Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   Stillman's Springing into March Skinnies! :jumpjoy: (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/760475-stillmans-springing-into-march-skinnies-jumpjoy.html)

CCGirl 03-01-2012 11:53 AM

Stillman's Springing into March Skinnies! :jumpjoy:

Join us for a Lovely losing Spring the Stillman weigh!:cool:

Mim 03-01-2012 01:46 PM

well, um, I just got back from lunch with my daughter. We went to Red Lobster - it is her birthday! I did not eat on plan but I didn't go crazy. I have a dinner out at a restaurant tonight before a meeting. I'll be on plan there. And I'll be on plan the rest of the week because even tough we are celebrating DD's birthday with cake that me and the granddaughters will make on Saturday, I won't be tempted to eat any. I much prefer being on plan to the way I feel right now!

Mim 03-01-2012 01:48 PM

Yam, I'm with you on not setting weight loss goals that are tied to dates. It is a set up! Our bodies will lose at their own rate. I feel god when I know I'm on plan and exercising. The rest takes care of itself!

Mim 03-01-2012 01:55 PM

Becky, I wear this shoe a lot! Rieker L1756 Celia 56 at Zappos.com I just ordered another pair. I wear it till it wears out and then get another one! It is funny because this is the only style of Reiker that fits right and it fits great!

Yam-Yam 03-01-2012 02:23 PM

Just marking my spot, Kids! :jumpjoy: I CANNOT WAIT TIL SPRING:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

CCGirl 03-01-2012 03:51 PM

MIM, so glad you are feeling better. Lobster mmmmmmmmmmm

als9503 03-01-2012 07:26 PM

:hiya: Just checking in. This morning I was at 143.8 so I'm already starting to lose the puffy body that Aunt Flo so generously bestows upon me every month.

My birthday is Saturday, so I will be celebrating too Mim. I was going to alllow myself some cake and such, but I have decided that I will not use my birthday as a reason for eating sugar and carbs. I need to make this my LIFESTYLE.

Yam-Yam 03-01-2012 09:48 PM

Looks like I'm not the only one who will be celebrating on Saturday. DH and I will mark our 39th wedding anniversary. Yep. 39 years ago on March 3 we got married on his Mom's birthday. He joked to her that I was her birthday present! lol. We are going to our country club for dinner and I think I will have the prime rib special.

Last time I had it, the server informed me that I could exchange the baked potato for an double portion of steamed asparagus. That's what I did and am planning to again unless they have a nice white fish or salmon that catches my fancy. There will be red wine involved. :eek: But not a large amount. :hyst:

DH is still following me lead and eating healthy. He is down 15 pounds and told me he went to an on line BMI calculator today and checked it out as I recommended. Can't believe he is finally listening! Wooo-Hoooo! It's way more fun to have someone close trying to lose weight along side of me. :high5:

I had an excellent day today. Kept the calories low and only ate protein. That's a good day. :D:up:

makemeslim 03-02-2012 03:11 AM

Als
I read your post in the Feb thread. I can totally hear you. This is such a successful diet if you can just stick to the rules and get through the first few days which are always the worst for me and it is during this time that I tend to screw up...thing is, once real ketosis kicks in after the first 3/4 days, it is so easy! I find I can only truly reach this state if I go hardcore and that for me means limiting my sugar free drinks to two a day and only having a tiny amount of dairy... usually in the form of a bit of mayo to add to my tuna or a very small amount of LF cheese. I am not keen on cottage cheese so tend to have laughing cow (processed I know) or a Low fat hard cheese. I personally don't do well with FF Greek yoghurt which is a shame because I love it!

makemeslim 03-02-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als9503 (Post 15459385)
:hiya: Just checking in. This morning I was at 143.8 so I'm already starting to lose the puffy body that Aunt Flo so generously bestows upon me every month.

My birthday is Saturday, so I will be celebrating too Mim. I was going to alllow myself some cake and such, but I have decided that I will not use my birthday as a reason for eating sugar and carbs. I need to make this my LIFESTYLE.

That is the spirit! Well done you and just in case I don't get on here tomorrow... :sing:Have a wonderful birthday!:sing:

makemeslim 03-02-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15459611)
Looks like I'm not the only one who will be celebrating on Saturday. DH and I will mark our 39th wedding anniversary. Yep. 39 years ago on March 3 we got married on his Mom's birthday. He joked to her that I was her birthday present! lol. We are going to our country club for dinner and I think I will have the prime rib special.

Last time I had it, the server informed me that I could exchange the baked potato for an double portion of steamed asparagus. That's what I did and am planning to again unless they have a nice white fish or salmon that catches my fancy. There will be red wine involved. :eek: But not a large amount. :hyst:

DH is still following me lead and eating healthy. He is down 15 pounds and told me he went to an on line BMI calculator today and checked it out as I recommended. Can't believe he is finally listening! Wooo-Hoooo! It's way more fun to have someone close trying to lose weight along side of me. :high5:

I had an excellent day today. Kept the calories low and only ate protein. That's a good day. :D:up:

Enjoy your anniversary Yam. Wow, 39 years...please tell me what the secret is!

makemeslim 03-02-2012 03:40 AM

GT, hi there friend...hope you and yours are feeling better.:hugs:

makemeslim 03-02-2012 03:43 AM

Will be having salmon for lunch... I always lose well with oily fish. Isn't there something about cod liver oil speeding up the metabolism? Yes, I'm sure there is!

