Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCNightOwl View Post
Me too! I've been reading through your monthly threads and since I've just switched from Protein Power type LC to Stillman's, I thought I'd join in.

I'm two days in, and so far 4 lbs down (mostly water, I assume). I'm actually shocked that I'm having no cravings and virtually no hunger.

Hey Night Owl! That's great and you can assume it's mostly Weight!!! not matter what. . it counts. . Go you. . Rock it. . . . I love logging in and seeing all the new Peeps! Love hearing about what we all do to be successful. . doesn't it just give your goose bumps!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK . I don't know what everyone else thinks. . but I am soooo addicted to the Big Bang Theory. . Isn't it just one of the greatest show? I just love it and can't stop watching it. it's like a train wreck. I have to keep rubber necking!!!! (My boys got baby ducks and chicks for Easter. . Of course we have one Sheldon Cooper (duck) and one Penny (chick!!). . LOL They are the cutest things!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
drinking ginger ale (diet) ........trying to behave
O .. BE - Have, you!!

YOu, Me = Being good and losing poundage. . Go. .

I can't believe how excited losing a few stupid pounds makes me.. I require so very little these days!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So. . .I scored some tickets to an 80 festival on Friday. a serious one. . They are doing 80 style hair, DJ. . and 80's cover band, Break Dancing, A thriller dance-a-thon. . and everything 80's! It is going to be soo awesome . .( I am a child of the 80's and not ashamed to admit it. ). . but if truth be told. . I seriously wish I was thin enough to break out my Madonna. . like a Virgin. . Get into the grove. . maybe a little Material Girl. . outfit. . .We all know that isn't gonna happen soooo. . what do you suggest? we are supposed to dress 80's like. .my two youngest are going (the older ones have to work and take care of hte baby ducks. . lol!!). .My 11 year old (boy) has hair down to the middle of his back. .so the stylists will have a great time making him look like an 80's hair band rocker!!! I think it'll be so fun and I can't wait to get pix!!! I may have to break out some of my dance moves, as well.. It will be great and think of all the calories I can burn!! The only very bad, bad thing is my favorite popcorn place is right around the corner and they make Dill Pickle Pop Corn!! OMG> . if you've never had any. . buy some! it is totally addictive.. OK. .scratch that.. don't ever buy it. .

See. typing keeps me from eating. . so here I go. .hijacking your thread. . sorry!!! Just tell me to chill . . and I will. .. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-18-2012 at 07:50 PM..
Old 04-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al!!! Where the heck are you. . I'm afraid you and GT are out having a party without us!! come back to us, O lost ones!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Angelstill - don't you just love being a woman! I hope the hormones behave for you today! Hang in there!
Well that was nice of you to wish me well .... I read your posts and you are doing so well .... We all will get there , I can just feel it !
Old 04-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Angel in the hood !

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Me too. .which is why I told Angel to have a hood-cry!! LOL
ha ! yes I did some hood crying today! This morning my boyfriend showed me a documentary that he watched in college. It was the 1979 Academy Award winner for best documentary called "Best Boy", and it was so sad for me to watch that I cried my eyes out while watching it. It is on Youyube if you want to see how sensitive I am lately ....
Old 04-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
Reading the monthly Stillman's logs are what made me join here. You guys seem amazing at supporting eachother and keeping everyone motivated to keep going forward.

I've just recently started back on Stillmans, I've lost quite a bit already, but still have a long way to go.

I have the bad habit of checking my weight daily too, so I'm going to try MakeMeSlim's recommendation of weighing in once a week.

Other than that just gotta keep active and keep eating meat!
I am pretty new here too and I agree it is amazing how supportive my Lowcarb friends are !!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Hugs !!!!

Quote:
Good morning angel! I hope you are feeling better this morning. Just ride that hormonal train and remember it too shall pass ! I was having a heck of a time with mine and doc told me to keep up with midol expecially the day before and it will help. I always waited but the trick is to catch the symptoms before they set in. If all else fails, have a hood cry- sometimes that's what your body needs! Don't worry if the scale doesn't budge too much today just stick with it! I always gain so I was thrilled with only two pounds and they came back off quickly! You can do it!
Thank you so much !!!! my hello kitty number #1 fan ....
Old 04-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Support no kidding ....

Quote:
O My goodness!! What am I going to do. . My Iphone just completely died this afternoon. I have no idea why but I'm soooo lost without it. I can't listen to Pandora at work. . My calendar is gone. . I won't know where to go or what to do. . and get this: The very worst part: I can't check into LCF whenever I want tooo. . .Wahhhh

Plus, I have to sit through a 3 hour awards thingy (NHS) for my kid tonight. . 3 hours!! Speeches, , candle lighting, darkness and no Iphone!! I'm addicted, I'll admit it. . It is almost as bad as my food, Hello Kitty, Clothes and food (that deserves double recognition!!). . . obsession!!!

