Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I miss butter...not enough to cheat but I was sad to have to put my ghee in the freezer does anyone here use low carb low sugar protein shakes? Think that might be another way to get in protein+water in

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2012, 03:01 AM   #302
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: runnah262
Do any of u Guys not working our and have still lost weight? I do two workouts a day usually well not today I've overslept so only thing I'm doing is boxing tonight but for all of u that have been havin success do u workout? I think since the calorie restriction is so high that it isn't really required ? But I like working out
Old 03-28-2012, 04:37 AM   #303
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I'm down my first half pound of my weigh week!

I don't work out. In another week or two I will though. But it will be far less aerobic than kick boxing. I'll be walking on my treadmill and to and from work (.7 mile), doing some weight work - small stuff, and some body shaping - callenetics. Stills says you don't have to work out, but I find that if I have an exercise routine I feel much better and am less likely to go off plan. Several years ago I lost 60 pounds and the key to that was my daily hour on the treadmill. I got derailed due to an emergency trip out of the country, and by the time I got back I couldn't get in the swing of things again. sigh
Old 03-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
O Kissa, so love butter, I lick the knife when I make DHs toast

not working out today..........34F and freezing, frozen rain overnite and still raining.......yuck
Old 03-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Down 2lbs this morning and that makes me a very happy girl! The goal is at least 8 for week one. May have to crash at a friends house the next two nights and I seriously considered tossing my scale in my overnight bag haha.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #306
Junior LCF Member

I don't want to weight myself I think I'm going se how my clothes fit I workout a lot and prib gain muscle
Old 03-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #307
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Kissa: Protein shakes don't keep me full. Half hour after I drink one, my tummy is growling and I'm ready to eat wallpaper or a small child. I read an article that said when you drink your calories, they are digested differently than solid food. What happens is the liquid calories bypass the trigger that signals the brain to signify satiation.

There fore your hunger hormone, grehlin, is still stimulated and sending signals that the body needs food. Leptin, the good hunger control hormone does not get the memo that you have had enough to eat.

For some people shakes work though.

BTW: I take my scale everywhere! I bought the weight watcher's body weight travel scale. It's thin and light and has a handle and it's digital. It's very accurate as well. I stepped on it, then picked up my 20 lb kettle bell and it was right on the dot!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 03-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!

On the workout thingie: When I started Dukan Aug. 1st, I did not work out. I read in his book and somewhere else that when you are doing any kind of extreme calorie restriction or a weight loss plan where you are losing a lot of weight at first, you should not try to start a strenuous workout program at the same time. It's better to let your body focus all it's attention on the weight loss and fat burning.

He recommends walking every day either on a treadmill or outdoors for at least 30 minutes per day in the beginning. But he does say if you already have been working out it's fine to continue to do so.

In late October I started working out with a personal trainer and was doing great and hitting my stride in February when my brother suddenly passed away and I had to travel to the other side of the country. After that and then a family reunion in southern CA for DH's family, I really got out of the exercise routine.

I had started experimenting with JUDD at the end of December because after losing 28 pounds with Dukan i had slowed down and then just got stuck.

Any of you looking for a great maintenance plan or something to get you out of a stall should hop over to the JUDD forum on this site and just read for a while. You will be amazed.

I am so much enjoying the JUDD WOE!!! It is calorie cycling or Intermittent Fasting and is based on Dr. Johnson's book "the Alternate Day Diet".

Danielle: I'm thinking you could combing JUDD w/ Stillman and get some amazing results!

I started out doing low carb/ Dukan with JUDD because when I tried to put lots of carbs back in my diet, I gained water weight (which is natural) and I couldn't bear to see the numbers go up on the scale even a little bit.

So, I decided my plan would be to lose about 10 pounds doing JUDD/LC with NO exercise whatsoever (because when I work out I also gain water weight and just am not in the mood to see it right now even though I know it's perfectly normal and healthy!)

