Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Ummmmm.....pick the right guy. Always be patient. Have lots of great s$%#@x. (me rolling in the hay!) can I say that? Did I just say that??
rolling in the hay, hey...not much of that where i live, will grass do the trick.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2012, 02:37 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
three TV's, two PC's............and a man cave to get them out of the house!
Old 03-04-2012, 03:03 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desifink View Post
ALS and Happy Anniversary Yam! Hope your days are good ones. There are some great sites out there with low-carb dessert (cake!!!) recipes...

I'm down 1.8 today. Woo hoo!! TMI alert: I in the bushes at boot camp last night. I've been doing boot camp for 2 years, and I jog 4 - 5 days a week, so it's not like I'm not used to the workout. My trainer says it's because my blood sugar got too low as a result of no carbs. So I may have to modify my diet to include some carbs (fruit) before/after a workout. I came home & ate some blueberries and LF greek yogurt and felt SO much better. Does anybody else workout regularly on Stillman's? Do you make any modifications to your diet as a result?

Happy Friday everyone!
Great loss! I agree with CC on the higher fat thing but its whatever suits you at the end of the day. Wish i could get moving on the exercise front!
Old 03-04-2012, 03:13 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
Thank you everyone, for the birthday wishes! I am having a great day so far. I woke up to a 1.8 lb. loss! Then I went to get a mani/pedi and soon I will be leaving for lunch with my family. We are going to a buffet so I am sure I will find something suitable to eat, and lots of it!

I am so proud of myself. Last night I went out with my brother and watched him eat an entire platter of nachos. I did not touch a single chip. Yay me!

To everyone else celebrating a special occasion today - ENJOY and HAVE FUN!!! It is possible to party hard and eat responsibly.
Well done and well said!
Old 03-04-2012, 03:16 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
CC: Do you mean the head shot photo in my profile album? That was taken by my son in December of 2009, so I was 55. Yes, it's longer now. My hair grows really fast and other than trimming the ends now and then, I'm letting it go wild.

My avatar picture was taken when I was 49 at a retro fashion show. That was back when I weighed 170 and would never, ever think of telling anyone how much I weighed!! I thought I was fat-fat-FAT! I think the old weight charts made me nuts. Newer ones that take into consideration age, gender, height and body type (large frame, muscular) are waaaaay more realistic.

Dukan and Jorge Cruise both give me an allowance of 178. So now I can see that I was NOT fat!!!

I had a young guy pick me up to toss me in a swimming pool once. He shrieked! OMG you weigh more than you look like you weigh.

My scale number is still @ 196 this morning. Yay! I'm going to enjoy our anniversary

dinneylr tonight! Lots of meat and wine.
You have great legs!
Old 03-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Going to make the lasagne from the recipe thread today...will use turkey instead. Ughhh on DS tablet and can not get on with it...logging off. Happy Sunday!
Old 03-04-2012, 04:02 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
GT I hope you are feeling better today!

Yam, I just love your fashion show pic...too cute! You are a knock out! And you gave some pretty good advice about marriage! Your DH is a blessed man!

It looks like I'm going to make it through this weekend cheat free! We had a Saturday night church service and we all went out to eat afterwards...I just drank diet coke...I haven't shown restraint on a weekend in a mighty loooooong time!

I'm ready to get my stats back down to the 150s!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010

Quote:
CC: Do you mean the head shot photo in my profile album? That was taken by my son in December of 2009, so I was 55. Yes, it's longer now. My hair grows really fast and other than trimming the ends now and then, I'm letting it go wild.

My avatar picture was taken when I was 49 at a retro fashion show. That was back when I weighed 170 and would never, ever think of telling anyone how much I weighed!! I thought I was fat-fat-FAT! I think the old weight charts made me nuts. Newer ones that take into consideration age, gender, height and body type (large frame, muscular) are waaaaay more realistic.

