Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Here's to Looking Awesome in April *Stillman's Thread*

Here's to all that are going to rock Stillman's this April for some Awesome results! Here's to a great start of the week

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I went to a movie and then out to dinner with a group of women. They were deciding where to eat and decided on Chinese before they picked me up. When they asked me, I said I could do most anything except Chinese! So we went to a sports bar and I had a chef salad! I'm looking forward to my evening ff Greek yogurt!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Yam! Congratulations! You are such an inspiration!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:22 AM   #4
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

My weight loss is so slow. Tomorrow is weigh in - I've been strict Stills except for the salad last night. I'm losing inches and feeling positive. Warm weather will be here soon and that will be even more motivation!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I went to a movie and then out to dinner with a group of women. They were deciding where to eat and decided on Chinese before they picked me up. When they asked me, I said I could do most anything except Chinese! So we went to a sports bar and I had a chef salad! I'm looking forward to my evening ff Greek yogurt!
Ive been wondering if the chinese buffet & hibachis have any plain meat. I could do some serious damage at a meat buffet.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
My weight loss is so slow. Tomorrow is weigh in - I've been strict Stills except for the salad last night. I'm losing inches and feeling positive. Warm weather will be here soon and that will be even more motivation!
how could you say that! you just lost 9 pounds!! you are doing awesome MIM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

So yesterdays menu was a grilled chicken breast and another steak. coffee, lots of water and a diet coke.

Im down another 2 to 135.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

hey runnah- stay away from those bunless burgers. we made a deal to drop these pounds this month!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Hey Mim. . and my long lost buddy, Al!! I just thought I'd check in and see who's still hanging out. . I am eating plain ole dry tuna for a snack today and it made me smile and think of you guys! Can't say I've had much success doing anything lately but I still keep plugging away.. Sure wish I could get some hard core Stillman's days under my belt, but I just can't seem to wrap my mind around it. However, I will say I am sick of sugar and I am sick of evil carbs and they way they make me feel. . .such a roller coaster. . I am planning to plan again. . (evil laugh).. and have decided on my veggies and meat until I can get it under control..I am "subscribed" to my monthly WW Etools but am sneaking in my low carb/no carb way of eating. .

Down 6. . .many, many more to go. . I'll just keep plugging a-weigh. . Hugs to everyone! You guys are such inspiration. . .
Old 04-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another thing reminded me of you guys, too. . I think it was Good Morning America had a segment on sugar and the evils it is doing to our kids and our health. They were not speaking in terms of the natural sugars (like from fruits and veggies). . but of the processed crap that it in just about everything!! If I can find the link, I'll add it. It was quite interesting and very informative. . Made me rethink some of my Easter Habits!!! Dang.. what is easter without those wonderful. . OOO. . I won't say it. .Shame on me!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
OMG

{{{{{{{{{{AAAAAAAAAAAL}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{IM2}}}}}}}}}}}

wooohooo, look who has emerged from hibernation!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sigh...........I have a montser tray of chik thighs, anyone ever do a chicken fingers type thing with them?

I know it seems like a lot of work, removing the skin and all but I'm the demented gourmet so it's no big deal...........
Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CC!!! I missed you too!!! I just don't know how you do it. . but you ROCK!!! Gals. . take it from the die hard. . she really knows how to live!! Such dedication. .I'm too wishy washy. . I get inspired and then it goes south in no time flat!! Cooking up a big ole' turkey breast in the slow cooker tonight (with onion soup and other wonderful seasonings!) and it's driving me crazy!! I will probably wake up and want to eat the entire thing. . NO Can do. I have 5 other hungry (male) mouths to feed so best to put on my dainty shoes and tread slowly!! Ahh. .sometimes being the only girl in the house has it's disadvantages! !! Can't out-eat my 6.4 16 year old. . but secretly, we all know I could!!! Wahhhhhhhhhh

Anyway, C's. . go for it. . chicken fingers sound Gggrrreaatttttttttt!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: runnah262
Most def will stay away!

Is I a crime to squeeze some lettuce in? The bathroom is killing me!

Chicken.... Love chicken breast!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:09 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I had an epiphany at lunch yesterday while i choked down my dry steamed chicken for lunch and I realized it's just food and when you're hungry you'll eat anything-real hunger is the only thing that gets me to eat tuna from the can lol too afraid to add farmers or cottage cheese. I feel like planning is so important on this plan bc if u don't have safe food available you may slip up and that's exactly what happened to me last night. I had fish in the fridge the I could taste on my way home I get in the house and my mom had fried it! I was so upset and it was late and I just ate it followed by some other Atkins style food. Not my finest moment but none of it was satisfying and it's a learning experience at this time. Still proud I stuck with it for a week and I'm ready to get back to strict. I'm ready to kick the diet sodas to the curb as well as crystal light. Part of me wants to know if I should get rid of coffee since black would be hard w out one splenda.

