Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
oooooooh and another great Mother's Day gift .... scented candles how is that ???? I did give her a candle set one year ....

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much ! <3

Way to go on the loss. I love when I have numbers like that. How long have you been on plan?
Losing my breasts is the only thing I fear. [/QUOTE]

I started Stillmans after I indulged during Easter about April 12 th , I lose about a pound to a pound and a half a day .... when it is around that (TOM) I did not go down at all but my weight stayed the same not ever going up in pounds since I started this diet then after (TOM) "Whoosh" !!!!! it went down .... I eat high protein, very low carbs .... very little low fat cottage cheese .... no veggies .... a lot of water !!!! Drink up it works trust me I hate it but it does work !!!! My Boobies are the same my tummy moved away from boobies by shrinking way down .... I looked so bloated in the tummy but no more .... I reduced my sodium too it helps and take vitamins and supplements I stand true to maca and green tea and detox teas to help you rid wastes .... I hope this helps ....
Old 04-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #513
Senior LCF Member

I hope all of you enjoy your weekend !!!! and I hope that "whoosh" comes our way !!!!
hugs and good luck and again thank you for being a great support group !!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
I hope all of you enjoy your weekend !!!! and I hope that "whoosh" comes our way !!!!
hugs and good luck and again thank you for being a great support group !!!!
you too Angel and you are doing sooooooo good
Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
My mom is deceased so I have not too many options I usually plant something by her grave in her favourite colour which is lavender .... For my boyfriends mom she has everything but, I gave her the gift of pink Orchids last year that you give I think two ice cubes every few days they have a special meaning of love and friendship if they bloom each year it is said to be good luck .... She told me they did bloom for her this year .... I am thinking of sending her Gardenias this year ! For your BFF the gift of music .... ahhhh that I would love !!!! I never did let go of grunge I never even ever lived close to Seattle but I still find myself wearing a flannel now and then and my Nirvana t.shirts I hope I was helpful
O Angel, I'm so sorry yer mom is in the Summerland, I dread the day I lose mine..........

Gardenia is my mom's favorite, too.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Down .4 today. Yay! Just doing a drive by. I have a ton of errands to do. I will come back on later!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yay Bratty you loser you!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Just doing a quick pop in... Down 3 pounds! I have a dinner tonight an tomorrow I am gonna go atkins for this one cuz its at a restaurant and tomorrow it is at my BF's dads house and its usually buffet style so I should be ok sticking to stills, if I get weird looks I can always put veggies on the plate and the BF will eat them for me haha.

I am always so tired in the beginning, went to bed at 1am last night woke up at 345pm the BF had to work at 4 so it was a mad rush to get out of the house after that haha

Last edited by Mar922; 04-28-2012 at 03:05 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

go Mar!

BF??????????? when did this happen????????? OMG OMG
Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so THAT'S why we haven't heard from you in awhile.....
Old 04-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Angel. . Too Funny. . I have a yorkie, as well. . Her name is Doodle!!! She is/was supposed to my dog (Valentine's Day two years ago). . but she loves hubby way more than me. . I think the real reason is because he is always sitting and she cuddles on his lap. . I'm a busy gal and don't sit down too often!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doodle.jpg (27.7 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-28-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O. .Peeps. . I did what i said I wasn't going to do. . OK. . no celebration, please. . I don't feel very good today, kinda feeling sorry for myself. . but today is my Birthday and I didn't lose the few pounds I wanted to this week, in fact, my weight did not budge all week. .I woke up today to a messy kitchen , no one made me breakfast much less start my coffee. . so my day kinda started off crappy, anyway. . plus I was up 2 on the scale!!!. . Hubby and I decided we weren't spending money (as we don't have any right now) on each other for our Birthdays this year (his is next Friday). . but I thought someone in my family would do something nice for me today. . .considering I cook, clean, plan, cook some more, shop, etc. . for all of them! sometimes I just feel underappreciated. . . I'll snap out of it but just kinda want to feel sorry for myself right now. . I'll probably regret even writing this but it is almost 8:00 and I still don't feel any better.. think I'll have a few drinks and get it over with. . go to bed and start my day tomorrow.. I have to work a baseball game tomorrow so I have to snap out of it. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage today.
. . haven't heard from any of my other family, either. . At about 6:00, I decided. . what the heck . I'm fat. . I might as well eat. . I had popcorn, cupcakes and cheesecake. . and you know what. . I feel worse!!! . much worse. . instant bloat and I had to undo my jeans (that I finally got my hiney into)!! I feel bad, . feeling bad. . you know. . I have a lot to be thankful for and I really love my boys. . but there are days when I just feel like no one appreciates anything I do (they expect it). . I have a ton of work to catch up on tonight and my house is a cyclone. . Sheeehhhh. . Here's to brighter days. . !

