Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Hello everyone! After almost a week of stalling at ~160, I reached a new low this morning: 157! I was starting to get discouraged so this morning was definitely nice for me. I think it's probably because I've been treating myself to some high sodium turkey sausage/bacon over the weekend and not drinking as much water as usual since I left my water bottle at work last Thursday. I never thought I'd actually get attached to a water bottle, but I was actually a little distressed because that's the way I keep track of how much water I've been drinking! So it was probably just retained water, I think. I am hoping to reach 150 or so, ideally 148-149, by June 3rd because I have a planned beach trip that day! I've never felt confident in a bathing suit ever since I can remember. I'm hoping to change that this summer! Then hopefully ~140, again ideally a little less, by June 23rd because I'm going to a concert I've been looking forward to and I have a skinny outfit planned! Then 130-135 before I leave for a big trip on July 23rd. If I hit 140 by the beginning of July, I think I'll start a Stillmans/JUDDD hybrid to kick down the last few pounds so I can have an easy way to maintain my weight loss. Those sound like pretty realistic goals, right??

Anyway, congratulations to the losers!!! You guys are so awesome! And good luck to those who are trying out new WOEs! I wish the best of luck to you all.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Way to go littlelavender!
A new decade for you!! Congrats!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Hey girls,
I can see that everyone is working hard on their bikini body for summer!

Its been awhile since I've last been here. Last May, with the support of the wonderful people on the Stillman threads, I was able to stick to a diet for the first time in my life and lose 33 lbs in just 2.5 months.

Before, I had tried many different methods of losing weight (calorie counting, exercising, eating whatever I liked in moderation (LOL doomed from the start), even fasting (and ended up binging until I gained all the weight back), and did not succeed at any of them, mainly due to me going off plan due to temptations everywhere. Over the last four years, I've yo-yo'ed up and down, always in a perpetual state of dieting and bingeing, and hating my body the entire time.

I went from 100 lbs to 140 lbs in 4 years, and my entire body changed shape. Pants that I used to wear don't fit, and worse, I've actually ruined many pairs of pants by trying to cram myself in them, resulting in the seams ripping and the buttons POPPING OFF at random moments. Not cool. At 140, I was afraid to run into people I hadn't seen in awhile, was criticized often by my family, and seriously felt ashamed of myself because I just KNEW another comment about my weight was around the corner.

And the kicker was that I got myself to 140 by dieting, which led to binging. Those four years were difficult, with the weight gain, pressure to be thin from others, and stress from my academic life. At the time, I did ballet, and I went on my first diet because I wanted to lose weight to 90 so I could be as slim as my fellow ballerinas. I deeply regret it now, but its probably best for me to accept the past and take action now so that I can create positive change.

So last May, one day, after lurking on this thread for some time, I finally joined this thread and started posting. Connecting with others who shared the same issues and offered emotional support made the difference from that being another failed diet that made me feel like a failure to feeling better every day. I'm not even kidding about this, but I must say I've never felt more confident during those 2.5 months in my entire life. I went from 140 to 107 lbs, and although I didn't reach my original weight of 100 lbs, I was SO happy.

However, as I became happier about my weight, I "forgot" how hard it was to lose the weight (I would stall every 10 lbs and I'd have to do something drastic like the atkins fat fast to restart weight loss, and while losing weight, I also got a lot of calf cramps and rashes all over my body) and slowly went back to eating the way I did before. This was disaster, and the unhappy ending of the story is that I am now close to my highest weight.

While gaining 30 lbs back, its not as if I haven't noticed myself gaining. I knew. I just didn't have the self control to put myself back on track until I was back to square one. While gaining weight back, I was actually pretty desperate to get the weight off, and I did try a few times to lose the weight I was piling back on. It didn't work, because I just wasn't dedicated enough.The only thing good about being back to my highest weight is that now that I seriously loathe the way my clothes cut off my circulation, the way I can barely socialize like a normal person due to my low self esteem, and my deep desire to feel good about myself once again, I feel passionate this time about losing the weight again and KEEPING IT OFF.

