Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010

this is the web address of the image I am using

http://www.electricwedding.co.uk/wp-...ne_glasses.jpg

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #272
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Tomorrow is weigh in. Hmmmmmm, did I mention that week two is the hardest for me? I had a stumble that is going to cost me a lack of weight loss this week. Still hoping for a pound or two, but I'm not going to be horribly upset if it doesn't show up. It will next week. I'm still charting my daily weight and it really helps to compare what I weigh on this day to what I weighed last week.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #273
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: runnah262
Good luck Mim Ur doing so well!!!!

Thanks yam I actually still hungry and I bought an extra 1/4 pound of chicken which is 120 cals so I'm goin have it I only ate like 600 calories today and I worked out at kickboxing feeling good actjally
Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Krissa: Is the avatar you before and after????? If so, that's amazing and I'm so proud of you!
Yes, that's me at my heaviest/lightest, but I've but on 35+lbs I've been yoyoing with for the past 18months or so. I didn't realize how bad my emotional eating was, so now that I'm finally committed to a program I think i'm ready to tackle Stillman's. My goal is to stick to it for at least a month, if not 60 days.

I've been doing a 90 day workout program, so I'm not sure how impressive my losses will be scale wise since I'm doing a good amount of strength training. I'm so excited to join you positive ladies though!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #275
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Let me sing the praises of the tuna packets. I keep two in my purse and hadn't had to use any for a long time. Saturday I ate one instead of the meal that was served and then today I found myself in need of lunch! I thought I would be home but as the day went, I didn't get home until 4:00. So, about one I ate the other pack I was still packing. I came home and restocked my purse!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

So today has been pretty easy, I've been Intermittent Fasting for a few weeks so I am in great control of hunger. I usually eat when I get home after work, but today I had some tuna for lunch straight from the pack with a little salt and pepper. It wasn't as bad as I imagined. I did have some chicken wings b/c I was hungrier than I thought when I got home, so I'm hoping the fat didn't do too much damage. It was baked so it shouldn't be too terrible, I'm thinking today is like a Meat and Egg day. I then had 2.5 eggs scrambled in low sodium chicken broth 1/4cup I'd say, and I had some seasoned chicken breast (seasoned with Mrs. Dash).

I've always been intimidated by Stillmans bc of its many restrictions, but I think this is very doable. I've made some excellent chicken breasts in the past by marinating them overnight with mustard, so I'm thinking this should be pretty easy, boring, but easy, lol. I need to find some time to get some fish fillets to add to my rotation. I should've went food shopping this weekend, lol. Sorry for the long post, just excited. I have two workouts tonight so hopefully I have a good loss tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Let me sing the praises of the tuna packets. I keep two in my purse and hadn't had to use any for a long time. Saturday I ate one instead of the meal that was served and then today I found myself in need of lunch! I thought I would be home but as the day went, I didn't get home until 4:00. So, about one I ate the other pack I was still packing. I came home and restocked my purse!
That's awesome I was thinking the same thing! I just brought some today during my lunch hour at work, I'm going to leave a pack of Mrs. Dash in my purse as well so I don't have to worry about eating anything off plan!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #278
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Kissa: Sounds like you are doing great! I've never bought the tuna in packets. Do you buy it in the same aisle where they stock canned tuna?

Mim: way to be prepared, Girl! Tuna in your purse. Good thing it's sealed up so tight, huh?

CC: Don't you love the picture of the two champagne glasses? That's us toasting each other. Thanks for bringing it in.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #279
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa - great minds think alike!

Yam - Yes, the packets are where the canned tuna is. It is a bit pricy but so worth it because they are so easy to keep on hand for emergency! You have to look at the nutrition info for each flavor though, because some have a few carbs.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(raising glass) to Yam!

awesome hotties abound!

Rinn, most of us avoid deli meat (or at least try to) due to the salt...........but if you are still claiming cooking impaired we will work with you.

Kissa, tilapia was a fave of one of our past hero losers, don't know if anyone remembers GwynStefani................she was such an inspiration..........
Old 03-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mustard marinade..........note to self must try that.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh and Runn you must ditch calorie counting............
Old 03-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #283
Junior LCF Member

Mim
Why don't u see how ur clothes feel?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #284
Junior LCF Member

CcGirl-'LOL hahahhaha " cooking impaired " lol that was funny I actually had NO SALT turkey breast it was carved from the deli and I had low salt chicken also boarshead carved. Its more of like a convenience thing I work 10-11 hours a day and than workout after so iget home around 8:30-9 I know if I step foot in my kitchen I'll eat everything so I just buy portions and eat in my car bc I can't be in my kitchen eventually I will be able to but that's when I have the strong will and when I see results I don't just cave right now I need to stay away and just focus on plan and than I can move from there I know it sounds crazy but I just can't control the temptation to eat 1 peanut or One m&m. I
Need the out of sight out of mind... Plus I suck at cooking LOL hahahhaha

And why Bo calorie counting? I think it's insane like I def burned more than I ate but I'm not even hungry????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm used to starving on every other diet LOL

Thanks for the help !