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-28-2012 at 04:53 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
so THAT'S why we haven't heard from you in awhile.....
Ha ha. . . stay away from the boys. . they only cause trouble . . in more ways than one!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Best Wishes !!!!

awwww hon happy birthday !!!!! (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) I would like you to know I appreciate your kindness and thoughtfullness .... You made me feel very welcomed here from the very start !!!! You cheered me up and made me laugh .... And I look forward to your posts .... I am so sorry you had a bad day .... I have had my share .... My birthday is coming up too and to me it is just another day .... My boyfriend did not get a present from me and he cannot get me one either money is tight .... I could only imagine how difficult it is for you to take care of your family .... Do not worry about the scale you will get that whoooosh when you least expect it .... I am here for you if there is anything I can do for you , I will .... When you are ready take a lil time for yourself even if you squeeze in a few moments .... Today you celebrate you !!!! You are a sweetheart !!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Awwww Doodles !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Angel. . Too Funny. . I have a yorkie, as well. . Her name is Doodle!!! She is/was supposed to my dog (Valentine's Day two years ago). . but she loves hubby way more than me. . I think the real reason is because he is always sitting and she cuddles on his lap. . I'm a busy gal and don't sit down too often!!
how cute !!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #526
Senior LCF Member

My Saturday Stats ....

I am down 2 more lbs .... I have been trying different kinds of fish for dinner .... My favourites so far are Tilapia and Haddock .... mild flavours .... so far 14 lbs total since April 12 th .... I want to reach 20 lbs. total by next Friday .... Greetings to all my friends and brightest blessings ....
Old 04-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Thank you !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O Angel, I'm so sorry yer mom is in the Summerland, I dread the day I lose mine..........

Gardenia is my mom's favorite, too.
Ahhhh yes the beautiful summerland .... Brightest blessings ....
Old 04-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Awesome !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Just doing a quick pop in... Down 3 pounds! I have a dinner tonight an tomorrow I am gonna go atkins for this one cuz its at a restaurant and tomorrow it is at my BF's dads house and its usually buffet style so I should be ok sticking to stills, if I get weird looks I can always put veggies on the plate and the BF will eat them for me haha.

I am always so tired in the beginning, went to bed at 1am last night woke up at 345pm the BF had to work at 4 so it was a mad rush to get out of the house after that haha
WTG !!!! 3 pounds buh bye ....
Old 04-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Thank you !!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
you too Angel and you are doing sooooooo good
Thank you so much !!!! friend you are doing awesome as well !!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:34 AM   #530
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Cuuuuuuuuuuuute puppies!! I would love a maltese or malti-poo!!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #531
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Im2 and
Sorry you're feeling down. Your boys most definitely do appreciate and love you, they're just boys. I hope you feel better today. Take a little time for yourself and do something nice-just for you-even if it's just a quiet 2o min walk.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:20 AM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good Morning, everyone. .

Sorry for the pity party yesterday. . I seriously am. Now I feel foolish. . I guess I just get fed up sometimes and I was reflecting on my life in general. .Do you know that I've almost always been on a diet for my Birthday. . I mean. . always? Come on. . thats ridiculous. . but from the time I actually understood what Chubby, overweight, big boned, fat, her father's genes meant. . I started counting calories, cutting out food groups, skipping dinners, taking diet pills, drinking my meals and trying to starve myself into "skinniness". .Sad. . isn't it. .

Well. .Pals. .mark my words. . the big 46 (egads. . I'm gonna be 46 next year. . wahhhh). . Shall not be the same! I shall be the person I've dreamed about and I shall enjoy my day and eat my cake and not feel guilty or sorry for myself. . I never expected to be on this board again. . and again. and again. . but I am so thankful for it. I think my family is getting tired of my many diets and my many moods (which, I might add, are a direct reflection of the number on the scale.. ). . This "moodiness" was supposed to be temporary (because when I get skinny all that will change? Who am I kidding. . ). . .Soooo. . I have to embrace what I have/am and what I have to work with and improve, right? So here goes. .

