Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #181
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 59
Gallery: runnah262
Yam wow ur such inspiration god bless!
runnah262 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #182
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 59
Gallery: runnah262
runnah262 is offline  
Old 03-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,260
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Thanks you guys! One thing I've learned for sure is that I have to find out what works for me and do it. If mixing different plans like Dukan/Stillman/Judd works, then I'm happy! Oh, and I still track my food on weight watcher's on line tracker.
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 04:22 AM   #184
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I've lost my first pound of the week! My weigh in is Tuesday and yesterday the scale stayed the same but today I'm down a pound! I love dropping weight early in my week, 'cause then I know I'll show a loss for the week! I have a meeting over lunch today. It is at a restaurant that has good choices for me. I'm thinking I'm going to get a meal salad - probably steak. I'm going to have another look at the menu and decide before I get there.
Mim is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #185
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 59
Gallery: runnah262
I messed up
Ate 4 table spoons of skippy PB after I kick boxed I was staving amd it was 10PM and couldn't cook eggs I live with my family I feel full still and worked out thus morning but I feel like a loser I'm kickboxing again tonight and have thrown Out the jar Of skippy

I feel like a failure
runnah262 is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
nunn, self loathing is a no no. Loving yourself is. There are no failures, just small steps in the journey. You came, you tasted, you saw it was not worth it and you moved on. BRAVO!!!!!!!

Your body needed the fat, IMHO. Any gain you see will probably be salt. Next time eat it before you workout. Get some cashew or almond butter to replace the Skippy, it has waaaaaay too much salt.

We can do it!
CCGirl is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #187
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 59
Gallery: runnah262
Hey CCgirl,

Thank you for ur words I def needed it. Thanks former suggestions and I know this sounds nuts but I'm a big time binger amd I'm proud of myself for not going and eating a
Box of cookies or whatever else is in my house and that I ate peanut butter instead BUT I'm not making excuses amd it will not happen again!

Thanks for ur support u made me feel much better

Danielle
runnah262 is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,260
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Danielle: BTDT!!!!! We all have. But success will mean moving on. Was just reading Dr. Herring's book and he talks about weight loss being like a big hill covered with sand. When we start climbing, we are going to slip a few times.

"You are invited to climb the hill. No one can climb it for you. If you slip, the hill does not get any higher. It remains, awaiting your next effort. No matter how many times you slip, if you make a tiny bit of progress each time you will get to the top!."
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #189
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Danielle - let me echo what CC and Yam said! Congratulations for being able to spot a difficulty and remedy it by getting rid of the problem food! Well done!
Mim is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #190
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 59
Gallery: runnah262
Thank you all your all amazing! I wouldn't even been able to come this far without all thr moral support and stories of success from all of u . I'm glad that I found this board ur all so supportive !!
runnah262 is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,260
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnah262 View Post
Thank you all your all amazing! I wouldn't even been able to come this far without all thr moral support and stories of success from all of u . I'm glad that I found this board ur all so supportive !!
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #192
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I had the best chef salad for lunch today! It wasn't on the menu but when the waiter mentioned it I switched from the steak salad I was going to have to the oh so worth it chef salad. I won't have any other carbs today - roast beef is for dinner. I am feeling kinda munchy today but I'm able to tell myself to get over it 'cause I'm on fire!

I had a hard time getting dressed this morning. This happens every time the season changes! I ordered a few pieces of clothing that should get me through the next two sizes, but they are not here yet. I wanted/needed to look especially put together but I just don't have the clothes. Although if you look at my closet you would be astonished at the amount of clothing I have! I have so many ill fitting clothes, and clothes I bought in desperation because I'm so fat but that look horrible on me that my closet is full. But I only have a few pieces that actually look nice. So, I'm giving away most of my clothes, and every two sizes down I'll buy a few more pieces to get me through to the next two sizes down! I'm not gonna be a frump anymore!
Mim is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #193
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 59
Gallery: runnah262
Mim- I can totally relate to what u r saying! Having a ton of stuff but nothing fits correctly!!! Do you find that the more weight u lose the more inteserested u are in dressing nice and ur confidence soars ? I can't wait to feel comfortable in jeans I have drawers full but never wear them I'm always in swears hiding my body !

Chef salads are awesome!! Great chocie and ur doing amazing !
runnah262 is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnah262 View Post
Mim- I can totally relate to what u r saying! Having a ton of stuff but nothing fits correctly!!! Do you find that the more weight u lose the more inteserested u are in dressing nice and ur confidence soars ? !
Hell ya!!!!!!

I can't stop buying clothes!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #195
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,260
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Mim: Great job you are doing! I think we can all relate to the frumpy clothing we though would hide the rolls. At least, that's how I looked at it. I have given away a lot. I don't have anything that's really big or really small any more. I'm like Goldilocks....these are juuuuuuust right.!

Runnah: I love jeans but I did stop wearing them when the size 18's were getting too tight and they were the only ones that looked half decent. Now I love all my new jeans. They make 'em really cute now with all the bling on the pockets. And I find so many more sales in size 12 than in the bigger sizes. I'm happy about that!
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnah262 View Post
Hey CCgirl,

Thank you for ur words I def needed it. Thanks former suggestions and I know this sounds nuts but I'm a big time binger amd I'm proud of myself for not going and eating a
Box of cookies or whatever else is in my house and that I ate peanut butter instead BUT I'm not making excuses amd it will not happen again!

Thanks for ur support u made me feel much better

Danielle
see NOW you're seeing the forest, not the tree! A few tastes of PB is much better than reaching for a box of anything! You DID take the high road, you just as we all have are too hard on yourself! See the glass half full! A tiny setback or sidestep is much better than drowning your self with anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I had the best chef salad for lunch today! It wasn't on the menu but when the waiter mentioned it I switched from the steak salad I was going to have to the oh so worth it chef salad. I won't have any other carbs today - roast beef is for dinner. I am feeling kinda munchy today but I'm able to tell myself to get over it 'cause I'm on fire!

I had a hard time getting dressed this morning. This happens every time the season changes! I ordered a few pieces of clothing that should get me through the next two sizes, but they are not here yet. I wanted/needed to look especially put together but I just don't have the clothes. Although if you look at my closet you would be astonished at the amount of clothing I have! I have so many ill fitting clothes, and clothes I bought in desperation because I'm so fat but that look horrible on me that my closet is full. But I only have a few pieces that actually look nice. So, I'm giving away most of my clothes, and every two sizes down I'll buy a few more pieces to get me through to the next two sizes down! I'm not gonna be a frump anymore!
YAY MIM! Your inner Diva is calling! Listen to her! She knows what is good for us all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hell ya!!!!!!

I can't stop buying clothes!!!!
so with ya there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Mim: Great job you are doing! I think we can all relate to the frumpy clothing we though would hide the rolls. At least, that's how I looked at it. I have given away a lot. I don't have anything that's really big or really small any more. I'm like Goldilocks....these are juuuuuuust right.!

Runnah: I love jeans but I did stop wearing them when the size 18's were getting too tight and they were the only ones that looked half decent. Now I love all my new jeans. They make 'em really cute now with all the bling on the pockets. And I find so many more sales in size 12 than in the bigger sizes. I'm happy about that!




ok ladies I want to know what color bag you are all carrying......I just switched out from my St. Pats forest green backpack style, which I always wear for the holiday, and I was stumped what to go with next.
__________________
Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!!
If you can read this thank a teacher; since you are reading it in English, thank a veteran.
“Enjoy the little things, for some day you may look back and realize they were the big things” – Robert Brault
CCGirl is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #197
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Getting there!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,184
Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Lulu guinness pink/red patent tote with embossed cameo!! Now!!
Getting there!!! is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #198
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Mine is black with bright blue handles and pink on the side pockets. I'm looking for my next bag!
Mim is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #199
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hell ya!!!!!!

I can't stop buying clothes!!!!

See, it is true --- this diet is expensive!
Mim is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
O thanks y'all!!!!!!!!!!

I have a robin egg blue for spring but we are in the middle of an unexpected heat wave that won't last so I resisted breaking that one out. Usually we still have snow on the ground to the top of the windowsills here until mid May.........

It was 80F here today........Mim I can only think it must have been tropical where you are!