I thought I was the exception, foolishly. I thought as long as I lost the weight, I would be fine, and everything would be perfect. Not so. Its hard work, but its totally worth it. And the longer I stayed on the diet, the easier it got, because slowly, I got used to it. It was when I started having little indulgences like a piece of cake after losing weight that things got seriously out of control, because I would want more and more and more.

This time, I don't think I'll cheat, because I don't think I can bear feeling this way about myself any longer. Moreover, I long to fall in love with myself all over again, to feel confident about myself on the inside and outside.

I'll be joining this thread again, because I know its the support that was the only reason that I succeeded last time. My willpower is not good and I live in an environment where there is every cheat food you could think of. I can't believe how well I did last summer. My dream would be to get to goal, and maintain.

The people here gave me a lot of valuable advice, a ton of patience, and were always there with a positive attitude. I'm glad to be back .

Last edited by purekitten; 05-16-2012 at 10:50 PM..
Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Wow that was a really long post!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:53 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Ah Pkitty even tho I'm on my iPhine and can't type worth beans I just have to let you know that your post was a wonderful testament and is probably a true reflection of how we all feel or have felt. We have to get to the point in our life where we are accepting of ourselves and love (ok tolerate ) us! Remind yourself every single day that the scale does not measure how important you are or how beautiful you are, especially to others. Believe me I totally understand how you feel as I've been riding that same yo yo diet for years. Right now , focus on you. Wear the things that make you feel comfortable, wear some pretty shoes, do your make-up and act like you are at your goal weight! Wonderful things are sure to happen . Just be sure not to let one little slip send you into a spiral. Brush yourself off and say I can do this ! I will do this! I am doing this! And don't get discouraged your friends are here for you. I've just left my pity party and feel so kuch better and my weight is starting to reflect it! Good luck I know you will do great. One thing that has always helped me focus. Keep a food and activity journal and be sure to chart losses . It will give you a nice visual and you might see a pattern develop. There are a ton of free online ones if you are not a pen and paper gal. Please stick with us. I'm doing it and so can you. Huggs
Old 05-17-2012, 03:55 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lav: awesome job
Old 05-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning my shrinking friend! Ok so my evil Plan is beginning to work!! Bahhhaha I'm almost back to stat weight and ( fingers crossed ) I plan to be there tomorrow darn it all! 2 more pounds gone this morning -ah natural of course but that's the way I roll. Also I pre-loaded my plan in hubby's iPhone yesterday and he was actually logging some foods- I hope I can get him interested in losing with me again unfortunately I think he's gained most of his weight back too so we need to support one another more than ever. That's the funny thing about men. They aren't quite so obsessive. They just do it or they don't.

Either way I'm in it to lose it. Let's go !!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 05-17-2012 at 04:02 AM..
Old 05-17-2012, 06:21 AM   #278
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
PurrrKitty - welcome back. You are in the right space and on the right thread to get the job done.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:23 AM   #279
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Today is the day! I'm getting my hair cut this morning. Yesterday I bought walking shoes and I'm going to start walking to the office, and I'll start walking at the park track and on my treadmill. I'm tired of feeling fat and ugly. I'm not ugly. I am fat and I am going to take care of that!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Today I feel like a train hit me in my sleep. My neck and shoulders are so sore for no apparent reason and my head is killing me. (carb withdrawl)

I know I will feel better tomorrow but this stinks! I wish I would think of these days when I go on a 5 day chow down.

I am down another 1.4. I have 2 more to lose to get back to my pre fat/carb fest.

My husband and I were talking this morning about the roller coaster we have been on. 4.5 years ago was my first go with Stillmans. I was 203 and I did it for about 1 month and got down to 180. We then went on vacation, pigged out and did not come up for air for almost a year.
By the time I put the breaks on I had gained a little over 50 pounds. I sat at 232 and hated myself.

