Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
6 pounds gone!! Yippee!!!:jump joy:

Thank you Yam Yam ! and welcome back !

That's awesome!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am sooooo excited.. . down another pound . .that makes 11 since last Monday!!! I'm loving it!!! Gotta change my stats and get moving on payroll. . DH is hoovering. .
Old 04-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #363
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Thanks Mim & Im2fat!!! I bought organic eggs and individually packaged frozen chicken breasts, & tons of wild salmon, no tuna though, I don't think I could eat that without mayo. I had 3 hard boiled eggs for breakfast & am having 2 salmon fillets for dinner(baked) & chicken breast for lunch. I'm so excited to lose weight, I'm hoping this is my "miracle" diet, I've been fat my whole life & it always held me back from doing things I really wanted to do as well as made me so self conscious & shy. I don't wanna spend another year overweight & unhappy. I know I can do this! Can't wait to get to my goal of 130!!! So excited!!! Question: Can we use season all? Also how long can I be on this diet, I've read different things that say only 2 weeks but that can't be right because others have been on it for months. Can't wait to lose weight with yall!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Here it goes it is a list so get a pen and some paper :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy522 View Post
Thanks Angelstill! What other vitamins do you recommend besides a multivitamin?
In the morning I started taking Prenatal vitamins and Omega 3's with DHA I am not pregnant this was advised by my gyno for the just in case then I take loads of supplements Maca, Rodiola, Milk Thistle, vitamin D3 5000 I.U , Biotin 5000 mcg lastly grape seed .... There will be more added such as Gingseng ect .... If I had to stick with one it would be Maca !!!!! Love it !!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #365
Senior LCF Member

I knew it !!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I am sooooo excited.. . down another pound . .that makes 11 since last Monday!!! I'm loving it!!! Gotta change my stats and get moving on payroll. . DH is hoovering. .
Yayyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!! I am joining in with the excitement !!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Thank you ! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
That's awesome!!!
Make it 8 lbs total so far !!!! the scale was very kind to me this morning !!!! even with (TOM) on its way ..... If this diet works I will build a shrine to the late Dr. Stillman ....
Old 04-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Here is a lil recipe tip .... for salmon :)

Quote:
Thanks Mim & Im2fat!!! I bought organic eggs and individually packaged frozen chicken breasts, & tons of wild salmon, no tuna though, I don't think I could eat that without mayo. I had 3 hard boiled eggs for breakfast & am having 2 salmon fillets for dinner(baked) & chicken breast for lunch. I'm so excited to lose weight, I'm hoping this is my "miracle" diet, I've been fat my whole life & it always held me back from doing things I really wanted to do as well as made me so self conscious & shy. I don't wanna spend another year overweight & unhappy. I know I can do this! Can't wait to get to my goal of 130!!! So excited!!! Question: Can we use season all? Also how long can I be on this diet, I've read different things that say only 2 weeks but that can't be right because others have been on it for months. Can't wait to lose weight with yall!
At walmarts seasoning section look for Mc Cormicks seasoning kits it comes with a variety of spices the one I modified was the asian salmon I use low sodium soy sauce and instead of honey use stevia/splenda .... it comes with red pepper if you like it spicy ....
Old 04-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #368
Senior LCF Member

okie im outta here will play catch up later with all my friends here !!!! :: hugs ::
Old 04-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #369
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Make it 8 lbs total so far !!!! the scale was very kind to me this morning !!!! even with (TOM) on its way ..... If this diet works I will build a shrine to the late Dr. Stillman ....
Old 04-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #370
Big Yapper!!!!