Dukan and Jorge Cruise both give me an allowance of 178. So now I can see that I was NOT fat!!!

I had a young guy pick me up to toss me in a swimming pool once. He shrieked! OMG you weigh more than you look like you weigh.

My scale number is still @ 196 this morning. Yay! I'm going to enjoy our anniversary dinner tonight! Lots of meat and wine.
yep, that head shot was the one I was referring to........hope you had a lovely evening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
Thank you everyone, for the birthday wishes! I am having a great day so far. I woke up to a 1.8 lb. loss! Then I went to get a mani/pedi and soon I will be leaving for lunch with my family. We are going to a buffet so I am sure I will find something suitable to eat, and lots of it!

I am so proud of myself. Last night I went out with my brother and watched him eat an entire platter of nachos. I did not touch a single chip. Yay me!

To everyone else celebrating a special occasion today - ENJOY and HAVE FUN!!! It is possible to party hard and eat responsibly.
WTG!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
rolling in the hay, hey...not much of that where i live, will grass do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post

Yam, I just love your fashion show pic...too cute! You are a knock out! And you gave some pretty good advice about marriage! Your DH is a blessed man!

It looks like I'm going to make it through this weekend cheat free! We had a Saturday night church service and we all went out to eat afterwards...I just drank diet coke...I haven't shown restraint on a weekend in a mighty loooooong time!

WTG Becks!!!!!!!!

Ugh, DH has announced he has a cold........I can feel my sinuses tightening already.......food seems tasteless, no appetite, only ate half my omelet......waaaaaaaaahhhh
Old 03-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post

Cheat free weekend! Yay, YOU!! Looks like we are all getting pumped up and ready to stick to our plans and see the scale numbers go down for spring.

Looking back over past years, this is usually the time of year when I start gaining back what I worked soooooo hard to get off. I am NOT going to let that happen this year.

I have a trip to Monterey and one to Palm Springs in April. Then in May it's all the way to Washington, D.C. and then to Pennsylvania to hang out with my siblings. Seriously, by the time May rolls around, I want to be 10 more pounds down.

Setting hard goals is usually something that backfires on me. But I'm feeling so confident right now!! We shall see what happens!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 03-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Last night was wonderful in every way. The food was awesome. I ate a huge chunk of beef and had 4 (I think) glasses of wine!

Scale was up .6 this morning, but that's not bad and it was worth it to really enjoy myself.

Got an awesome compliment from DH at dinner. Our favorite waitress, the manager, everyone, friends who were there, all were wishing us a happy anniversary. Waitress asked us how many years and when we said 39 she said, "OMGosh! I just turned 39 in October!" I laughed and told her I could be her mother!

When she went back into the kitchen, DH lowered his voice and said, "She is only 39??? YOU LOOK WAY YOUNGER THAN HER!"

Way to make sure you get lucky tonight, DH!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love that feeling younger than you look, Yam! As far as anyone knows I'm not a day over 35!

Nice of himself ro come out and say that, men can be stingy with compliments!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

this dog doesn't know he is homeless, all he knows is he is loved.........

Old 03-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

yep, that head shot was the one I was referring to........hope you had a lovely evening!

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!

WTG Becks!!!!!!!!

Ugh, DH has announced he has a cold........I can feel my sinuses tightening already.......food seems tasteless, no appetite, only ate half my omelet......waaaaaaaaahhhh
Sending get well soon vibes your way!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Last night was wonderful in every way. The food was awesome. I ate a huge chunk of beef and had 4 (I think) glasses of wine!

Scale was up .6 this morning, but that's not bad and it was worth it to really enjoy myself.

Got an awesome compliment from DH at dinner. Our favorite waitress, the manager, everyone, friends who were there, all were wishing us a happy anniversary. Waitress asked us how many years and when we said 39 she said, "OMGosh! I just turned 39 in October!" I laughed and told her I could be her mother!

When she went back into the kitchen, DH lowered his voice and said, "She is only 39??? YOU LOOK WAY YOUNGER THAN HER!"

Way to make sure you get lucky tonight, DH!!!
Glad you had a nice evening and what a compliment! That poor waitress!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I love that feeling younger than you look, Yam! As far as anyone knows I'm not a day over 35!

Nice of himself ro come out and say that, men can be stingy with compliments!
Me too, 42 this year and still occasionally get asked for ID at the supermarket... you have to look over 25, I do but hey I'll take it!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
this dog doesn't know he is homeless, all he knows is he is loved.........

Ahhh, so cute.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Lasagna was great! I changed the recipe a bit. Made my own sauce, only used two tablespoons and chucked in lots of fresh herbs. Peeps, I do believe one is nearing true ketosis! My appetite has decreased significantly!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:25 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: desifink
Stats: 210/210/150
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: July 8, 2012
Yam - check out those hot legs! Yowza!! Didn't we used to have a drool icon?

This is a quick post and run. Had a good weekend; not strict Stillman's, but definitely VLC. I think that might be the compromise I have to make: strict Stillman's during the week and VLC on the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great OP Monday!!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather: Thanks! DH says he married me for my legs. He's a leg man.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sending get well soon vibes your way!
thanks MMS, been downing vitamin C, echinacea and zinc like mad
Quote:

Me too, 42 this year and still occasionally get asked for ID at the supermarket... you have to look over 25, I do but hey I'll take it!
O me too, love that!
Quote:
Lasagna was great! I changed the recipe a bit. Made my own sauce, only used two tablespoons and chucked in lots of fresh herbs. Peeps, I do believe one is nearing true ketosis! My appetite has decreased significantly!
niiiiiiiiice
Quote:
wow he sooo got his wish!!!!!!!! hot legs yam!

gosh these heartbreaking tornado stories never end........
Old 03-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ugh, feeling crappy......can't get warm, food is tasteless, no appetite, head feels full of cement.

Did you know that blue cheese dressing tastes like soap when you are sick? I know it now!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
I hope one day someone will marry me for my legs! haha

I hope my legs ook as good as yours in 25 years!

Last edited by Mar922; 03-06-2012 at 04:07 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

I have been eating like crazy and nothing on plan I will stay on plan for 2 days and go off for 10 and I am not sure why.

So Yesterday started eating anything with fat but no sugar, cheese, whip cream (home made so no added sugar) hot wings (with franks 0 carbs), tuna with full fat mayo and so far so good and I have no desire to cheat or go get ice cream because the whip cream is satisfying that craving.

I am trying to remember back to last year when I started and I am pretty sure I started with atkins type eating and only lost maybe 5 pounds in 2 weeks and moved to stills and I am not quit doing atkins the last 2 days cuz I haven't had any veggies but at this point I am scared to add them because I tend to get the mentality oh a salad is cheating so my day is lost! even though when I had a salads in the past it was fine for me it seems if I can't do it perfectly at first then I just give up once I have lost 10 or 15 pounds I tend to allow myself these things so hopefully this fat thing will work for the first 3-5 days and then I will move over to stills again seeing what I find myself craving lately is stillmans quiche and plain chicken breasts, this is progress!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Yam I tried your coconut oil with coffee and hot choc, My mom was in the states last weekend so I asked her to pick up sugar free hot chocolate and it as 9 carbs, is that right?

We don't have sugar free hot cocoa here so I have either made my own with coacoa powder and the vanilla splenda b/c cocoa powder has 0 net carbs or I found this instant capucinno that only has 2 carbs per serving and it tastes great with the coconut oil!

How much coconut oil do you use? because I have been going fat crazy I have been using about a TBSP but I thnk I could easily cut that back once I am in ketosis.

