Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
OMG just saw on TV, yummmmmmmmmm

Beef Kebabs
Recipes courtesy Sandra Lee 2009

.Prep Time:20 minInactive Prep Time:35 minCook Time:18 minLevel:
EasyServes:
4 servings.Ingredients
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoon hot sauce
3 pounds bottom round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 large yellow onion, chopped in large chucks slightly large than beef cubes
8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for about 20 minutes
Spicy Couscous, recipe follows
Directions
In a large bowl whisk together canola oil, garlic, yogurt, cumin, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Reserve half the marinade, in a covered bowl, and refrigerate. Add beef cubes to remaining marinade, cover and refrigerate for anywhere from 30 minutes to overnight.

Preheat grill pan or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Be sure to oil the grill surface before grilling the kebabs.

Thread beef cubes and onion pieces onto skewers, alternating 3 pieces of beef and onion per skewer. Set aside extra beef cubes for Round 2 recipe. Place skewers on the grill pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare.

Place kebabs on a serving platter along with Spicy Couscous. Drizzle with some of the reserved marinade and serve.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT is or was home so she's partying it up with himself I hope!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
Plateau

I've been at the same weight a couple days now so I'm doing an "Egg Day" today. Hopefully this will break the plateau. I can already feel a difference in how my clothes are fitting after only 10 days strict Stillman's. Yipee!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Wild week here!! My grand kids have the whole week off school so DD thought it would be fun to bring them all here. Whew!!! My house looks like a nuclear testing sight! But the kids sure are fun.

One of my buds on the JUDD forum did my March numbers on a chart for me 'cos I just can't figure out how to do it. (I use regular old graph paper and a pen, so old fashioned). Anyway, thought I'd post it here. the broken line is a day when I didn't weigh in. We were at a hotel and I had left my travel scale in the car. The weather got wicked and there was no way I was gonna get out of bed that morning and go out in the cold, wind and rain to get it!!!

YamYam March.JPG

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Mim: Congrats on being down 11 pounds! Woo-Hoooo! If you are losing inches, your fat is melting!!! That's good! Also, if you are losing inches it means you are gonna have another whoosh soon as it takes a while for the scale to catch up to the tape measure. I'm soooooo proud of you!!!

Krissa: You are so right about the hunger thing. If I let myself get hungry enough I think I would eat cardboard!!! My trick is to have hard boiled eggs and leftover meat or poultry in the fridge at all times. then when I'm seriously hungry, that's what goes in and it's very satisfying.

Have to tell you guys I love all the support on this site. When I hit 28 pounds down in December my losses just slowed way down and then stopped. I was so tempted to go off the rails and just give up because I was starting to think what's the use??

I came back to the boards!!! I started experimenting with food cycling (eating more one day and less the next, rinse repeat) and all this positive feedback no matter where I turn on LCF just got me the kick in the butt I needed!!

I'm losing much more slowly than I did in August when I started LCing, but that's to be expected. I know it's both age related and also the more you have lost the slower it gets.

But, I don't have an "expiration date" attached to when I want to reach my goal and go beyond. I just want to keep losing and stay motivated.

How about if you join me in an April mantra of "Whatever it takes!!!"
Old 04-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lmg607
I'm on day two of Stillman's. I've lost two pounds. I'm at 172/ 5'4", and I want to lose 30 as my first goal. If I were to stick to an extremely strict Stillman's...how much weight could I lose in a month? Also any one have any suggestions for a newbie?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Img, everyone loses at different rates..........some have done near 30 in a month. Setting a goal like that can backfire, if you don't lose it all 30 it could set you off for a binge or worse.
One day at a time, IMHO...........:jeart:
Old 04-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #38
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg607 View Post
I'm on day two of Stillman's. I've lost two pounds. I'm at 172/ 5'4", and I want to lose 30 as my first goal. If I were to stick to an extremely strict Stillman's...how much weight could I lose in a month? Also any one have any suggestions for a newbie?
I agree with CC - your body is going to lose as fast as it is going to lose! A date goal can get frustrating. As for suggestions - read the stickies and especially the recipe thread. Some of us do well if we don't incorporate a lot of variety into our diet, and some of us need variety to make it work! But we all need to stick to plan - whatever the variation we have worked out for ourselves.

You will do great! Stick with us!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I love reading all the posts on this board on my way to work, I wish I could respond more, but I'm on my phone and the connection is spotty while I'm in transit. I love love love the support here and I can't wait to see how everyone progresses. I think the best thing that I did before Stillman's was cut down a lot on sugar/carbs so it wasn't that hard of a transition. I'm not sure if anyone deals(dealt) with emotional eating, but I swear by Shrink Yourself by Robert Gould, I failed more times than I can count, but I learned a lot about myself and my emotional eating and I'm more away of my triggers before I indulge. As bad as it was to eat off plan yesterday, I think it did more good than harm since it was effortless for me to not have diet soda. I think my brain just felt deprived and after I had an excuse to indulge I realize it wasn't as good as I thought it would be, plus I had already proved to myself I could commit to Stillman's after surviving week one.