CCGirl 03-02-2012 05:01 AM

O lots of celebrating this weekend, hope a good time is had by all!!!!!!!

desifink 03-02-2012 06:26 AM

:birthday: ALS and Happy Anniversary Yam! Hope your days are good ones. :) There are some great sites out there with low-carb dessert (cake!!!) recipes...;)

I'm down 1.8 today. Woo hoo!! TMI alert: I :sick: in the bushes at boot camp last night. I've been doing boot camp for 2 years, and I jog 4 - 5 days a week, so it's not like I'm not used to the workout. My trainer says it's because my blood sugar got too low as a result of no carbs. So I may have to modify my diet to include some carbs (fruit) before/after a workout. I came home & ate some blueberries and LF greek yogurt and felt SO much better. Does anybody else workout regularly on Stillman's? Do you make any modifications to your diet as a result?

Happy Friday everyone! :jumpjoy:

CCGirl 03-02-2012 11:32 AM

Des, we used to have a fitness nut here (besides GT) who would amp up on protein and added fat to her menu before working out. See if that helps. (I'm a carb assassin, I refuse to eat them.)

Getting there!!! 03-02-2012 12:57 PM

Hi peeps! Marking my spot--so I don't have to trawl through LCF to find the thread!! Nothing to report-still sick. And i've been eating toast and jam-sorry, just can't to Stills sick!! Anyway--shall be better soon so BBL!

Yam-Yam 03-02-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makemeslim (Post 15459812)

Ummmmm.....pick the right guy. :hyst: Always be patient. :hyst: Have lots of great s$%#@x. :rofl::rofl::rofl: (me rolling in the hay!:lol:) can I say that? :eek: Did I just say that??:clap::up:

Yam-Yam 03-02-2012 04:11 PM

als: :birthday:!!!

Yam-Yam 03-02-2012 04:14 PM

Heather: Congrats on the great Weight Loss!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:Wtg!!:high5:

Oh, so sorry about the barfing! Yuckers! I would break down and have an apple with some great protein. :dunno:

GT: Hope you feel better!:cry:

CCGirl 03-02-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15458564)
Just marking my spot, Kids! :jumpjoy: I CANNOT WAIT TIL SPRING:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Yam, you smokin' in that short doo, it makes you look barely forty. Is it longer now?

CCGirl 03-02-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makemeslim (Post 15459812)

three TV's, two PC's............and a man cave to get them out of the house! :laugh:

CCGirl 03-02-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getting there!!! (Post 15461380)
Hi peeps! Marking my spot--so I don't have to trawl through LCF to find the thread!! Nothing to report-still sick. And i've been eating toast and jam-sorry, just can't to Stills sick!! Anyway--shall be better soon so BBL!

O GT I've been worried.......you've not been sick this long in two years.....:console:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15461806)
Ummmmm.....pick the right guy. :hyst: Always be patient. :hyst: Have lots of great s$%#@x. :rofl::rofl::rofl: (me rolling in the hay!:lol:) can I say that? :eek: Did I just say that??:clap::up:

:clap::up::rofl:

Mar922 03-02-2012 10:22 PM

Popping in to say hi!

Happy Bday AlS and happy anniversary Yam!

CCGirl 03-03-2012 08:37 AM

http://www.commentsexy.com/Images/Go...d-morning1.gif

CCGirl 03-03-2012 08:38 AM

I couldn't find a good morning Hotties image........off to shovel snow!!!!!!!!!!

Mim 03-03-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mar922 (Post 15462578)
Popping in to say hi!

Happy Bday AlS and happy anniversary Yam!

What she said!

:jumpjoy:

Yam-Yam 03-03-2012 09:12 AM

CC: Do you mean the head shot photo in my profile album? That was taken by my son in December of 2009, so I was 55. :eek: Yes, it's longer now. My hair grows really fast and other than trimming the ends now and then, I'm letting it go wild.

My avatar picture was taken when I was 49 at a retro fashion show. That was back when I weighed 170 and would never, ever think of telling anyone how much I weighed!!:stars::p I thought I was fat-fat-FAT! :rofl::rofl: I think the old weight charts made me nuts. Newer ones that take into consideration age, gender, height and body type (large frame, muscular) are waaaaay more realistic.

Dukan and Jorge Cruise both give me an allowance of 178. So now I can see that I was NOT fat!!!

I had a young guy pick me up to toss me in a swimming pool once. He shrieked! OMG you weigh more than you look like you weigh. :hyst:

My scale number is still @ 196 this morning. Yay! I'm going to enjoy our anniversary dinner tonight! Lots of meat and wine. :yummy:

als9503 03-03-2012 11:42 AM

Thank you everyone, for the birthday wishes! :love: I am having a great day so far. I woke up to a 1.8 lb. loss! :jumpjoy: Then I went to get a mani/pedi and soon I will be leaving for lunch with my family. We are going to a buffet so I am sure I will find something suitable to eat, and lots of it! :yummy:

I am so proud of myself. Last night I went out with my brother and watched him eat an entire platter of nachos. I did not touch a single chip. Yay me! :D

To everyone else celebrating a special occasion today - ENJOY and HAVE FUN!!! It is possible to party hard and eat responsibly. :sing:

Yam-Yam 03-03-2012 05:42 PM

Great loss Als!!!:jumpjoy: And WTG on avoiding nachos!!!:notwrthy::notwrthy:

We spent the day touring one of the old west town and wandering in and out of shops. Very fun. Super sunny, warm day. Just beautiful.

I washed my hair, mowed my legs and will slap on some war paint before our celebration dinner. Fun day! I'm saving up for tonight when I can have a huge hunk of meat and lots of wine!:steak: