Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krise125
Stats: 239/239/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 5/23/2012
Really need help getting started!!!!

I am starting Stillman's tomorrow. I have tried so many diets and can not seem to stick with any of them for more than a day. In fact, lately I can only diet for half a day. Getting very concerned that my brain and feelings about food are extremely messed up. Why can I not stick to a diet for even one day??

Anyway...I have researched Stillman's and JUDD for a while now and believe that it may be the answer for me (I tried once before but gave up). My first goal is to make it through the first 3-4 days and get into ketosis. Hopefully, ketosis and the loss of hunger will help keep me on plan.

I am so tired of getting up in the morning and feeling mentally and physically heavy. It really is such a burden. I want my children to see me at a healthy weight. I want to get in the pool with them this summer. I have promised myself every summer since they were born that next year I would get in the pool with them. Now they are 13 and 11 (probably don't want swimming with them at this age!!!).

All of your posts are so inspiring. I hope that I can be as successful as all of you. Any secrets to making it through the first few days?

Kristie
krise125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Kristie: I think we have all been there and done that! I finally found my motivation from reading.

I felt at the end of my rope and heard about Dr. Dukan's book, "The Dukan Diet" on Dr. Oz. I went ahead and bought it and when I read it I thought "Hooray! Dr. Dukan is the reincarnation of Dr. Stillman, only better with more modern day science to back him up and more steps and tips to stay on plan. And, he has a plan to maintain!!"

I started Dukan's Attack Diet phase on August 1, 2011 and lost 14 pounds in 10 days! I could not believe it. those 14 stayed off and now I'm down over 35 pounds and very happy.

I'm sure your local library will have the book. Just read the first section (don't pass by the story about "The man who loved only meat" in the preface section) until you really, really have the Attack Diet in your brain and know how to do it.

It will kill your appetite, increase your energy and keep you on plan. You will also understand a lot about what is going on in your body and why you need a "First Decisive Weight Loss" to keep you motivated. You will get it too!

By December, my loss had slowed down and that's when I learned about JUDD. So, I ordered Dr. Johnson's book, "The Alternate Day Diet" from Amazon.com and started reading. I started reading on the JUDD forum.

The loss that had slowed for me, started up again and I am totally a JUDD and IF (intermittent fasting) believer. There is so much science to back it up.

Hop on over to the JUDD forum and start to read. Lots of support there.

Starting with Stillman's tomorrow is a good start. You can lose a significant amount of weight quickly in the first week or two. But, you need something to keep you going. And you need a woe you can stick with for the long term.

There are lots of people on these boards who are so wise, experienced and willing to help.

Tap into it!! Don't do this alone.

Ask any questions you can think of. I will try to find the answer. and double to you!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
hi kristie, you can do it!!!! i lost a 9.8 pounds my first week on stillmans-and convinced it would of been more if my TOM and bloating/water retention didn't start up

i weigh over 300 pounds and feel like i have wasted so much of my life being fat and not living, and i am tired of it. always thinking i will lose weight, blah blah blah, i started getting big around 8 or 9 years old, and had to deal with being the fat kid in my grade (now fat kids are pretty normal, but it was hell then)

if i had to do it over i wouldn't let my fat get in the way of my life, but it did and all i can try to do is try to make a better future for myself

just try one day at a time and try not to get frustrated, and luckily there are some awesome people here, best of luck to you and can't wait to see your progress!
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
This Stillman's is amazing. I've been on it for only two days and have dropped six pounds and 2.5" from my waist already. Well worth getting a headache or a little discomfort. You can do this too! Believe!
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:00 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxylady View Post
This Stillman's is amazing. I've been on it for only two days and have dropped six pounds and 2.5" from my waist already. Well worth getting a headache or a little discomfort. You can do this too! Believe!
Yeah Foxy, way to go!
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Hi krise,

You can do this. Just eat till your hearts content on Stillmans and get into a good ketosis, that helps alot. There is no limit on the food.

You'll start feeling more in control, and going between Judd and Stillmans gets easier. But I've actually slipped up alot and still lost weight.

Last edited by It'stime; 03-30-2012 at 12:05 AM..
Old 03-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

You will feel so much better about yourself in only a couple days! You will really be able to tell the difference.

How are you doing today?????

Hang in there! The feeling of skinny is so much better than "throwing in the towel"!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caitlyn515
Stats: 169/158.4/140
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: April 1 2012
Hey ladies! I am a new member and new to dieting. I'm starting stillmans tomorrow and my goal is to loose 30lbs by may 15! I'm currently 170lbs do you think 30lbs is possible in such a short amount of time? I would love to hear more of your success stories and tips!
Caitlyn515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Caitlyn, it is only April 1st. By mid May you can have been a fine farewell to those 30 lbs. by doing strict Stillman's. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water each day, preferably about 90 oz. Eat all the lean meat you want... beef, chicken, turkey... no pork. Hardboiled eggs. Cottage cheese (low fat). Eat only when you are hungy and only to fill you up! This is easy and works like a dream. But you cannot even chew a piece of sugarless gum. This diet puts you into ketosis so you cannot sway at all. But the good news is... you can shed those 30 unwanted nasty pounds by mid May. Let us know how you're doing!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caitlyn515
Stats: 169/158.4/140
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: April 1 2012
okay so today is DAY FOUR for me and i have lost 3.2lbs. is that average for you guys? i have been eating nothing but chicken breast, eggs, tuna, and i ate some cod for the first time last night. i have not been eating cheese since day one. i felt like i ate too much of it and it made me feel kind of bloated. how is everyone else doing?
Caitlyn515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:18 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Boboelink
I'm thinking to start Stillmans today. It's the only thing that ever worked for me and when I was a teen. That was ages ago. I've tried everything else since then...as I kept most weight off until I hit age 40 and then 30 lbs.[I] slowly crept back on. I've been trying to lose that weight for so long now. I am thinking to going back to my"roots" and what worked for me way back when. I did not know Stillman's was still around--Recently I found I am dairy intolerant so will miss cottage cheese. I do not know whether to do this or regular Atkins Induction as a bit more lenient but seem the stricter I am, the better I do...I start to have little cheats which grow into bigger ones...so hey maybe this will help kickstart my weight loss and feeling good process....Have a good day.
Boboelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boboelink View Post
I'm thinking to start Stillmans today. It's the only thing that ever worked for me and when I was a teen. That was ages ago. I've tried everything else since then...as I kept most weight off until I hit age 40 and then 30 lbs.[I] slowly crept back on. I've been trying to lose that weight for so long now. I am thinking to going back to my"roots" and what worked for me way back when. I did not know Stillman's was still around--Recently I found I am dairy intolerant so will miss cottage cheese. I do not know whether to do this or regular Atkins Induction as a bit more lenient but seem the stricter I am, the better I do...I start to have little cheats which grow into bigger ones...so hey maybe this will help kickstart my weight loss and feeling good process....Have a good day.

glad to have you. Either diet will be a great kick start for you....
Old 04-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
I am a bit confused is stevia or splenda allowed on stillmans ? Thank you in advance !
Angelstill is offline   Reply With Quote