CC, I, too. . will refrain from any alcholic beverages. . They do nothing for me except make me want to sleep more in the morning. .

Al: I will join you in a few wall push-ups. .

Angel: I will work hard this week to make my hubby's and your (and my son's Birthday) the best. . I will not feel sorry for myself . .

Yam: I am going to try to wrap my brain around all your enthusiasm.

Mim: I will join you in a new hair-do.. (perhaps a little later. . that one still scares me!)

Mar: Welcome back.. . I want to feel renewed. .

GT: I need some of your dedication. . (and some kitty power wouldn't hurt!)

It's time: It is time. . and I'm going to make some time for me, as well. .

Fellow lurkers: come out and play and tell us about yourself. . We just love new ideas and inspiration, no matter what plan you follow. . . It keeps the rest of us going and in line!!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:23 AM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And Angel. . Thank you for your kind words yesterday. . made me cry. . but in a good way. . Thank you. . Isn't it amazing how powerful words can be? I have to remember that. . Someone here always knows exactly what to say. . Thanks, friend!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:23 AM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's it . . devil Kitty must go. .
Old 04-29-2012, 04:41 AM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK.. and one more thing: I do have my loss of 10 pounds this month to be thankful for. . and I can fit into one or two pair of my jeans. . . I have to remember to look at the big picture. . I didn't gain this much overnight, how can I expect to lose it? I can't. . so I just have to keep with the program. .

On that note, gonna grill up some chicken to take to the baseball game this afternoon. . gonna be a long day of hotdog, pretzels and beer. . I'm glad I'm not a beer drinker!! TTFN. .
Old 04-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #536
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
IM2: Sorry it's a day late!

Hey! don't ever feel foolish for feelings. Feelings are not right or wrong. They just are. Sometimes it's just a really cleansing thing emotionally to feel what you feel and let them out. This is a perfect place to vent!! We are a safe soft place to land and we loooooooove you so much!!! So, vent away. It's like an emotional detox.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Why your body wants to take a break from WL

And why it's important to hang in there and persevere!! Don't give up!!!

Don't discount what a great accomplishment your weight loss so far is!!! Pat yourself on the back every day.

I posted this on another forum, but thought I'd paste it in here because I got lots of good feed back and I think it's something to consider and remember every day on this journey:

I was just reading about the body's rebellious "Weight Rebound Reaction." And, it's very interesting.

"When a body has lost a good number of pounds through effective dieting, several reactions conspire to put the weight back on." (or to stop losing for a while).

Here are 3:

1. Increase in appetite: "triggering hunger pangs to encourage you to eat more."

2. Reduction in energy consumption: "...if you earn less money, you spend less money. Biological organisms react in a similar way. This is why many people complain about feeling cold during weight loss diets; your body is using less energy to keep you warm." Tiredness can be another way of your body reducing energy consumption because if you move less, you burn less calories and fat.

3. Maximum extraction of calories consumned: "Finally, the body's third reaction is the most efficient and the most dangerous one, whether you are trying to lose weight or are stabilizing, as it consists in assimilating the calories from your food more efficiently. An individual who ordinarily extracts 100 calories from a slice of bread might end up assimilating 120 to 130 calories from the same size slice after dieting. Each morsel is sifted through, and everything possible is absorbed. This increase in calorie extraction takes place in the small intestine."

Interesting stuff, huh?? And this is all because of our body's biological proclivity to store fat in case of a coming famine. Intermittent Fasting can help thwart this with the re-feed on UDs. However, our stubborn bodies will try every trick in the book to stall or dissuade us from losing any further.

It goes on to basically talk about how, each time we lose a chunk of weight (amount varies I guess) the body needs about 5 days per pound lost to accept and get used to the idea of the loss. This explains the "resting" period some have mentioned. We could probably also call those "set points" as others have talked about.

In August I started LC WOE weighing 230 and lost 14 pounds fast. Then my body "rested" for 2 weeks before starting to lose again. When I hit 20 pounds down, I had another period of time where nothing budged. I just bounced up and down the same 2-3 pounds. Finally it started moving slowly downward again, but came to a halt at 27 pounds down.

That's when I started calorie cycling. I lost 5, gained 2 and was stuck at 199-200 for a while. In March I had a nice loss and got to 193 but in April I'm just dancing around at 194-195.

So, if the weight rebound reaction info is true, I shouldn't be surprised that my body is "resting" for 30 days. After all, if it takes 5 days per pound lost for my body to accept this latest loss and I lost 6 pounds in March: 6 x 5 = 30.