I guess when I stop losing on fat I will cut it back? maybe thats what I should do?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

I hope it will be in ketosis soon as I am tired from getting this crap out of my system I slept from 1 am to 5 pm today and all I can think is a changed my diet because why else would I sleep 16 hours its not even the end of the week yet! Maybe by friday I would sleep that long after all my meetings and 2 jobs but even then I usually ony sleep 10 hours if I am exhausted and 6-8 normally. I vaguely remember sleeping lots at first last year so I am not concerned yet...

Sorry I have been taking over the board today I am just very excited that I don't want ice cream... I always want ice cream... haha
Old 03-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
ugh, feeling crappy......can't get warm, food is tasteless, no appetite, head feels full of cement.

Did you know that blue cheese dressing tastes like soap when you are sick? I know it now!
hot water bottle! Old fashioned I know but great at times like these. DS was off school today with the start of something... he was a bit flushed and had a sore throat this morning...I made him drink hot lemon and ginger and do morning, afternoon and evening salt water gargles...he joked he should call social services! Hope you are feeling better today CC.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I have been eating like crazy and nothing on plan I will stay on plan for 2 days and go off for 10 and I am not sure why.

So Yesterday started eating anything with fat but no sugar, cheese, whip cream (home made so no added sugar) hot wings (with franks 0 carbs), tuna with full fat mayo and so far so good and I have no desire to cheat or go get ice cream because the whip cream is satisfying that craving.

I am trying to remember back to last year when I started and I am pretty sure I started with atkins type eating and only lost maybe 5 pounds in 2 weeks and moved to stills and I am not quit doing atkins the last 2 days cuz I haven't had any veggies but at this point I am scared to add them because I tend to get the mentality oh a salad is cheating so my day is lost! even though when I had a salads in the past it was fine for me it seems if I can't do it perfectly at first then I just give up once I have lost 10 or 15 pounds I tend to allow myself these things so hopefully this fat thing will work for the first 3-5 days and then I will move over to stills again seeing what I find myself craving lately is stillmans quiche and plain chicken breasts, this is progress!
I think starting higher fat makes the transition easier... I think a few of the guys here have done/do this. I have and it def makes a difference during those first few days. Well done on keeping away from the ice cream.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

No green lights. BBT
Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I think starting higher fat makes the transition easier... I think a few of the guys here have done/do this. I have and it def makes a difference during those first few days. Well done on keeping away from the ice cream.
I am craving sweets today that must mean the last of the carbs are leavibg my body! thats how I always see it anyways
Old 03-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Oh Yam I tried your coconut oil with coffee and hot choc, My mom was in the states last weekend so I asked her to pick up sugar free hot chocolate and it as 9 carbs, is that right?

We don't have sugar free hot cocoa here so I have either made my own with coacoa powder and the vanilla splenda b/c cocoa powder has 0 net carbs or I found this instant capucinno that only has 2 carbs per serving and it tastes great with the coconut oil!

How much coconut oil do you use? because I have been going fat crazy I have been using about a TBSP but I thnk I could easily cut that back once I am in ketosis.

I guess when I stop losing on fat I will cut it back? maybe thats what I should do?
I buy Nestle's brand 20 calorie hot milk chocolate. It's sweetened w/ Splenda and has 4 carbs. I think the cappucinno mix I use has 2 carbs (but a serving is 4 tsp and I only use 1 tsp), also sweetened w/ Splenda.

What I do is heat a big mug of water for 1.5 minutes in the microwave. Then I pour in a packet of of the Nestle's chocolate and one teaspoon of the cappucinno mix. I stir it with a small wire whisk. Then I add one rounded teaspoon of coconut oil and sitr.

If I haven't had much to eat that day and it's the afternoon, I might finish the first one and decide to have another. Yesterday I drank 2 of them mid afternoon. It really kills my hunger and is so yummie. And, the scale was down 1.4 this morning.

I've decided I'm going to keep the 1 to 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in my daily plan as long as I'm losing. I only eat healthy fats. Mostly olive oil.
Closed Thread