Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
Hi IM2fat and all the April Stilly ladies,
You guys look like your doing great!

Have a great Tuesday

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hi everyone! I'm doing good... still have not weighed myself but I know I am down. I'm in a pair of skinny jeans that I could barely get on and now there is a little room. funny thing is I used to weigh every day...since not weighing every day, I seem to be doing sooo much better. Maybe its just because if I saw a little gain (lets be honest we all fluctuate a little, TOM etc) I would get down about it and use it as an excuse to go off plan. Anyway, hope everyone is doing good and keeping it Stills friendly. I've been thinking of up loading some body shots as an inspiration to get to goal... I need to be at goal by May 22nd. I can, I can, I can!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
drive by...........happy for all the losses! Yay MMS on the skinny jeans! GT I will look for the Batchelors but I doubt they will be found. Go MIM! and IM! and everyone!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post

Have a great Tuesday
Hi Itstime. . !! How great to hear from you - I was reading some other posts and wondered how you were doing. . Glad you checked in and look forward to hearing from you again!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
drive by...........happy for all the losses! Yay MMS on the skinny jeans! GT I will look for the Batchelors but I doubt they will be found. Go MIM! and IM! and everyone!
Thanks for dropping in CC! Have a great night. . and I want you to know that I AM WOMAN!! My hubby tried to trick me into buying birthday cake icecream. .my favorite!!!! I politely declined and eased my way over to the 40% off meat case and grabbed me some pork ! Heheheh. .

I'm getting the meat fever!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=makemeslim;15587834]Hi everyone! I'm doing good... still have not weighed myself but I know I am down. I'm in a pair of skinny jeans that I could barely get on and now there is a little room. f

Go, Slim. . go!! I'm seriously jealous but in a good "weigh". . you keep on smiling and I'll keep on being jealous!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Al. . I refuse to eat anything until you sign in. . . you are going to force me into anorexia and then I'll be skinnier than you!! Save yourself and me. . .check in. .
Old 04-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT, Angel, Kris. . . How was your Tuesday? Mine was a bit better than my Monday which means our Wednesday will rock!

Let's do something like 10 extra wall push-ups just to make Al Jealous!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. . I'll quit with all the hijacking and go ready my feed bag for tomorrow. . O. guys. . get this . .I made a wonderful slow cooker chicken today. . I think it's pretty low carb and I know it was tasty. .

Here's the recipe:

Boneless skinless breasts
1 onion cut into rings ( I used some I had in the freezer and I did not eat them)
3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
2 bay leaves
5 cloves garlic smashed
1-2 tablespoons peppercorn (or 1/2 teaspoon ground - which is what I used)
1/3 Cup chicken broth (I used bouillon cube)

Cook on low for 5 - 6 hours MMm

You can break and shred chicken and serve over something else for those skinnies in your family. . I, on the other hand, enjoyed mine over salad sprayed with more vinegar. . Twas wonderful. .

Try it!! quick easy and quite tasty. . .I put it on at noon and it was ready when we ate at 6:00 . .
Old 04-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Skinny Jeans rock em girl !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi everyone! I'm doing good... still have not weighed myself but I know I am down. I'm in a pair of skinny jeans that I could barely get on and now there is a little room. funny thing is I used to weigh every day...since not weighing every day, I seem to be doing sooo much better. Maybe its just because if I saw a little gain (lets be honest we all fluctuate a little, TOM etc) I would get down about it and use it as an excuse to go off plan. Anyway, hope everyone is doing good and keeping it Stills friendly. I've been thinking of up loading some body shots as an inspiration to get to goal... I need to be at goal by May 22nd. I can, I can, I can!
congratulations !!!! I wish I could hold out weighing myself daily, but with me its not weighing myself every day that is what got me in trouble ....
Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. . so while I was packing up my lunch, I decided to dust off the Foreman grill..and cook up those lean chops I picked up tonight (at 1.39 pound, I might add. . I'm all about saving a buck or two. .). . anyway. . does anyone have a trick for this silly grill? Everytime I cook on it, my meat tends to dry out and it kinda/sorta sticks which makes cleanup not much fun!! I even sprayed the grill pads. . (and my grill is new. . maybe used once or twice - I chucked my other one because I thought it was too worn as everything stuck!) . Anyway, can anyone give me any insight as to what I'm doing wrong or does yours do the same thing? Burger is the only thing that doesn't seem to stick but it sure does make a mess. . (understandably. . grease, baby!!)
Old 04-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
congratulations !!!! I wish I could hold out weighing myself daily, but with me its not weighing myself every day that is what got me in trouble ....
Angel: I'm the exact same "weigh".. I have to weigh myself every morning to hold myself accountable otherwise I let it get too far out of control. I just have to remember that weight does fluncutate. . (I can weigh 5 pounds more at night!! ) . .

The first thing I do every single morning, after visiting my powder room. is slink out into the kitchen, put the coffee on and then go back, strip down and weigh myself .. au natural . .and wait for those digits to appear. . Lately, I've been in a much better mood, even before my coffee!! LOL.

I hope I pass the test tomorrow morning. . I've been good so I think I deserve a pound or two. .dont' you?? Heck. I think we all do. . We Rock. just logging in gives us a leg up. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-17-2012 at 08:44 PM..
Old 04-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Mim. I see your light on! My bed is calling me so I have to say goodnight. .

I bet you are all saying. . Thank goodness! I've been quite talkative lately. . .I suppose, if truth be told, it keeps me from shoving food into my mouth! Every little bit helps. .

Hugs to everyone.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Awwww you Ladies are awesome !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post

Have a great Tuesday
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
GT, Angel, Kris. . . How was your Tuesday? Mine was a bit better than my Monday which means our Wednesday will rock!

Let's do something like 10 extra wall push-ups just to make Al Jealous!
Quote:
OK. . I'll quit with all the hijacking and go ready my feed bag for tomorrow. . O. guys. . get this . .I made a wonderful slow cooker chicken today. . I think it's pretty low carb and I know it was tasty. .

Here's the recipe:

1 onion cut into rings ( I used some I had in the freezer and I did not eat them)
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 bay leaves
5 cloves garlic smashed

You can break and shred chicken and serve over something else for those skinnies in your family. . I, on the other hand, enjoyed mine over salad sprayed with more vinegar. . Twas wonderful. .

Try it!! quick easy and quite tasty. . .I put it on at noon and it was ready when we ate at 6:00 . .
Here I am having a bad day and I come online here and I feel so much better .... Well, the scale did not move either way up or down and grrrr (TOM) is on its way and I am a hormonal rollercoaster I cry, I yell .... and most of all I seriously cannot stand myself for it ! but, I am not giving up .... I did loads of gardening today kept myself busy making the front and backyard decent .... I love roses they remind me of my mom, so I planted some Although, very cranky all morning and afternoon my boyfriend helped a great deal with the digging .... I owe him a nice baked ziti that I will not touch instead I will try that yummy chicken recipe( and not eat the onions either) use my crockpot and give my grill the night off .... Although, tonight we did grill my boyfriend had those low sodium hot dogs that I did not touch Kris I blame those dogs for the no budge in the scale a possible (TOM) perhaps.... I guess I was doing so well till I craved those Tonight I had a steak my good ol' rib eye and shrimps .... I will let you all know by tomorrow if indeed it was the two dogs .... I did my walk , usual breakfast egg crepe , espresso and vitamins, worked through lunch (gardening) but had a coffee break late afternoon an espresso mmmmm I need to drink more water, two more glasses before bed .... Thank you so much for the pick me up I neeeeeeeeded this I was going to go cry in the shower before bed but now I will do those wall - push ups and drink more water goodnite my lowcarb friends zzzz you all are way weigh sweet ....
Old 04-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Saw this before I logged off ....

Quote:
OK. . so while I was packing up my lunch, I decided to dust off the Foreman grill..and cook up those lean chops I picked up tonight (at 1.39 pound, I might add. . I'm all about saving a buck or two. .). . anyway. . does anyone have a trick for this silly grill? Everytime I cook on it, my meat tends to dry out and it kinda/sorta sticks which makes cleanup not much fun!! I even sprayed the grill pads. . (and my grill is new. . maybe used once or twice - I chucked my other one because I thought it was too worn as everything stuck!) . Anyway, can anyone give me any insight as to what I'm doing wrong or does yours do the same thing? Burger is the only thing that doesn't seem to stick but it sure does make a mess. . (understandably. . grease, baby!!)
Quote:
Angel: I'm the exact same "weigh".. I have to weigh myself every morning to hold myself accountable otherwise I let it get too far out of control. I just have to remember that weight does fluncutate. . (I can weigh 5 pounds more at night!! ) . .

The first thing I do every single morning, after visiting my powder room. is slink out into the kitchen, put the coffee on and then go back, strip down and weigh myself .. au natural . .and wait for those digits to appear. . Lately, I've been in a much better mood, even before my coffee!! LOL.

I hope I pass the test tomorrow morning. . I've been good so I think I deserve a pound or two. .dont' you?? Heck. I think we all do. . We Rock. just logging in gives us a leg up. .
I am glad I caught this .... Ok let the grill get super hot before you add the meat I hope this idea helps .... and second we share a brain I do the same thing in the a.m .... And most importantly I hope your wish is granted by the scale in the a.m however, whatever the outcome .... We all are here to help you to pass and you will
Old 04-18-2012, 04:16 AM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning angel! I hope you are feeling better this morning. Just ride that hormonal train and remember it too shall pass ! I was having a heck of a time with mine and doc told me to keep up with midol expecially the day before and it will help. I always waited but the trick is to catch the symptoms before they set in. If all else fails, have a hood cry- sometimes that's what your body needs! Don't worry if the scale doesn't budge too much today just stick with it! I always gain so I was thrilled with only two pounds and they came back off quickly! You can do it!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:17 AM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My daily weigh in report; Down .9. Not great but in the right direction so I will take it and smile knowing I can do better !

Time to do some serious fat kicking. This is when it counts week 2.2. And here I go

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-18-2012 at 04:19 AM..
Old 04-18-2012, 04:25 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One correction to the above recipe. I substituted the balsic vinegar with regular white vinegar with no problem and no carbs
Old 04-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #259
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! Well, my scale stayed the same this morning. It will move, of that I have no doubt, but I always like seeing a loss on the first day of my weigh week. It kinda sets the tone! Anyway, I'm feeling good and enjoying being on plan and melting inches off my bod, so life is good!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #260
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

IM - I sometimes check the board from my phone at night but posting from it is too hard. So, yes, I was on, but I couldn't come out and play!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #261
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Angelstill - don't you just love being a woman! I hope the hormones behave for you today! Hang in there!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
IM - I sometimes check the board from my phone at night but posting from it is too hard. So, yes, I was on, but I couldn't come out and play!
Me too. .which is why I told Angel to have a hood-cry!! LOL
Old 04-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning! Well, my scale stayed the same this morning. It will move, of that I have no doubt, but I always like seeing a loss on the first day of my weigh week. It kinda sets the tone! Anyway, I'm feeling good and enjoying being on plan and melting inches off my bod, so life is good!
Yes. . we are doing great!! Be-YOU-tiful today!!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #264
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicMan
Stats: 328/271/200
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Oct. 2010
Reading the monthly Stillman's logs are what made me join here. You guys seem amazing at supporting eachother and keeping everyone motivated to keep going forward.

I've just recently started back on Stillmans, I've lost quite a bit already, but still have a long way to go.

I have the bad habit of checking my weight daily too, so I'm going to try MakeMeSlim's recommendation of weighing in once a week.

Other than that just gotta keep active and keep eating meat!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
Reading the monthly Stillman's logs are what made me join here. You guys seem amazing at supporting eachother and keeping everyone motivated to keep going forward.

I've just recently started back on Stillmans, I've lost quite a bit already, but still have a long way to go.

I have the bad habit of checking my weight daily too, so I'm going to try MakeMeSlim's recommendation of weighing in once a week.

Magic! Great to have you. .the more the Merrier. . Plus . .more peeps = more ideas and better losses!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-18-2012 at 02:58 PM..
Old 04-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O My goodness!! What am I going to do. . My Iphone just completely died this afternoon. I have no idea why but I'm soooo lost without it. I can't listen to Pandora at work. . My calendar is gone. . I won't know where to go or what to do. . and get this: The very worst part: I can't check into LCF whenever I want tooo. . .Wahhhh

Plus, I have to sit through a 3 hour awards thingy (NHS) for my kid tonight. . 3 hours!! Speeches, , candle lighting, darkness and no Iphone!! I'm addicted, I'll admit it. . It is almost as bad as my food, Hello Kitty, Clothes and food (that deserves double recognition!!). . . obsession!!!

OK. .I'll calm down and start counting down the hours . . only 16 hours to go. . .
Old 04-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

15 hours and counting. . Settled on scrambled egg / egg whites and turkey sausage for dinner (and hotsauce!!). . hopefully the sodium in the sausage won't send the scale moving upwards. . I'm gonna drink more water just in case. . I'm happy to report I skipped the crescent rolls :-)

I'm gonna go log my WW points and see if I'm still within my "budget". . just trying to keep my up with my portion control so when I start adding "healthy" non processed carbs back . I keep within my limits. .
Old 04-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks for dropping in CC! Have a great night. . and I want you to know that I AM WOMAN!! My hubby tried to trick me into buying birthday cake icecream. .my favorite!!!! I politely declined and eased my way over to the 40% off meat case and grabbed me some pork ! Heheheh. .

I'm getting the meat fever!!!
go you!!!!!!!! Bad DH!
Quote:

Here's the recipe:

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 bay leaves
5 cloves garlic smashed

yum..........I have also rediscovered balsamic..........mmmmmmmmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
whatever works for you girl!
Quote:
yay Mim, I know good days are few for you with health issues.......
Quote:

Jerseylicious!
Quote:
15 hours and counting. . Settled on scrambled egg / egg whites and turkey sausage for dinner (and hotsauce!!). . hopefully the sodium in the sausage won't send the scale moving upwards. . I'm gonna drink more water just in case. . I'm happy to report I skipped the crescent rolls :-)

I'm gonna go log my WW points and see if I'm still within my "budget". . just trying to keep my up with my portion control so when I start adding "healthy" non processed carbs back . I keep within my limits. .
LOL had that for brekkie!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

drinking ginger ale (diet) ........trying to behave
Old 04-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #270
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LCNightOwl
Quote:
Me too! I've been reading through your monthly threads and since I've just switched from Protein Power type LC to Stillman's, I thought I'd join in.

I'm two days in, and so far 4 lbs down (mostly water, I assume). I'm actually shocked that I'm having no cravings and virtually no hunger.
Closed Thread