Here's to another great day!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:00 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: runnah262
I'm
Queen of messing up binging so don't feel bad at all.

Honestly I was goin give up coffee but decided not to I'm done taking on diets and failing every 3 days so I've decided hey what the hell if I want coffee I'm having it and adding 1 tsp of skim milk if it means I lose 1/2 pound less that week so be it .
I was so stuck on losing like 30 pounds before my friend wedding well it's not happening and that's ok bc my life isn't going to end I'm still going tk be drinking coffee and I'll still lose 30 pounds yeah it might take am extra 3 weeks but truth is I'm never living without coffee this diet is awesome I'm so stuffed and can barely eat 1000 calories but I tend to binge well no more nobody NEEDS sugar I dont NEED reeses candies I don't need ice cream or any of that junk. I've decided fit toned body is what I want and honestly I really think sticking to stillmans and having my daily cup of coffee will get me there and ya I'm goin add some lettuce bc this fiber thing ugh!

I don't want to be an unhappy 25 year old any longer I want to be a stillmans success and make this a life changing diet not a die tot go on for 30 days lose a bunch of weight and return to eating like junk

Sloe and steady wins the reach and this diet is anything but slow keeping up motivation to stay in track and reach goals

Now If I wanna binge I "binge" on boarshead delimeats like lean ham trust me 1/2 pound is like 200 cals for starters u will be so stuffed after u won't want chocolate and if u think 200 cals is alot think again one typical candy bar is like 220 calories 23 grams of sugar u get to eat fAr less u still feel hungry so u gobble down 6 more

Those days are over for me, now let's do this for LIFE
Old 04-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #17
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnah262 View Post
Most def will stay away!

Go

Go to the store and buy magnesium. It is in the vitamin section - I know wal-mart has them, drug stores carry them. They are not hard to find. Take two tonight and two every night until things are "routine". Then continue taking them every night - one or two - depending on what your body needs.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #18
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm
Queen of messing up binging so don't feel bad at all.

Honestly I was goin give up coffee but decided not to I'm done taking on diets and failing every 3 days so I've decided hey what the hell if I want coffee I'm having it and adding 1 tsp of skim milk if it means I lose 1/2 pound less that week so be it .
I was so stuck on losing like 30 pounds before my friend wedding well it's not happening and that's ok bc my life isn't going to end I'm still going tk be drinking coffee and I'll still lose 30 pounds yeah it might take am extra 3 weeks but truth is I'm never living without coffee this diet is awesome I'm so stuffed and can barely eat 1000 calories but I tend to binge well no more nobody NEEDS sugar I dont NEED reeses candies I don't need ice cream or any of that junk. I've decided fit toned body is what I want and honestly I really think sticking to stillmans and having my daily cup of coffee will get me there and ya I'm goin add some lettuce bc this fiber thing ugh!

I don't want to be an unhappy 25 year old any longer I want to be a stillmans success and make this a life changing diet not a die tot go on for 30 days lose a bunch of weight and return to eating like junk

Sloe and steady wins the reach and this diet is anything but slow keeping up motivation to stay in track and reach goals

Now If I wanna binge I "binge" on boarshead delimeats like lean ham trust me 1/2 pound is like 200 cals for starters u will be so stuffed after u won't want chocolate and if u think 200 cals is alot think again one typical candy bar is like 220 calories 23 grams of sugar u get to eat fAr less u still feel hungry so u gobble down 6 more

Those days are over for me, now let's do this for LIFE
I will give up anything - except my coffee! It is a sacred drink!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #19
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Well, toady is my weekly weigh-in. I'm down another 2 pounds! Slow, I know but still I've lost 11 in 3 weeks and had a couple of off plan days in week 2. I know I'm losing inches too and I feel so much better than I did 3 weeks ago - so I'll just keep plodding along. I went shopping yesterday - bought a skirt at Lane Bryant. I was appalled and sad at my size and by how I look. I don't have a full length mirror and I have been squeezing into my clothes. This time last summer I was 2 or 3 sizes smaller. Sigh. But I'm losing weight now and plan on continuing losing weight until I'm at goal.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:00 AM   #20
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

GT - Any word on the blood tests results? I hope you are feeling better!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:03 AM   #21
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC - how did the chicken cook-a-thon go?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:19 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

woohoo MIM, slow and steady wins the race!!!!!!!!!!

as far as 'messing up' goes, there will always be things that sideline us, but to stay on the path is key. Pick yourself up, dust off and git back on the horse!!!!!!!!

