Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
KrisaKris: You are doing totally wonderful! I believe the rotisserie chicken is fine, but take off all the skin! Do NOT eat it! You could buy some cooked shrimp that are already peeled and put cocktail sauce on them. Very yummy. You don't have to eat too many, but they are very satisfying. I, too, have lost 7# in three days. I also measured my waist... since that is where my weight is. I am down 2 1/2 inches so far! Amazing. That's why I stick to the strict Dr. Stillman's... because it works! Keep up the good work. You will definitely make that 10# goal this week!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 04:24 AM   #332
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: runnah262
I think I am going to call it quits I binged ate last night and after logically thinking it threw I reliezed there is no way possible I'll lose 30 pounds by April 30 not even coming close!

Just wanted to say best of luck to all of u and thanks for the support!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:18 AM   #333
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnah262 View Post
I think I am going to call it quits I binged ate last night and after logically thinking it threw I reliezed there is no way possible I'll lose 30 pounds by April 30 not even coming close!

Just wanted to say best of luck to all of u and thanks for the support!
I'm sorry you binged - most of us have that issue. Let me make a suggestion - don't worry about losing 30 pounds by April. Instead think about feeling good. Let us help you with your food choices. Think about adding the ff Greek yogurt in the evening. Most of all, don't be down on yourself. You are not alone - we care about you and understand what you are going through.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #334
Junior LCF Member

Thanks MIM u and YAM
Have been nothing but supportive u know I like the stillmans diet and the reason why I binged I was bored
Yeah how stupid and right now I feel bloated
And full.

I'm going on a date tonight and
Honestly am toying with the idea of
Canceling bc
I feel HUGE I know I won't have a problem food wise
I'll order salad no dressing with HB eggs but
I just get down like
I know what I used to be a mean lean athlete and now
I feel like a fat athlete and I hate it
But I can seem to stay focused it's like once a week
I eat
Junk and than back to plan I think solution 1. Buy lean meats on hand so if I do
Get into I need to munch atlrast Its turkey breast or
Chicken strips.

2. No more buying candy I have this thing were I fear like
I need a bag of reeses stashed in case they stop making them LOL
How ridiculous ?????

3. I love protein bars and I could eat them
Like candy Any suggestions? I avoid them
While trying to do strict stillmans but I cave again once a week
When
I binge!

Thanks again!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #335
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I've got to washout the door and won't be by a computer for the day - so the short answer is - GO ON THE DATE. Have fun. Pick something out of your closet that you know fits and that you like. Don't try on too small clothes. When you go out to eat, unless your date is eating HB eggs and dry salad, get something else. You can get steak or chicken or fish and a salad and spring veggies. Have fun!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #336
Junior LCF Member

Hahahhaha LOLL thanks MIM ur awesome
Old 03-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
runn have some fun and stop beating yourself to death............life is too short......don'r be afraid of success.....throw away the crap, and let it go and don't let it come back.........be good to yourself

Mim have a good time unplugged

hi Foxy!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #338
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Ahhhhh, the day is done. I ran into the grocery store on my way home to pick up a few things - salsa and ff plain greek yogurt actually. I ended up also buying a rosemary plant and some pudding for my grand girls. (No, the pudding does not tempt me). Anyway, the lottery line was winding through the produce section! And speaking of ff plain Greek yogurt, I'm looking forward to my evening yummy! Tomorrow starts a very busy week and a day for me. I know that I will make it through because I am on plan! I'm even starting to feel like I've lost weight!
Old 03-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #339
Junior LCF Member

LMAO that damn LOTTERY!!!

ok everyone this is IT! tomorrow is APRIL 1 and that is a NEW MONTH and since i always (hahaha ALWAYS apparently i rarely succeed!) i am going to start doing SUPER STRICT STILLMANS AS OF APRIL 1 aka tomorrow....my plan is as follows

Goal: Lose approximately 20 pounds
Duration: 30 days
Timing: April 1-- April 31, 2012
Method: Strict Stillman's: lean protein + water; LOW calories (gotta force it!)

No: Diet soda's, artifical sweetners, no coffeee ( can't drink my coffee w/o milk / sweetners i'll stick to tea) , no sugar (duh), no SF gum...ummm eating only meal/fish/eggs.....

workout:

kick box 6 days a week
run 4 days a week
weight train 3 days a week

(i double up on days some days i run in PM kick box AM) some days i kick box and lift...
etc...

u think i can do it if i don't binge..well hell i 'm not binging anymore... i PROMISE YOU ALL

essp you MIM
Old 04-01-2012, 04:08 AM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Runnah! and EVERYONE ELSE!!! I am SOOOO up for super strict stillmans right now!!! I think Ive waited all this time because I JUST KNOW that we could lose 20 pounds this month!! GO US!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. Im drinking my coffee black these days, limiting the crystal light, and at the moment trying to stay as lean with my meat as possible.

