Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Newbie here!

Hello! I'm new here; I just came across this forum and decided to try out the Stillman's diet. I've never been on an actual diet like this before but I kept reading everyone's success stories and it really motivated me so congratulations, guys!

Anyway, I just had a couple questions. I'm currently 170/F/5'4/130. Ideally I'd like to get down to 120 but I'm hoping to get down to at least around 135-130 by the end of July. I was going to start with the QWL diet for 2 weeks or so and then switch to the Inches Off diet for a week and alternate those every week for the next few months. Plus I'm gonna go to the gym for 45 mins-1 hour, 3-4 times a week. Do you guys think that will be effective, or should I try to stick with the QWL diet for as long as possible? I'm just not sure how long I can stay on such a restrictive diet, especially since I'm not a big fan of eggs (but I guess I'll learn to love them) or cottage cheese (which I'm gonna try to stay away from), and I want to be realistic about my expectations. Do you guys have any meal suggestions?

Also, once losing the weight, how do you keep it off? Is it possible to start introducing meat into the Inches Off Diet and still maintain the weight? Obviously binging/eating poorly will make you gain again, but honestly I don't know if I could stay on either diets so strictly for more than a few months. I was just wondering if you can start eating semi-normally again afterward (provided you don't binge, don't eat junk/sugary foods often, etc.).

Sorry for all the explanation. As I said, I'm new to this. It would just be nice to have a support group! My boyfriend is going to try to do this with me but honestly, I think I have more self-control so I'm not sure how long that's gonna last. Really though, you guys have been an inspiration to me so keep up the good work!

Last edited by littlelavender; 04-29-2012 at 08:47 PM..
littlelavender is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Hope on over to the April thread and those peeps can help you. wonderful support. . wonderful tips and a whole lot of inspiration! This is a great way to jump start your weight loss journey. . after, you will want to tweek it and find what works for you. . .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gotcha. Thanks for replying.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Welcome QWL is definitely the way to go for as long as you can stand it. As time goes by you may need to change it a bit and do what works for you. I don't touch cottage cheese. and I am not thrilled with eggs but I have sucked that one up. There are a lot of things you can eat. Just remember no carbs and keep it as lean and clean as you can stand.

Join us in the April thread. That is where all of us hang out and support each other. It is a great group of people.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slatman
Stats: High 248 / Current 218/ Perfect 185
WOE: Carb Cycling -- Stillmans M-F
Start Date: November 2, 2009
Initially most can go 30 days.. after that 10 on 2 off (add veggies etc.)
The water is mandatory.. skip it and you will stall
The cheese as others have mentioned can stall you
ANY modifications can stall you
One cheat and you start over
Exercise helps in all kinds of ways
slatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Abby
Stats: 5'7";197_'09;167/139/132_'12
WOE: LC/VLC
Hi Lavender:

I'm a great fan of Stillman and have found that I've done best when sticking with the QWL until I've reached goal. There's no question that Stillman is pretty narrow and rigid, but it CERTAINLY works. I've found that avoiding the skim-milk cheeses has allowed me to more consistently lose. My only setbacks have been 2 hr binges during which I shot myself in the foot.

Best of Luck
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the advice, guys! After being on Stillmans for a couple weeks now, I've found it's actually not all that hard to stick to once you get in the swing of things. However I feel like I'm kind of at a stall right now (I have bounced between 158 - 162 for the past 3 or 4 days even though I've been sticking to it pretty strictly) so I'm just gonna see how the Inches Off diet goes since I haven't seen too much loss in terms of inches. If it doesn't work out for me, then I'll stick back with the QWL for the next couple months, or maybe just do the 10 day Stillmans/2 days fruits & veggies for a bit. Ahh just the uncertainty about what's going to help or hurt is kinda frustrating! Haha but I'm sure it takes time. Anyway, again, thanks for your comments.

Last edited by littlelavender; 05-12-2012 at 11:39 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
However I feel like I'm kind of at a stall right now (I have bounced between 158 - 162 for the past 3 or 4 days even though I've been sticking to it pretty strictly)
That's pretty par for the course. I've experienced the same stalls both times that I was on Stillman's. When I simply continued to work the QWL program, I'd break free continually with an overnight woosh. Stick with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Ahhh I know, I keep changing my mind about what I want to do, if I want to stick with it or try to change things up a little bit. Everyone that has given me advice says stick with it but I'm kinda missing some fruits and veggies. >.<
Old 05-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Ahhh I know, I keep changing my mind about what I want to do, if I want to stick with it or try to change things up a little bit. Everyone that has given me advice says stick with it but I'm kinda missing some fruits and veggies. >.<
I hear you. If you have to have fruit/vegs, then transition to ATKINS. You'll still lose but at a slower pace. As I see Stillman's, it's only a TEMPORARY WOE until you reach your goal; when you're there, you can have a potpurri of vegs and a fair amount of fruit. It simply depends upon how rapidly you want to get to goal.

Good Luck,
Old 05-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Hm I never really looked too much into Atkins but I want to get around my goal by a certain time so I think I'll just continue with Stillmans for now. I think I decided I'm gonna stick with it for another 2 weeks and then maybe start doing the 10 day/2 day rotation kinda thing. Thank you for your input!