Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   I need a friend and a plan. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/759702-i-need-friend-plan.html)

Shannon_ 02-26-2012 05:27 PM

I need a friend and a plan.

I seem to come here every once in a while when I feel the need to lose weight. Two years ago I was 122, but today I find myself at 137. A few weeks ago, I did 1200 calories for 10 days and gained 5 pounds. I gained another few since then. Anyhow, all those clothes I bought at 122 pounds are sitting in my drawers while I wear sweats and an oversized sweater. I get hot, have awful acne these days, and Im sporting a huge belly. Im not pregnant.

Im going to go get some lab work done since its been years that Ive been to a doc. Im 34 with three little kids, and Im in a funk right now. Ive been doing loose Atkins induction for ohh 4 days now, and Ive gained half a pound. I should have lost the water weight by now.

Sooo, I guess its back to protein, coffee, and water. I havent stayed on Stillmans for longer than 11 days ever. If this doesnt work, Im going to cry. Being 5'2, I look fat and have serious body issues around my husband. I need to do this for me so that I can feel better in my skin. Hopefully the cysts that pop up on my face will leave. I look and feel terrible.

Tomorrow, Im going to eat hard boiled eggs, drink coffee, and drink 8 cups of water. Is there anyone here wishing to join me? Id be happy with a 10 pound loss.

Suzanne R 02-26-2012 08:29 PM

Shannon, I'm sorry you are in such a hard place.
Some of what you have described could be medical in nature. I think about PCOS, gluten sensitivity, thyroid disease. Glad you have having bloodwork.
Let up on yourself a bit too girl! I know you feel like you look fat, but look at pictures online of women your height and weight and maybe you will let up on yourself a bit?
Good luck!

chessie2m 02-27-2012 04:10 PM

Hi Shannon,
I would love to join you... I really really want to lose 20 pounds before summer.. I am 35 years old and have 3 littles as well. I started Stillmans today after a long weekend at a wrestling tournament for my boys. and I ate pizza and junk all weekend long and now I feel like a fat cow...
So if you want to check in daily and cheer each other on.. I have been trying to recruit a friend or a family member for a long time with no takers..
I am not going to weigh in until I get a few days under my belt.. the high number will be too crushing right now..
so tomorrows plan is chicken..eggs and water and coffee.. maybe tuna if I feel up to choking it down!!!
And exercise of some sort..now sure yet.. my long term going is to get back into running..I hate running but love to results!!
Talk to soon.. and good luck!!

Shannon_ 02-28-2012 05:12 PM

Hi Suzanne! I probably have body dysmorphic disorder or whatever you call it, but my muffin top in my size 6s and fat rolls make wearing a bra and pants uncomfortable. It is weird, you know, that pre 3 kids, I had more muscle and carried my weight much differently. Now, its fat rolls. Some women can pull it off, but I cant. Now that "summer" seems to be here (for us anyhow :) ), I cant fit into 90% of my clothes from last year, and Im making do with the one or two pieces I own that have elastic.

Chessie, I will root you on all the way to 125. We can have a 125 party together :) We are all headed to Myrtle Beach at the end of April, and it would be nice to wear my clothes again! I dont want to go for thin, I just want to fit into my clothes.

As for this way of eating, yesterday, I ate through 8 eggs with mayo, a few tbsps of celery and onions, and some mustard. Today, I tried to finish off my cabbage by throwing some in my eggs with hot sauce and lime juice. I hate to see veges go to waste, but I know QWL is antiveges at first, so once the cabbage is gone, Ill be sans mayo, veges, and hard cheese.

I have dropped a pound, so Im going to record it. I look forward to our daily check-ins! BTW, the rest of our family is taking a month to eat healthier. My husband is doing Atkins, and I put my kids on a no gluten, no cow milk, no processed foods diet. For the kids, its only a 1 month trial to see if they can appreciate more whole foods and less junk food. So far, they are eating with mostly smiles...

chessie2m 02-29-2012 05:27 AM

Yay!! so glad to have a partner.. I have doing perfect.. I havent weighed myself yet.. I have major pms issues and not seeing a drop on the scale will make me too discouraged.
Today is going be eggs and chicken... yuck!! but I am weighing in tomorrow.. will let you know how it turns out!!

