Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Agreed.
Double agree!! hahah

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #392
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Have you ever had one of those days? I have been invited to participate in the 100th anniversary celebration of a church I served. I have never put my doctoral stripes on my robe and decided that I will finally put them on in time for the celebration. So, I have spent hours trying to find information on the measurements for their placement. Grrrr. I can't find anything that tells me what I need to know. And I blame this all on being on plan! Why? Well, because I'm feeling good about myself and want to portray that! I think today however, all I'm portraying is an ability so spend hours searching for something that isn't there! But I'm on plan!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #393
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy522 View Post

Your right I need to just dust myself off, today is a new day. I weighed myself this morning & didn't lose anything, hopefully because its only been a day since i started Stillmans, I don't plan on weighing myself again until Friday. I have been using Pam to cook my food 3-4 sprays each time, do you ladies that will affect my weightloss???
Pam shouldn't affect your weight loss. Most of us tweak things as we go along, so if you find yourself not losing you can cut it. But I really don't think you will need to.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #394
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, and speaking of hair.....what? we weren't speaking of hair? Well, we are now! I am in the mood to change hairstyles. And make-up. I'm not happy with my make-up anymore. Geee, this being on plan and feeling good about myself has wonderful side effects!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
yay Mim! And yay no loathing for us all! A rum indescretion here or fortune cookie there will not derail us in the big (er, small) picture!

Hugs to all!

Watching 'From Hell' with JDepp..........scary yet seductive..........loove him so.....

signing off, DH is having a good day and I just sniped the bid on a darling pair of short Frye booties, yay me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Re: Pam Spray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy522 View Post

Your right I need to just dust myself off, today is a new day. I weighed myself this morning & didn't lose anything, hopefully because its only been a day since i started Stillmans, I don't plan on weighing myself again until Friday. I have been using Pam to cook my food 3-4 sprays each time, do you ladies that will affect my weightloss???
Pam spray is highly used for diets .... I use the butter and olive oil flavours .... hope this has been helpful ....
Old 04-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #397
Senior LCF Member

The scale stayed the same today , it figures because my monthly torture arrived .... I am in disbelief that I have not gained .... In fact my total of 8 lbs. lost before the (TOM) was amazing .... I skipped breakfast today because I felt too yucky .... then I felt the munchies like I get around this time .... so I took a large can of chicken and this amazing sauce Frank's buffalo chicken sauce 0 carbs low cals no fat my kinda stuff !
mixed it mmmm then I took some low fat cottage cheese and seasoned it with ranch flavouring also 0 carbs mmmm... then I wanted that turkey breast with sweet mustard sauce yea I totally indulged .... some espresso and loads of water .... Dinner I grilled about five strips of Chicken cooked in buffalo sauce .... and cottage cheese ranch sauce .... I also had a can of cannfields hotfudge diet soda to give me my chocolate fix ! I avoided my vitamins today cause they make me queasy and I felt yucky as it is .... I am thinking next time I am going to buy ground chicken and grill buffalo chicken burgers topped with low fat cottage cheese ranch yum ! I am going to play the wait and see game with the scale for these few days .... I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend !!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:45 AM   #398
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning friends! I'm almost ready to dash out the door. I am packed and ready to go! Go where? I'm spending the night with my dd. We are expecting up to 8 inches of wet snow which means that I will probably lose power. They have a gas oven. : ) I'm taking my scale so that I don't miss the morning's weigh in. I hope to be able to come home tomorrow evening, but it may be Tuesday - depending on how much we get. At any rate, I'm off. I'll check in later! Happy Sunday!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #399
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
And for the record ..I set my alarm an hour early every morning (up at 5:15 so I can take a bubble bath and read my book!...Tis pretty sad some days, cuz I could sleep another hour if I would just surrender myself to taking a shower in the boy's bathroom.. but there is a method to my madness. . Their bathroom is totally gross (did I happen to mention. . I live with 5..count them.. 5 . of the male species. . and no matter what they say. . they can't aim. .especially in the middle of the night!!. .either way. I refuse to use their shower, which is right next to the commode! My bath is Jacuzzi type so I am forced (wink, wink) to relax every single morning with my coffee, book and bubbles. . . . What. . What? What is that you say? I could exercise. . Egads. . the Horror. .. we shall not speak of this again. . How could I possibly exercise, shower and do this hair/makeup all in one and one 1/2 hours? Not possible to so I give up and jump in the tub for 1/2 hour. . lather, rinse repeat and then .. I complete the rest of my transformation and get on with my day . Sooo. .. .
We have a jacuzzi and DH gets up early every a.m. so he can take an hour long bath and read his paper and books. I'm more of a shower girl and have a huge separate shower in another room.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #400
Blabbermouth!!!

