Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #151
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lmg607
I started last week at 174 and got down to 167, but had a bad weekend, and went back up to 169. I'm experiencing a bad visit from Aunt Flow, but I'm surprised I lost the pound considering I feel like a giant balloon.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
IM2 & IMG: Congrats on the losses!!! KUTGW!

I'm off to the gym again this morning. It felt so good yesterday I wondered why it's been so hard to get my butt out the door! I was hoping I would feel that way. I'm not sore this morning, which is very surprising to me!

MMS: There are lots of good books about PCOS and if you do some on line research, you can find out all the symptoms (which are many). Your DD may need to see an Endo because lots of time primary docs just don't have the education they need in that area.

Some common symptoms are weird because they can be opposites like some women have very irregular periods, or none at all. Others have too frequent TOM with tremendous pain, a lot of bleeding that can last heavily from 7-30 days!! (That was me as a teen. My Mum had to take me to the doc when I bled heavily for 30 days and I became quite anemic. He put me on hormones to stop it). Back then, they didn't know what it was or what caused it.

In women, there can be lots of unwanted facial and body hair. In men who have it there can be baldness at a very young age. One of my nephews lost his hair when he was 14! Funny seeing such a handsome young guy go bald like that. Infertility is a huge and common symptom and my DD had it. It took her 14 years of infertility treatment to finally conceive and now our miracle DGS is 3 years old!! We call it her 14 year labor!! She had to have painful injections, take meds, it was quite a struggle.

hope that was not TMI about the TOMs!!! It's just that rapid weight gain is one of the most common symptoms in young women.

OK, I'm off to the gym pretty soon before I talk myself out of it! It's pouring down rain again and very tempting to sit here by the fire and veg out.

BTW: Yesterday I had 2 pieces of tilapia cooked in a zip-n-steam bag for lunch. Leftover turkey and a cup of broth for dinner and then a big ole glass of Old Vines Zin right before I went to bed. The fluid retention from my Easter ham binge is gone and the scale is back down to my lowest this morning. So, I'm a happy, happy girl about that!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 04-12-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Today for breakfast an egg crepe with a sprinkle of stevia strawberry garnish to enjoy vicariously ....lunch will be four or five jumbo shrimp cocktail on a cup of lettuce and a lemon slice garnish .... Dinner a delmonico steak salt and pepper to taste.... sadly no dessert perhaphs an espresso or sparkling water as well as the required 10 glasses of water ....
Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #154
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Obeying the no beating up on ourselves rule, I've decided to take the rest of my weigh week off plan. It is difficult to stay on plan and stay at dd's right now. So, I'm going to do my best at low calorie until I'm back home, which will happen probably Sunday. So Monday I'll be back on plan. I feel like I need a way not to set myself up for failure. I feel so good about the weight I've lost and the way I have felt, that this detour will not detour me!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #155
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

GT - I'm sorry you are feeling bad but very happy that it is not more serious. Feel better soon!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #156
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah for exercise and being on plan! We are all going to get to goal!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
So far it has been a crazy month. I have been working on a promo and of course all sort of stuff goes wrong but I didn't retreat into food or booze. I got on my stationary bike and pedalled my little heart out. And I have stuck with the eating plan. So in the last eleven days I have lost eleven pounds. It may go up this weekend a bit 'cos I am going to kind of let loose tomorrow night!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Tonite I will do a 45 minute walk . I have browsed through many journal and posts and feel inspired .... I am not into exercise but it has to be done even in moderation, like a walk .... No more chips n dip in front of the tv .... I am lazy I have to start small but thank you all for the inspiration ....
Old 04-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Angel. . if I can exercise. . so can you. . Let's do it for us!!! Yay. .
Old 04-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim. . don't forget to enjoy life, too. .that's what its all about. .remember my pledge: Start living and remember to smile. . it'll get you through and you'll do fine!
Old 04-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
CC! I sure hope you feel better soon and sending good vibes to DH. . It's tough when your loved ones are hurting. . just be strong, drink plenty of fluids and rest! both of you!
thank you girl friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi CC! How ya doing girl? You have been in my thoughts... I can not think of Kate without thinking of you! DD took a gap year, so this is her first year yes. It's hard to think she will be 21 this year, the years have flown by! I mentioned PCOS and she has booked an appointment with our GP this morning - it turns out she has been having some other issues in the Gynae department, so hopefully she will get some answers. She actually said to me last night, "mum I've got to do something - you would not believe how big I have got". Which was a little odd because she was standing straight in front of me. Then I got out a pair of my old trousers, the ones I use to wear when I was at my biggest and we had a laugh at the fact that I actually wore these light weight cargo pants to the beach on our hols because I was too shy to take them off... I was sweating like a pig! Bottom line was if your old weak willed mum can do it, you can do it too! Anyway, she wants to try an adapted version of Stills and plans to start tomorrow (she has a lunch booked for today). Who knows, she might even join us here. Sorry CC, I have not read through the back posts, did not know your DH was in pain, hope he is feeling better soon. "He'll be hurting tonight but he will sleep well"... you are too funny.
MMS O YAY on the breakthrough with DD! And thanks for the thoughts, you are in mine often as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg607 View Post
Dropped a pound. Down to 168.
go you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg607 View Post
I started last week at 174 and got down to 167, but had a bad weekend, and went back up to 169. I'm experiencing a bad visit from Aunt Flow, but I'm surprised I lost the pound considering I feel like a giant balloon.
hang in there gal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Today for breakfast an egg crepe with a sprinkle of stevia strawberry garnish to enjoy vicariously ....lunch will be four or five jumbo shrimp cocktail on a cup of lettuce and a lemon slice garnish .... Dinner a delmonico steak salt and pepper to taste.... sadly no dessert perhaphs an espresso or sparkling water as well as the required 10 glasses of water ....
mmmmmmmmm shrimp mmmmmmmm and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Obeying the no beating up on ourselves rule, I've decided to take the rest of my weigh week off plan. It is difficult to stay on plan and stay at dd's right now. So, I'm going to do my best at low calorie until I'm back home, which will happen probably Sunday. So Monday I'll be back on plan. I feel like I need a way not to set myself up for failure. I feel so good about the weight I've lost and the way I have felt, that this detour will not detour me!
that's the spirit! Life happens.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
So far it has been a crazy month. I have been working on a promo and of course all sort of stuff goes wrong but I didn't retreat into food or booze. I got on my stationary bike and pedalled my little heart out. And I have stuck with the eating plan. So in the last eleven days I have lost eleven pounds. It may go up this weekend a bit 'cos I am going to kind of let loose tomorrow night!
WOW way to go loser!
Quote:
Mim. . don't forget to enjoy life, too. .that's what its all about. .remember my pledge: Start living and remember to smile. . it'll get you through and you'll do fine!
Old 04-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

oops

CCGirl I made a mistype it was nine pounds I have lost in eleven days. I will lose more before the end of the month. Lots more. LOL
Old 04-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BC. . Nine Pounds is great!! I love 9 pounds!!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

I love the nine pounds too. And I haven't been really strict. From the 1 to the 5 I had vegies at night then on the 6th I had carbs. From the seventh to the 12th I have stuck all protein. Tomorrow I let loose a bit then back at it on the 14th. So that way it doesn't seem overly taxing. I'll do that until it doesn't work any longer and I have to get strict with myself.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm down again!! Another. Day, another pound! That makes 9 since Monday!! Can you believe it? I sure can't! Sure gave me the boost I needed! I've been teetering with the same poundage for so long! Life is good! Perhaps it is due to the fact that I dropped my antidepressants and decided I have to work on me. Idk but I'll take it!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al. O al. Check in!! I need an exercise coach
Old 04-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Scale Disclaimer:

The number before you will vary each and every day and multiple times per day. Try not to go crazy!

The scale will NOT tell you the following:

- - What a great person you are
- - how much your family and friends love you and need you
- - That you can make a stranger melt with your beautiful smile
- - You have the power to choose happiness.
- - that you are beautiful inside and out
Old 04-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eating my ground sirloin lettuce breakfast. . with hot sauce. . yum. .yum. . forgot how much I missed hot sauce! I decided I'd have a little bit of fat this morning (ground beef) because I packed Salmon and Tuna for the rest of my day. . .I have one or two boiled eggs left from Easter. . (Did I tell you my kids made Angry Bird and Kiss (the band) Eggs?). . they were too cute. . So I shall be eating Gene Simmons later today . .

Today shall be a good day for everyone. . let's do this and quite putting it off. .
Old 04-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O Yam. . I was just looking at your wonderful AVI. . How great you look! Be so very proud of yourself..
Old 04-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
CCGirl I made a mistype it was nine pounds I have lost in eleven days. I will lose more before the end of the month. Lots more. LOL
Awesome!!! Congratulations!