Kiley2801 02-29-2012 08:10 AM

Hello ladies, another 30-something who would love to join in if you don't mind. I have about 25 lbs to lose to get back to where I am happy. Urgh.

I've dabbled in Stillmans before, but never managed to stay on but for a few days. Those darn weekends KILL me. My boyfriend and I are long-distance and only see each other on weekends... and we both love to relax with a nice meal and a few drinks on the weekends and well, you see where this is going.

I'm finishing up the rest of some veggies today, but tomorrow--MARCH 1--I intend to do a full 31 CLEAN Stillman days. On April 1 I'll re-assess and see if I want to transition to more of a Dukan-style or add more fats. Or maybe into JUDDD.

I've told the BF that I am 100% serious and cheating will not be tolerated, and he's totally on board with the plan. He's not doing it with me but is very supportive. :)

I'm not a daily weigher, but will weigh myself tomorrow, and then again at the end of the month. But I would love to post and share menus.

chessie2m 02-29-2012 08:47 AM

Welcome Kiley!! i hear you about the weekends.. it is fairly easy for me through out the week and then we usually have wrestling tournaments on saturdays (both my boys wrestle) and there is nothing to eat but pizza and junk and I have a hard time resisting.. cant wait to weigh in tomorrow and get a starting weight. it is def higher than my avatar.. but oh well..
I am with you on the 31 days.. If we stick to it for the whole 31 days we will easily be 15 pounds lighter by the 31st.. how exciting is that!!!
Can we do a little intro so we get to know each other..
I have been married to my best friend for 13 years...he is a gym teacher.. we have 2 boys ages 12 and 10 and a little girl that is 6.. I stayed home with my kiddos( but I did daycare and was a part time real estate agent) until this year when my baby started kindergarten.. I am now a full time real estate agent.. love my job.. live in upstate NY.. need to lose 20-25 pounds..
I would love to hear about everyone else...

Kiley2801 02-29-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessie2m (Post 15454633)
Welcome Kiley!! i hear you about the weekends.. it is fairly easy for me through out the week and then we usually have wrestling tournaments on saturdays (both my boys wrestle) and there is nothing to eat but pizza and junk and I have a hard time resisting.. cant wait to weigh in tomorrow and get a starting weight. it is def higher than my avatar.. but oh well..
I am with you on the 31 days.. If we stick to it for the whole 31 days we will easily be 15 pounds lighter by the 31st.. how exciting is that!!!
Can we do a little intro so we get to know each other..
I have been married to my best friend for 13 years...he is a gym teacher.. we have 2 boys ages 12 and 10 and a little girl that is 6.. I stayed home with my kiddos( but I did daycare and was a part time real estate agent) until this year when my baby started kindergarten.. I am now a full time real estate agent.. love my job.. live in upstate NY.. need to lose 20-25 pounds..
I would love to hear about everyone else...

Hooray! Good plan! And nice to meet you. :shake:
I'm glad to hear that your transition back to the work force has been a smooth one, too. That's a big change to make--and I'm sure it helps that you love your job too!

I am 38 and live in Virginia outside of Washington DC. I am a writer and I live with my 2 'fur-kids', dog and a cat. :) My boyfriend lives up in Pennsylvania, so about 2 or 2.5 hours away depending on traffic. He is a director of Pharmacy for a hospital up there.

He and I met in college... so almost 20 years ... then drifted apart for a # of years due to MY stupidity (blame it on young age..lol) As fate had it, we were both single again around this time last year and reconnected on Facebook. We had our "first" date on Valentines Day last year... and we've pretty much been together every weekend since! :love: Neither of us have any kids ... but if we end up getting married I'd like to try for one... IF my body cooperates!!! LOL

chessie2m 02-29-2012 11:25 AM

another facebook reconnection.. I love it..
We went to DC last year on a mini vacation... we loved it.. we went during the cherry blossom time of year..so very crowded but beautiful!!
so far so good today, it is my third day so appetite is going away along with the cravings, so now the key is no cheating because if I have 1 bite they all come back.
Thinking of egg drop soup for dinner.. if you never had it.. it is really good and filling.
I boil chicken broth and drop an egg in a whisk it..really good on a cold day like today. I might even add some chicken..

