Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   Two months....33 pounds gone! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/762969-two-months-33-pounds-gone.html)

Jujigirl 03-16-2012 10:22 AM

Two months....33 pounds gone!

WHOOHOOO!!!! :jumpjoy:

I still have 33 pounds to go before I'm at the weight I was when I got pregnant, but halfway there feels pretty good!! Yay Stillmans!!!

Yam-Yam 03-16-2012 10:39 AM

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

foxylady 03-28-2012 07:49 PM

Awesome job! Keep on keepin' on. You are .5 or 1/2 or 50% toward reaching your goal! Congrats!

It'stime 03-28-2012 07:57 PM

:clap::clap::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::high5::high5:

Jujigirl 03-30-2012 07:57 AM

Thanks all! I'm now almost 40 pounds gone (with a big cheat day on Sunday, had to celebrate Mad Men lol) in almost 11 weeks. Im beginning to recognize myself again!

It'stime 03-30-2012 09:01 AM

Wow!:jumpjoy::high5::sing::sing::sing::clap::clap: :clap:

bcgrown 03-30-2012 02:49 PM

congrats!

:jumpjoy:

That's so great! Congratulations!

lmg607 04-02-2012 08:28 AM

I'm starting Stillman's today. 172/f/5'3"/130. I'm so tired of feeling like crap, and I am one of those impatient people that wants to see results fast. I lost 55 pounds on weight watchers, but I went through a huge depression and gained it back. I'd like to lose 20 pounds by mid May. I've always had friends and family that don't have weight problems, so I need a support group. If you guys have any suggestions for me, I'm open.

It'stime 04-02-2012 04:55 PM

Hi Img607, You can do it. Check out the April Thread. Lots of folks stay pretty pure Stillmans QWL plan and are having great results.....

IM2fat 04-02-2012 09:18 PM

Look at you go, Frances! Wow. . in one month. . you've had wonderful results. . Keep it up!!

IM2fat 04-02-2012 09:19 PM

Ju. .you've done wonderful. be very proud of yourself. . :-)

Amgarrett616 04-03-2012 11:29 AM

AWESOME!!!!! Congrats!! This WOE is so amazing for droopping so fast. It takes some dedication and you obviously HAVE it. Good job!

It'stime 04-04-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM2fat (Post 15550114)
Look at you go, Frances! Wow. . in one month. . you've had wonderful results. . Keep it up!!

thanks Im2fat, Nice to see you again:)

Angelstill 04-16-2012 10:39 AM

We can get it done ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmg607 (Post 15548053)
I'm starting Stillman's today. 172/f/5'3"/130. I'm so tired of feeling like crap, and I am one of those impatient people that wants to see results fast. I lost 55 pounds on weight watchers, but I went through a huge depression and gained it back. I'd like to lose 20 pounds by mid May. I've always had friends and family that don't have weight problems, so I need a support group. If you guys have any suggestions for me, I'm open.

I understand how you feel .... maybe look at some of my posts .... I did the two week Special K diet of disaster :cry: gained back double .... I will help you .... I am trying a positive focus with this diet .... I love to cook so I make it a project to create something tasty with the limited allowed on Stillmans and so far so good and our friends here post yummy recipes and I tried two so far ! Let's get down on that scale .... :shake: Deal ?

melisa82 04-17-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jujigirl (Post 15500125)
WHOOHOOO!!!! :jumpjoy:

I still have 33 pounds to go before I'm at the weight I was when I got pregnant, but halfway there feels pretty good!! Yay Stillmans!!!

Amazing job :jumpjoy:

Never heard of Stillman's before.

Could you tell me what a typical days menu looks like? Do you count calories? Carbs? Fat grams etc.

Thanks

IM2fat 04-17-2012 06:19 PM

Melisa: Jump on over to the April thread. . lots of advice and help there .but a quickie: Stillmans is almost all meat. . Most of the followers eat Tuna, chicken, eggs and very lean meats. .avoiding processed meats, and high fat .. The great thing. . you don't have to count calories, fat , grams or anything . .you get to eat as much meat as you want. . My first time around, I ate quite a bit and still lost. .

Of course, we've all added our own twist and do what works. the gals over there have a lot of ideas and can be very helpful and insightful. The most difficult, is the first few days and once you de-carb, the cravings go away and the hunger goes away. . it is unbelievable (to me) that one or two boiled eggs will keep me going for hours. . but it does!!! Be prepared for increased energy and quick weight loss.. .

mommy522 04-19-2012 08:24 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new to Stillmans starting tomorrow and would love to know what to buy for groceries for Stillmans QWL. This is my list so far: 3 dozen cases of organic eggs, 4-24 packs of spring water, tons of canned tuna in water, maybe salmon if I can find some in bulk, I'm going to stay away from cheese and cottage cheese....any other suggestions? The only grocery store we have here in town is Walmart & I want to buy meat packaged already because its a lot easier for me so any specific suggestions would be truly appreciated! :). I also plan on buying a George Foreman grill to grill it all. Like I said I'm new to all this so any tips or info would be appreciated! Here's a bit of info about myself I'm a mommy to a almost 1 yr old, I'm trying to get healthy for myself and for my little one. Stats 25/5'5"/217/130

Jujigirl 04-24-2012 08:00 AM

Hey Melissa and mommy522 - i missed your responses, sorry, i think i have my settings emailing the wrong address, must look into that. Anyhow, you might already have your answers, but here's what works for me:

Breakfast - tons of coffee, 2 eggs and 5 slices of jennie o turkey bacon with nonstick spray

Snack - rolled up deli turkey or chicken or hardboiled egg.

Lunch - 1 or 2 chicken sausages (look for loooow fat), sometimes with mustard or reduced sugar ketchup OR a chicken breast with franks' buffalo wing hot sauce.

snack - hard boiled egg or deli meat.

Dinner - lean steak or lean hamburger or chicken sausages.

That's it! I've found I lose best when i include red meat, and when i try to keep my calories from getting too low. I don't count anything, I just know what I can eat and i eat it when I'm hungry...if one day I eat more than the next, it never shows up on the scale b/c i'm only eating allowed foods. And I know if i don't lose anything for a few days that having a steak will somehow fix things and i'll be down 2 pounds the next day. I drink tea during the day and water (need to up this) and chew gum for dessert.

I think that's it!

Oh, and today is exactly 50 pounds gone in 14 weeks! WHOOHOO!!!

Jujigirl 04-24-2012 08:07 AM

oh, and another thing, i tend to reward myself every 2 or 3 weeks with a day off....and i mean OFF. I drink wine, i eat almonds, cheese, sometimes desert...the funny thing is i never eat too much of it, b/c i'm still in ketosis. So i have whatever i want, but i'm not focused on eating, which is soooo nice. Then i have to be really strict and jump right back on stillmans' the next day (so have the right food ready for that day!). Usually i'm up a couple pounds for 2 or 3 days and then i'm back to where i was followed by immediately losing a couple more pounds. So even on my cheat weeks I lose 2-3 pounds, and it sometimes jumpstarts more weight loss. The key is to jump right back into stillmans' without blinking an eye! :)

Angelstill 05-30-2012 07:52 PM

Amazing that is what happened to me.... I was really strict , much will power for days then went off plan not too much because I felt satisfied ..... then a whoosh five lbs went .... I only eat turkey burgers extra lean and I took out all the extras like the eggs and cottage cheese so I won't stall ......... Good luck it does work !!!!

annieb79 05-31-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jujigirl (Post 15605906)
Hey Melissa and mommy522 - i missed your responses, sorry, i think i have my settings emailing the wrong address, must look into that. Anyhow, you might already have your answers, but here's what works for me:

Breakfast - tons of coffee, 2 eggs and 5 slices of jennie o turkey bacon with nonstick spray

Lunch - 1 or 2 chicken sausages (look for loooow fat), sometimes with mustard or reduced sugar ketchup OR a chicken breast with franks' buffalo wing hot sauce.

That's it! I've found I lose best when i include red meat, and when i try to keep my calories from getting too low. I don't count anything, I just know what I can eat and i eat it when I'm hungry...if one day I eat more than the next, it never shows up on the scale b/c i'm only eating allowed foods. And I know if i don't lose anything for a few days that having a steak will somehow fix things and i'll be down 2 pounds the next day. I drink tea during the day and water (need to up this) and chew gum for dessert.

I think that's it!

:goodpost:

I hope you don't mind, I printed this out and stuck it on my fridge. I need constant reminder. Previous doing Atkins, I've only lasted in two week intervals, and I really enjoyed the plan/food, but for some reason, after two weeks (success each time) I'd get short term memory loss:doh: and couldnt thing of what I ate to lose....

This post gives me hope.

Thank you.

catne 06-02-2012 11:16 AM

THIS IS A DREAM GOAL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jujigirl (Post 15605906)

I think that's it!

Glad to know this is possible...don't know if I can do it, but sure would like to try!