So Im actually on Day 3, and woke up to foot cramps. Im not a vitamin taker but since I plan on sticking to the plan and to eat very little to none fat, (which is the opposite of my normal routine) Im guessing a multi-vit might be a good idea. Its on the shopping list, right next to filet mignon! Hey, thats the leanest steak, right?? Although its more $$, I find that if I grill one up, it tastes so good that I can tell myself, thats it AL, YOU SPLURGED, YOURE DONE. Plus, Ive been doing the meat thing for so long now, its hard to come up with new ideas!! lol Ive never really been a fish person (cept for beloved tuna-lol) Perhaps I can start this spring/summer. So I'll be lookin for recipes!!

I hope all is well in Stillamans world. I plan on checking in and logging in my meats!

Yesterday was : 1 filet + 1 chicken breast, lots of black coffee, and a diet coke. (water of course, but no crystal light!! to those that remember me, thats a BIG DEAL!!)

Weight= 137 (so it was probably 145, 3 days ago!!)

Anywho..nuff blabbin from me. I hope Im welcomed back with opened arms peeps!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:09 AM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

whoa...my stats are still the same from the last time I was here! So although I havent been good, I guess I havent been that bad! Phew!!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:10 AM   #342
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah! Aleriaaa is back! You were missed and now you are here! What a great way to start the morning!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #343
Junior LCF Member

Aleriaaa what going on?? Omg YES April 1 we got this 20 pounds in 30 days YESSSSSSS I haven't eaten at all today omg but yes we will be a success I will log my food everyday I think I'm goin track my intake on MY fitness Pal just so I can see how many calories I'm eaten just so I know

I love chicken breast oh and turkey breast LOL

Let's DO THIS!

I'll be the sickest kickboxer in a matter of weeks !!!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #344
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caitlyn515
Stats: 169/158.4/140
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: April 1 2012
Hey all! I am planning on starting a VERY strict stillmans diet tomorrow! my current weight is 170 and my goal is to loose 30 pounds by may 15 (my 21st birthday!) do you guys think that is possible? I'm new to the whole dieting thing. Any advice would be appreciated!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Yeah! Aleriaaa is back! You were missed and now you are here! What a great way to start the morning!
Thank you MIM!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Aleriaaa what going on?? Omg YES April 1 we got this 20 pounds in 30 days YESSSSSSS I haven't eaten at all today omg but yes we will be a success I will log my food everyday I think I'm goin track my intake on MY fitness Pal just so I can see how many calories I'm eaten just so I know

I love chicken breast oh and turkey breast LOL

Let's DO THIS!

I'll be the sickest kickboxer in a matter of weeks !!!

woohoo!

No stopping us now!!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #347
Junior LCF Member

Ommmmggggg I'm so excited!?!?!?!?
Old 04-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #348
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlyn515 View Post
Hey all! I am planning on starting a VERY strict stillmans diet tomorrow! my current weight is 170 and my goal is to loose 30 pounds by may 15 (my 21st birthday!) do you guys think that is possible? I'm new to the whole dieting thing. Any advice would be appreciated!
Hi Caitlyn! I have great news for you. It is totally possible!!! My first run with Stills, I lost 20lbs, the first 4 weeks. The next 4, only 7. BUT 27 lbs total. Could have been better, but looking at my journal, I had a couple days with wine, tequila, fatty hamburgers and on one occasion...hotdogs All no-nos on QWL..

The first few days on meat may be a shock to your system. You may be cranky, hungry, and feel really tired. Then a miracle happens. Your appetite will be gone, you'll get your energy back and you'll probably be down 7 -10 lbs!

You can so do this. The fact that you're new to dieting will probably work to your favor! Just get your meat ready to go, so you always have something to eat in a moment of weakness. If you can, stay away from the allowed ketchup or other condiments. They make the meat taste better and make you "want" more instead of "need" more. But the best advice I can give is to promise yourself 2 weeks on plan no matter what. When you see and feel the results, you will be amazed.

You are gonna do great!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ommmmggggg I'm so excited!?!?!?!?
me too!! what are you eating today? do you have your meat on deck?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #350
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caitlyn515
Stats: 169/158.4/140
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: April 1 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Caitlyn! I have great news for you. It is totally possible!!! My first run with Stills, I lost 20lbs, the first 4 weeks. The next 4, only 7. BUT 27 lbs total. Could have been better, but looking at my journal, I had a couple days with wine, tequila, fatty hamburgers and on one occasion...hotdogs All no-nos on QWL..

The first few days on meat may be a shock to your system. You may be cranky, hungry, and feel really tired. Then a miracle happens. Your appetite will be gone, you'll get your energy back and you'll probably be down 7 -10 lbs!

You can so do this. The fact that you're new to dieting will probably work to your favor! Just get your meat ready to go, so you always have something to eat in a moment of weakness. If you can, stay away from the allowed ketchup or other condiments. They make the meat taste better and make you "want" more instead of "need" more. But the best advice I can give is to promise yourself 2 weeks on plan no matter what. When you see and feel the results, you will be amazed.

You are gonna do great!
Thank you so much! I am very excited and determined to do this!! Everyones posts are so inspiring! Do you exercise daily? If so what is your exercise routine? Sorry for so many questions I just want to know how to get the best results from this program!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #351
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlyn515 View Post
Thank you so much! I am very excited and determined to do this!! Everyones posts are so inspiring! Do you exercise daily? If so what is your exercise routine? Sorry for so many questions I just want to know how to get the best results from this program!
I dont exercise....but this week might be a good time to start!!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

Mim- just saw that you lost 9 in 2 weeks! Thats awesome results for you!! WTG!!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #353
Junior LCF Member

Hey hey!!! I had so far:

220 cals of chicken breast

220'cqls of turkey breast

I'll probably have another 220 of either turkey or chicken no condiments lots of water!!!! The only question I have is

1. What do u guys do with the lack of fibr issue? What do u take ?

2. I have done Atkins before and literally ate like bunless burgers from fast food joints, have any of u guys done this? I know stillmans is low fat but I do love bunless burgers but I'm not rich LOL mcdonalds burger tossing buns hold that ketchup and I'm happy anyone do this?
Old 04-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Finally back to my laptop! Day 7 and I'm down 7lbs, the original 7 was a fluke I guess? Either the weight didn't hold or I got a plateau the few days I was at friends' houses and didn't have access to the scale. I'm hoping to be down another lb by tomorrow, this is the hardest thing I've ever done. I'm so glad I stuck with it. Thankfully, I never had a moment of weakness where I felt like cheating, but it's been a challenge mentally.

I know we're allowed other things than chicken and fish, but I don't know how to pick lean beef :/ Tuna w. water out of the can is pretty awful, but I always make sure there's either chicken or tuna in my bag in case of emergency. I drink tons of water, and I'm trying to cut back on my diet soda. I just got some FF cream cheese (Dukan friendly I believe) and some Farmers cheese which I'm thinking I might mix with some of that tuna to make it more tolerable. Do we have another thread started for April??
Old 04-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey hey!!! I had so far:

220 cals of chicken breast

220'cqls of turkey breast

I'll probably have another 220 of either turkey or chicken no condiments lots of water!!!! The only question I have is

1. What do u guys do with the lack of fibr issue? What do u take ?

2. I have done Atkins before and literally ate like bunless burgers from fast food joints, have any of u guys done this? I know stillmans is low fat but I do love bunless burgers but I'm not rich LOL mcdonalds burger tossing buns hold that ketchup and I'm happy anyone do this?
I take Magnesium/Calcium supplements that mixed with coffee usually does the trick. btw I don't actually have them at the same time but twice in one day

Last edited by krissakris; 04-01-2012 at 03:53 PM..
Old 04-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
Take magnesium before you go to bed at night for "clogging" problems. If you still can't go, take another in the a.m. Works wonders! Drink lots of water, too!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxylady View Post
KrisaKris: You are doing totally wonderful! I believe the rotisserie chicken is fine, but take off all the skin! Do NOT eat it! You could buy some cooked shrimp that are already peeled and put cocktail sauce on them. Very yummy. You don't have to eat too many, but they are very satisfying. I, too, have lost 7# in three days. I also measured my waist... since that is where my weight is. I am down 2 1/2 inches so far! Amazing. That's why I stick to the strict Dr. Stillman's... because it works! Keep up the good work. You will definitely make that 10# goal this week!
Thx so much for your response, the scale seemed to be off so at home I just hit 7lbs today, but that's still pretty good today's day 7 so hopefully I can hit 8lbs in 7days I wish I could find my measurements from a few weeks ago, I definitely know I lost some inches since my clothes are fitting better and stuff I couldn't fit before I can wear to work. So excited to bring some pants to the cleaners to get the buttons/zippers replaced, I popped them last year I was so fat, lol.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #358
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I take Magnesium/Calcium supplements that mixed with coffee usually does the trick. btw I don't actually have them at the same time but twice in one day
thank you for your advice, can you reccomend like what do you take? I was looking at like fiberone, is this what you mean?

congrads on your loss thats amazing!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #359
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hey AL!!!!!! back!!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Someone asked about beef??? My fav is sirloin. You cannot go wrong. Mix that up with a George Foreman Grill and you are golden!!!

Magnesium: I go to my local pharmacy (trust them big time) and buy what they have on sale in pill form. Gotta have it. It's great insurance for the LC lifestyle!!

So I hit another NEW LOW as you can see from my stats!!! I'm soooooo happy. this is the first time since starting menopause that I have really believed I can do this! Wooooo-Hoooooooo!

My fat is literally melting away. It's friggin' awesome!!!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Closed Thread