I've lost 8 pounds with JUDD so far and have been adding in carbs slowly (most of the time! Sometimes I go crazy and eat a bunch, but it has not hurt me).

so, I'm thinking maybe next week I will start exercising with cardio first for a week and then add weight lifting to the cardio sessions.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #309
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the tips I've never heard of JUDD but will google and look into it
Old 03-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #310
Junior LCF Member

Hey I just Downloaded the Judd book off kindle I'm kind of confused on the 500 cal days u can eat anything u want but have to stay under 500
Cals but the first 2 weeks is shakes for two of the meals?
Old 03-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnah262 View Post
Hey I just Downloaded the Judd book off kindle I'm kind of confused on the 500 cal days u can eat anything u want but have to stay under 500
Cals but the first 2 weeks is shakes for two of the meals?
You don't HAVE to do shakes during the first 2 weeks. Dr. J suggests it only because some people hate counting calories. If they do shakes they don't have to count.

Here are some threads you might want to check out. The second one has the link to the JUDD site calculator. Just go there, toggle way down 'til you see the calculator and plug in your information (be sure and change from KG to Lbs and inches or your numbers will be screwed up.) Then use the pull down menu to choose whether you want to start at 20% or 30% or up to 45% on DDs. Most experienced JUDD BUDDs recommend everyone choose "little or no exercise" to get the numbers right at first, even if you do exercise.

The last link is just to the JUDD forums. Start reading some of the Newbies' questions or start posting questions of your own. You might start a thread called "Thinking about starting JUDD, should I?" or something like that. You will get lots of great feed back!

WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...lculators.html

JUDDD - Low Carb Friends
Old 03-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

I don't think I'm eating enough but i get full fast and w all this protein I stay full for a while. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't think it's a big deal since it's only day 3 but I don't want it to slow me down down the line. I can't even finish this 70cal pack of tuna :/
Old 03-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I don't think I'm eating enough but i get full fast and w all this protein I stay full for a while. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't think it's a big deal since it's only day 3 but I don't want it to slow me down down the line. I can't even finish this 70cal pack of tuna :/
I don't know. You have to be a student of your own body and do what is right for you. Sometimes it's trial and error IMHO.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #314
Junior LCF Member

Hey yam thanks for the links I have a question it says no food is
Off
Limits up the up days so we can eat
Like a cookie? I dunno I'm still a little confused as to hoe weight loss occurs if you can eat anything on up days?
Old 03-29-2012, 05:15 AM   #315
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! The woman on fire is checking in!

A couple of years ago I tried Crack the Weight Loss which sounds a lot like JUDD. I was faithful to the diet but couldn't lose any weight. I think I'm pretty carb sensitive. Anyway, I have higher carb days now to help me feel good. My higher carb days consist of eating veggies or a meal salad. When I start to not feel well, I eat greens with my protein for a day.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:17 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

If my friends scale is correct I'm down 7lbs in 3 days!?!
Old 03-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #317
Junior LCF Member

Omg amazinnnvggggggg Kris

I haven't even jumped on a scale I'm too nervous but my stomach looks much less bloated and gross!
Old 03-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #318
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Well done!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:17 AM   #319
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Wooooo-Hooooooo!!!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:22 AM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! The woman on fire is checking in!

A couple of years ago I tried Crack the Weight Loss which sounds a lot like JUDD. I was faithful to the diet but couldn't lose any weight. I think I'm pretty carb sensitive. Anyway, I have higher carb days now to help me ctlfeel good. My higher carb days consist of eating veggies or a meal salad. When I start to not feel well, I eat greens with my protein for a day.

I really like what you are doing, Mim!!! That's exactly how I did it in August when the weight was flying off. And, it's exactly how Dukan recommends doing it. His Attack plan is pure protein and FF dairy. Then the Cruise phase (which you either stay on or alternate w/ attack phase) lasts until you reach goal. That's where he has you eat pure protein and if you want, FF dairy one day, then do the same the next except add in all the green non-starchy veggies you want and keep alternating until you reach goal. I think you are doing great!

You are right that calorie cycling does not work for everyone. Some people don't get it and think that UDs are just a free-for-all where you eat as much as you want of junk food. It's really not that at all.