Quote:
I'm down again!! Another. Day, another pound! That makes 9 since Monday!! Can you believe it? I sure can't! Sure gave me the boost I needed! I've been teetering with the same poundage for so long! Life is good! Perhaps it is due to the fact that I dropped my antidepressants and decided I have to work on me. Idk but I'll take it!
Wowzers!!!! Incredible!!! WTG!!!!!

Quote:
Scale Disclaimer:

The number before you will vary each and every day and multiple times per day. Try not to go crazy!

Love this!!

Quote:
O Yam. . I was just looking at your wonderful AVI. . How great you look! Be so very proud of yourself..
Thank you!!! I'm feeling good. Having the muscle/water gain thing as I knew I would. But this too shall pass. My arms are really sore today!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Angel! So glad you popped on over here. Sounds like you are doing good. I read your last post on the other thread. I'm also a daily weigher. I think most of us are. Or, several times a day! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Sounds like you have a plan. Just maintain and then dig in again when you get back. Do have fun!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
rockin' it!!!!!!!
Quote:
woohoooo! go girl!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Scale Disclaimer:

Old 04-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK what color bag is everyone carrying? Need to change out the grey and white........
Old 04-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nude was hot last spring............
Old 04-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much ! I did so - so yesterday .... I am lazy so I didnot go for a walk for 45 minutes .... I felt tired and cold plus whenever I am expecting
(TOM) I become extremely hungry so tonite I did well with
everything except the cottage cheese I could not put the spoon down ! blah oh yeah, and no walking .... I weigh myself every a.m and I feel bloated however ; I did drink loads of water and I hate plain water so that is a first ! On the Stillman QWL is low fat cottage cheese acceptable ???? Thank you in advance .... btw for this weekend I am thinking of trying a mini Italian meatloaf made with ground beef and Italian seasonings and wrap the seasoned ground beef around a hard boiled egg or mix the egg into a mini loaf .... I love to cook and if anyone has tried this idea with some or lil success please, let me know thanks ! Down one pound from the Easter damage many more to go ....

Last edited by Angelstill; 04-13-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Old 04-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL another water impaired Stilly girl!!!!!!!! Your meat loaf sounds divine!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OK what color bag is everyone carrying? Need to change out the grey and white........
CC! I'm not much of a change out gal. . I've been using my Miche (the largest they make!). .all season. .somehow. . black keeps getting back on it. . and then I notice, almost my entire wardrobe is black!!! Once I drop 20. .I'm going to have to do something about that. .

Although I was always a leather and lace kinda gal. . MMm. wonder if I'm still too old for that? We shall see. . when I"m smoking hot and rocking my chicken legs!!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thank you so much ! I did so - so yesterday .... I am lazy so I didnot go for a walk for 45 minutes .... I felt tired and cold plus whenever I am expecting
(TOM) I become extremely hungry so tonite I did well with
everything except the cottage cheese I could not put the spoon down ! blah oh yeah, and no walking .... I weigh myself every a.m and I feel bloated however ; I did drink loads of water and I hate plain water so that is a first ! On the Stillman QWL is low fat cottage cheese acceptable ???? Thank you in advance .... btw for this weekend I am thinking of trying a mini Italian meatloaf made with ground beef and Italian seasonings and wrap the seasoned ground beef around a hard boiled egg or mix the egg into a mini loaf .... I love to cook and if anyone has tried this idea with some or lil success please, let me know thanks ! Down one pound from the Easter damage many more to go ....
stick to it. . .it sound like you are doing great so far. . And yes. . the meatloaf sounds great. . what a way to compromise! I made meatloaf for the fam the other day but didn't dare touch it. . not really meat any longer, the way I make it!!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sofar today:

My lettuce meat concoction
2 boiled egg
1 chicken breast
1 very small pork sausage (my kids went out for dinner and ordered the big breakfast and brought me home American Fries and one sausage. . I was good. only ate the sausage and tucked the rest away in the back of the refrigerator. !). . Bless his heart. . He was worried I would be hungry! Ha.. Little does he know, I have that all figured out. . .
Old 04-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have to work a baseball concession stand tomorrow. . Wahhhh. I better grill some chicken to stick in my purse. . It's gonna be a long day. . but I'll burn some calories tossing some dogs and tapping the beer!!
Closed Thread