Over the next 4 years we have been losing and gaining the same 20 pounds over and over again. Today I told him I am done... I have always started Stillman with no real plan in place. It has always been that I did stillman for a few weeks then a calorie restriction for awhile. Only to fail and gain the weight back over a couple of months. Or I would just plan to do stillman for as long as I can stand it... lose about 20 and fall off the stillman wagon again.

I really am sick of this and I know it will never end until I make it stop. What I have learned the last few years is that I can not look at Stillman as short term but I can also not look at it as a way of life forever.

That said my plan is to get to my goal weight in about 6 months. 10 pounds a month until December. Knowing that I always stall at about the 2-3 week mark, I am going to have an off day every 3 weeks. I will try to make those off days enough that I feel rejuvenated to do Stillman for another 3 weeks but not so much that I have to do it for a week to get back to where I was.

I have to do this, I need to. For my husband, my kids, and more importantly, for myself. I am sick of being self conscious every second of every day. I hate that despite how I felt last summer in a bathing suit, I get to be humiliated again this year too. I refuse to do it again next year....

I also want to wear the fabulous leather jacket my mother in law gave me 3 years ago this winter. It still has the tags on it...

Someone here has the signature that says, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. I want to know that first hand. Now I hope and pray for the strength to do this. I have done harder things in my life. I CAN do this.

ok So have I bored you to death? I hope not. I just wanted to rant and get it all out. I think my friends are sick of me taking about weight loss every time they see me.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 05-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Today is the day! I'm getting my hair cut this morning. Yesterday I bought walking shoes and I'm going to start walking to the office, and I'll start walking at the park track and on my treadmill. I'm tired of feeling fat and ugly. I'm not ugly. I am fat and I am going to take care of that!
Go Mim . go
Old 05-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bratty: I'm right there with you. . I am soooo tired of always "being on a diet" only to fall off and hate myself and eat more to feel better and feel worse because I've eaten more and then start the whole process again. .

I really think (believe) that the trick is to make yourself understand that it has to be a way of life. Bottom line. .you need to burn more than you take in. . no matter how you do it - exercise, eating. .etc. . . Stillmans works great and will give you the absolute boost you need and if you are like the true die-hard Stillmanites. . . you know you can always turn back to it to take off the few pounds you might gain. . .It's like having an Ace in your back pocket. . We just have to learn to pull it out when we need it and we have to learn to be accountable and accepting that "life happens". . .Enjoy living now and good things will happen. It's difficult to stuff your face when you are wearing a bright smile and great lip gloss!!!!

Good luck and stick with it. I am counting on you losers to help me be a bigger loser!!! LOL
Old 05-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Hello everyone! After almost a week of stalling at ~160, I reached a new low this morning: 157!
Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purekitten View Post
Wow that was a really long post!
It was! But I read and understood every word. I think we all do or have felt that way. Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I'm almost back to stat weight and ( fingers crossed ) I plan to be there tomorrow
I am happy for you. I am doing the same stuff.. Getting back to where I was. lol

Quote:
I hope your hair turns out great! I did mine last week and the woman some how managed to chop two years of growth off. I was SO mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Thanks Bratty Losing those 4lbs must have felt great! I may ignore the scale for a few days to be sure I see an encouraging drop next time I step on. I wish I could talk my husband into joining me but he has me popping frozen pizzas in the oven for him. He thinks that's easier than asking me to actually cook a high carb meal for him but any kind of pizza is hard to resist.
There are certain things that are not allowed in the house while I am losing weight. Pizza is number one.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I also want to wear the fabulous leather jacket my mother in law gave me 3 years ago this winter. It still has the tags on it...
O. .and for the record. . I still have a fabulous "Hello Kitty" pink leather jacket that is still collecting dust in my closet (Calm down, GT. . its not really HK. .but the color resembles it!!). .