Shannon_ 02-29-2012 12:01 PM

Well..I grew up in and upstate NY and live in VA (far from DC) now. I agree that the official Stillman no cheat should begin tomorrow as Ive had an accident while talking on the phone this morning. I mindlessly ate 1/2-1 pancake of my child's. At first, it was a small taste, and before I finished my conversation, I noticed the whole stinking thing was gone!!!!! I hope it didnt bring me out of ketosis, but Ive been fine since. I have to remember not to talk on the phone around food...any food.

Well Kiley, its good to have another on board for this most challenging task. My first mini challenge is to get past 11 days. I have no desire to exercise at this time.

Kiley2801 02-29-2012 12:17 PM

Yay- looking forward to the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead these next 31 days!!! :)

eta: I actually have the QWL book at home. going to re-read it tonight to get pumped up for March.

chessie2m 03-01-2012 05:25 AM

weighed in and it was not pretty... 152.. .but it is my time of the month soooo hopefully there will be a drop in a few days.. plus this is going to be the first weekend I dont cheat!!! I will do this!!! there is still a few months till summer and bathing suit weather..
we have a pool and spend most of our time there all summer.. I would love to not feel like a whale.
REally hoping for the 140's by the end of the weekend..
I did eat salad last night..hubby made a big chicken salad with lots of veggies..it was very good.. low carb but not stillmans..so todays plan is 100% stills!!

Shannon_ 03-01-2012 09:32 AM

140s by Monday is definitely doable, Chessie. Have fun!

I feel better already just coming off my TOM. Id like to see 133 by Monday and maybe 131 by next weekend... I'm pretty sure I'm in ketosis as I'm just not hungry...

chessie2m 03-01-2012 11:56 AM

I feel the same way Shannon.. I am just not hungry.. of course food looks good but I can resist... right now 133 sounds wonderful.. I will get there in April sometime!!!

It'stime 03-01-2012 12:22 PM

Hi Ladies,
May I jump in here with you all. I'm 30 something, something and something.
I'd love to lose 15 pounds or more this month.
I'm working on my plan now and will get back to you on it.
So far I haven't eaten today so doing good.
My start weight is 175.......:)

Shannon_ 03-01-2012 04:35 PM

Hi Frances! The more weight loss buds, the merrier! This time, lets make the effort and hard work pay off. I'm not sure if I should bother going back to my eating habits again. That temporary high I get with cookies isn't worth it. Feeling like garbage and back pedaling to repeat the cycle again is tiring.

I remember years ago I could go out and drink Starbucks and eat cake and not be worse for the wear. Not so anymore..my body seems to get that high and then becomes inflamed. I think when I'm done with Stillman's, I'm going to find the Max carb level I can eat without gaining and just live there...

Shannon_ 03-01-2012 04:40 PM

Chessie, I'm going to try your egg drop soup tomorrow..sounds fab..

chessie2m 03-02-2012 05:23 AM

Welcome Frances!!! I did have the egg drop soup for dinner and it was very good..then I went to the grocery store and had a few sugar free candies..and then a sugar free jello and light whipped cream.. I know that is not horrible and would be fine on Maintenance but not STillMans.. so of course I am up .2 today :sad:..nobody to blame but myself.. so I really need today to be 100% stills I have no appetite right now... thank God I dont need to go to the grocery store!!!
I am going to make a bunch of deviled eggs made with mustard (not mayo) and grilling up some chicken so I can be prepared..
Has anyone else weighed in yet..or am I the only obsessive one with the scale!!

Shannon_ 03-02-2012 06:52 AM

Horseradish mustard gives my chic and defiled eggs a nice spice. However, I need a tissue nearby. Also, I will have to remember not to get to cozy with sugar free items. I'm taking my left over coffee and swirling it with coconut milk lite, appends, and cinnamon in a huge lidded cup. If its really cold, it is delicious; luke warm is nasty.

It'stime 03-02-2012 10:35 AM

Well i am so pumped today ladies. :) I dropped 5 pounds in one day. Well before joining you guys this weight was teetering back and forth and kicking in Stillmans made the drop......I am 170. Yes I am a daily weigher and sometimes it's fun. I had about 700 calories yesterday. One turkey burger and one lean regular burger and 2 eggs (just hard boiled.

Today I will make some eggdrop soup with some chicken broth I have with Indian curry in it. It has a little chicken in it too. Thanks for the egg drop soup idea Chessie. And a big HI to you.:hiya: We are gonna do it this time 4 good:high5:

It'stime 03-02-2012 10:41 AM

P.S.