I tried on jeans this morning, and as disheartening as it was to not fit into some of them, I just remembered it's still early, and I'm committed to my goal of dropping two size and/or 25lbs by Memorial Day so as long as I keep doing what I'm doing I'll be there sooner than I know. I love that this plan works b/c I started a new job three weeks ago and I haven't had time to focus on my workouts like I like, but I know with the walking I'm getting going to work and my eating I'll be in good enough shape.

sorry for the super long post, lol, I have limited access to a keyboard these days so I guess I get excited Oh, and I had tuna with farmers cheese tonight and it wasn't terrible I ate the entire thing.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:06 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
GT is or was home so she's partying it up with himself I hope!
OH good. Someone mentioned bloodwork so I thought she may be sick. thx!!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
That is SO COOL!!!! I wish I did that!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm on day two of Stillman's. I've lost two pounds. I'm at 172/ 5'4", and I want to lose 30 as my first goal. If I were to stick to an extremely strict Stillman's...how much weight could I lose in a month?
Good for you for dropping two lbs!!! and surviving 2 days!! Betcha lose 2 more today. I feel that if you are strict and follow the rules you can lose at least 20. (that is of course, if you dont have any health issues that would hinder it)

my advice for the moment is to drill it in your head that this is it! One more diet to get those pounds off quick. you can do it!!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxylady View Post
I've been at the same weight a couple days now so I'm doing an "Egg Day" today. Hopefully this will break the plateau. I can already feel a difference in how my clothes are fitting after only 10 days strict Stillman's. Yipee!
great job foxy. 10 days is awesome!! I found, in the past, that my weight might stay the same for a 3 days, and then woosh, 3-4 pounds gone the next. Just keep plugging away. It will work out.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

menu yesterday... 12 oz can of tuna, chicken breast, coffee, water, diet coke

Scale stayed the same. oh well.

Last night was tough for me. I miss my wine. I promised myself I wouldnt have any until May cause I really need these pounds off. Its funny, for some reason liquids arent cheats in my head. But I need to see what kind of results I get without it. Theres no time for me to play around!! So, I ended up going to bed at 8:30 so I couldnt convince myself that the wine was OK...

Im gonna try for a tuna day only today. Key word try. Maybe if I post it I will stick to it!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

HUGS!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #45
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
OH good. Someone mentioned bloodwork so I thought she may be sick. thx!!
She has been feeling very tired so had blood work while she is home. Hopefully all is well. Check in GT!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #46
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Today is my lunch meeting at a home where the food is prepared. There will be plenty of low carb options because I told the hostess that is what I need! I'm very proud of myself. This weigh week will bring two days with added veggie carbs - today and Easter. On easter I'll have a favorite spring salad and asparagus, along with my lamb. I made a first attempt at a low carb mint jelly last night. Not too bad but I'm going to try something else today.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mmmmmmmmmm lamb and mint jelly..........
Old 04-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #48
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Lunch today was a kind of chili - maybe white chili? Not sure but it had some kind of legume - not many. I also had salad and zucchini strips she fixed for me to eat salsa with! I'm not sure if it was the extra carbs - again, not many, but probably enough to set off some cravings. Although it may be a combination of lunch and some emotional issues that has me feeling like I could down the whole cookie aisle! However, I made chicken breasts and ate two and then some ff plain greek yogurt and I'm not going off plan. It always surprises me when I get this feeling after I've been on plan for a long time. But this time I'm working through it - thinking about what I will feel like when I eat a boat load of crap. And thinking about what I will feel like when I wake up tomorrow after having stayed on plan! No brainer - I'll stay on plan!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
You are all so inspirational. I started a modified version of this diet on Sunday (I have vegetables that have to be eaten) and I have lost five pounds. Only another forty seven to go! I am trying not to estimate when that goal will be realized or to set goals and just go with the flow.

I do know that I will have two cheat days this month towards the end when I will have a couple of drinks and some fat and a few more carbs but that shouldn't hurt me too much. Gotta live too don't we?

Old 04-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #50
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I love it when I'm right! I woke up this morning feeling very good - my decision not to binge paid off! And not only am I feeling good, I dropped a whole pound! It has been 10 days since I dropped a whole pound! My weight loss crawls at half pound intervals every couple of days.

Today is a long day so I'm off and running. I'll check you all later!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
You are all so inspirational. I started a modified version of this diet on Sunday (I have vegetables that have to be eaten) and I have lost five pounds. Only another forty seven to go! I am trying not to estimate when that goal will be realized or to set goals and just go with the flow.

I do know that I will have two cheat days this month towards the end when I will have a couple of drinks and some fat and a few more carbs but that shouldn't hurt me too much. Gotta live too don't we?

you got that right! Planned off plan days are good, no guilt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I love it when I'm right! I woke up this morning feeling very good - my decision not to binge paid off! And not only am I feeling good, I dropped a whole pound! It has been 10 days since I dropped a whole pound! My weight loss crawls at half pound intervals every couple of days.

go MIM! have a gr8 day!!!!!!!!!!

votes on the Miss so and so who thinks she's gorgeous over in the UK to the point that she thinks people hate her because of her beauty???
Old 04-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Can I chew 1 piece of gum on stillman's?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
Can I chew 1 piece of gum on stillman's?
I'm hoping it's fine since it's sugarfree since I had a piece today-I think as long as you're not going crazy you should be fine.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

I'm on Day 5, and still going strong. I definitely have that funny taste in my mouth, I hope that means I'm in ketosis. I can't afford to go buy strips. I didn't have much of an appetite yesterday, but I made myself eat. I also posted this in another forum for people starting Stillmans.
Yesterday:
1 boiled egg
1 scrambled egg with 2 tbs ff cheese
2 pouches of tuna with 1 tsp tony seasoning(I hope that it's ok to use) with 1 tsp mustard
2 pieces sugar free gum
water, coffee
174/172/170/169/167.2
That makes 7 pounds in 4 days.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm on Day 5, and still going strong. I definitely have that funny taste in my mouth, I hope that means I'm in ketosis. I can't afford to go buy strips. I didn't have much of an appetite yesterday, but I made myself eat. I also posted this in another forum for people starting Stillmans.
Yesterday:
1 boiled egg
2 pouches of tuna with 1 tsp tony seasoning(I hope that it's ok to use) with 1 tsp mustard
2 pieces sugar free gum
water, coffee
174/172/170/169/167.2
Wow! You are rockin' this!!! 7 pounds gone in just 4 days is amazing!!! KUTGW!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post

Yay, Mim!!! You are doing great!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Someone please say something to save me from myself.. I just can't get it together and I secretly want to.. .Every time I get up.. I say.. Today is the day.... and then something happens!!!

I have 3 dozen boiled eggs. . do you think if I ate all eggs for 3 days.. I'd get rid of bloat? Ahhhh
Old 04-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Someone please say something to save me from myself.. I just can't get it together and I secretly want to.. .Every time I get up.. I say.. Today is the day.... and then something happens!!!

I have 3 dozen boiled eggs. . do you think if I ate all eggs for 3 days.. I'd get rid of bloat? Ahhhh
I want this for you. So if you cant do it for you, please do it for me.

I think if you got your hubby to grill you up a tray of chicken breast that would be better than eating all those eggs. Unless you didnt mean you were gonna eat all 3 dozen (which I could , as you know)

Whats happening when you decide today isnt the day anymore?

I know its Easter, and theres candy and goodies, but you can have those things later. NOT RIGHT NOW. Losing the weight will make you truly happy, and open your eyes to a whole new world. What are those carbs gonna do for you but make you sad.

I know you want to keep your veggies in so may I suggest meat and veggies ONLY. NO seasonings, or sauces. Eat as much as you want but no adding anything to it. (maybe s&p) nothing that will make it taste better tho and make you wanting more than you really need. If it too dry, take a swig of water to wash it down. I know.. No fun.. but we gotta do what we gotta do to get it done!

Ive been eating chicken breast and tuna the last few days. It sucks but this is about me losing pounds right now and nothing else. I lost 2 overnight. Its not because I have this super metabolism. Its because of this diet. Nothing is going to make me break. I have to block out all those cravings and daydreams and happy thoughts of yummy cheesy goodness, and sometimes I have to go to bed to stop me from doing something I shouldnt. I wouldnt say Im the happiest person right now living my life to the fullest, but I know in a few short weeks, I'll be back to the person I was meant to be.

Im not talking like this cause I have it all together in any way. Its a total struggle. Im better at the diet part of losing weight because Im not an exerciser. So Im also struggling with trying to get myself to move, so I actually CAN eat more than plain ole chicken breast.

So back to the eggs. I wish Stillman were still alive because Id ask him why he said we could have unlimited eggs, but trim off any visible fat on our meat. I also realize he had a diet in his book that limited 3 eggs a day. So his point being, eat the eggs within reason. 3 eggs all day is not within reason to me but maybe thats my whole problem right there.

sorry for the ramble...but IM2, I know you can still lose 15 pounds this month. Forget about counting points and just eat meat and veggies. what do you say?
Old 04-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

whos that tall lean chica in the new pic up there?!?! WOO-HOO YAM!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yesterday:
1 boiled egg
2 pieces sugar free gum
water, coffee
174/172/170/169/167.2
this is exactly the kinda day a QWLer should have. You have done it right and are being rewarded!!! WTG lmg!!
Closed Thread