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this means I should start losing again very soon!!!

Is this at all helpful in understanding that our bodies do "rest" for a while after a drop??

One thing I'm thinking is that in the past, when I was doing WW or VLC, if I stopped losing on the scale for a month I would become discouraged and quit!!! That's when the body's rebound and rebel action wins!!! I would rapidly gain the weight back in the past!!!

Not this time. I enjoy JUDD (calorie cycling or rotating up days and down days) so much and don't want to lose the "magic" gene effect that I'm going to hang in there. And, this weight is going to drop! I'm not giving up and I'm not giving in and I'm not giving my body any other choice!!!!!

Just wanted to share. You know I'm an info junkie. HTH!! It was meant to encourage you to hang in there with me! WE are BUDDS and are all in this together to get to our goals!!

Most of you know I'm doing my own hybrid WL plan right now. Stillman's has always been my go-to QWL plan. Then I read Dukan's book and he is so much like Stillman, only with lots of new modern info and science about why it works. Plus, I get fat free dairy on Dukan which keeps me going. In December I was surfing around this LCF site and found JUDD.

So, I read Dr. Johnson's book, "The Alternate Day Diet" and thought: why not try JUDD along with a Stillman/Dukan WOE?

I've introduced carbs but if they seem to trigger cravings or make the scale go up, I pull back and do Stillman or Dukan again for several days.

I think this rotating, cycling, hybrid kind of plan is keeping me going. This is the longest time in years that I've lost this much AND kept it off for so long AND still have the entusiasm, motivation and urgency to keep going!!

It's also the first time I've found a WOE that burns fat, retains muscle and has me in a size 10 at this weight!!! The last time I was at this weight in 2005 I was wearing a 14! I feel great and I've found something I can stick with for life.

I feel like you all are on my team and I'm on your team and we are here to cheer each other on. Let's do this, my peeps!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #538
Senior LCF Member

You're welcome !!!! :)

Quote:
And Angel. . Thank you for your kind words yesterday. . made me cry. . but in a good way. . Thank you. . Isn't it amazing how powerful words can be? I have to remember that. . Someone here always knows exactly what to say. . Thanks, friend!
You have many friends here !!!! We all love you for you !!!! Just like Yam -Yam said about feelings there is nothing to feel bad about .... And remember when I was falling apart you told me to have a hood cry well I had one ( a biggy !!!! ) And thank you again for comforting me .... cause I know I am due for that hood cry again soon ....
Old 04-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Very informative .... Thank you !!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
And why it's important to hang in there and persevere!! Don't give up!!!

Don't discount what a great accomplishment your weight loss so far is!!! Pat yourself on the back every day.

I posted this on another forum, but thought I'd paste it in here because I got lots of good feed back and I think it's something to consider and remember every day on this journey:

I was just reading about the body's rebellious "Weight Rebound Reaction." And, it's very interesting.

"When a body has lost a good number of pounds through effective dieting, several reactions conspire to put the weight back on." (or to stop losing for a while).

Here are 3:

1. Increase in appetite: "triggering hunger pangs to encourage you to eat more."

2. Reduction in energy consumption: "...if you earn less money, you spend less money. Biological organisms react in a similar way. This is why many people complain about feeling cold during weight loss diets; your body is using less energy to keep you warm." Tiredness can be another way of your body reducing energy consumption because if you move less, you burn less calories and fat.

3. Maximum extraction of calories consumned: "Finally, the body's third reaction is the most efficient and the most dangerous one, whether you are trying to lose weight or are stabilizing, as it consists in assimilating the calories from your food more efficiently. An individual who ordinarily extracts 100 calories from a slice of bread might end up assimilating 120 to 130 calories from the same size slice after dieting. Each morsel is sifted through, and everything possible is absorbed. This increase in calorie extraction takes place in the small intestine."

Interesting stuff, huh?? And this is all because of our body's biological proclivity to store fat in case of a coming famine. Intermittent Fasting can help thwart this with the re-feed on UDs. However, our stubborn bodies will try every trick in the book to stall or dissuade us from losing any further.

It goes on to basically talk about how, each time we lose a chunk of weight (amount varies I guess) the body needs about 5 days per pound lost to accept and get used to the idea of the loss. This explains the "resting" period some have mentioned. We could probably also call those "set points" as others have talked about.

