Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kkrt7210
Stats: 240/240/170
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 3/11/12
1st time doing Stillmans

Hey, all. I am going to start Stillman's tomorrow for the first time. After a lot of research and thought, I've decided that I am going to do it for two weeks, and then reevaluate. Let me tell you a little about my WOE over the past few years. I have lost 50 lbs twice on weight watchers. I've also gained it back. I started attending weight watchers again since the beginning of this year, but have gone back and forth with the same 15 lbs. However, I am getting married in six months. Due to binge eating, I have gained 65 lbs in the past year. I need to do something drastic to get this off, and Stillmans seems like my answer right now. I am used to all the support on the weight watchers message boards, and that's why I'm here. I see that it's not a very active board, but I'd like to try and check in with you all throughout the week, talk about food, challenges, etc. I'm about to clean out my fridge & go food shopping. Aside from cottage, what sort of cheese do you guys buy? Do you eat string cheese? Could I add feta or goat cheese to my eggs? I googled pot cheese, but am still clueless. Thanks!

-Karen
Kkrt7210 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi Karen: I posted a message to you on the March thread.

I read Dr. Dukan's book last summer and thought, wow! Dukan is like a modern day Dr. Stillman! Dukan's Attack diet is almost identical to Stillman's except he encourages fat free, lactose free milk and fat free, plain Greek yogurt. His book is pretty motivating and you might want to read it as you are starting out with the Stillman plan.

I lost 14 pounds in 10 days doing Dukan's Attack plan and then moved into the Cruise plan where you can add in non-starchy vegetables every 2 days. By the end of december I was down 28 pounds and then discovered the JUDD forum on this LCF site. Decided to check it out.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on the JUDD boards and I've been doing LC (Stillman/Dukan) along with JUDD. (Johnson's Up Day Down Day Diet). I've lost 6 more pounds this way and have lost a lot of inches.

I started out in August wearing tight size 18 jeans and now I'm wearing comfortably loose size 12's (same store, same brand, same style so I won't be fooled by vanity sizing!)

Anyway, good luck on your journey! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
Start Date: 5/16/12
Lemme offer you a jumpstart word of advice to save you time:Your best bet is to skip the cheese. Stick to the guidelines - don't add anything. Eat lean meat and water. Only.

If you do it right - you'll save time, frustration, and get results. (no sugar free anything, either)

Meat. Water.
SillyErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beowulf
Stats: 148/141/130 | 5'6"
WOE: Stillman/Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyErin View Post
Lemme offer you a jumpstart word of advice to save you time:Your best bet is to skip the cheese. Stick to the guidelines - don't add anything. Eat lean meat and water. Only.

If you do it right - you'll save time, frustration, and get results. (no sugar free anything, either)

Meat. Water.
Do you ever get headaches from eating just meat for long periods? I've read elsewhere that you tend to follow your plan for 5 days followed by a break. Just wondering whether you've noticed headaches and what you do for them.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kkrt7210
Stats: 240/240/170
Start Date: 3/11/12
Thanks for all the advice! I just logged in to post my first meal for the day, and saw what you said about the cheese. (I added feta to my eggs). I'll keep that in mind!
Kkrt7210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I'll get headaches if I get sloppy with my Stillman days and let cheese or "carb creep" set in (nuts are a trigger food)- then try to switch back to 100% meat. But it's only for a couple days, once I get the habit back in play - after that, I don't get them.

I'm soooo carb sensitive - but for some reason, if I keep my Stillman days really, really clean - I have no problem with a planned cheat day. Self control is also rock solid - when I eat 100% meat only. Add cheese or anything sugar-free and it's a snow ball effect -

People on long term Stillmans ( this is the only way I want to eat forEVER) should really not do it long term (I do it in cycles) - I never go more than 10 days without a break.

At best you'll break your thyroid and weight loss slows to a halt doing it long term.

I helped my brother go from 280 to 180 in 7 months on it - he cheated at least twice a week. Once he stopped protein shakes and mustard (per my advice) and went 100% steak, he had to cheat every 2 or 3 days because the weight would pour off him!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swella73
Stats: 230/199.6/165
WOE: Atkins - converting to HHCG!!
Start Date: January 18, 2011
WOW, you are really focused!!

I would love to try this...but I have a few questions?!

I was wondering, how many times per day do you actually eat? Are you skipping breakfast or eating steak for breakfast as well? Also, any particular reason why steak is your meat of choice?? Does it help with the weightloss or just personal preference?

Final question...when you take a break...do you eat low carb??

Thanks in advance!!
swella73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lbecker28
WOE: M&E
Yes, I was wondering about the steak too. How many times per day? What kind of steak? I just might try this as I do seem to lose well with beef.
lbecker28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
Cheese is allowed on Stillmans... but only low fat cheese. That's why the lowfat cottage cheese and farmer's cheese is allowed. Everyone's body is a bit different. I ate a bit of regular cheese on top of meat yesterday and still lost 2#. You can try it and see what happens with you. I enjoy the lowfat cottage cheese almost every day. I also eat hard boiled eggs or Egg Beaters.

You can eat as often as you are hungry. Just eat until you are satisfied and then QUIT eating until you get hungry again. You should be eating 5 or 6 times a day.

You will have great results. Make sure to drink 8-10 glasses of water each day.
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

I fast-5...I have an eating window of 5pm-10pm.

I absolutely eat NO cottage cheese - I will lose nothing.

VERY RARELY do I eat cheese - if I do - its low fat mozz string cheese.

I'm actually on to chicken right now -

When I take a break, I make sure im already in ketosis - I do not eat low carb. If youre in ketosis you wont binge on junk - I eat healthy alternatives. But I do eat ice cream - and ONE MEAL of what I want, not an entire binge day.

You can eat as much as you want for the first couple days of Stillmans - unless you have overeating issues - watch the amount you take in.

Too much protein and the body turns it to glucose. Do not allow yourself as much protein as you want. Do not binge on lean meat -

This is why people fall off the wagon and claim Stillmans "didnt work"

<---- take it from someone who lost a lot of weight and got to a low weight on this plan
Old 04-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Wow you lost alot of weight with just meat and water ! I have a sweet tooth.... I would give it a try but I also cannot break up with cheese congratulations !
Angelstill is offline   Reply With Quote