Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I won't bore you with my woes but I have been having a bit of a tough time lately. On the weight front things are looking good... I am now under 154 pounds, well at least I was when I weighed a week ago and I think I have shed a few more since. I'm getting the "oh you really don't need to lose any more" comments but I am determined to get to goal... I hope everyone is well and doing good...will check back later. x

Last edited by makemeslim; 04-11-2012 at 08:35 AM..
makemeslim is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I won't bore you with my woes but I have been having a bit of a tough time lately. On the weight front things are looking good... I am now under 154 pounds, well at least I was when I weighed a week ago and I think I have shed a few more since. I'm getting the "oh you really don't need to lose any more" comments but I am determined to get to goal... I hope everyone is well and doing good...will check back later. x
Way to go on the weight loss!! So sorry life is being tough on you right now. That often happens. I know after my second brother passed away in February and 2 of my sisters were hospitalized around the same time I kind of fell into a hole and didn't feel like I could crawl out. Just know we are thinking of you and sending you big and.
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I promise that I will look after my body and treat myself with respect. I promise I will not look in the mirror (every day) and point out my flaws. . instead I will try to find something to compliment myself on. I promise that I will never weigh what I weigh today. I promise I will not give up on my journey and I will acknowledge that I will have days that I want to give up. . but I REFUSE!!. I will not deprive myself of my friends, family and social gatherings merely because I have nothing to wear and don’t feel like I can control myself. I promise that if I make a bad choice, I will not let it ruin my day; nor will I obsess about it. I will not let one bite drag me down. .I will pick myself up, brush myself off and carry on. I Deserve to be healthy and happy and my family Deserves me to be that way. I deserve to enjoy life, have energy, strength and stamina. I promise myself that I will feel better each and every day. I will no longer feel sorry for myself, be mad at myself and I will learn to enjoy life as it was meant to be.

Who is in?
What a wonderful creed! I'm IN!!! Life is too short. And, I'm too old to suffer and beat myself up. Let's all just keep on going in the right direction. No muss. No fuss!
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #124
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
too funny about the hula-hoop!!!

You were one of our exercise queens! Boot-Camp and all!! I always admired you for your hard work and dedication to working out. I really need a kick in the behind. I just cant get myself to move for anything, but I know YOU CAN!!!!!
There ya go!!! Awww..thanks, Al!! It's pouring down rain here and cold. But, I got my gym bag all packed and heading off to the gym. Gotta just do it!! Flab, be gone!
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #125
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
The rest of this week is gonna be strict Stillman's for me. I stocked up with leftover turkey, tilapia, tuna and plenty of eggs. Gonna glug down the water and green tea.

I had ham on Easter and leftover ham yesterday and I'm really retaining fluid. Feeling a bit blimpish this morning and I know Stills and water, water, water and green tea will save me.

Gonna put my rockin' music on my iPod in my ears and forget about the clock. Then I'll sweat 'til I can't stand myself!!!

Let's do this, peeps!!!
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Way to go on the weight loss!! So sorry life is being tough on you right now. That often happens. I know after my second brother passed away in February and 2 of my sisters were hospitalized around the same time I kind of fell into a hole and didn't feel like I could crawl out. Just know we are thinking of you and sending you big and.
Thank you so much for your kind words. Oh Yam, that must have been so difficult for you... my heart goes out to you, it really does. My woes have not been as tough as yours have... Health and son who is just heading into puberty. I never experienced such upheaval with my daughter? Is there something about pubescent boys? Anyway, I was at a funeral yesterday (relative of partner) and it kind of put things into perspective. His name was Tom and he would have been 91 this May! He had a good life and one that made his family proud... despite him living to a ripe old age it was still difficult seeing people I care for so upset, but like I said he did have a good life and that is a positive thing. I am really enjoying being slimmer - we had some hot weather recently and I wore a vest top for the first time in about 8 years! Can't tell you how great that felt, but on a down note - I have a really beautiful daughter and I just don't know what to do about her weight problem... since starting uni she has really piled the weight on...she has a studio flat next to my house so there is always plenty of healthy stuff here for her to eat but she seems totally addicted to carbs! I worry about the rate at which she is gaining. Everyone has noticed and I would not mind but I know deep down she is really unhappy; when I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago she broke down and confessed to binging on cakes, biscuits, pizza etc. I said I would support and help her and I thought we were on the right track but now if I even bring it up she goes into defence mode and gets angry. I can see where she is heading and I don't like it. She does not have height like I do and does not carry weight very well...its beginning to affect her posture, even the way she walks. What can I do guys? She keeps commenting on how slim I am getting and I hope that might inspire her in some way. What a depressing post...sorry Yam, sorry guys... bored you with my woes after all.
makemeslim is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
The rest of this week is gonna be strict Stillman's for me. I stocked up with leftover turkey, tilapia, tuna and plenty of eggs. Gonna glug down the water and green tea.

I had ham on Easter and leftover ham yesterday and I'm really retaining fluid. Feeling a bit blimpish this morning and I know Stills and water, water, water and green tea will save me.

Gonna put my rockin' music on my iPod in my ears and forget about the clock. Then I'll sweat 'til I can't stand myself!!!

Let's do this, peeps!!!
, I've got my weights out...want some definition in my arms. Good thing is I can do it while I sit and watch TV. I really need to try and get some cardio in but I am finding it difficult to get into. Its Stills all the way to goal for me from here, I'm with you with the water. Tonight is chicken breast from a roast I cooked yesterday...no skin of course, but I will have a little LF mayo and mix in some chives.
makemeslim is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #128
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 39
Gallery: lmg607
MMS- I think you have mentioned it to her once, and now she will have to decide herself when to get healthy. My Mom used to say things to me about being over weight. I've always had weight issues. The biggest I've ever been was a size 14, the smallest a 6, and now I'm a 10.I know my mom was always just concerned, but it was hurtful, and a really touchy subject. All you can do is lead a good example. When she is ready, she'll change her ways.
lmg607 is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
MMS: If your DD is gaining at a fast pace at this age, I would take her to the doc and have her checked out for PCOS. That's what happened to my DD but back then not many had heard of it. She was finally diagnosed and put on metformin and it really, really helped her. She started dropping 2-3 pounds per week without even realizing it and without changing anything.

When her DH pointed out that her clothes were falling out, she got on the scale and was down 45 pounds!!! That motivated her to start going to the gym with me and walking on the treadmill 3 days a week and weighing herself every week. As she continued losing 2 pounds per week, that motivated her to look into healthier woes and she bought "7 Days In The Zone" and started eating that way.

She is at a really nice, slim weight now. In fact, she was losing while I was gaining. I was jealous!!

Now we motivate each other.
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I'm here to report that I went to the gym and worked out hard for one hour and forty-five minutes!!! Sweated like a melting ice cube on a summer day. Came home and took a shower and feel so much better.

I was surprised to have the stamina I did. Should have stuck it out for 2 whole hours, but my body just said we were done. I'm gonna try and do it again tomorrow and Friday.

MMS: I know what you mean about feeling better! I kept staring at myself in the gym mirror today and thinking, dang-it, Girl! You look like a different person!

BTW: boys are so different than girls in so many ways. You will get through this. It does not last forever!

Sorry you had to be at a sad funeral. It's hard to lose loved ones no matter their age. My brother who died first was so young. Only 63. Geez. My DH is 65. Second DB who passed in Feb. was 73. Still hard.

And, my sister with Alzheimer's is my godmother as well as my older sister. She stopped knowing who I am even before she was diagnosed. I had myself a big sob fest when that happened.

BTW: DH and I are heading to Palm Springs next week. I looked up the weather forecast and it's gonna be HOT. Looking forward to wearing some of my cute capris and shorts. I'm definitely going swimming. I bought 2 new swimsuits last year in Santa Monica. They were too small, but so cute and on clearance so I bought them anyway. Now they fit!!!

IMG: I so agree with what you said! I'm sorry your mother said hurtful things to you. Mine did too when I was a teen. She was overweight, but never missed the chance to point out that I was. Thankfully my DB introduced me to Stillman and invited me to live with him and his wife during the summer when I was 15. We all did it together and I lost 55 pounds!!! I kept it off all of my life until I hit 50 by going back to Stillman's every time I gained 3-5 pounds.

Even though my DD started to gain rapidly when she was about 17, I never, ever said anything to her. When a female is overweight, they know it!! No one has to point it out. It's not like, "Oh, Wow!!! I'm big?? I didn't notice! Thanks for telling me!!"
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg607 View Post
MMS- I think you have mentioned it to her once, and now she will have to decide herself when to get healthy. My Mom used to say things to me about being over weight. I've always had weight issues. The biggest I've ever been was a size 14, the smallest a 6, and now I'm a 10.I know my mom was always just concerned, but it was hurtful, and a really touchy subject. All you can do is lead a good example. When she is ready, she'll change her ways.
You are right I know. Its just horrible seeing her cancel certain plans because of her weight but again you are right. I have only ever approached her in a gentle manner and would never say spiteful things but I guess any approach must be hurtful as it means she needs to face reality.
makemeslim is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
MMS: If your DD is gaining at a fast pace at this age, I would take her to the doc and have her checked out for PCOS. That's what happened to my DD but back then not many had heard of it. She was finally diagnosed and put on metformin and it really, really helped her. She started dropping 2-3 pounds per week without even realizing it and without changing anything.