I'm planning some hot thighs with Louisianna hot sauce on chicken thighs that i first boil then broil. I have been soaking them in the sauce over night. Eggs drop soup and probably another turkey burger. I just love those turkey burgers from Costco. They are all pattied out for you and very lean and 200 calories. I want to have a back up crock of soup from the chicken broth in case of emergencies. The curry makes it nice for a change sometimes. I really want to hear what you all are doing to keep this thing interesting.....

Shannon_ 03-02-2012 03:22 PM

I'm typing from my Kindle, so this word auto correct feature said "defiled" chicken haha! Well, today I ate chicken with that mustard and a tsp of onions, lots of coffee, a squirt of coconut milk lite, some eggs in hotsauce and lime juice, and 2 small sausage links. I think I'm done for the night. It is 6PM.

Shannon_ 03-02-2012 03:24 PM

Frances, way to go 5 lbs. Good ridence!

It'stime 03-03-2012 11:59 PM

thanks Shannon,
but last night i pigged out, but did good today, so I think the damage is minimal.

Chessie,
how are you doing?

chessie2m 03-04-2012 12:09 PM

Hello.. been busy.. my boys wrestling tournament was all day yesterday.. we left at 5:30 in the morning and got home at 8:30 at night.. and I actually stuck to low carb.. not stillmans.. but low carb, which is huge for me because usually a group of us go out to eat afterwards.. and I was good and got a bunless burger and water and cottage cheese. It actually was pretty easy..
I will weigh in tomorrow..hoping for a lose since TOM is finally gone... trying to be extra good today..
will let you know tomorrow morning!!!

Shannon_ 03-04-2012 07:55 PM

Chessie, great job on sticking to low carb. I cannot wait to see results! As for me, I drink only coffee and water, ate only chicken today..not more than 800 calories..and I'm bloated and up a pound. This was my weekend-style diet. The sad thing is that I had an ovarian cyst during TOM and now less than two weeks later, its back same side. I look like I'm 4 months pregnant. I'm typing this while lying on a heating pad. My gyn will get a call in the morning. I should be at 133 based on past performance..but the scale just read 137.6. Stupid hormones..

chessie2m 03-05-2012 05:45 AM

I hate hormones!!! I am sure you will be right back down as soon as you deal with cyst... the key is sticking with the diet regardless of the scale.. I really should stop weighing so much because it effects my mood...
\ well I was the same as I was on Friday!!! so annoying..but I have not been doing stillmans more like atkins.. but I will take maintaining through the weekend because they are really tough for me.. so back to buisness today!! eggs and tuna and water water water... I am going to try and get some exercise as well..
Have a great day everyone!!

Cami-ICU-RN 03-05-2012 06:48 AM

Hi!

Hi! Not to hijack your thread, but this seems like a really nice group of people. I think I'll be joining ya.
:)
Cami

Kiley2801 03-05-2012 07:51 AM

Hello Stillman friends! Happy Monday!

I've been doing pretty well so far, especially considering it was the weekend! I've mostly been sticking to chicken, shrimp, extra-lean ground beef and a few eggs. I do add in a Jay Robb protein shake now and again, but those are practically zero carb, zero fat, and ALL good (stevia-sweetened) protein. I feel like if Dr. Stills was alive today he'd approve them (or maybe I'm just fooling myself!) Ok, and if I eat eggs, I do have to add a touch of that Cabot 75% Reduced Fat Cheddar. I just can't handle plain eggs.

I've also gotten back on the exercise train--FINALLY. I ordered a new DVD called "10 Pound Slimdown" and I LOVE it. I has 5 separate workouts: Total Body, Upper, Lower, Core and Yoga. Each one is only 20 minutes, but omg, those 20 minutes pack a serious punch!!! I'm sore today, but it feels good. Oh and the DVD was only $15 on Amazon. Gotta love getting your $$$'s worth!!!

Anyway it's nearing my TOM, but I'm still feeling much slimmer and more positive than I was at this time last week--so yay! :)

It'stime 03-05-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cami-ICU-RN (Post 15467899)
Hi! Not to hijack your thread, but this seems like a really nice group of people. I think I'll be joining ya.
:)
Cami

flattery will get you everywhere! Nice to meet you!

:welcome: