Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Good morning Mim ! I am so happy you are sticking on plan and feeling good about it.... As for feeling flawed and not quite as good as the woman you say are flawless is not visible on the outside trust me you look just as good maybe even better than them .... but you just do not feel it within .... I feel frumpy I do not like the way clothes look on me and I hide from cameras .... We both need to feel it within we will someday !
Angelstill, Mim: how are you doing?

And Erin?

Love and prosperity to everyone on the Stillman's thread.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Angelstill. Coundn't have gotten this far without the wonderful support of you and the others here.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Today is the day ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyErin View Post
Bratty - that's so awesome!!!! I'm glad you had such a whoosh! Those are awesome!!!

Angel - don't get hard on yourself. Weight has nothing to do with who you are as a person. So judging yourself based on things that are difficult FOR ANYONe does not make you a failure! If that's true, then I guess I'm a failure too - cause its hard for me to stay on track and sometimes I have uncontrollable binges that make me feel devastated! Just keep trying! Once I started the fast-5 and took out all the additives and dairy, any additions - it eliminated my binges and my appetite and opened a door for me. You just have to find that door!!!! I failed soooo many times before I found the perfect formula! But I didn't give up, and finally found it.

Losing weight isn't as easy as 1 + 1 = 2. No matter what anyone says! Different things work for different people. You could find that golden key that unlocks it all! You just have to keep searching if you want it bad enough!!
Well ... I broke the stall alright by going up a lb and a half ok I call it an even 2 .... but I am going to kick this plan into action and win the fight against fat .... seriously this has been a long time fight but I am not going back to white castle , and Burger King etc .... I am going to be a cave woman for 3 days .... ok a spoiled cave woman my BF made me espresso ... Look I ate that Taco salad the other day and then scrambled eggs with bacon for yesterdays breakfast and sausage and peppers last night so I knew I messed up big time but today is a new day and I am going strict .... It is meat and water for me yea a lil espresso for now but maybe even that is going to go .... Thank you so much Erin for this WOE diet plan .... and the encouragement .... I looked at my eating habits and you are right diets are not fun and I do want it over and done with asap !!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrfrGirl View Post
Angelstill, Mim: how are you doing?

And Erin?

Love and prosperity to everyone on the Stillman's thread.
feeling better thanks to all my friends here .... Thank you !
Old 05-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Here's something to think about, gals!

"HOLY ****! I'VE EATEN SO MUCH! IM GOING TO BE OBESE"
I bet you're thinking that. I know I have. But I read this and it put my mind at rest.

"Ok.

Stop.

Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.

I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, ok?

Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.

2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your ass, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and **** and burns those 2000 calories.

To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a ****ing lot of calories, okay?

Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.

One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
21 cheetos are 160 calories. 714 cheetos are 5500 calories.
Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.

Did you ruin all your progress? No.

Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.

Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.

Know why?

Cause **** happens.

But we move on, and we stay determined.

Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself."
Old 05-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well ... I broke the stall alright by going up a lb and a half ok I call it an even 2 .... but I am going to kick this plan into action and win the fight against fat .... seriously this has been a long time fight but I am not going back to white castle , and Burger King etc .... I am going to be a cave woman for 3 days .... ok a spoiled cave woman my BF made me espresso ... Look I ate that Taco salad the other day and then scrambled eggs with bacon for yesterdays breakfast and sausage and peppers last night so I knew I messed up big time but today is a new day and I am going strict .... It is meat and water for me yea a lil espresso for now but maybe even that is going to go .... Thank you so much Erin for this WOE diet plan .... and the encouragement .... I looked at my eating habits and you are right diets are not fun and I do want it over and done with asap !!!!
I am so happy you are going all cave woman!
And thanks Erin for the encouragement and tips!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #487
Senior LCF Member

Ok everyone: You know the drill! Look back on Erin's posts! Make sure you have what you need!
Eggs
Turkey, esp. ground turkey and make your taco meat with your own spices, if using.
Chicken
Bullion-low salt as possible, or FF soduim free broth for egg drop soup-mentioned in an above post, earlier.
Water
We can do this!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Thank you !

Don't think that way! You are not a failure! What we're doing is not easy. If it was, we'd all be where we want to be right now. :P The point is, you're doing your best. That's more than a lot of people can say! "Failures" don't even try. Just stick with it the best you can and your effort won't be for nothing!

Thank you lil lav. I know I cannot change the way I feel about myself overnite but I can start to like myself little by little .... First things first I am not going with the usual routine anymore .... I will weigh myself each morning in my birthday suit .... but when I pass the mirror I am not going to look and cry .... that morning habit I have to break .... I will weigh myself put my robe on and go downstairs and have espresso check into LCF and feel good .... just the little changes to get back to feeling better about myself .... and I am going to exercise slowly no miles just yet but I am going to go and get moving .... Thank you for cheering me up .... especially failures do not even try .... well .... I try and I will not give up .... oh, btw if I say I am giving up will someones close to Lancaster , Pa. come kick me in the butt !!!! Thank you !
Old 05-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I could totally eat 714 Cheetos!

Your post is how I think when I am counting calories and it definitely puts what you eat into perspective. The reason I get so upset when I binge for a few days, is not the weight gain. I know that is bloat. I get upset because I have knocked myself out of Ketosis and I know it will take me 2-4 days of feeling like complete crap to get back in. It is not as forgiving as other diets.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Here's something to think about, gals!

"HOLY ****! I'VE EATEN SO MUCH! IM GOING TO BE OBESE"
I bet you're thinking that. I know I have. But I read this and it put my mind at rest.

"Ok.

Stop.

Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.

I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, ok?

Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.

2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your ass, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and **** and burns those 2000 calories.

To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a ****ing lot of calories, okay?

Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.

One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.

Did you ruin all your progress? No.

Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.

Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.

Know why?

Cause **** happens.

But we move on, and we stay determined.

Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself."
Thank you for all this information .... I am determined
Old 05-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/16/12
HAHA - IM2, and Bratty - Yea! I could totally eat 2 pizzas! (Ok maybe not in ONE entire sitting, but throughout the day? YEP!)

And I'M SOOOOO glad we have this "strict/plain Stillmans" goin!

Maybe if we post our menus each day, and show eachother what we're eating - it will be motivation to stay on track.

Also, I know when I get up and write out a PLAN for the day, my brain instantly stays with that route.

When I "wing it" - I tend to get more creative, and eat more just cause I'm not really paying attention.

If we post what we're eating each day, in detail, it really sheds a light on what EXACTLY could be haulting OR speeding up our losses.

Sometimes you need to see it in front of you, to realize where you went wrong OR right.

So, If todays plan went like this:

3 hard boiled eggs
Lunch - 6 oz turkey burger patty plain
Dinner - 6 oz turkey burger plain

60 oz water
4 mile run

Its easier because your brain actually pictures doing it all as you read back over it. It almost INFORCES the idea, and makes it more likely that you stick to it (with me at least).
Old 05-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #492
Senior LCF Member

BTW: I've lost 10 pounds so far for May (I dont consistently weigh myself every day) - My goal is another 5 pounds so I can I lost 15 in May ALONE!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #493
Senior LCF Member

Today's menu water and espresso ....window opens at 5:00 pm till 10:00 pm turkey burgers grilled on BBQ .... Water of 60 ounces total for the day and after dinner walk .... I had to take midol for that (TOM) & that is all folks .... Wish me luck !
Old 05-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Good LUCK!!!! I think that sounds like the PERFECT plan!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Thank you I just hope I can control how many turkey burgers I can eat when the window opens I already shaped the ground turkey into patties just waiting to fire up the grill ..... Lol
Old 05-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #496
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BrandyLandon
Stats: Start : 2010/ Goal : 160
WOE: HCG.
Thanks ladies :]
We're still following everything in the inches off diet, so we should still lose :]
Old 05-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyLandon View Post
Thanks ladies :]
We're still following everything in the inches off diet, so we should still lose :]
I wish you both great success !!!! It is great when you have a diet partner isn't it ?
Old 05-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #498
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dag24
Stats: 212/190/140
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: May 23 2012
Hello everyone,
I just started the stillman's diet today and I would love to apart of the thread, is it too late to join?

Thanks! Hope everyone is doing well and succeeding.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #499
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag24 View Post
Hello everyone,
I just started the stillman's diet today and I would love to apart of the thread, is it too late to join?

Join in and welcome it is so nice here you will get loads of support !!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #500
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dag24
Stats: 212/190/140
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: May 23 2012
Quote:

Join in and welcome it is so nice here you will get loads of support !!!!
Thanks Angelstill!
I can already feel it! I was already on a diet plan that involved ketosis last year for about five months and lost 60 pounds and kept it off for about a two months and then gained 40 back when life got in the way but I'm excited to start again especially now that I am apart of a support group. I am hoping that I can lose at least 45 by the beginning of August. Are there any special tips that anyone can share to help lose weight even faster? I've also been getting headaches hopefully it won't last long lol.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

Today

Breakfast- 2 hb eggs
Lunch- 1 Plain chicken breast
Dinner- 1 Plain chicken breast
120 ounces of water

What is the recommended amount of water in a day? That looks like a lot of water. I have a 20 ounce water bottle that I fill up every 2 hours 6 times. Yes, I am in the bathroom a lot.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag24 View Post
Hello everyone,

It is never too late.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

I am looking forward to having less surface area to shave once I am skinny.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #504
Senior LCF Member

HAHA, Bratty!

About water - Don't FORCE water on yourself, just drink what your body tells you to.

Too much water amps appetite.

I know in his book he mandates a bunch of water, BUT - the medical community has different recommendations today. They discovered we do NOT need as much water as the old staple advice of 8 cups per day.

We get the most water via our food.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Stillmans advice is good - but remember - this book is from 1969. NEW research has come out since then.

Just like the 6 meals a day - proven un-effective. Food does not stimulate or control metabolism. HORMONES do! (as well as genetics and temperature..)
Old 05-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

A question about the turkey burgers. Are you using ground turkey? If so is there a fat percentage I should get?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #507
Senior LCF Member

I use Jennieo brand from Walmart. Mine have 8g of fat per 4oz and 170 calories. I think they have regular ground turkey, lean, and VERY lean...I get the lean (the middle ground). It comes in a 1.25 pound package or a package with 3 pounds.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Caught in a down pour here .... Such a lovely day turned ugly .... I am going to probably broil the burgers in the oven ..... I bought trader joes ground turkey breast .... I heard Jennios is good too .... Erin do you think for QWL I should eliminate eggs ?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #509
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyErin View Post
I use Jennieo brand from Walmart. Mine have 8g of fat per 4oz and 170 calories. I think they have regular ground turkey, lean, and VERY lean...I get the lean (the middle ground). It comes in a 1.25 pound package or a package with 3 pounds.
I use Jennie-o also, but been using the extra lean. i need to catch up with your weight loss

So far I have lost about 5 lbs.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrfrGirl View Post
I use Jennie-o also, but been using the extra lean. i need to catch up with your weight loss

So far I have lost about 5 lbs.
Awesome !!!! Do you eat HB eggs for breakfast ?
Closed Thread