Mim: Have fun! I got a kick out of your posts about the happy side effects about feeling good. So great.

Today is my oldest sister's 80th birthday. We just called and sang happy birthday to her. She said they are supposed to get a foot of snow today! So glad I don't live in PA.

Our temp was in the 90's yesterday. I worked out for 2 hours in the nice air-contidioned gym. Then I threw myself into the pool to cool off. Ahhhhh...so nice.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Hair and Make up ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Oh, and speaking of hair.....what? we weren't speaking of hair? Well, we are now! I am in the mood to change hairstyles. And make-up. I'm not happy with my make-up anymore. Geee, this being on plan and feeling good about myself has wonderful side effects!
Today is crappy rainy day and a day off blah ! I think it is a fun time to do make up and hair ideas and if I screw up I am definitely not going out anywhere unless someone comes here by boat to get me .... It is like the whole northeast coast is under water .... So today I decided what make up I am going to keep mostly my Urban Decay .... Trader Joe's new face moiturizer is a keeper too .... I say make up does not have to cost a fortune to make you look and feel good .... As for my hair I let my bangs grow out relatively long , I am a brunette with honey highlights .... I am definitely due for a touch up .... I have long hair to the middle of my back I would like it to grow it longer to my waist , before I decide to cut it .... next on my agenda today is shoes what to keep what has to go .... I love shoes, boots , sandals, sneakers ect.... you get the picture ? I remember when I went on my first vacation with my boyfriend and I had a suitcase full of all the above mentioned and some .... Because you just never know I told him lol I will never forget the look on my boyfriends face ....
Old 04-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #402
Senior LCF Member

The house smells yummy !!!! I have the roast in the crock pot simmering mmmmm.... For this rainy crappy morning I made two eggs sunny side up I figured let something be sunny .... one egg was a double yoker so I had extra sunny woo hoo ! but I had 2 strips of low sodium bacon .... a no no ... The scale this morning stayed the same which is ok cause of that (TOM) but, I craved that bacon and I swore it was the best tasting bacon ever cause I wanted it soooo bad .... I drank water and espresso it all down .... If the scale goes up tomorrow I will be extra good all week I joined a challenge on here and I will try my best ! Tonight will be the first time I am having a pot roast sans potatoes , carrots and all the veggies I guess my boyfriend will have the green beans and carrots steamed on the side .... I added onion slices and garlic, herbs and spices to the roast but no onions for me .... For those of you who live on the northeast stay dry .... I am a transplant from NYC I left New York to start our business in good ol' Lancaster P.a traded in city life for country life and love it !!!! I go back and forth to New York I definitely miss Lisa my hairstylist she does amazing colour for my hair and yeah I miss the excitement too not the traffic then I scurry back home for quiet , peaceful life ....

Last edited by Angelstill; 04-22-2012 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: wording
Old 04-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
The last two weekends I've taken off and I think it helps me mentally. I don't beat myself up for cheating bc in the grand scheme of thinks I eat flawlessly during the week so with my workouts and long walks I think it works out. I like the fact that I don't overdo it and I don't set myself up to binge out of frustration. I thought I loved my fat and was so bummed to let it go but I've been doing stillmans for a month now and I'm back in my jeans and fitting into my work clothes better every week so that keeps me on track. I thought a month would e hard but I'm psyched to continue super strict next goal is mdw I want to lose at least twenty pounds in the next five weeks. I'm entering te final phase of my workout program and lifting heavier so I'm going to just track my inches-the scale does more harm than good for me mentally so as long as I feel good on this plan I'm going to stick with it. Plus it's so dang cheap- continuously amazed w how much money I'm saving even when I "eat out for lunch" at most it's 4.75 and that includes a drink (and a funny look for getting "just chicken") hoping everyone is having a great weekend!!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Awesome !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
The last two weekends I've taken off and I think it helps me mentally. I don't beat myself up for cheating bc in the grand scheme of thinks I eat flawlessly during the week so with my workouts and long walks I think it works out. I like the fact that I don't overdo it and I don't set myself up to binge out of frustration. I thought I loved my fat and was so bummed to let it go but I've been doing stillmans for a month now and I'm back in my jeans and fitting into my work clothes better every week so that keeps me on track. I thought a month would e hard but I'm psyched to continue super strict next goal is mdw I want to lose at least twenty pounds in the next five weeks. I'm entering te final phase of my workout program and lifting heavier so I'm going to just track my inches-the scale does more harm than good for me mentally so as long as I feel good on this plan I'm going to stick with it. Plus it's so dang cheap- continuously amazed w how much money I'm saving even when I "eat out for lunch" at most it's 4.75 and that includes a drink (and a funny look for getting "just chicken") hoping everyone is having a great weekend!!
Thanks ! Yeah I am trying not to drown here ....
After reading your post this evening .... Made me realize I should start using the gym .... Back in New york I took kick boxing amazing results I think I will break out the round house .... Diet without exercise takes much longer to reach your goal but then that is just my opinion .... Good luck to you !!!!! and Great job !!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Sunday Night Peeps.. up late (as usual) working on the "books" .. I'm taking a break and decided to log in. . been having problems since I got home.. kept telling me it didn't recognize me. . I think my boys hijacked my computer! Neither here nor there. . I was pretty excited to weigh in this morning only to be a tad bit disapointed! I was actually up 2 pounds! I was really good this weekend (in comparision) and thought I'd at least stay the same! Sheeshh. . In the good ole days, I would have consumed a lot more alcohol, a ton of pizza and huge breakfast and would have had even more unmentionables. . but. . I stayed strong. . grilled up more meat. I think the big difference is I did not track my "points" over the weeknd. . guess I'll have to try that. The other big difference was I really didn't have any veggies.. I almost think I need them to trick my body. . doesn't matter. I still plan to lose!! my Birthday is around the corner and I intend to be down 20 pounds total. crossing fingers. . . it'll be tough. .but it can be done, right? right!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You guys are so great. . I love the support. . (Hi Yam!!). Let's do this!!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:45 AM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone! Up early and I'm dragging. I need more sleep. My weight is sane, which doesn't please me. I feel like I've wasted 3 days but I guess I had fun so I need to quit worrying and live life. Snow, snow? Are you kidding me? We've had crazy weather here too but I think I'd die if it started snowing but in Michigan one can never be too sure lol. Ok egg whites and turkey for breakfast. Gonna try to walk today too.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:04 AM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday! Here's to a great week ladies/gents! We've had a great month of losses I can't believe we're at the last week of April was having a bit of a manic Monday trying to find an outit for work-couldn't find the dress I planned to wear today so I had to literally throw on the first pair of pants and sweater I saw-couldn't afford to miss my train lol. For the first time in a long time everything fit perfectly-my closet used to be a whole lot of "can't wear/fit that" so it's a great feeling
Old 04-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

Krissakris: Love reading about how you are fitting into the clothes!!! Doesn't it feel great to be able to grab 'n go rather than putting something on and feeling uncomfortable?? That is a really terrific accomplishment and I congratulate you!!!

CC: Our weather has been nutty! We have gone from freezing, windy, rainy to 97 degrees for several days and now, today is supposed to only get up to 70 degrees and then cooler tomorrow and maybe rain on Wednesday. Nutty! I was just getting used to the 90's and being able to swim in the out door pool. Darn.

I'm off to the gym this morning and my goal is to burn more than 2000 calories according to my HRM. I made it to 1800 Saturday. And that didn't even count the pool. (My HRM is supposed to be water proof, but I never tried it out. Not comfy wearing the chest strap in the water).

OK, I gotta stop blabbering and get moving! Hope everyone has a great week! Let's "git 'er done!!"

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #410
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

The snow has stopped for a bit so I came home. It doesn't appear that I will lose power! Yeah! I'm so glad I took my scale with me 'cause I weighed this morning and I'm down a pound! Tomorrow is my weekly weigh-in. I'm hoping for another pound so that I'll be in the next set of numbers, but if it doesn't happen tomorrow it will happen soon!
Old 04-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

woohoo Mim and all you losers! Glad the power is on Mim! Yam, you're killing us with all that talk of pools and jacuzzis..........lows still in the thirties here! Enjoy!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Hs anyone used almond milk? Good protein shakes are hard to make w just water these days :/
Old 04-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
Hs anyone used almond milk? Good protein shakes are hard to make w just water these days :/
I love almond milk,,,,it settles my tummy too, if it needs to be settled
Old 04-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It'rtime welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #415
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Tis a lovely morning! Tis weigh in morning! Tis the morning that I record a 3 pound loss for the week! Go me! I need a half pound to get into the next set of ten - hopefully I'll see that tomorrow! I had a nice verification that I'm losing inches on Sunday. I put on my Sunday go to meeting pants and not only were they not too tight, they were a bit loose. I hope to see more 3 or more pounds loss weeks. My schedule has settled down and eating in places other than my home won't be as much of an issue in the next few months. I love being on plan!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:12 AM   #416
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

This is what my hair will look like after I get it cut and permed

Morena-Baccarin.jpg

I look just like her - except my hair is blond and I weigh twice as much and then some as she does. And I wear glasses. But other than that, we are twins separated at birth!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Morena-Baccarin.jpg (19.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #417
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, by the way, I have lost 15.5 pounds! It has taken me 6 weeks and I'm very proud of that. It is a 2.5 a week average - not the results others get on Stills but it is good for me. I had stumbles - not just one meal, but a few days in both weeks 4 and 5 and was able to get back on plan and still have a loss for those weeks. And I'm a slow loser, even on plan, even being 100+ pounds overweight. So, my 15.5 pounds in six weeks is a major turning point for me. And for the next several weeks, I'll be able to mostly eat in my own home. I have a seminar to attend all day Monday and Tuesday, which includes lunch. I requested no gluten, low carb. I usually request no gluten with my low carb choices because that way I really get low carb.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #418
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Everyone!!! Im still chuggin along on meat, water, and coffee...My weight hasnt moved much with the addition of fat (chicken legs), and turkey bacon. I feel a lot better with the extra fat, but the turkey bacons got to go! I can eat the whole package. ( btw: has anyone found TB without sugar?) Probaly not, so I wont be buying it again. I might as well stick with the real stuff! or stick to 2 slices.. lol

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Im so happy for you guys!

Kids were just on spring break, and Ive been busy clearing out the basement on my days off (hubby has refeerred to me as a hoarder and I cant let that happen! (im a clean hoarder tho! lol)

Miss you guys, and wish I didnt have a "real" job now that keeps me from posting like I used to! Know that Im always thinkin of ya though, and cant sit down to dinner without rememberin my buds.

HUGS!!

Oh- and welcome to all the new members too! Stillmans rocks- You will have great success!!

BBL!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:15 AM   #419
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
so..Im down 2 since the last time I posted, which feels like forever ago!!!

gonna update stats!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
It'rtime welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! thanks for such a warm welcome CC Nice to see you again!
Closed Thread