I think you can be on this diet until you reach goal. It's not unhealthy, it's just boredom will set in!! There's only so long you can go on dry tuna!! I think after a long time you do start to have no energy( at least that happened with me) But then you just tweak it slightly--either add in some veggies, or up your fat. I go for the salad. But whoever said 2 weeks? Nooo!!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #371
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I think you can be on this diet until you reach goal. It's not unhealthy, it's just boredom will set in!! There's only so long you can go on dry tuna!! I think after a long time you do start to have no energy( at least that happened with me) But then you just tweak it slightly--either add in some veggies, or up your fat. I go for the salad. But whoever said 2 weeks? Nooo!!
How long were you on it before you started to have no energy? I'm going to try to do it for a month & I hope to lose at least 20 lbs.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hello newbies and losers! Sounds like a great day was had by all!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #373
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
At walmarts seasoning section look for Mc Cormicks seasoning kits it comes with a variety of spices the one I modified was the asian salmon I use low sodium soy sauce and instead of honey use stevia/splenda .... it comes with red pepper if you like it spicy ....
Yum! I need to try that. It was hard eating plain salmon.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #374
Junior LCF Member

Ok girls so I completely forgot it was my sisters birthday today! I'm a bad sis I know, well we all went out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant & I ordered broccoli shrimp but only ate the shrimp & 2 fortune cookies. I'm so dissapointed in myself, never again will I lose focus. This diet is only for a short period not the rest of my life & I need to commit to it! I know the fortune cookies had about 7 carbs each. I am more dedicated than ever, I was so sad eating it, I didn't even enjoy it, I wish I would have just sipped on tea or water.

Last edited by mommy522; 04-20-2012 at 04:55 PM..
Old 04-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Awwww so sorry :(

Quote:
Ok girls so I completely forgot it was my sisters birthday today! I'm a bad sis I know, well we all went out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant & I ordered broccoli shrimp but only ate the shrimp & 2 fortune cookies. I'm so dissapointed in myself, never again will I lose focus. This diet is only for a short period not the rest of my life & I need to commit to it! I know the fortune cookies had about 7 carbs each. I am more dedicated than ever, I was so sad eating it, I didn't even enjoy it, I wish I would have just sipped on tea or water.
Don't feel sad it is ok , you will be fine .... think positive you will do better next time .... from what you posted you had not too many calories and that is part of dieting.... sooooo this is what you can do if you like .... look at yourself in the mirror and smile then say I went a lil off track, I will do better next time ....
Old 04-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #376
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Don't feel sad it is ok , you will be fine .... think positive you will do better next time .... from what you posted you had not too many calories and that is part of dieting.... sooooo this is what you can do if you like .... look at yourself in the mirror and smile then say I went a lil off track, I will do better next time ....
Awwe you are so sweet! Thank you so much Angelstill! Yes I will do better next time. Thanks hun!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #377
Senior LCF Member

good evening all my friends I hope you all are enjoying your Friday night .... Today I was doing some research on a natural way to help myself with the acid reflux symptoms I suffer at night with it is a cough, spasm ect.... well guess what works for mostly everything including weightloss Braggs organic applecider vinegar .... I will start asap mix it with a lil stevia and take it down like a shot but not as much fun .... Speaking of fun since I started this diet I have avoided going out to eat so I miss many of my favorite meals and one of them is Japanese Hibachi.... I was determined and well I modified up some of my favorite dishes and to make it different and less boring I used chop sticks .... I made Tamago sushi it is an egg omlet made with a lil low sodium soy sauce and stevia no sugar then cooled and cut into squares sans rice and dipped in low sodium soy sauce.... I also made hibachi chicken & shrimp with the asian mustard dipping sauce with sesame seeds it looked so pretty and tasted amazing .... and I decided instead of tuna fish which I am not a fan of I am going to try canned chicken instead of my usual low sodium turkey breast .... Today I skipped breakfast I overslept so I made a yummy fruity tea raspberry royale by Bigelow mmmmm .... took all my vitamins and supplements but had a late lunch of turkey breast cold cuts with a sweet mustard sauce and yes made with stevia lol mmmm espresso too and loads of water !!!! I miss my wine so you know what I will drink sparkling water out of a wine glass with a lemon slice, the garnishes make the meals look so pretty and diet food more appealing .... also getting creative takes away the bit of boredom you get also instead of thinking of what you are giving up create a menu with what you can .... eggs can be made into puffs and baked .... made into crepes and filled with chicken strips or seasoned ground beef , sliced steak or Shrimp or scallops .... Sunday I am making pot roast Im goin to dive right in lol another diet trick of mine share uh huh share your food !
Old 04-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Awwe you are so sweet! Thank you so much Angelstill! Yes I will do better next time. Thanks hun!
Thank you ! and you are much welcome ! read my post and get busy girl come up with ideas and please, share !!!!! good luck hon !!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #379
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
How long were you on it before you started to have no energy? I'm going to try to do it for a month & I hope to lose at least 20 lbs.
Oh ages!!!!! Like a yeae or something!! In the beginning I felt great!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #380
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yum! I need to try that. It was hard eating plain salmon.
I could eat salmon all day everyday--I loooove it!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #381
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Don't beat yourself up-theses things happen, no biggie! Just get back to it!
I also think if you really want to be successful then you have to start thinking of this as a diet for life, albeit most likely a tweaked version. If you do this strictly, lose the weight, say yup I'm done with my diet, go back to your old eating habits, then you will 100% gain the weight back. It's been proven time and time again.
That might sound harsh but it's true unfortunately! This has to be a life long commitment to keep the weight off. But I think that's a good trade off, don't you?