When her DH pointed out that her clothes were falling out, she got on the scale and was down 45 pounds!!! That motivated her to start going to the gym with me and walking on the treadmill 3 days a week and weighing herself every week. As she continued losing 2 pounds per week, that motivated her to look into healthier woes and she bought "7 Days In The Zone" and started eating that way.

She is at a really nice, slim weight now. In fact, she was losing while I was gaining. I was jealous!!

Now we motivate each other.
Thank you, that is definitely something, I will look into. It really is at a fast pace. In fact a friend told me in private that they had noticed a big difference in her weight than when they saw her two weeks earlier. I have heard of PCOS but never thought her weight gain might possibly be related to a health issue. I'll mention it to her tonight, see how she feels about it and hopefully we can book a visit to the GP. Thanks again. Also, great that you and your DD motivate each other and so glad she found the answer to her problem.

Last edited by makemeslim; 04-11-2012 at 02:03 PM..
makemeslim is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,182
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Wow!!! I haven't seen this much activity here in ages!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome back Makeme!! Yay on the loss!! About your daughter, i agree, if she's gaining weight, she knows it. I don't think she needs reminding, even gently. It sticks with you. I remember every single negative thing that was ever said about my weight, down to where I was and what I was wearing.
Yay on the loss Al and Im2! Al, i can't believe you kicjed CL-go you!! And I agree with the Summer getting dangerously close!!! Coats hide a multitue--strappy dresses-not so much!! Oh and hula hooping--waaay too much jiggle!!!
Oh speaking of jiggle--I ordered Brazilian Butt Lift off Beachbody!! The results look amazing--and my butt is by far my worst area(that and back fat--no kidding!) so I'm gonna do it and hopefully I get results!!
I haven't done much working out lately. I was just so unbelievably tired. I thought it was cos I have a second job--waitressing--I hate it BTW--hate my coworkers, hate that the rota always changes, and hate the uniform!! But I want to go home soon -as in give up my teaching job here and try and get one at home-so I want a bit of a cushion in case I don't find one soon. Anyway turns out I had glandular fever--so no wonder I was tired. Got blood tests done abd my cholesterol was really good. My LDL is 1.5 and my HDL is 2.3. I think we use different numbers then ye but I must look up a conversion. It must be all my salmon eating for the good HDL!! I'm glad the bad cholesterol was good too though cos I was always slightly iffy about the egg yolks. I eat a lot of eggs! It floored my Mum too-she was always dead against eggs. I kept telling her that everyone's bloodwork is better on low carb!!
Anyway I'm off to bed! Gonna paint my nails first!! Nitey nite peeps!! I've tomorrow off from waitressing--oh I'm so keeping my fone off! Ha!! That's another thing that pees me off-they ring and expect you to come in at a moment's notice!! But we're not allowed to wear nail polish--I adore nail polish!! So I hate that too!
__________________

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I'm here to report that I went to the gym and worked out hard for one hour and forty-five minutes!!! Sweated like a melting ice cube on a summer day. Came home and took a shower and feel so much better.

I was surprised to have the stamina I did. Should have stuck it out for 2 whole hours, but my body just said we were done. I'm gonna try and do it again tomorrow and Friday.

MMS: I know what you mean about feeling better! I kept staring at myself in the gym mirror today and thinking, dang-it, Girl! You look like a different person!

BTW: boys are so different than girls in so many ways. You will get through this. It does not last forever!

Sorry you had to be at a sad funeral. It's hard to lose loved ones no matter their age. My brother who died first was so young. Only 63. Geez. My DH is 65. Second DB who passed in Feb. was 73. Still hard.

And, my sister with Alzheimer's is my godmother as well as my older sister. She stopped knowing who I am even before she was diagnosed. I had myself a big sob fest when that happened.

BTW: DH and I are heading to Palm Springs next week. I looked up the weather forecast and it's gonna be HOT. Looking forward to wearing some of my cute capris and shorts. I'm definitely going swimming. I bought 2 new swimsuits last year in Santa Monica. They were too small, but so cute and on clearance so I bought them anyway. Now they fit!!!

IMG: I so agree with what you said! I'm sorry your mother said hurtful things to you. Mine did too when I was a teen. She was overweight, but never missed the chance to point out that I was. Thankfully my DB introduced me to Stillman and invited me to live with him and his wife during the summer when I was 15. We all did it together and I lost 55 pounds!!! I kept it off all of my life until I hit 50 by going back to Stillman's every time I gained 3-5 pounds.

Even though my DD started to gain rapidly when she was about 17, I never, ever said anything to her. When a female is overweight, they know it!! No one has to point it out. It's not like, "Oh, Wow!!! I'm big?? I didn't notice! Thanks for telling me!!"
An hour and 45 I was kind of thinking of doing 10 mins here and there. Wow you really have been through a lot. My DH is really worried about his father and Alzheimer's. His father is having problems with his memory and he says for some reason it is worse when it is cold. His father (DH grandfather) had Alzheimer's so of course its a worry. He has had tests recently and they have come back negative so that is a good sign but his problems do seem to be getting worse, he is 77. I suggested it might just be the sort of memory loss some people experience in older age but DH thinks there is more to it than that. Rock those swim suits, its such a great feeling! On the DD front, I don't regret mentioning it, I suppose because I know it came from the heart and also because I know at the end of the day she knows that too. If she's hurting, I'm hurting. If I were to go on and on about it to her, comment every time she ate etc, then that would be a different story. All I will do now is mention the possibility of a health issue causing the gain and if she is not interested, I won't mention it again - which is the stage I was at anyway. On another note, if a person gets to a point where health is seriously at risk due to obesity (this is not in anway connected to my situation), should a friend, relative keep quiet? I would not watch a friend drink themselves to death and say nothing, although I know at the end of the day it is their choice. I'm not trying to stir anything up here...it just got me thinking that's all.

Last edited by makemeslim; 04-11-2012 at 03:17 PM..
makemeslim is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Nitey night guys, off to bed now.
makemeslim is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,882
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Ahh MMS: Hugs to you! Take the good advice to heart. . these gals are on top of it.

Yam: you deserve a hug, too. . what a rough year for you both!
IM2fat is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,882
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Reading your posts means I'll have to head out and get on the trampoline. .guess I'll do it before hubby gets back from dropping boys at Karate!!!
IM2fat is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,882
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I've been golden so far today. . and I'm not very hungry (surprise, surprise!)
IM2fat is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,919
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Good Morning, Gals!

OK. .so the scale was kind to me this morning. I finally busted out the wallet and got myself a new digital scale a couple of months ago so that I know my weight to the ounce. . . .The verdict:

I'm down 2!!! I'm actually down 6 since Sunday but I know that was all bloat from my Easter escapades. . I was happy with the 2.. (for the record. . I did not change my stats up as per protocol but let's just say even my high number was looking good last week!!! . .). .

Anyway, I packed up my lunch wagon today. I have chicken (grilled), cheese stick, small salad, burger, tuna and more chicken. .do you think I'll get hungry? I'm all about being prepared for a natural disaster.. Seriously. .what if my generous co-worker were to bring me Dill Pickle popcorn again like she did last week (It is one of my favorites!!). . I have to be armed with something to eat, right? My thoughts, exactly!!!

OK. enough babble. must get to work. . Hang in there gals. .we can do this. My son graduates in 2 months and I have to have some of this belly fat gone to enjoy HIS day. .I know there will be pictures! Goody!!!
armed and dangerous! Go you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hey CC. . I'm gonna see you on that water and raise you another two!
Okay didn't get so much in today, qoke up all headachey and stuffy, blech...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
no one hates water more than me. but somehow I have kicked the CL to the curb. I bought a new pretty water cup at walmart for $4. Its like an iced coffee cup with a straw in it. I have been making sure to always have it filled with ice and water. Im just guzzling it down, (with my eyes closed) I hate it so much sometimes I feel sick. BUT I gotta do it. Something about the straw helps me get it down.

PS. I hate beer. My friends used to laugh at me back in the day cause the only way I could get it down was with a straw!!! I looked real cool at those Dave matthews concerts....
O can't stand beer......
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
oh I feel so bad.
thanks Al, we're working through it slowly. His hip is bone on bone but we're not going with hip replacement even if we had insurance, so the chiro and plenty of shark cartilage and glucosamine is our only hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! It is so good to see my friends doing so well! I have had a hard time getting back on plan since my Sunday slide. I brought the girls back to my house last night and had my usual breakfast this morning - that really helps. I've settled down and am emotionally ready to be back on plan. So, hopefully, Tuesday will show another loss! I lost another pound this past week. My DD is doing some better - she has physical therapy today and hopefully will get the script for an MRI. But at least she is moving some now and able to drive herself the short distance to the pt's office. I'm about to pack up the girls and head back to her house. Eggs for lunch!
O glad she's getting better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am crawling out of my rock. Life has been tough for a few months. Not just dieting...everything. I am finally out of my funk and feeling great mentally. Ready to get my body the way I want it!

Today is day 2 of strict Stills. I have no plan other than to go day by day. It is too hard and disappointing when my goals fail. My intentions are to succeed this time by taking it one day at a time for now.

In my life I have quit smoking and caffeine, surely I can quit eating badly!

It is good to see a lot of you posting lately. Looks like we have collected some other people to.
Bratty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I won't bore you with my woes but I have been having a bit of a tough time lately. On the weight front things are looking good... I am now under 154 pounds, well at least I was when I weighed a week ago and I think I have shed a few more since. I'm getting the "oh you really don't need to lose any more" comments but I am determined to get to goal... I hope everyone is well and doing good...will check back later. x
MMS! sorry for your DD, is this the freshman year? They usually lose it after all the excitement of the first year......
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg607 View Post
MMS- I think you have mentioned it to her once, and now she will have to decide herself when to get healthy. My Mom used to say things to me about being over weight. I've always had weight issues. The biggest I've ever been was a size 14, the smallest a 6, and now I'm a 10.I know my mom was always just concerned, but it was hurtful, and a really touchy subject. All you can do is lead a good example. When she is ready, she'll change her ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I've been golden so far today. . and I'm not very hungry (surprise, surprise!)
go you!

Well, to get DH inspired and mind not on his pain I suggested he hang the trim around the kitchen door that has been down for some reno project at some point...........which led to 'well if I do that why don't I fix the floor in front of it (bad water stain).....

so now the floor is torn up and half done.........he'll be hurting tonight but will sleep well...........
__________________
Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!!
If you can read this thank a teacher; since you are reading it in English, thank a veteran.
“Enjoy the little things, for some day you may look back and realize they were the big things” – Robert Brault
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,919
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
so not hungry from this sinus crap, had a bowl of chicken soup and two sticks of celery........for the whole day.
CCGirl is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,882
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
CC! I sure hope you feel better soon and sending good vibes to DH. . It's tough when your loved ones are hurting. . just be strong, drink plenty of fluids and rest! both of you!
IM2fat is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,882
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I jumped on the trampoline and logged 100 jumps. .OMG> . I am so out of shape. . I was breathing like a pig stuck in mud next to the corn field! my goal shall be 125 jumps tomorrow. . If truth be told. . I was not focused on my jowels and bat wings. . it was my stomach that felt like it got the workout. . That's not to say. . fat was not flying. . everywhere. . but I definately felt it in my core (back and stomach) . . ! I have an all new appreciation for my boys. . it is quite the workout!! but one I kinda enjoyed!!

so. .here's to a better tomorrow. . carb free and meat filled dreams! Toootles. .
__________________
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "O Crap.. She's up!!!
Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
IM2fat is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
armed and dangerous! Go you!

Okay didn't get so much in today, qoke up all headachey and stuffy, blech...........

O can't stand beer......

thanks Al, we're working through it slowly. His hip is bone on bone but we're not going with hip replacement even if we had insurance, so the chiro and plenty of shark cartilage and glucosamine is our only hope.

O glad she's getting better!

Bratty!

MMS! sorry for your DD, is this the freshman year? They usually lose it after all the excitement of the first year......




go you!

Well, to get DH inspired and mind not on his pain I suggested he hang the trim around the kitchen door that has been down for some reno project at some point...........which led to 'well if I do that why don't I fix the floor in front of it (bad water stain).....

so now the floor is torn up and half done.........he'll be hurting tonight but will sleep well...........
Hi CC! How ya doing girl? You have been in my thoughts... I can not think of Kate without thinking of you! DD took a gap year, so this is her first year yes. It's hard to think she will be 21 this year, the years have flown by! I mentioned PCOS and she has booked an appointment with our GP this morning - it turns out she has been having some other issues in the Gynae department, so hopefully she will get some answers. She actually said to me last night, "mum I've got to do something - you would not believe how big I have got". Which was a little odd because she was standing straight in front of me. Then I got out a pair of my old trousers, the ones I use to wear when I was at my biggest and we had a laugh at the fact that I actually wore these light weight cargo pants to the beach on our hols because I was too shy to take them off... I was sweating like a pig! Bottom line was if your old weak willed mum can do it, you can do it too! Anyway, she wants to try an adapted version of Stills and plans to start tomorrow (she has a lunch booked for today). Who knows, she might even join us here. Sorry CC, I have not read through the back posts, did not know your DH was in pain, hope he is feeling better soon. "He'll be hurting tonight but he will sleep well"... you are too funny.