OK. .I'll calm down and start counting down the hours . . only 16 hours to go. . .
Let me know if you have it fixed yet.... please, I can help you .... I am a computer techs assistant @ Supportonthespot.com
Old 04-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ! :)

whatever works for you girl!

Thank you c.c mmmm gingerale .... always makes my tummy feel better
Old 04-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Hi ! :) Welcome !!!!

Quote:
Me too! I've been reading through your monthly threads and since I've just switched from Protein Power type LC to Stillman's, I thought I'd join in.

I'm two days in, and so far 4 lbs down (mostly water, I assume). I'm actually shocked that I'm having no cravings and virtually no hunger.
and congratulations !!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Awesome 80's yayyyy !!!!

Quote:
So. . .I scored some tickets to an 80 festival on Friday. a serious one. . They are doing 80 style hair, DJ. . and 80's cover band, Break Dancing, A thriller dance-a-thon. . and everything 80's! It is going to be soo awesome . .( I am a child of the 80's and not ashamed to admit it. ). . but if truth be told. . I seriously wish I was thin enough to break out my Madonna. . like a Virgin. . Get into the grove. . maybe a little Material Girl. . outfit. . .We all know that isn't gonna happen soooo. . what do you suggest? we are supposed to dress 80's like. .my two youngest are going (the older ones have to work and take care of hte baby ducks. . lol!!). .My 11 year old (boy) has hair down to the middle of his back. .so the stylists will have a great time making him look like an 80's hair band rocker!!! I think it'll be so fun and I can't wait to get pix!!! I may have to break out some of my dance moves, as well.. It will be great and think of all the calories I can burn!! The only very bad, bad thing is my favorite popcorn place is right around the corner and they make Dill Pickle Pop Corn!! OMG> . if you've never had any. . buy some! it is totally addictive.. OK. .scratch that.. don't ever buy it. .

See. typing keeps me from eating. . so here I go. .hijacking your thread. . sorry!!! Just tell me to chill . . and I will. .. .
hmmmmm.... Joan Jett or perhaps a Thriller Zombie ????
Old 04-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Today was a rainy , cold crappy day I had a bit of running around to do all over the place .... So I decided to make IM2's crock pot chicken mmmmm.... first it was so comforting to arrive home to dinner simmering and being ready and warm ahhhh warm and very delicious I ate it sans lettuce though and sans onions .... for some reason I feel cold lately .... too busy for lunch so I skipped it but my usual breakfast of corse espresso and vitamins and in addition Midols .... I weighed myself I am down half a pound blah ! I must say please, make the chicken recipe it was sooooo good and feel free to send recipes my way I love to cook I drank all the required water but no walk it is rainy and cold .... Tonight I look forward to reading about high protein diets, to do a lil research before I take a warm bath before I snuggle under the covers zzzz .... Thank you very much all of you wonderful friends for all the encouragement to keep us all going strong . A special thank you for supporting me to hang in there even though my hormones are making me a wreck .... hugs to all !!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:23 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Let me know if you have it fixed yet.... please, I can help you .... I am a computer techs assistant @ Supportonthespot.com
Thanks, Angel. . but I think it is time to upgrade it anyway. . The screen is totally trashed as my boy knocked it off the countertop unto a tile floor when it was barely a week old!! I never replaced the screen so it was fairly cracked up. . Tis time . out with the old . in with the new. The only thing I worry about is losing all my pix and contacts (again!!!). I never sync it because my boy hijacked our Itunes account and has downloaded some really questionable rap which I'd rather not listen too. .

O . .and Thriller Zombie might just work .. I can go incognito and no one would be the wiser. next year, however, I shall be rocking the off the shoulder, bedazzled, bangled bracelet. . leg warmer, big haired, hooped earring look~!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-19-2012 at 03:27 AM..
Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. . drumroll .. down another pound. . well almost. .my math is horrible but when I see the digits go down. . that's all I need!!! gonna change my stats right now. . so that makes 10 pounds since last MOnday!! Woo Wee. . .I'm still not feeling it but at least my mental attitude is in the game. . . now. .if I could only kick in my exercise attitude. . all would be great in the world!!

See Angel. . I made it through and even lost 1 pound, hormones and all . . We can do this!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-19-2012 at 03:29 AM..
Old 04-19-2012, 04:16 AM   #287
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! New friends to journey with!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:26 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Good morning!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:28 AM   #289
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

IM congratulations on the loss!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:29 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

IM at an 80s fest..........sounds too fun!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:37 AM   #291
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

How I weigh: I have tried several methods of keeping track of my weight. I've done the every day weigh, once a week, once a month, hide the scale and pretend my weight doesn't matter. All with dismal failure. Everyday fluctuations sent me into binge mode, and once a week or once a month gave me license to eat what I want! So, for the past 5 weeks I've used Yam's method and have been weighing everyday and charting it. This has been the answer! I love looking at my progress, even though it is painfully slow. It took me 5 weeks to lose 12.5 pounds! But putting it on paper gives me the visual I need to see that I am losing!

Last edited by Mim; 04-19-2012 at 04:39 AM..
Old 04-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #292
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Good morning!

Morning, CC! What are you up to today?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

snuck out to burn the trash while the ground is frosty, we have a state wide burn ban until May 15, but I am NOT going to let garbage stack up like a hillbilly until then
Old 04-19-2012, 04:44 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

RIP Dick Clark, the ambassador of rock and pop
Old 04-19-2012, 04:44 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .I have an idea. .Why don't we all share our little "weight Loss secrets" or rules no matter how quirky.. I think it'll be great fun and it might inspire/motivate someone else!

Like. .I believe if I put towels away one at a time while folding them. . I'm getting in extra exercise!

I keep 5 pound weights in my car and do arm lifts at stop lights . .

I drink a glass of water before, during and after every meal. ..

I drink flavored coffee as my little "treat"

If I'm really craving sweets, I drink a Diet Cherry Pepsi!!

I try to put off lunch as long as I can. . I figure. . the later I eat. . the less I'll eat? IDK

I carry tuna with me everywhere (at least when doing LC :-)

I bring too much food to work with me. . "just in case". .
Old 04-19-2012, 04:46 AM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL Oregon man goes through airport screening naked to make the process easier for security........
Old 04-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Occasional sweet tooth means break out the SF Jello or greek yogurt with Splenda and lime juice for that key lime pie feeling............mmmmmmmmmmm.

Having food at the ready is the key. I made three pounds of chik tenders this week so I can avoid the staring into the fridge with nothing to eat and reaching for a bad choice.

I can't wrap my mind around cold food when it's cold out so I have to have hot and cold choices.

Getting to the 70s today so will make up a huge batch of tuna salad to have ready...
Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #298
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OK. .I have an idea. .Why don't we all share our little "weight Loss secrets" or rules no matter how quirky.. I think it'll be great fun and it might inspire/motivate someone else!

Like. .I believe if I put towels away one at a time while folding them. . I'm getting in extra exercise!

I keep 5 pound weights in my car and do arm lifts at stop lights . .

I drink a glass of water before, during and after every meal. ..

I drink flavored coffee as my little "treat"

If I'm really craving sweets, I drink a Diet Cherry Pepsi!!

I try to put off lunch as long as I can. . I figure. . the later I eat. . the less I'll eat? IDK

I carry tuna with me everywhere (at least when doing LC :-)

I bring too much food to work with me. . "just in case". .

I too carry tuna with me - two pouches in my purse!

I park away from store entrances so I have to walk - on nice days, and when I'm feeling virtuous.

Most days I eat a huge breakfast, a smaller lunch and a small dinner.

When I am feeling like I want to eat, I will make something with a lot of flavor. One of the things I really like is ground beef with a spicy salsa on top. It is a few carbs - around 2 per serving, but it really settles my taste buds down and helps with the urge to eat.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #299
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicMan
Stats: 328/271/200
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Oct. 2010
Quote:
O My goodness!! What am I going to do. . My Iphone just completely died this afternoon. I have no idea why but I'm soooo lost without it. I can't listen to Pandora at work. . My calendar is gone. . I won't know where to go or what to do. . and get this: The very worst part: I can't check into LCF whenever I want tooo. . .Wahhhh

Plus, I have to sit through a 3 hour awards thingy (NHS) for my kid tonight. . 3 hours!! Speeches, , candle lighting, darkness and no Iphone!! I'm addicted, I'll admit it. . It is almost as bad as my food, Hello Kitty, Clothes and food (that deserves double recognition!!). . . obsession!!!

OK. .I'll calm down and start counting down the hours . . only 16 hours to go. . .
Take it to the Apple Store ... If you got it wet put it in a bag of rice =)

Believe me I know the phone addiction!!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #300
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicMan
Stats: 328/271/200
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Oct. 2010
Quote:

That's great news! I haven't been real hungry, but I've been killing myself working out so I've had no energy (passed out at 730 or so last night LOL)

Every morning I've been walk/jogging about a mile.
Every day I've been doing the gym at lunch (1 muscle per day) and drinking an ISOPURE (160 cals/40 grams of protein)
Every night I've been doing Rushfit with my brother

I did my morning walk today (no jogging) but think I'm going to skip the gym at lunch cause I'm SORE!!! I feel broken! LOL
Closed Thread