IM, I just don't want to eat any other way. It's lifestyle now. I was at my BFF's daughter's birthday Sunday surrounded by chips, Doritos, cheese dip. sicilian pizza and wings. I brought a huge veggie dip platter with LC ranch dip (homemade) so I was prepared. I ate the pizza toppings, had two tiny chips, three Doritos and plenty of wings and veggie dip. And at the end of the day? I was the skinniest one in the room and no self loathing.

mmmmmmmmmm Kissa fried fish, catfish especially mmmmmmm.........scenes from the movie Soul Food come to mind love that flick!

haven't taken a crack at the chik yet........searching for recipes........
Old 04-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hey Mim. . and my long lost buddy, Al!! I just thought I'd check in and see who's still hanging out. . I am eating plain ole dry tuna for a snack today and it made me smile and think of you guys! Can't say I've had much success doing anything lately but I still keep plugging away.. Sure wish I could get some hard core Stillman's days under my belt, but I just can't seem to wrap my mind around it. However, I will say I am sick of sugar and I am sick of evil carbs and they way they make me feel. . .such a roller coaster. . I am planning to plan again. . (evil laugh).. and have decided on my veggies and meat until I can get it under control..I am "subscribed" to my monthly WW Etools but am sneaking in my low carb/no carb way of eating. .

Down 6. . .many, many more to go. . I'll just keep plugging a-weigh. . Hugs to everyone! You guys are such inspiration. . .
hey there IM2!!!!! perfect timing to check in!!! its funny you mention tuna because I went food shopping this morning and Bumble Bee albacore was on sale 10 for $10. It was a sign from the weight loss gods, I tell you. So I picked up my cans(like I was shopping for a pet cat) and went on my merry way. So good for you to have dropped 6 lbs, and kicked the sugar to the curb. Lets keep it going, like we've done before, and get these pounds off for summer! good to "see" you my friend!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:24 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
sigh...........I have a montser tray of chik thighs, anyone ever do a chicken fingers type thing with them?

I know it seems like a lot of work, removing the skin and all but I'm the demented gourmet so it's no big deal...........
MY MOUTH IS WATERING AT THE THOUGHT OF GRILLED CRISPY CHICKEN THIGHS.. YOU ARE SOOO EVIL.. ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU WOULD REMOVE THE SKIN!!

MISSED YA CC!!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Most def will stay away!

When you guys mention bathroom issues, is it that youre scared that youre not going or because you are in pain, or feel stuffed or uncomfortable?

I ask because I an very lucky to not experience anything negative, (unless I eat eggs). I just "dont go" for a few days. My tummy always feels flat and empty, on meat, and when I do "go", its hardly much to talk about. Sorry for tmi, but if anyone is having cramps or discomfort, try getting rid of the eggs or cheese. Its not a crime to squueze in lettuce, but then it wouldnt be Stillmans QWL. There is major sacrifice here to follow it, dont prolong the torture.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I had an epiphany at lunch yesterday while i choked down my dry steamed chicken for lunch and I realized it's just food and when you're hungry you'll eat anything-real hunger is the only thing that gets me to eat tuna from the can lol too afraid to add farmers or cottage cheese. I feel like planning is so important on this plan bc if u don't have safe food available you may slip up and that's exactly what happened to me last night.
Im sorry you slipped! You made such a good point. when you are hungry you will eat anything- a can of tuna- yup!! Preparation is key, especially the first 2 weeks. For me right now, Im just about to cross over to the "knowing when Im hungry". When carbs are involved, I just 'want' to eat. I dont 'need' to eat.

If plain chicken breast sounds good to me right now, I know its hunger, if its the worst thought in the world, then I know Im NOT hungry. Stillmans showed me this for the first time in my life. It gave me the control over the food, and not the food controlling me. Sorry to ramble.. I have to keep reminding myself cause I want this soooo bad.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Well, toady is my weekly weigh-in. I'm down another 2 pounds!
Woohoo!!! another 2!!!! You rock!!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
GT - Any word on the blood tests results? I hope you are feeling better!
whats wrong with GT?!?!?!

GT-Oh my...I hope youre ok..
Old 04-03-2012, 06:55 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Yesterdays menu: 3 chicken breasts, coffee, water, and diet coke.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

BTW... Im not sure if her profile is public or not, but one of our old friends took pics of the Stillmans cookbook and posted them on her page. Search AKAGAL20, and hopefully you can get some new recipe ideas. I havent tried any of them, but she had amazing results!!

BBL
Closed Thread