Last edited by makemeslim; 04-12-2012 at 01:10 AM..
makemeslim is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
so not hungry from this sinus crap, had a bowl of chicken soup and two sticks of celery........for the whole day.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
makemeslim is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:26 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I jumped on the trampoline and logged 100 jumps. .OMG> . I am so out of shape. . I was breathing like a pig stuck in mud next to the corn field! my goal shall be 125 jumps tomorrow. . If truth be told. . I was not focused on my jowels and bat wings. . it was my stomach that felt like it got the workout. . That's not to say. . fat was not flying. . everywhere. . but I definately felt it in my core (back and stomach) . . ! I have an all new appreciation for my boys. . it is quite the workout!! but one I kinda enjoyed!!

so. .here's to a better tomorrow. . carb free and meat filled dreams! Toootles. .
A long while back one of my friends use to have one of those mini trampolines, she use to swear by it... I did have a go but kept falling off, probably something to do with my big feet. Sounds fun!
makemeslim is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:40 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Wow!!! I haven't seen this much activity here in ages!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome back Makeme!! Yay on the loss!! About your daughter, i agree, if she's gaining weight, she knows it. I don't think she needs reminding, even gently. It sticks with you. I remember every single negative thing that was ever said about my weight, down to where I was and what I was wearing.
Yay on the loss Al and Im2! Al, i can't believe you kicjed CL-go you!! And I agree with the Summer getting dangerously close!!! Coats hide a multitue--strappy dresses-not so much!! Oh and hula hooping--waaay too much jiggle!!!
Oh speaking of jiggle--I ordered Brazilian Butt Lift off Beachbody!! The results look amazing--and my butt is by far my worst area(that and back fat--no kidding!) so I'm gonna do it and hopefully I get results!!
I haven't done much working out lately. I was just so unbelievably tired. I thought it was cos I have a second job--waitressing--I hate it BTW--hate my coworkers, hate that the rota always changes, and hate the uniform!! But I want to go home soon -as in give up my teaching job here and try and get one at home-so I want a bit of a cushion in case I don't find one soon. Anyway turns out I had glandular fever--so no wonder I was tired. Got blood tests done abd my cholesterol was really good. My LDL is 1.5 and my HDL is 2.3. I think we use different numbers then ye but I must look up a conversion. It must be all my salmon eating for the good HDL!! I'm glad the bad cholesterol was good too though cos I was always slightly iffy about the egg yolks. I eat a lot of eggs! It floored my Mum too-she was always dead against eggs. I kept telling her that everyone's bloodwork is better on low carb!!
Anyway I'm off to bed! Gonna paint my nails first!! Nitey nite peeps!! I've tomorrow off from waitressing--oh I'm so keeping my fone off! Ha!! That's another thing that pees me off-they ring and expect you to come in at a moment's notice!! But we're not allowed to wear nail polish--I adore nail polish!! So I hate that too!
Hi GT, glandular fever!!! Are you OK now? Hope so! I am for oily fish all the way, even on Stills, its definitely good fat!

Last edited by makemeslim; 04-12-2012 at 01:51 AM..
makemeslim is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
I need to move my ticker and change my stats. Think I will do it tomorrow as I have had breakfast already and drank a pint of water. I am really into my herbs at the mo and my new kick is pineapple mint which I put in sparkling water! Hope everyone has a great day! BBL
makemeslim is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,882
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Morning mms. It is probably middle of the day for you now! It is 6:00 am here. I judged weighed and down another pound! I love it!!! if I can drop a few more over the weekend, I may feel almost human again and less blobby. Tis difficult to chart your progress,tho, when you've gained so much back and have to start all over. Hopefully this will be the last time for me. After 30 years of dieting, you would think I would have it figured out!!
IM2fat is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #149
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 39
Gallery: lmg607
Dropped a pound. Down to 168.
lmg607 is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,882
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
IMG: Great Job!!! What is your total, may I ask?
IM2fat is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.