Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
nude was hot last spring............
After reading this again. Nude kinda scares me!! I usually disrobe in the dark. .

I know. . I know. . I crack myself up. . .

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
After reading this again. Nude kinda scares me!! I usually disrobe in the dark. .

Agreed ! I do the same .... I have not wore shorts in so long I cannot remember....even longer for a bathing suit ....
Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
LOL another water impaired Stilly girl!!!!!!!! Your meat loaf sounds divine!!!!!!!!!
Thank you ! it is a modified version of my Italian mama's recipe sans the yummy sauce and cheese and of corse bread crumbs .... she is looking down from heaven saying " I knew you could make this work "
Old 04-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
stick to it. . .it sound like you are doing great so far. . And yes. . the meatloaf sounds great. . what a way to compromise! I made meatloaf for the fam the other day but didn't dare touch it. . not really meat any longer, the way I make it!!
Wow ! it kinda sounds like my mamas' recipe which was loaded with sauce , cheese, breadcrumbs and hardboiled eggs after she was done there was no meat in meatloaf hehehe
Old 04-14-2012, 04:33 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
CC! I'm not much of a change out gal. . I've been using my Miche (the largest they make!). .all season. .somehow. . black keeps getting back on it. . and then I notice, almost my entire wardrobe is black!!! Once I drop 20. .I'm going to have to do something about that. .

Although I was always a leather and lace kinda gal. . MMm. wonder if I'm still too old for that? We shall see. . when I"m smoking hot and rocking my chicken legs!!
O, I remember my goth era............and wanting to hide due to size. We'll get ya outta there soon!
Quote:
Sofar today:

My lettuce meat concoction
2 boiled egg
1 chicken breast
1 very small pork sausage (my kids went out for dinner and ordered the big breakfast and brought me home American Fries and one sausage. . I was good. only ate the sausage and tucked the rest away in the back of the refrigerator. !). . Bless his heart. . He was worried I would be hungry! Ha.. Little does he know, I have that all figured out. . .
yay on no fries!
Quote:

LOL, I meant the color for bags and shoes......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Thank you ! it is a modified version of my Italian mama's recipe sans the yummy sauce and cheese and of corse bread crumbs .... she is looking down from heaven saying " I knew you could make this work "
O to be without a mum, so sad......
Old 04-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

LOL, I meant the color for bags and shoes......

I know. . but I thought it was funny, anyway. . .
Old 04-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK.. gotta hit the ballpark in a few. . . scale was the same this morning. . but that's OK. there's always tomorrow. .

I grilled chicken and am going to stick it in my purse. . I ate some ground beef wrap lettuce rolls for breakfast this morning. .I'm gonna need my energy as I'll probably be on my feet for 7 to 8 hours today slinging flood. . hopefully the grease smell will make me sick. . french fries, popcorn, peanuts. . hotdogs . Ahhhh. . little do those people know. It will make 'em all fat, fat, fat!!

Toodles. .have a great day and stay focused. I intend to!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #188
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Howdy friends! I was able to start back on plan today. It was frustrating as I had planned on coming home and having some me time and a quiet on plan breakfast. Alas, I had to bring the 4 and 3 year olds with me. So my breakfast was much delayed because they had their Saturday special pancakes and I had to wait until they were finished before I could come home. But I made it and now I'm grouchy but at least I'm on plan and can stay that way! I'm not sure where I'm spending the night - hopefully here but I'm determined to stay on plan. I was doing so well and felt so great - I'm not going to let anything stop me!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill

oh, yes it is very sad with out my mother's presence here in person.... however; I know she would be proud of me taking control of my life and not hurting my body and mind in over eating and veggie out on tv/comp. .... small steps reap grand rewards
Old 04-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Yayyyy !!!! I got off my lazy bum and walked for 45 minutes after dinner .... I am a pancake addict so I make egg crepes and sprinkle stevia and pretend it is a pancake ha ha ! some espresso for a.m energy .... lunch however was disgusting I tried tuna straight up ewwww chunk white I felt like I was sharing a meal with one of my kitty's so I guzzled down loads of water .... next time I will make some homemade sashimi and dip it in low sodium soy sauce found out wasabi has carbs not much though .... I had a few slices of low sodium turkey breast cold cuts to get rid of the tuna taste.... I sure enjoyed dinner a chicken breast half , six jumbo shrimps and a rib eye steak .... with a recipe I found here from lowcarb friends with a stevia I added to the soysauce for an asian inspired feast .... I will stay away from the cottage cheese tonight .... I drank all the water and peeeeeeeeeeed so much I felt like Niagra falls just not as lovely .... If that was (tmi) I do apologize .... I will treat myself to a diet soda and off to bed .... Thank you for all of your support and I look forward to do the same .... That was yesterday 4/13/12 This morning 4/14/12 a grand total of 4lbs gone ! I will do my best today .... I thank all of you who welcomed me and who responded . I look forward to reading all the posts and threads today I noticed many have lost so much congratulations ! your success helps me stay focused and I noticed the slips as well and that just reminds me that we are all human and mistakes happen .... no - no to negative thoughts .... I will try to remember that today since I can be a very negative human being .....
Old 04-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OK what color bag is everyone carrying? Need to change out the grey and white........
I sport a bohemian casual look for the summer long skirts ect.... and a bag of that same style made of fabric in an array of colours .... however .... I like RED lately for bags and shoes .... I think red shoes go well with jeans and a jean jacket or jean blazer for spring .... and works great for evening .... mostly everything I own is black and when it is laundry day there really is no sorting needed .... but I need to change that
Old 04-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OK.. gotta hit the ballpark in a few. . . scale was the same this morning. . but that's OK. there's always tomorrow. .

I grilled chicken and am going to stick it in my purse. . I ate some ground beef wrap lettuce rolls for breakfast this morning. .I'm gonna need my energy as I'll probably be on my feet for 7 to 8 hours today slinging flood. . hopefully the grease smell will make me sick. . french fries, popcorn, peanuts. . hotdogs . Ahhhh. . little do those people know. It will make 'em all fat, fat, fat!!

Toodles. .have a great day and stay focused. I intend to!
gr8 plan, you go girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Howdy friends! I was able to start back on plan today. It was frustrating as I had planned on coming home and having some me time and a quiet on plan breakfast. Alas, I had to bring the 4 and 3 year olds with me. So my breakfast was much delayed because they had their Saturday special pancakes and I had to wait until they were finished before I could come home. But I made it and now I'm grouchy but at least I'm on plan and can stay that way! I'm not sure where I'm spending the night - hopefully here but I'm determined to stay on plan. I was doing so well and felt so great - I'm not going to let anything stop me!
Awwwwww Mim..............I hope things are leveling out for you, I know it's been a rollercoaster lately......
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill

oh, yes it is very sad with out my mother's presence here in person.... however; I know she would be proud of me taking control of my life and not hurting my body and mind in over eating and veggie out on tv/comp. .... small steps reap grand rewards
they are always in your hearts, the ones that pass........
Quote:
I sport a bohemian casual look for the summer long skirts ect.... and a bag of that same style made of fabric in an array of colours .... however .... I like RED lately for bags and shoes .... I think red shoes go well with jeans and a jean jacket or jean blazer for spring .... and works great for evening .... mostly everything I own is black and when it is laundry day there really is no sorting needed .... but I need to change that
coooool

I pretty much live in jeans and sweaters ala KMiddy (Kate Middleton) on her casual days...........

so I went with the baby blue for Spring........
not this exact one, same leather and fabric but a shopper shape

Old 04-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quick driveby on my phone which explains my wonderful typing! I survived the. All park. Yay me. Ordered a salad and tossed my chicken and Spritzed with. Vinegar. I'm beat a s have headache. Carb. Withdrawal perhaps
Old 04-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good purse choice cc
Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
gr8 plan, you go girl!

Awwwwww Mim..............I hope things are leveling out for you, I know it's been a rollercoaster lately......

they are always in your hearts, the ones that pass........

coooool

I pretty much live in jeans and sweaters ala KMiddy (Kate Middleton) on her casual days...........

so I went with the baby blue for Spring........
not this exact one, same leather and fabric but a shopper shape