In August I started LC WOE weighing 230 and lost 14 pounds fast. Then my body "rested" for 2 weeks before starting to lose again. When I hit 20 pounds down, I had another period of time where nothing budged. I just bounced up and down the same 2-3 pounds. Finally it started moving slowly downward again, but came to a halt at 27 pounds down.

That's when I started calorie cycling. I lost 5, gained 2 and was stuck at 199-200 for a while. In March I had a nice loss and got to 193 but in April I'm just dancing around at 194-195.

So, if the weight rebound reaction info is true, I shouldn't be surprised that my body is "resting" for 30 days. After all, if it takes 5 days per pound lost for my body to accept this latest loss and I lost 6 pounds in March: 6 x 5 = 30.

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this means I should start losing again very soon!!!

Is this at all helpful in understanding that our bodies do "rest" for a while after a drop??

One thing I'm thinking is that in the past, when I was doing WW or VLC, if I stopped losing on the scale for a month I would become discouraged and quit!!! That's when the body's rebound and rebel action wins!!! I would rapidly gain the weight back in the past!!!

Not this time. I enjoy JUDD (calorie cycling or rotating up days and down days) so much and don't want to lose the "magic" gene effect that I'm going to hang in there. And, this weight is going to drop! I'm not giving up and I'm not giving in and I'm not giving my body any other choice!!!!!

Just wanted to share. You know I'm an info junkie. HTH!! It was meant to encourage you to hang in there with me! WE are BUDDS and are all in this together to get to our goals!!

Most of you know I'm doing my own hybrid WL plan right now. Stillman's has always been my go-to QWL plan. Then I read Dukan's book and he is so much like Stillman, only with lots of new modern info and science about why it works. Plus, I get fat free dairy on Dukan which keeps me going. In December I was surfing around this LCF site and found JUDD.

So, I read Dr. Johnson's book, "The Alternate Day Diet" and thought: why not try JUDD along with a Stillman/Dukan WOE?

I've introduced carbs but if they seem to trigger cravings or make the scale go up, I pull back and do Stillman or Dukan again for several days.

I think this rotating, cycling, hybrid kind of plan is keeping me going. This is the longest time in years that I've lost this much AND kept it off for so long AND still have the entusiasm, motivation and urgency to keep going!!

It's also the first time I've found a WOE that burns fat, retains muscle and has me in a size 10 at this weight!!! The last time I was at this weight in 2005 I was wearing a 14! I feel great and I've found something I can stick with for life.

I feel like you all are on my team and I'm on your team and we are here to cheer each other on. Let's do this, my peeps!!!
Thank you so much for this very interesting information .... I have been on too many diets to count in my life some worked and some did not and boy oh boy some even caused me to gain .... This diet works but who knows what tomorrow shall bring but I am grateful for what I had lost and will take it day to day ....
Old 04-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
O. .Peeps. . I did what i said I wasn't going to do. . OK. . no celebration, please. . I don't feel very good today, kinda feeling sorry for myself. . but today is my Birthday and I didn't lose the few pounds I wanted to this week, in fact, my weight did not budge all week. .I woke up today to a messy kitchen , no one made me breakfast much less start my coffee. . so my day kinda started off crappy, anyway. . plus I was up 2 on the scale!!!. . Hubby and I decided we weren't spending money (as we don't have any right now) on each other for our Birthdays this year (his is next Friday). . but I thought someone in my family would do something nice for me today. . .considering I cook, clean, plan, cook some more, shop, etc. . for all of them! sometimes I just feel underappreciated. . . I'll snap out of it but just kinda want to feel sorry for myself right now. . I'll probably regret even writing this but it is almost 8:00 and I still don't feel any better.. think I'll have a few drinks and get it over with. . go to bed and start my day tomorrow.. I have to work a baseball game tomorrow so I have to snap out of it. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage today.
. . haven't heard from any of my other family, either. . At about 6:00, I decided. . what the heck . I'm fat. . I might as well eat. . I had popcorn, cupcakes and cheesecake. . and you know what. . I feel worse!!! . much worse. . instant bloat and I had to undo my jeans (that I finally got my hiney into)!! I feel bad, . feeling bad. . you know. . I have a lot to be thankful for and I really love my boys. . but there are days when I just feel like no one appreciates anything I do (they expect it). . I have a ton of work to catch up on tonight and my house is a cyclone. . Sheeehhhh. . Here's to brighter days. . !
hey, it's one day...........
Quote:
awwww hon happy birthday !!!!! (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) I would like you to know I appreciate your kindness and thoughtfullness .... You made me feel very welcomed here from the very start !!!! You cheered me up and made me laugh .... And I look forward to your posts .... I am so sorry you had a bad day .... I have had my share .... My birthday is coming up too and to me it is just another day .... My boyfriend did not get a present from me and he cannot get me one either money is tight .... I could only imagine how difficult it is for you to take care of your family .... Do not worry about the scale you will get that whoooosh when you least expect it .... I am here for you if there is anything I can do for you , I will .... When you are ready take a lil time for yourself even if you squeeze in a few moments .... Today you celebrate you !!!! You are a sweetheart !!!!!