Danielle
Old 03-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #285
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnah262 View Post
CcGirl-'LOL hahahhaha " cooking impaired " lol that was funny I actually had NO SALT turkey breast it was carved from the deli and I had low salt chicken also boarshead carved. Its more of like a convenience thing I work 10-11 hours a day and than workout after so iget home around 8:30-9 I know if I step foot in my kitchen I'll eat everything so I just buy portions and eat in my car bc I can't be in my kitchen eventually I will be able to but that's when I have the strong will and when I see results I don't just cave right now I need to stay away and just focus on plan and than I can move from there I know it sounds crazy but I just can't control the temptation to eat 1 peanut or One m&m. I
Need the out of sight out of mind... Plus I suck at cooking LOL hahahhaha

And why Bo calorie counting? I think it's insane like I def burned more than I ate but I'm not even hungry????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm used to starving on every other diet LOL

Thanks for the help !

Danielle

Hey Danielle: If it's crazy but it works for you then IT'S NOT CRAZY!! (that's a spinoff from: If it's stupid but it works it's not stupid). I completely understand. You have to place yourself in an environment where you can succeed! And, conversely, stay out of environments that might bring the opposite!!

Be a bit self-protective right now. That's how I am. I know my triggers, my limits and my safety zone. I know me. That's the bottom line.

My feeling is: Do what you need to do to "Git 'er done!!!"

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 03-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #286
Blabbermouth!!!

CC: "Awesome hotties abound!!" -CLINK!!! sip. ahhhhhhh.....yum. (burp)
Old 03-27-2012, 03:35 AM   #287
Junior LCF Member

What is the deal with allowing cocktail sauce that has sugar but we can't have a teaspoon of milk in our coffee??

That's the thing that confuses me me like he says cocktail sauce and ketchup but both have sugar! I miss my 1 teaspoon of milk in coffee!

Doing well so far I just ran 4 miles goin eat get to work and than box tonight at 7
Old 03-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #288
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Yeah me! I lost a pound for the week. That is a victory! I strayed and shook off the dust and got right back on the wagon. I have been in ketosis for a few days now and I'm still on fire! I have lost 9 pounds in two weeks. Not too shabby!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #289
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
What is the deal with allowing cocktail sauce that has sugar but we can't have a teaspoon of milk in our coffee??

That's the thing that confuses me me like he says cocktail sauce and ketchup but both have sugar! I miss my 1 teaspoon of milk in coffee!

Doing well so far I just ran 4 miles goin eat get to work and than box tonight at 7
The ketchup thing is indeed weird. GT never gave up using milk in her tea and she lost a great amount of weight.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #290
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Anyone thinking about Easter? Our traditional meal is low carb - lamb, asparagus, spring salad, brussels sprouts, (roasted potatoes). My biggest challenge is mint jelly for the lamb. I bought mint extract, and and I have a few other ingredients that I'm going to play with to see if I can come up with a lc version. If not, I'll eat my lamb without the mint jelly!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #291
Junior LCF Member

Hmmm may family usually has turkey or some other lean meat I always skip gravy and will eat no starches and will pass up all pastries !!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

down 1.8lbs yay! I was hoping for more but its a move in the right direction :-)
Old 03-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #293
Blabbermouth!!!

Mim! Yahoo! -9 in two weeks is awesome!

Kissa: You are off to a great start! KUTGW!!

Danielle: This time around I never gave up the TBLSP of half and half in my coffee! In times past, I would switch to hot tea in the mornings because I can drink and enjoy it with nothing in it. I can't stand coffee when It's black. So, I would give it up. And, I lost quickly in the beginning. But those were the times when, obviously, it did not stay off because I could not stick to the plan long term!

I keep telling everyone to read "The Dukan Diet" and especially focus just on The Attack Diet in the first part of the book. You can move on after you have lost a big bunch of weight, but Dukan's Attack Diet is Stillman, just better with a few tweaks, easier to understand the reasoning behind things, too.

For instance, I've heard many people ask why cottage cheese is allowed when it has carbs. Dukan explains why. Cottage cheese is a super weight loss power house on low carb and the carbs in it do not act like carbs in our bodies. He explains it better than that. But it's just one example of how things can work better. Dukan's plan worked faster for me than Stillman's.

However, I still consider it to be a Stillman diet because, as I said, Dukan is Stillman reincarnated with all the advantages of modern science!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Good Ro know I have the Dukan book on my tablet will check it out tonight. I love learning about the science of this stuff
Old 03-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #295
Junior LCF Member

Time to kickbox

So far I've had:

2 cups black coffee
1/2 actually a little Less than that pound of chicken breast

Will eat again after this workout is over at 8PM

MORE CHICKEN BREAST hahah
Old 03-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #296
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Time to kickbox

So far I've had:

2 cups black coffee
1/2 actually a little Less than that pound of chicken breast

Will eat again after this workout is over at 8PM

MORE CHICKEN BREAST hahah
I worry that you are not eating enough!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #297
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I just had a really strange thing happen. I was putting away some winter sweaters and as I picked up one I was actually sad that I won't get to wear it anymore. The next time I wear winter sweaters I will be much smaller and these sweaters will not fit!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #298
Junior LCF Member

MIM!!!

Omg
I track my. Cals and I'm eating like 600 to 800 cals a day but I'm not hungry at all! I love this chickenbreast I must eat about 1 lb of chicken a day sometimes even 2 pounds 1 lb is approx 400 cals
Old 03-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #299
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MIM!!!

Omg
I track my. Cals and I'm eating like 600 to 800 cals a day but I'm not hungry at all! I love this chickenbreast I must eat about 1 lb of chicken a day sometimes even 2 pounds 1 lb is approx 400 cals
I guess it just sounds like a very small amount, especially with your exercise! I probably am in that calorie range too.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #300
Junior LCF Member

Mim what do we do???? i dont want to go into starvation mode but girl i'm STUFFED!
Closed Thread