hahah
Old 05-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oK. .So off to chart my breakfast. . I feel so in control today I just want to SHOUT it out loud!!! One meal at a time, Peeps. . one meal. . . .
Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tip of the Day: Identify your weakness. Most of us don’t eat poorly all the time. There’s usually one time of day, or one day during the week, when we fall into a “dietary danger zone.” • Meal Stuffing – overeating at mealtimes • Party Binging – losing track or control of how much you eat or drink • Desktop/Dashboard Dining – speed eaters, eating at work or on the go to save time • Restaurant Indulging – eat out more (and consequently eat over-sized portions) • Snack Grazing – reach for food out of habit rather than hunger

Just a thought. . I love reading this stuff. . sometimes things actually stick or trigger something better. .
Old 05-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Welcome Back PureKitten !!!!

After reading your post I was like how fitting the roller coaster we all must be riding .... I want to get off of it too and reach my goal .... I do not know what is worse reaching your goal to enjoy it for a while then gain it all back or be like me for years not even get there because I cannot stop myself from being a chow cow .... I hope we can help each other get to our goal .... and most importantly stay there .... I love the way it feels to be thin but I also love food to the point that when it is something I am enjoying I cannot put the fork down .... and yesterday was exactly it I ate soooo much because I used my birthday as an excuse I chowed down like man vs food and I won of course, I started with a jumbo margarita on ice then ate a lot of Mexican food and even devoured the whole fried ice cream dessert washed it down with coffee .... I think I need my stomach removed because it does not ever feel full!!!! came home for my birthday cake and then was still hungry went to IM Lovin It up the road Mcdonalds for large fries and a coca cola .... I gained five this morning and I deserve it I let food and yes yummy food get in the way .... Today is a new day and I am going back on plan .... I have to because I cannot and will not let food no matter how yummy get in my way of my goal ....
Old 05-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations !!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE LOSERS !!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

ha ! was typing as you sent this in ....

Quote:
Tip of the Day: Identify your weakness. Most of us don’t eat poorly all the time. There’s usually one time of day, or one day during the week, when we fall into a “dietary danger zone.” • Meal Stuffing – overeating at mealtimes • Party Binging – losing track or control of how much you eat or drink • Desktop/Dashboard Dining – speed eaters, eating at work or on the go to save time • Restaurant Indulging – eat out more (and consequently eat over-sized portions) • Snack Grazing – reach for food out of habit rather than hunger

Just a thought. . I love reading this stuff. . sometimes things actually stick or trigger something better. .
ha ! was typing as you sent this in .... seriously you are a mind reader !!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Awesome !!!!

Quote:
I got my haircut on Tuesday and highlights .... I know how you feel with wanting to look and feel good .... I want to change things like living in sweat pants and how people see me and say you have such a pretty face .... I know what they really mean and I am going to take care of that too !
Old 05-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Have a nice rest of the week !!!!

Have a great day of losing weight everyone !!!! I am joining in again .... first thing first on the menu water and some detox tea .... a definite walk too it is a beautiful May day !!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/16/12
Phase: I'm not new to Stillmans - I'm an "old pro" at it. I've been doing it off and on, with some tweaks, etc since 2005. I took most of my weight off that way, and at some point (Oct 2009) got down to 120 pounds (I'm 5'6) using Stillmans and higher calorie cycling. I normally do Stillmans hard-core, I wont even use seasoning. I'll eat plain grilled turkey burger and chicken, and I've always got the best results that way. And just water.

Kitty:I LOVED reading your story! I could have written it word-for-word about myself. I took off a large amount of weight and kept it off for 5 years, only to regain probably 25 of it just recently (I'm being tested for Gluten Intolerance and Adrenal Fatigue). I never once took my focus off dieting - it just seemed to pile back on (via stress binges - that I never even got to enjoy - go figure).