So, resisting the temptation to jinx our blessed global warming trend, I stuck it out with a white and grey leather shoppper, which can be brightened with a lavender scarf if it looks too stark.......





what do you think?????????????
CCGirl is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
See, it is true --- this diet is expensive!
Mwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa costing me a fortune, that's why I took a pause for six months, Mum is still reeling from the beautiful things she has bought me over the years that I am selling because they swim on me now!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
ugh I hate these Geico ads with the pig, I'd gladly send them money for the bacon and crown roast..........





CCGirl is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #203
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
That bag is pretty, CC. I usually don't carry white until after Memorial Day - old notions die hard. I am looking for something sophisticated, bright color, fun and functional. Am I asking too much?
Mim is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #204
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 59
Gallery: runnah262
HEYYYY everyone! Can i say that i freakin LOVE this board?? and all of you are awesome!!!!!!!!!

CCGirl: I'm from NY too!! i Live on Long Island...btw today was HOT they had to turn the AC on in our office building hahaha...

Yam Yam: what you are saying about jeans is SO TRUE the cutest jeans are always in sizes that aren't plus i dont know what is up with that???? but thats awesome that you are down to a size 12 you defintely have inspired me to stick it out and make life style changes!!

My bag: is also a robin egg / turquoise blue color its a blingy kathy vanzland bag...

Ok so i'm such a newbie on here and such a newbie to this diet.heres a question since the weekend is approaching..how do you guys NOT fall into a trap of falling off the bandwagon?? Eating out isnt so much my problem its more eating when bored/ watching tv/computer...any suggestions?? should i just boil ike a dozen eggs for emergencies???

all of your help is greatly apperciated!!!!!

xoxoxox

danielle
runnah262 is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Mim I am kind of stuck with that rule, too, until I started watching Stacie and Clinton, about the white, I mean.............but this is from last year when grey was all the rage for winter; a kind of grey is the new black.

As far as functional. size does matter. I have to have a bag thet's at least twelve inches long to accomodate my lotto ticket envelope so micro bags or clutches won't work for me. how big a bag works for you?

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-22-2012 at 05:57 PM..
CCGirl is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
LOL runn I had the ac on today too........and we're near Lake George!
CCGirl is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
o ues runn by all means the secret to success is prepping, if you have legal food on hand and ready it's sooooo much easier NOT to cheat, I hate days when I have nothing on hand and have to think LMAO
CCGirl is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
well hotties I'm fading and I have to take himself to the chiro early so I'll sign off now, have a lovely evening and get your beauty rest................
CCGirl is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #209
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I just switched from a small brahmin bag that fits in my briefcase to carrying a pretty large purse. I need to be able to put "stuff" in my purse - like my filoflax organizer, and wallet among other "stuff'!
Mim is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #210
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnah262 View Post
HEYYYY everyone! Can i say that i freakin LOVE this board?? and all of you are awesome!!!!!!!!!

CCGirl: I'm from NY too!! i Live on Long Island...btw today was HOT they had to turn the AC on in our office building hahaha...

Yam Yam: what you are saying about jeans is SO TRUE the cutest jeans are always in sizes that aren't plus i dont know what is up with that???? but thats awesome that you are down to a size 12 you defintely have inspired me to stick it out and make life style changes!!

My bag: is also a robin egg / turquoise blue color its a blingy kathy vanzland bag...

Ok so i'm such a newbie on here and such a newbie to this diet.heres a question since the weekend is approaching..how do you guys NOT fall into a trap of falling off the bandwagon?? Eating out isnt so much my problem its more eating when bored/ watching tv/computer...any suggestions?? should i just boil ike a dozen eggs for emergencies???

all of your help is greatly apperciated!!!!!

xoxoxox

danielle
Be prepared! And think about taking a walk if you are so bored you want to eat. Or do something with your hands - knit or cross stitch or buy a pad of graph paper and colored pencils and just make pretty designs. Hard boiled eggs work great. I have a meeting all day Saturday and I work Sunday but will be on Sunday late afternoon. It gets pretty quiet around here on weekends but just know that if we don't answer right away, we are all still in this together
Mim is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.