Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jujigirl
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 10-11-04
Two months....33 pounds gone!

WHOOHOOO!!!!

I still have 33 pounds to go before I'm at the weight I was when I got pregnant, but halfway there feels pretty good!! Yay Stillmans!!!
Jujigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
Awesome job! Keep on keepin' on. You are .5 or 1/2 or 50% toward reaching your goal! Congrats!
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks all! I'm now almost 40 pounds gone (with a big cheat day on Sunday, had to celebrate Mad Men lol) in almost 11 weeks. Im beginning to recognize myself again!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Wow!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
congrats!

That's so great! Congratulations!
bcgrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lmg607
I'm starting Stillman's today. 172/f/5'3"/130. I'm so tired of feeling like crap, and I am one of those impatient people that wants to see results fast. I lost 55 pounds on weight watchers, but I went through a huge depression and gained it back. I'd like to lose 20 pounds by mid May. I've always had friends and family that don't have weight problems, so I need a support group. If you guys have any suggestions for me, I'm open.
lmg607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Img607, You can do it. Check out the April Thread. Lots of folks stay pretty pure Stillmans QWL plan and are having great results.....
Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Look at you go, Frances! Wow. . in one month. . you've had wonderful results. . Keep it up!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ju. .you've done wonderful. be very proud of yourself. . :-)
Old 04-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
AWESOME!!!!! Congrats!! This WOE is so amazing for droopping so fast. It takes some dedication and you obviously HAVE it. Good job!
Amgarrett616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Look at you go, Frances! Wow. . in one month. . you've had wonderful results. . Keep it up!!

thanks Im2fat, Nice to see you again
Old 04-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
We can get it done ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg607 View Post
I'm starting Stillman's today. 172/f/5'3"/130. I'm so tired of feeling like crap, and I am one of those impatient people that wants to see results fast. I lost 55 pounds on weight watchers, but I went through a huge depression and gained it back. I'd like to lose 20 pounds by mid May. I've always had friends and family that don't have weight problems, so I need a support group. If you guys have any suggestions for me, I'm open.
I understand how you feel .... maybe look at some of my posts .... I did the two week Special K diet of disaster gained back double .... I will help you .... I am trying a positive focus with this diet .... I love to cook so I make it a project to create something tasty with the limited allowed on Stillmans and so far so good and our friends here post yummy recipes and I tried two so far ! Let's get down on that scale .... Deal ?
Angelstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujigirl View Post
WHOOHOOO!!!!

I still have 33 pounds to go before I'm at the weight I was when I got pregnant, but halfway there feels pretty good!! Yay Stillmans!!!
Amazing job

Never heard of Stillman's before.

Could you tell me what a typical days menu looks like? Do you count calories? Carbs? Fat grams etc.

Thanks
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melisa: Jump on over to the April thread. . lots of advice and help there .but a quickie: Stillmans is almost all meat. . Most of the followers eat Tuna, chicken, eggs and very lean meats. .avoiding processed meats, and high fat .. The great thing. . you don't have to count calories, fat , grams or anything . .you get to eat as much meat as you want. . My first time around, I ate quite a bit and still lost. .

Of course, we've all added our own twist and do what works. the gals over there have a lot of ideas and can be very helpful and insightful. The most difficult, is the first few days and once you de-carb, the cravings go away and the hunger goes away. . it is unbelievable (to me) that one or two boiled eggs will keep me going for hours. . but it does!!! Be prepared for increased energy and quick weight loss.. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-17-2012 at 07:21 PM..
Old 04-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Hi everyone! I'm new to Stillmans starting tomorrow and would love to know what to buy for groceries for Stillmans QWL. This is my list so far: 3 dozen cases of organic eggs, 4-24 packs of spring water, tons of canned tuna in water, maybe salmon if I can find some in bulk, I'm going to stay away from cheese and cottage cheese....any other suggestions? The only grocery store we have here in town is Walmart & I want to buy meat packaged already because its a lot easier for me so any specific suggestions would be truly appreciated! . I also plan on buying a George Foreman grill to grill it all. Like I said I'm new to all this so any tips or info would be appreciated! Here's a bit of info about myself I'm a mommy to a almost 1 yr old, I'm trying to get healthy for myself and for my little one. Stats 25/5'5"/217/130

Last edited by mommy522; 04-19-2012 at 09:29 PM..
mommy522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Hey Melissa and mommy522 - i missed your responses, sorry, i think i have my settings emailing the wrong address, must look into that. Anyhow, you might already have your answers, but here's what works for me:

Breakfast - tons of coffee, 2 eggs and 5 slices of jennie o turkey bacon with nonstick spray

Snack - rolled up deli turkey or chicken or hardboiled egg.

Lunch - 1 or 2 chicken sausages (look for loooow fat), sometimes with mustard or reduced sugar ketchup OR a chicken breast with franks' buffalo wing hot sauce.

snack - hard boiled egg or deli meat.

Dinner - lean steak or lean hamburger or chicken sausages.

That's it! I've found I lose best when i include red meat, and when i try to keep my calories from getting too low. I don't count anything, I just know what I can eat and i eat it when I'm hungry...if one day I eat more than the next, it never shows up on the scale b/c i'm only eating allowed foods. And I know if i don't lose anything for a few days that having a steak will somehow fix things and i'll be down 2 pounds the next day. I drink tea during the day and water (need to up this) and chew gum for dessert.

I think that's it!

Oh, and today is exactly 50 pounds gone in 14 weeks! WHOOHOO!!!

Last edited by Jujigirl; 04-24-2012 at 09:01 AM..
Old 04-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

oh, and another thing, i tend to reward myself every 2 or 3 weeks with a day off....and i mean OFF. I drink wine, i eat almonds, cheese, sometimes desert...the funny thing is i never eat too much of it, b/c i'm still in ketosis. So i have whatever i want, but i'm not focused on eating, which is soooo nice. Then i have to be really strict and jump right back on stillmans' the next day (so have the right food ready for that day!). Usually i'm up a couple pounds for 2 or 3 days and then i'm back to where i was followed by immediately losing a couple more pounds. So even on my cheat weeks I lose 2-3 pounds, and it sometimes jumpstarts more weight loss. The key is to jump right back into stillmans' without blinking an eye!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Amazing that is what happened to me.... I was really strict , much will power for days then went off plan not too much because I felt satisfied ..... then a whoosh five lbs went .... I only eat turkey burgers extra lean and I took out all the extras like the eggs and cottage cheese so I won't stall ......... Good luck it does work !!!!
Angelstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:54 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieb79
Stats: 270/270/Onderland--5'2"
WOE: Stillmans boost, then Atkins
Start Date: May 29,2012 this time
Quote:
Hey Melissa and mommy522 - i missed your responses, sorry, i think i have my settings emailing the wrong address, must look into that. Anyhow, you might already have your answers, but here's what works for me:

Breakfast - tons of coffee, 2 eggs and 5 slices of jennie o turkey bacon with nonstick spray

Lunch - 1 or 2 chicken sausages (look for loooow fat), sometimes with mustard or reduced sugar ketchup OR a chicken breast with franks' buffalo wing hot sauce.

That's it! I've found I lose best when i include red meat, and when i try to keep my calories from getting too low. I don't count anything, I just know what I can eat and i eat it when I'm hungry...if one day I eat more than the next, it never shows up on the scale b/c i'm only eating allowed foods. And I know if i don't lose anything for a few days that having a steak will somehow fix things and i'll be down 2 pounds the next day. I drink tea during the day and water (need to up this) and chew gum for dessert.

I think that's it!

I hope you don't mind, I printed this out and stuck it on my fridge. I need constant reminder. Previous doing Atkins, I've only lasted in two week intervals, and I really enjoyed the plan/food, but for some reason, after two weeks (success each time) I'd get short term memory loss and couldnt thing of what I ate to lose....

This post gives me hope.

Thank you.
annieb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
THIS IS A DREAM GOAL!

Quote:

I think that's it!

Glad to know this is possible...don't know if I can do it, but sure would like to try!
catne is offline   Reply With Quote