Quote:
I am down 2 more lbs .... I have been trying different kinds of fish for dinner .... My favourites so far are Tilapia and Haddock .... mild flavours .... so far 14 lbs total since April 12 th .... I want to reach 20 lbs. total by next Friday .... Greetings to all my friends and brightest blessings ....
go you!!! awesome!!!!!!
Quote:
Ahhhh yes the beautiful summerland .... Brightest blessings ....
O honey, you even get the meanings.......blessed be......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Im2 and
Sorry you're feeling down. Your boys most definitely do appreciate and love you, they're just boys. I hope you feel better today. Take a little time for yourself and do something nice-just for you-even if it's just a quiet 2o min walk.

Quote:
good Morning, everyone. .

Sorry for the pity party yesterday. . I seriously am. Now I feel foolish. . I guess I just get fed up sometimes and I was reflecting on my life in general. .Do you know that I've almost always been on a diet for my Birthday. . I mean. . always? Come on. . thats ridiculous. . but from the time I actually understood what Chubby, overweight, big boned, fat, her father's genes meant. . I started counting calories, cutting out food groups, skipping dinners, taking diet pills, drinking my meals and trying to starve myself into "skinniness". .Sad. . isn't it. .

Well. .Pals. .mark my words. . the big 46 (egads. . I'm gonna be 46 next year. . wahhhh). . Shall not be the same! I shall be the person I've dreamed about and I shall enjoy my day and eat my cake and not feel guilty or sorry for myself. . I never expected to be on this board again. . and again. and again. . but I am so thankful for it. I think my family is getting tired of my many diets and my many moods (which, I might add, are a direct reflection of the number on the scale.. ). . This "moodiness" was supposed to be temporary (because when I get skinny all that will change? Who am I kidding. . ). . .Soooo. . I have to embrace what I have/am and what I have to work with and improve, right? So here goes. .

CC, I, too. . will refrain from any alcholic beverages. . They do nothing for me except make me want to sleep more in the morning. .

Al: I will join you in a few wall push-ups. .

Angel: I will work hard this week to make my hubby's and your (and my son's Birthday) the best. . I will not feel sorry for myself . .

Yam: I am going to try to wrap my brain around all your enthusiasm.

Mim: I will join you in a new hair-do.. (perhaps a little later. . that one still scares me!)

Mar: Welcome back.. . I want to feel renewed. .

GT: I need some of your dedication. . (and some kitty power wouldn't hurt!)

It's time: It is time. . and I'm going to make some time for me, as well. .

Fellow lurkers: come out and play and tell us about yourself. . We just love new ideas and inspiration, no matter what plan you follow. . . It keeps the rest of us going and in line!!
46......BAH.........yer just a baby
Quote:
That's it . . devil Kitty must go. .
haaaaaaaahahaha, I can lend you one or two.........
Quote:
OK.. and one more thing: I do have my loss of 10 pounds this month to be thankful for. . and I can fit into one or two pair of my jeans. . . I have to remember to look at the big picture. . I didn't gain this much overnight, how can I expect to lose it? I can't. . so I just have to keep with the program. .

On that note, gonna grill up some chicken to take to the baseball game this afternoon. . gonna be a long day of hotdog, pretzels and beer. . I'm glad I'm not a beer drinker!! TTFN. .
and the glass is now half full......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
IM2: Sorry it's a day late!

Hey! don't ever feel foolish for feelings. Feelings are not right or wrong. They just are. Sometimes it's just a really cleansing thing emotionally to feel what you feel and let them out. This is a perfect place to vent!! We are a safe soft place to land and we loooooooove you so much!!! So, vent away. It's like an emotional detox.

hey YAM I'll bet I had half of what I usually drink last night...........go me!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread