Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/173/120
WOE: stillman weekdays/Atkins week-ends
Start Date: September 2nd 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Oh, by the way, I have lost 15.5 pounds! It has taken me 6 weeks and I'm very proud of that. It is a 2.5 a week average - not the results others get on Stills but it is good for me. I had stumbles - not just one meal, but a few days in both weeks 4 and 5 and was able to get back on plan and still have a loss for those weeks. And I'm a slow loser, even on plan, even being 100+ pounds overweight. So, my 15.5 pounds in six weeks is a major turning point for me. And for the next several weeks, I'll be able to mostly eat in my own home. I have a seminar to attend all day Monday and Tuesday, which includes lunch. I requested no gluten, low carb. I usually request no gluten with my low carb choices because that way I really get low carb.

hi Mim,

15.5 is Awesome!!!!!! It's heading in the right direction and fast or slow it's just gotta goYeah!

Aleriaaa I'm a bit of a collector aka hoarder too. My solutiion is a new storage shed.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I think you can be on this diet until you reach goal. It's not unhealthy, it's just boredom will set in!! There's only so long you can go on dry tuna!! I think after a long time you do start to have no energy( at least that happened with me) But then you just tweak it slightly--either add in some veggies, or up your fat. I go for the salad. But whoever said 2 weeks? Nooo!!
Wow Getting there!!! Looks like you Got there to me.

I'm tweaking mine now, in the same way you are talking just to have peace with myself. But congratulations on your weight loss! You've done Great!

I'm 5'6'' also, when i was young Eons ago I weighed 110. But I'm aiming for 130 now. I will see when I get there if I should go lower. Praying for all my skin to snap into place as i go. I do believe in Miracles....I do believe in Miracles,,,
Old 04-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

A little plan to help my skin shrink with me

Old 04-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Hi peeps! Quick drive by. Weight still sane which drives me insane but I'll move forwArd. Just wanted to tel mim congratulations ! That is so awesome I cam hear the excitement In your words. How magnificent for you

Hi cc. Francis yam al! Cant wait to catch up
Old 04-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #425
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Yaaaaaaay on the loss Mim!! And on the lose pants!!! Here's to the next 15!!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #426
Big Yapper!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaallllll!!! i really miss you on LCFs!! I think you shoukd give up your job just so you'll have more time! I always think of you listening to GaGa--always!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #427
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Wow Getting there!!! Looks like you Got there to me.

I'm tweaking mine now, in the same way you are talking just to have peace with myself. But congratulations on your weight loss! You've done Great!

I'm 5'6'' also, when i was young Eons ago I weighed 110. But I'm aiming for 130 now. I will see when I get there if I should go lower. Praying for all my skin to snap into place as i go. I do believe in Miracles....I do believe in Miracles,,,
Aw thanks!! I'd loooooove to weigh 110!!!!!!! Your skin will go back--mine basically did--and I was a lot heavier then you!!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok. . I'm home and can type on a real keyboard instead of my phone!! I'm at a stand still . (since Friday) and it is frustrating.. trying to mix it up a little today so hopefully I'll see something positive on the scale tomorrow.

Congratulations all you hard core ex-Fatties (Ala Dr. STillman!). . . GT . .I can't believe how long you've maintained . . that is wonderful. you should be very proud of yourself. . I would say you have it licked and know what works for you, which is half the battle.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hellooooooooo peeps. I know I keep dropping in and out but I hope I can stick to it this time. I wont even mention how much weight I put back on . I am gonna read up on the really old posts when I was rockin' and hope that's thw motivation I need. I have a tray of boneless skinless chicken thighs and some eggs. Gotta prepare myself for tomorrow. Wish me luck....
Old 04-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #430
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Oh Nermo, I'm so glad to see you! I think of you often - your weight loss is inspiring and I look forward to shrinking like you did. I remember all your clothes going to the tailor! And yes, even though you have gained, that does not diminish what you accomplished. Welcome back!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Yayyyy !!!!

Quote:
Good morning! Tis a lovely morning! Tis weigh in morning! Tis the morning that I record a 3 pound loss for the week! Go me! I need a half pound to get into the next set of ten - hopefully I'll see that tomorrow! I had a nice verification that I'm losing inches on Sunday. I put on my Sunday go to meeting pants and not only were they not too tight, they were a bit loose. I hope to see more 3 or more pounds loss weeks. My schedule has settled down and eating in places other than my home won't be as much of an issue in the next few months. I love being on plan!
Great job !!!! Congratulations !!!! I knew you could do it !!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Nice to meet you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hellooooooooo peeps. I know I keep dropping in and out but I hope I can stick to it this time. I wont even mention how much weight I put back on . I am gonna read up on the really old posts when I was rockin' and hope that's thw motivation I need. I have a tray of boneless skinless chicken thighs and some eggs. Gotta prepare myself for tomorrow. Wish me luck....
I am new here .... My name is Christine .... It is good for you that you came back here .... They are awesome for the support , no judgements , all are welcome .... I cannot promise you that you will stick this time .... that is up to you ..... but I can promise you that if you need me to be a friend and get you through some of the rough spots I will .... Good Luck hon !!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=IM2fat;15607025]Ok. . I'm home and can type on a real keyboard instead of my phone!! I'm at a stand still . (since Friday) and it is frustrating.. trying to mix it up a little today so hopefully I'll see something positive on the scale tomorrow.

I know you will get there .... I was stuck too and it finally moved down !!!! I kept thinking positive .... better stuck than up I said and then surprise ....
Old 04-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #434
Senior LCF Member

A total of 10 lbs lost since 4/12/12 not too bad .... My boyfriend's birthday is this thursday I would like to buy a chocolate fudge cake .... he loves chocolate and he knows sweets are my weakness .... he told me to buy him a chocolate donut and put a candle on it .... A sweet guy he is a Taurus good people ....
Old 04-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Great to see everyone here tonight !!!! Have a wonderful Wednesday !!!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:30 AM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ah nermo! So good to see you again. Pop in more often please. The gang is slowly getting back together! And what's even better is we picked up some new friends along the way

As you can see I am back at it too. . . We can do it this time . We've done it before we can do it again life is all about choices so let's choose to do it
Old 04-25-2012, 03:36 AM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angel; taurases are good people my birthday is soon as well. I was hoping to be down a lot more I'll take what I have. Hubby's bday is next week followed by our anniversary my sons 18th graduation and then mothers day and fathers day and. Eek swimming suit season so many milestones and I promised myself none of these days will be reason to overeat I can celebrate enjoying my family,, of course it would be much better if I was a size smaller !!

Speaking of smaller. . . Where is that gosh darn wooosh fairy anyway? Have you been doing your woosh fairy dance? I think I shall get on that. It's time, right?

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-25-2012 at 03:38 AM..
Old 04-25-2012, 03:40 AM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The 2 over the weekend back off. So I'm gonna work extra hard today. No carbs shall touch these fair lips o mine. None I ell you . . NONE
Old 04-25-2012, 03:54 AM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

By the way. Just wanted to share one of the posiitive things about losing 10 pounds: my undies no longer roll down every time I move !!! It's the little things that measure up? What do you love about shrinking?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:04 AM   #440
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicMan
Stats: 328/271/200
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Oct. 2010
Broke into the 260's today! (268.4)

It'stime make sure you drink a lot of water if you're worried about your skin snapping back. It will make a huge difference
Old 04-25-2012, 04:13 AM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
{{{{{{{{{Nerm}}}}}}}}} Welcome back!

WTG MIM!!!!!!!!!! and Magic, go Jerseylicious!!!!!!!!!

hugs all around!

crappy windy, rainy, sleet and chilly all week BRRRRRRRRRR
Old 04-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #442
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I hope everyone has a great day! Being on plan sure makes the rough days a little bit better.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #443
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Oh, by the way, I have lost 15.5 pounds! It has taken me 6 weeks and I'm very proud of that. It is a 2.5 a week average - not the results others get on Stills but it is good for me. I had stumbles - not just one meal, but a few days in both weeks 4 and 5 and was able to get back on plan and still have a loss for those weeks. And I'm a slow loser, even on plan, even being 100+ pounds overweight. So, my 15.5 pounds in six weeks is a major turning point for me. And for the next several weeks, I'll be able to mostly eat in my own home. I have a seminar to attend all day Monday and Tuesday, which includes lunch. I requested no gluten, low carb. I usually request no gluten with my low carb choices because that way I really get low carb.
Wow, Mim!!! 2.5 a week is just awesome and -15.5!! Wooo-Hooooo!!! congrats on the loose pants, the -3 this week, and, I have to say, what an adorable hair cut!!! When are you getting it done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
so..Im down 2 since the last time I posted, which feels like forever ago!!!

gonna update stats!
Yay AL!!! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
A total of 10 lbs lost since 4/12/12 not too bad .... My boyfriend's birthday is this thursday I would like to buy a chocolate fudge cake .... he loves chocolate and he knows sweets are my weakness .... he told me to buy him a chocolate donut and put a candle on it .... A sweet guy he is a Taurus good people ....
WTG on -10! What a sweet boyfriend! Take him up on it for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
By the way. Just wanted to share one of the posiitive things about losing 10 pounds: my undies no longer roll down every time I move !!! It's the little things that measure up? What do you love about shrinking?
I love that I have so many clothes I can choose from now. Instead of trying things on that don't fit or look horrible for showing muffins and rolls, I can just grab something, slip into it and go.

I forgot about a big box I had stashed away. It was like Christmas morning when I found it! Lots of capris and shorts and a couple pairs of pants. One pair of pants I bought 6 years ago and they were too tight when I bought them. Still have the price tag on them. I thought I was going to lose and fit in to them, but I kept gaining. Every spring when I would lose some weight over the past few years, I'd try them on. Nope. too tight. Then I'd gain back the weight. I finally packed away all the "too small" clothes and forgot about them.

Guess what?? Those too tight dress pants?? (they are a mauve color with zipper on the side, no pockets. Very nice for showing off a flat tummy.)THEY ARE TOO BIG!! Big, baggy, they look like clown pants now. I cannot believe it. I missed my window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post

It'stime make sure you drink a lot of water if you're worried about your skin snapping back. It will make a huge difference
Woo-Hooo!!! Into a new decade. Congrats! WTG!!!

Here is a great article on loose skin. If the monitors erase the link, just Google "bodyfatguide and the Myth of Loose Skin".

The Myth of Loose Skin

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #444
Blabbermouth!!!

That article on loose skin is full of good stuff.

He says that if we retain muscle while we lose weight, we won't have any loose skin problem.

The only place I see any problem or potential problem on me is my upper thighs where there is a hint of saddle bags. I'm 57 years old and no loose baggy skin yet. Probably because my body is by nature muscular. Then when I work out I'm strengthening and building muscle.

he also says that people who have lost a lot of weight don't realize that they still have more fat under the skin and that is why it is loose. One example is when he mentions a lady who needs to probably lose 20 more pounds of fat and gain 20 pounds of muscle.

Fat matters. Muscle matters. When it comes to losing weight, it's important to eat lots of protein to preserve muscle. That's why Stillman's and Dukan are great ways to lose!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #445
Blabbermouth!!!

Monday afternoon I went back to the gym for more torture! I did an hour on the elliptical, an hour of resistance workout and then half an hour in the pool with my Aqua Fit water weights.

It was 70 degrees and windy and people were looking at me like I was nuts! The managers have not heated up the pool yet for this year. But, I think those 97 degree days did a good job of heating it up naturally with the sun. It did not feel that cold to me. Very refreshing after a workout.

Today it's raining. I'm going to give it another shot. Should be fun swimming and doing water aerobics in the rain!

I always hold on to weight and even gain a little when I get into my fanatical workouts. I'm hoping that after a few weeks the muscles will do their calorie burning magic and the pounds will start to go. My clothes fit better when I'm working out. I can already tell I look better.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
hi Nermo,
Glad to meet you. I don't remember you from days of old, but I've been on and off this woe. This time I'm planning to stay on till we go camping and then go to Atkins 72 which will be much more fun for camping then back again to Stillmans Try having some soup in a crock pot that really helps me.

thanks MagicMan, I think I need to drink more water anyway. But I bet it does help with skin.

today I lost 2 pound since Monday. I love that.

Im2fat,,,you ask what is it we like about shrinking. I am feeling like a new person.

Thanks for the link Yam,,,I'll check that out

Frances
Old 04-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
wow a lot of posts since my last drive by.

I am so happy to see all of you doing so well.

Nermo! I promise to stick if you do. The last several months have been rough all around but I have felt great the last couple of weeks.

I have been on plan for 8 days and have lost 9 pounds. The last two days the energy came back and I am determined to make it this time.

I am excited to get to know all the new people.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

yayyyyy !!!! I lost another pound and a half this morning .... I better start designing that shrine to Dr. Stillman .... I am so glad to see we are all on track and reading all the posts encourages me more each day .... Im2 I am a Taurus as well, a May one the 16th actually , and my boyfriend tells me I am the bad Taurus the stuborn one ha ! ha ! Well.... to answer the question of what do I like about shrinking me .... My breasts and my stomach are breaking up ha ! ha !
Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post

awesome job MagicMan !!!! yeah, me and water it is a love hate thing .... I love it because it works !!!! hate it well it is soooo boooorinnnng !!!! but on occassions I drink hint water which is amazing !!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

Woo-Hoo, Angel!!! Another pound kicked to the curb!!
Closed Thread