oooo love the bag !
Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

First and fore most let me begin with telling everyone hello and I hope you all are enjoying the weekend ! I donot know about everyone else but Saturdays are catch up on cleaning day for me, so I decided to take down all the cute bunnies from my Easter decorations and pack them away .... Then I needed to clean up my backyard and get it all ready for the May flowers .... I did my 45 minute walk after dinner and I made sure to drink all the water as much as I hate it blah .... Lunch was low sodium cold cuts roast beef and turkey breast rolled up sweet like lil appetizers lol and water .... breakfast my favorite yeah the egg crepe and my kick a$$ espresso .... Dinner was fun this evening modifying my old recipes sans oil and discovering the outdoor grill is my new best friend ! The collection of dried herbs in my kitchen cabinet are playing a big part in making this diet work for me .... Tonights dinner that I enjoyed was a dry rub for jamaican jerk chicken (a half of a chicken breast) .... six jumbo shrimp in a spicy sweet sesame asian sauce a blend that was marinated in a lil low sodium soy sauce and stevia .... and also a caribbean rib eye steak seasoned with a tiny squeeze of lime and in place of pineapple juice a stevia yummy ! Sunday will be the Italian meatloaf with the hard boiled egg in the center that should be a fun dinner ! btw a chilli sauce that I bought has less sugar and sodium than cocktail sauce in a tbspn .... and I discovered hint water and Ayala's herbal water flavours awesome & guilt free and tasty as to drink the required water for this diet plan .... Just a lil research in the supermarket aisles !
Old 04-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Quick driveby on my phone which explains my wonderful typing! I survived the. All park. Yay me. Ordered a salad and tossed my chicken and Spritzed with. Vinegar. I'm beat a s have headache. Carb. Withdrawal perhaps
Awesome idea ! I will definately try this when I have to go to NYC I will Pack up this luch and waters ! I hope you feel better .... I rub a lil essential peppermint oil on my forehead when my head hurts .... not for everyone allergies and/ or scent is too strong .... I also use lavendar oil for headaches before bed zzzz
Old 04-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #198
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Ahhh, I slept in my own bed and woke up and weighed and I'm only 2 pounds heavier than I was when dd hurt her back! That should be gone by my Tuesday weigh in. It would be nice if I can lose at least 2.5 by Tuesday so I can show a bit of loss for the week. But if not, I'm ok with it. I'm very proud of myself for being adaptable and not going crazy. And finally, I'm making the choices that make me feel physically good. I might even have to start exercising!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:12 AM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Morning everyone!!! Welcome Angel! What a way to spice up that meat! You are doing so well. Keep all those ideas coming! I love the hardboiled egg in the meatloaf trick! Thats the way my Dad used to make it when I was a kid!

It is so great to see HK splashed all over these pages! IM2, you are rockin it. I am soooo happy for you!!

Everyone is doing great! Yay Us! Im down 2 to 129. Meals have been chicken, tuna, and filet mignon. I did sneak some wine and CL over the last few days, but it didnt seem to hurt, thank goodness.

Gotta run. Have a great day!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last edited by CCGirl; 04-15-2012 at 07:26 AM..
Old 04-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning, Al. .CC, MIM Angel!

I was a little disappointed this morning. . I was up 2. . then I kinda understood why. . Stupid TOM . . a week early!! I wonder what is up with that? That certainly explains the headache and lack of motivation yesterday. . Well. .I will increase the water, pop some Midol and concentrate on my meat. .

Chicken was on sale yesterday at 1.69 a pound so I bought a ton. Plan to grill some to have on hand in case of emergency. .making another meatloaf for my kids and maybe some meatballs. . I want to make sure I am prepared for the week so there will be no reason to pig out. This is an important time for me to stick with it. If I can make it through this week with only 2.. I'll be happy (I usually gain 5 to 6). . .

Happy Sunday, Gals. . Gonna get myself busy now. . .
Old 04-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for that CC! Morning to you, too. .
Old 04-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm on burger overload today! Wowsers. . Grilled up a bunch and now I'm making the kiddies meatballs out of the rest . I sure hope it doesn't mess with my losses. . It is lean but I'm sure not lean enough to eat 3 meals a day out of. . gotta get back to chicken. . I suppose, though, way much better than some of the other choices I could have made. So. . I guess . .Pat on the back for me!! 2:33 and I'm still in check!!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O . gals. . . don't forget your vitamins! Seriously. it is one of the simple favors you can do for yourself everyday!!! I'm off to pop mine and turn my meatballs. . .LOL
Old 04-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

saw this on the kids menu for the White Eagle pub in Angelsy, who knew?

Back to British Beans on Toast Printable Area

British Beans on Toast
By BBCFan on June 12, 2009

Photo by The_Swedish_Chef
7 Reviews Prep Time: 1 mins Total Time: 3 mins Yield: 2 Toasts About This Recipe
"Great snack to munch on while watching your favorite British programs. Drink with Strongbow cider ;-) Tip: DO NOT USE AMERICAN Pork & Beans, Boston Baked Beans or "Bush's Beans" etc... ONLY Heinz or Batchelor's brand please, otherwise it might be gross. Don't worry; most American grocery stores sell HEINZ and BATCHELOR'S, in the International/European/English/Irish aisle. I've been all over the US and found them in Safeway, Kroger, Stop & Shop, etc. I've never not been able to find one of those two brands in the USA."
Ingredients
2 slices bread ( white is traditional, but I use low-carb rye) 1 (220 g) cans of heinz baked beans in tomato sauce ( both products come in a blue can, DO NOT USE AMERICAN Pork & Beans or "Bush's Beans" etc. ONLY Heinz) Worcestershire sauce Directions
Toast bread.
In a saucepan, heat up the beans.
Spoon onto toast and top with Worcestershire sauce. (You could use Parmesan cheese too).
ENJOY!
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)

Servings Per Recipe: 1

Amount Per Serving % Daily ValueCalories 169.9 Calories from Fat 16 79% Amount Per Serving % Daily ValueTotal Fat 1.8g 2% Saturated Fat 0.4g 2% Cholesterol 7.7mg 2% Sugars 7.3 g Sodium 651.0mg 27% Total Carbohydrate 33.2g 11% Dietary Fiber 5.0g 20% Sugars 7.3 g 29% Protein 7.5g 15%
Page 2 of 2British Beans on Toast (cont.)
© 2012 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved. http://www.food.com/376934
Print
Remember Settings Print Size:
8.5 x 11" 4 x 6" 3 x 5" Text Size:Small Medium Large Include These:
About This Recipe Private Note Nutritional Info Reviews Photo Coupon / Ad (below) Print
Remember Settings
Print Advertisement/ Coupon Separately
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

trying to make chik fingers again.......not crusty enough, increasing cornmeal.......
Old 04-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

British Baked Beans

250 g pinto beans or 250 g haricot beans
200 g unsmoked back bacon (tastes better with) (optional)
1 small onion , finely chopped
1 garlic clove , crushed
2 tablespoons black treacle
800 g chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato puree
parsley , chopped

Read more: British Baked Beans Recipe - Food.com - 328507

Directions:
Soak the beans in cold water for 8 hours or overnight. Then cook according to pack instructions (I leave the lid off the pan, and add a tsp of baking soda to combat the gas producing side effects of beans. It works very well). Remember to boil well for 10 minutes before simmering, or you may get a tummy upset!
Heat a large pan and add the bacon if using (if not using, make sure you use something else to lift the beans - more salt, a bit of chili, worcester sauce or whatever. These can also be added to the bacon version for still more flavour). Fry for 1 minute.
Add the onion, celery (I use celery salt) and garlic, and continue to fry for 4-5 minutes until the bacon is cooked and the onion has started to soften.
Stir in the chopped tomatoes, black treacle and tomato puree. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the cooked beans. Return to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes (or put into crockpot on low to be ready and waiting later).
Stir in the chopped parsley then spoon over toast, into jacket potato, or whatever.
Freezes well

Read more: British Baked Beans Recipe - Food.com - 328507
Old 04-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

also on the kids menu is Chicken korma. In this mild Northern Indian dish, chicken is simmered in a creamy fragrant sauce with onion, garlic, ginger and cashews. Serve over basmati or sticky rice.

Does anyone know of a child that would eat this? My BFFs eight YO lives on chik fingers and micro mac n cheese............

Last edited by CCGirl; 04-15-2012 at 01:39 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #209
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
also on the kids menu is Chicken korma. In this mild Northern Indian dish, chicken is simmered in a creamy fragrant sauce with onion, garlic, ginger and cashews. Serve over basmati or sticky rice.

Does anyone know of a child that would eat this? My BFFs eight YO lives on chik fingers and micro mac n cheese............

Actually, my 3 and 4 yo granddaughters eat this!
Old 04-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
hey all! I hope everyone is having an excellent weekend This week has been off/on for me, I have eaten off plan seemingly every other day, but no major binges. I tried to keep it low cal/carb/fat so I don't think I did too much damage. I've still been exercising, and while I'm avoiding the scale b/c it's TOM I feel really good/fit for the first time in a long time. I was able to fit into some Mediums (since this new store I discovered had no Larges, but a great sale). Even my feet are getting smaller, I'm usually not a 7.5 until I get like 30lbs lighter so that's been fun too.

I really think it's true about things taking 3 weeks to become a habit. I remember when I first started it felt like the toughest thing in the world. My first goal was to survive 10 days, and then after 2 weeks I knew I could stick with it for a month. Even having had a few days off plan, I'm unphased by chicken breasts, water, tuna, etc. As much as I love my fat/Atkins style eating this is doable and I don't feel bad. Two more weeks for this month and I'm really buckling down. I wonder if it's okay for me to have Farmer's cheese every other day, or if I should just cut it out entirely.
does anyone know if they have Costco sized farmer's cheese? it actually adds up at 3.39 for 7oz.