Everyone else - mind if I join in with you?
Old 05-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #293
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Erin - Welcome aboard!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #294
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I am really angry about my hair. I took a picture, the beautician said she got it and then proceeded to simply cut my hair in the same style it was, only shorter. It is nothing like the picture! I will wait a few weeks and try another salon. This is the second place I've tried and both beauticians have ignored what I wanted and instead gave me the cut they do best. Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 05-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
I gained five this morning and I deserve it I let food and yes yummy food get in the way .... Today is a new day and I am going back on plan .... I have to because I cannot and will not let food no matter how yummy get in my way of my goal ....
Just jump right back on. It was one day. You will recover fast. Don't beat yourself up.

Quote:
oK. .So off to chart my breakfast. . I feel so in control today I just want to SHOUT it out loud!!! One meal at a time, Peeps. . one meal. . . .
Happy for you!

Quote:
I am really angry about my hair. I took a picture, the beautician said she got it and then proceeded to simply cut my hair in the same style it was, only shorter. It is nothing like the picture! I will wait a few weeks and try another salon. This is the second place I've tried and both beauticians have ignored what I wanted and instead gave me the cut they do best. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

That stinks Mim I had the same problem with my last cut. Teach me to try and save a few bucks...
Old 05-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyErin View Post

Everyone else - mind if I join in with you?
The more the merrier.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Thank you guys for sharing your stories! I enjoy reading them. Unlike many of you, I have always been at least slightly overweight but I've just kinda seen it as... "I'm fat, that's who I am and it's not going to change. If that's a problem for someone, I don't want them in my life anyway". I never even felt like it was worth making the effort to diet or exercise or change myself. The difference is that after I started reading this forum and learning more about the successes of Stillmans, I realized that I CAN change, thanks to you guys. I CAN look at skinny or even normal weight people and think, "I can and will look like that" instead of "They're just part of some skinny beautiful people club that I'll never be a member of". It just takes some work for people like us, but we CAN do it. Sure there may be slip ups, no one is perfect! But the more we beat ourselves up for those slip ups, the less motivated we are going to be to get back on it, so sometimes we just have to say it's okay and move on with our lives. And as for maintaining, which seems to be the hardest part, I hope we all find something that works for us. It may just take some planning. I've only been a part of this forum for a few weeks but you guys are all such lovely people, you deserve to be able to feel confident about the fact that you are just as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside, and you CAN feel that way as long as you put your mind to it! Mostly I just wanted to say thank you for all your inspiration, old and new Stillmans dieters alike.

/end rant

Last edited by littlelavender; 05-17-2012 at 01:37 PM..
Old 05-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

I am so angry!! I just found out the birth control depo provera can cause insulin resistance! I gained 40 lbs on that demon shot(and an addition 25 from conventional dieting) but every check up I went to the nurse made me feel ashamed about my weight.. saying I should eat less and move more and that the shot could not possibly be causing the gains or my mood swings!! I felt like a freak. I should have been warned, not forced into feeling bad about myself because of the side effects. At least I've found low carb and stillmans! I've read about many women that even years after stopping the shots struggled with losing the weight and mostly they say low to zero carb is the ONLY thing that worked for them. I'm SO glad I know about stillmans!!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
I am so angry!! I just found out the birth control depo provera can cause insulin resistance! I gained 40 lbs on that demon shot(and an addition 25 from conventional dieting) but every check up I went to the nurse made me feel ashamed about my weight.. saying I should eat less and move more and that the shot could not possibly be causing the gains or my mood swings!! I felt like a freak. I should have been warned, not forced into feeling bad about myself because of the side effects. At least I've found low carb and stillmans! I've read about many women that even years after stopping the shots struggled with losing the weight and mostly they say low to zero carb is the ONLY thing that worked for them. I'm SO glad I know about stillmans!!
I did not know that it caused insulin resistance. The only hormone type birth control I ever used was the pill for a couple months in high school. I started gaining weight and quit taking it. They need to find a pill for the men. I think women have to do enough crap.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Bratty! I agree! I'm having the hubby get snipped, all the BC options for women suck balls. "Depo-Provera is also used with male sex offenders as a form of chemical castration as it has the effect of drastically reducing sex drive in males." Killing his sex drive would prolly be pretty effective as well.
Closed Thread