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 04-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Huh? I think you did great! I would have been proud!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #383
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Don't beat yourself up-theses things happen, no biggie! Just get back to it!
I also think if you really want to be successful then you have to start thinking of this as a diet for life, albeit most likely a tweaked version. If you do this strictly, lose the weight, say yup I'm done with my diet, go back to your old eating habits, then you will 100% gain the weight back. It's been proven time and time again.
That might sound harsh but it's true unfortunately! This has to be a life long commitment to keep the weight off. But I think that's a good trade off, don't you?
No it didn't sound harsh at all, its true! I have read time & time again how others lost tons of weight on Stillmans only to gain it right back as soon as they stopped. I plan on staying on low carb after Stillmans except of course adding more veggies & fruits...did you ever take breaks in between throughout that whole year? How much did you lose in that year?
Old 04-21-2012, 06:13 AM   #384
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Huh? I think you did great! I would have been proud!
Thanks hun! I wanted to to do Stillmans hardcore & not cheat, that's why I felt bad but if I didn't eat those fortune cookies or just asked for plain shrimp that would have been great. I need to do this especially for my little one, I was recording us the other day & she's barely 11 months so she doesn't walk very fast & I was chasing her, in the video you can hear me breathing so hard, so out of breath, that was when I'm like I have to do something. You girls are awesome thanks for encouraging me!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

there's more loss if you give up the self loathing when you slide a bit off plan, something we all have or have had to work on. This is a huge issue for bingers and failure.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #386
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! Ooops, I just checked the time - Good afternoon! The grand girls just left so I'm going to have a bit of down time before I begin my chores. I hope you are all having a great Saturday!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #387
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
there's more loss if you give up the self loathing when you slide a bit off plan, something we all have or have had to work on. This is a huge issue for bingers and failure.

Your right I need to just dust myself off, today is a new day. I weighed myself this morning & didn't lose anything, hopefully because its only been a day since i started Stillmans, I don't plan on weighing myself again until Friday. I have been using Pam to cook my food 3-4 sprays each time, do you ladies that will affect my weightloss???
Old 04-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #388
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
No it didn't sound harsh at all, its true! I have read time & time again how others lost tons of weight on Stillmans only to gain it right back as soon as they stopped. I plan on staying on low carb after Stillmans except of course adding more veggies & fruits...did you ever take breaks in between throughout that whole year? How much did you lose in that year?
Yeah it's true!! Those stories scare me big time!!!
In a year I lost 100lbs. For the first c6 months I ate a small salad too everyday, then I dumped the veggies for a while, then kind of had them on and off. I had planned cheats 3 times, Xmas, Easter and vacation. And I worked out the whole time-slowly increasing workouts (I think it was that that really made me have no energy) I was one dedicated girl!! wish I had that willpower now!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #389
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Agreed.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doing well, peeps.. I "overdid" it with the Rum yesterday (no carb) . but Did not Eat anything. Yay me. .

Of course, today I could really use some carbs but I'm hydrating.. .gonna have to grill something for dinner. . I covered some of my leftover ground beef with hotsauce for lunch and scrambled eggs fro breakfast. . Mmmmmm

Gonna weigh in the morning. . .
Closed Thread