awesome lil lav .... I drink about 16 oz water first thing in the a.m., moderate exercise a few minutes doing jump
rope... Then my window for fast 5 is 5:00 pm till 10:00 pm I eat about 4 turkey burgers plain and drink water about two burgers then in a couple of hours another two more water .... This diet is the hardest one ever for me .... I do have espresso mid afternoon ....
Old 05-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Just finished my eating for the day.

B- 2 soft boiled eggs
L- 1 plain chicken breast
D- 1 plain chicken breast

List of vitamins I take everyday.

1 womens daily
1 esterC
1 250mg magnesium
1 potassium ( don't remember the dose )
1 300mg mega red Omega-3 Krill Oil

I am looking forward to the scale tomorrow with a small fear that it will not do anything since I have lost 5 in two days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
I was down 1.8 lbs this morning as well, not quite as impressive but it's nice to see the scale moving after a stall.
That is a great number. I am always thrilled for anything over .5. You will get to goal if you stay on plan. You don't have that much to lose.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 05-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #550
Senior LCF Member

I just finished my turkey burger and I am full .... I put the rest away I am going to finish up some work then
jump rope .... I have my second day almost done one more to go .... I will do my 2 well balanced meals over the
weekend .... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated .... I take vitamins and many supplements one of my favorites
is Maca .... also green tea ....
Old 05-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
I wonder what would be better for slow weight loss/maintenance: Fast Five or JUDDD. I say slow weight loss because ideally I want to get down to around 120 eventually, but there wouldn't be as much of a rush; I don't want to stay on a strict diet to do it. And if i don't get there, I wouldn't be upset as long as I don't gain back what I've lost. What do you guys think? Or how do you plan on maintaining once you get to your GW?
Old 05-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
I wonder what would be better for slow weight loss/maintenance: Fast Five or JUDDD. I say slow weight loss because ideally I want to get down to around 120 eventually, but there wouldn't be as much of a rush; I don't want to stay on a strict diet to do it. And if i don't get there, I wouldn't be upset as long as I don't gain back what I've lost. What do you guys think? Or how do you plan on maintaining once you get to your GW?
When I get to goal weight I plan to watch calories, stick to mostly veggies and fruit for my carbs. Weigh weekly to stay on track. I also plan to get rid of every stitch of clothes that are too big so that I have no choice but to straighten up if my pants get tight.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #553
Senior LCF Member

Oh , JUDD would definately be a great option once I reach my goal .... I think the Fast 5 is an option that you may like if you stall .... I was doing so well on Stillmans till my weightloss was stuck in the mud it would not budge .... Then I binged and gained .... I am open to anyone who cares to share some of their diet experiences and advice .... I think we should make sure we all lose weight safely and look out for one another ....
Old 05-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Quote:
400mg of magnesium will get rid of that. At least it does for me.
I just left the office now and am on the way to pick up magnesium. Thanks Bratty!

Todays meals:

Breakfast-1 hardboiled egg
Lunch-2 small lean beef patties
Dinner will be ground chicken or turkey meatballs
Old 05-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh , JUDD would definately be a great option once I reach my goal .... I think the Fast 5 is an option that you may like if you stall .... I was doing so well on Stillmans till my weightloss was stuck in the mud it would not budge .... Then I binged and gained .... I am open to anyone who cares to share some of their diet experiences and advice .... I think we should make sure we all lose weight safely and look out for one another ....
Old 05-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #556
Senior LCF Member

mmmmmm.... turkey meatballs .... Yummy !
Old 05-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #557
Senior LCF Member

what does magnesium do ?
Old 05-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #558
Senior LCF Member

I work from home and I cannot always go out for a run .... I bought a jump rope .... 5 sets of 20 .... I take breaks in between of course ....
Old 05-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #559
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
what does magnesium do ?
I take it to regulate my heart palpitations.

Here is what netrition says about it.
As an essential dietary mineral, magnesium plays many important roles which include: helping cells produce metabolic energy, supporting optimum nerve function, helping muscles relax properly and maintaining a healthy heartbeat.

If you google it you can read about all it's uses.

I take 250 mg daily for my heart. If I get constipated I take 400mg and it works. (at least it does for me)
Old 05-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #560
Senior LCF Member

Oh , ok .... I used to eat an apple and drink extra water for those issues .... I will take magnesium
rather....
thank you !
Old 05-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #561
Senior LCF Member

Took it.
turkey meatballs for dinner. Delish!
Hoping for a woosh tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Down another 1.2 today. I had forgot how wonderful Stills is when you do it with no frills. I am hoping to keep seeing great numbers.
I was at 209 this morning. Getting SO close to being out of the 200s.

Meals are the same today

B- 2 HB eggs
L- Chicken Breast plain
D- Chicken Breast plain
Old 05-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Good Morning, Gals! You guys are doing great. . Here's my thought for the day:

More Sleep * More Music * More Tea * More books * More sunsets * More Long Walks * More Creativity * More Laughter * More Hugs * More Dreams * More Fun and More loving ourselves. .

Holding my own . doing what I do. .haven't gained anything and scale isn't moving as quickly as I would like. but I am living Life and dusting myself off and doing what I KNOW I need to do. .

Toodles. . I gotta get to work but wanted to drop in . . Go.. go. .go. .
Old 05-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

More Sleep * More Music * More Tea * More books * More sunsets * More Long Walks * More Creativity * More Laughter * More Hugs * More Dreams * More Fun and More loving ourselves. .

Holding my own . doing what I do. .haven't gained anything and scale isn't moving as quickly as I would like. but I am living Life and dusting myself off and doing what I KNOW I need to do. .

* More friends like you ! *
Old 05-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #565
Senior LCF Member

Down 2 more lbs. I look forward to my espresso .... oooo yes IM2 * More espresso *
Old 05-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Down another 1.2 today. I had forgot how wonderful Stills is when you do it with no frills. I am hoping to keep seeing great numbers.
I was at 209 this morning. Getting SO close to being out of the 200s.

Meals are the same today

B- 2 HB eggs
L- Chicken Breast plain
D- Chicken Breast plain
Awesome !!!! wayyyyyyy to goooooo !!!! I am one pound away from a new decade of digits too .... I love the feeling of waking up and losing weight on the scale .... it is worth the whole diet process ....
Old 05-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #567
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

Glad you are doing what you need to do. You have to be true to your own needs.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Down 2 more lbs. I look forward to my espresso .... oooo yes IM2 * More espresso *
That is awesome.
Some days I really miss my coffee addiction. I have not had caffeine (except in chocolate) for about 5 years.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Bratty-i am following your Mag instuctions, and no action this morning first wake.So no weight loss change, but now I am up and experiencing some action! I must weigh less than this morning but only weigh in the morning. Tommorrrow will be a loss for sure the way I'm going. Yay!

The turkey meatballs were a hit last night. The boyfriend loved them!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #570
Senior LCF Member

I'm thinking it has to be 5:00 o'clock somewhere lol
waiting for the window to open .... I had no action in days I will go try some mag....
Closed Thread