Everybody should listen to Mim! It's like I said, be a student of your own body and do what is right for YOU!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #321
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I really like what you are doing, Mim!!! That's exactly how I did it in August when the weight was flying off. And, it's exactly how Dukan recommends doing it. His Attack plan is pure protein and FF dairy. Then the Cruise phase (which you either stay on or alternate w/ attack phase) lasts until you reach goal. That's where he has you eat pure protein and if you want, FF dairy one day, then do the same the next except add in all the green non-starchy veggies you want and keep alternating until you reach goal. I think you are doing great!

You are right that calorie cycling does not work for everyone. Some people don't get it and think that UDs are just a free-for-all where you eat as much as you want of junk food. It's really not that at all.

Everybody should listen to Mim! It's like I said, be a student of your own body and do what is right for YOU!

Everybody should listen to everybody! I love the feeling of finally getting what my body needs. I have the Dukan book but haven't had time to read it yet. That will happen after Easter! But I've been eating ff Greek yogurt in the evening because you said so! It really helps keep me on plan and is yummy too. I sweeten it a bit with DaVinci sf syrup. But I find that I am enjoying some tang. Sugar sweet is a taste that is leaving me.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

Mim: Yay on the ff Greek yogurt! It was like a dream come true when I discovered it and that Dukan actually recommends it! Now I think it's magical. Seems every time I have it in the evening (I did the Davinci syrup last night, too!) the scale is down the next morning.

I was making ground turkey stroganoff for DH one night. I've been chopping up celery, green peppers, zuchinni, whatever and sauteeing it in EVOO then browning the 99% FF ground turkey breast in it. Usually I just scoop about a cup and a half out for myself and then put the ff crm of chkn soup and light sour cream in for DH's.

Well, after I scooped my turkey out, I thought how I missed the creaminess of the sour cream but did not want to eat any. OH light bulb moment! Stir in some ff, plain Greek yogurt!

Wow, it was good!!! Tasted like Stroganoff to me!!! I ate it all and was just so full and satisfied. Yummers! Now when I feel like it I add a dollop to my scrambled eggs or sometimes make like a taco filling w/ gr beef or gr turkey, add fajita seasonings and then put the Greek yogurt on top like I would sour cream. Yum!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #323
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Kriss---your avi is an inspiration!! Congrats!!......and on this weeks loss too!!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #324
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay on the loss Mim--you are on fire!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

Danielle, if I were you I would stick to one diet. It's too confusing to be switching back and forth from one to another. You might end up doing neither correctly and so not loose any weight. Stick to Stillmas, for a while anyway, it's quick and easy! Good luck!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #326
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm at home for the Easter vacation--yaaay!! The weather is fantastic too! Like Summer!!
I've an appointment with the Dr. tomorrow to get blood tests. I've been feeling really awful lately, unnaturally tired. I've no energy and am constantly cold, so we'll see what the results will be.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Thx ladies for all the support...I'm hoping the scale is as accurate as the one I have at home. I won't have access again until later this wknd so fingers crossed I can get 10lbs!

Does anyone know if rotisserie chicken is safe? Just had my tuna but I've been hungry today and I'm all out of my planned meals. Crashing at a friend place she has a supermarket nearby so I was thinking of just grabbing one an eating the meat only. I'm on the upper east side so heaven only knows how boneless chicken breasts are lol.

I hope everyone is having a fab day-I can't believe it's almost April already.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi all......drive by......looks like spring is in everyone's step with all the losers around here!

whoa I am so steaked out craving chicken and tuna

RT chix are loaded with salt, tread lightly.........

GT happy at home, enjoy!!!!! Sorry you are feeling badly.......keep us posted, I hope it's nothing serious..........just off of being sick and working like a dog must be part of it.

O Yam must try the faux stroganoff, sounds delish!!!!!!!!!.

a good night to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #329
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I'm at home for the Easter vacation--yaaay!! The weather is fantastic too! Like Summer!!
I've an appointment with the Dr. tomorrow to get blood tests. I've been feeling really awful lately, unnaturally tired. I've no energy and am constantly cold, so we'll see what the results will be.
Oh I hope you are ok! Please let us know and take good care of yourself!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #330
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I just got home from a long and emotional meeting. I sure am glad I'm on plan!
Closed Thread