Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 173/180/120
WOE: Atkins72 five days/Stillmans 2 days
Start Date: November 1st, 2014
Cami, That's great! That's my hope to hit a 5 pound real drop.
I've never tried Greek yogurt. I'm gonna have to try it. Could you list the recipe if you have it?

That stuff is costy.
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon_ View Post
Good Golly! That took long enough. 0.8 pounds isnt much considering, but Ill take it. Im soooo happy for my Iced Coffees! Its gonna be 80 here today! Yippee!~

A drop is a drop and a gain is a pain.....We'll take it!

Old 03-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cami-ICU-RN
Stats: 147.4/142.4/138
WOE: Dukan, Stillman, & general low carb ;)
Start Date: 03/05/2012
Greek Yogurt

Heat 8 cups milk (whatever kind you like, I use 2%) in the microwave in glass Pyrex container(s). I use (2)glass 4-cup measuring cups with handles. (from here on, called "bowls")

Warm two bowls of milk to 180 degrees. That's about 17 minutes in my microwave. I just check it with my meat thermometer every minute past 17. *Don't allow thermometer to touch the glass bottom or sides.

Once at 180, stir, remove any skin, & take out of microwave & allow milk to cool to 100-108 degrees. More on the 100 degree side.

Once cooled, add a tablespoon of Greek yogurt to each 4 cup bowl. (my first batch, I made with a FAGE cup, using half for each bowl. (discard any fruit topping) :-)*
Whisk to distribute the cultures.

Put cling wrap or press and seal on the tops of the bowls.

Put in a barely warmed oven with the light on or even on a low heating pad.
(my oven has no light, so I turn it to warm for a few seconds when I walk past the kitchen.)*

Try and keep milk at 100 degrees. This is warm enough for cultures to grow, but not so hot they die.

8 hrs later, you have yogurt with yellow liquid whey on the top.

To make it GREEK, line a colander with cheesecloth (or do what I do, use those nice thick Viva paper towels to line colander. Works great.)
Pour yogurt in colander and suspend colander over a bowl. Saran wrap the whole thing to keep odors out and put in fridge overnight.

In the AM, you'll have lovely Greek yogurt.

Pick up corners of paper towels and dump yogurt into storage container. (comes out almost all in one blob, lol) Stir a little to make all of the yogurt the same consistency.

Discard liquid whey or save it in fridge to feed doggies a tablespoon at a time. (My Tater & Lolli love it on their dry food)

Yay Greek yogurt!

Use Splenda, vanilla, berries or enjoy plain! Save a couple tablespoons of your new yogurt to make the next batch! Make within about 5 days. Otherwise, buy another yogurt cup to make your next batch.*

Off to the ICU! Have a great day!
Cami-ICU-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shannon_
Stats: 137/132.6/125
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 1/05/10
Finally my body is cooperating....
Shannon_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

well yesterday the calories carbs and fat went off the chart......
Incredible what I can eat!

Today i'm doing much better. Of course, i'm running on yesterdays calories. Hope you all are doing good!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chessie2m
Stats: 190/144/125
Start Date: 3/1/2006
Frances.. in the same boat as you!! what was I thinking.. I feel like such a looser restarting once again.. but options do I have.. I cant just give up!!!
So we are having a huge party here tonight, so I am already thinking I know I wont do it today.. so tomorrow is a recommitment day!!!
on a positive note I ran 4 days this week in the morning..so at least I am doing that!!
chessie2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shannon_
Stats: 137/132.6/125
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 1/05/10
TOM is here, and holding steady at 133. This is good news! You all are doing a great job despite any setbacks. Just remember that summer is coming early this year....... Stay on track!
Shannon_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

thanks so much Cami for posting that Yogurt recipe.

Hi All,
Just checking in. I am still recovering from my Mega High Calorie Day. Mental note. don't do that again
Old 03-19-2012, 05:20 AM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cami-ICU-RN
Stats: 147.4/142.4/138
WOE: Dukan, Stillman, & general low carb ;)
Start Date: 03/05/2012
Todays edition is entitled: Stalls On Stills and constipation. *sigh and Lol.

Have a good Monday everyone!
Cami-ICU-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Cami,
did you break the stall yet?

How's everyone doing?
I've been going to high on my up days last week with my Judd lowcarb. But Monday I had a straight stillmans day and yesterday I stayed on plan with 1630 low carb day.

I'm back to 165 and hoping to stay on plan to see a loss by Monday. Just shake it off guys if you had a little fall or stall,,,,,we are gonna do it this time.....
Old 03-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Hi!

Frances- you have made great progress- awesome! So you have lost 10 pounds doing a Stillman and Juddd combo since the beginning of March??

As for me... things were no bueno in diet-land. My grandma passed unexpectedly a few weeks back, so was dealing with not only the sadness of that, but also spending a good bit of time with relatives and neighbors who were bringing over the MOST delicious homeade treats and dishes... all day, EVERY day (she had a LOT of friends). SO yeah.... any progress I made in early March was eliminated.

But the good news is that I am back on the diet and exercise horse as of today!!! And I have more motivation. I am either going to Vegas or Florida in May and there is no flippin' way I'm going to be seen in a bathing suit (or anything showing any skin) looking like I do now.

I was going to go hard-core Stills... but now your progress w/ Juddd is making me think I should incorporate that methodology, too... HMMMMM.
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everyone...
I am on day number 4 of low carb and I feel fabulous!! so glad I did not give up... 4 days makes all the difference in the world..cravings and hunger are gone and the water bloat is gone..
Think how fast 4 days goes by and I feel like a different person. I feel like I can do this!!
boiling some eggs in a min to make deviled eggs with mustard only.
It is going to be 80 and sunny today and I have the day off!!! sun time for me!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessie2m View Post
Hey Everyone...
I am on day number 4 of low carb and I feel fabulous!! so glad I did not give up... 4 days makes all the difference in the world..cravings and hunger are gone and the water bloat is gone..
Think how fast 4 days goes by and I feel like a different person. I feel like I can do this!!
boiling some eggs in a min to make deviled eggs with mustard only.
It is going to be 80 and sunny today and I have the day off!!! sun time for me!
Great news Chessie! I hope to report the same in a few days as well.

What does your menu look like if you dont' mind me asking?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

well I am not doing stillmans yet.. I need the a some fat the first few days until I hit Ketosis..
So basically I have been eating 2 cups of coffee with light cream in the morning. .tuna mustard and sugar free pickles for lunch with fat free cottage cheese and ground beef with sugar free ketchup for dinner..snacks are cheese sticks and sometimes pepperoni.. so not stillmans but I am going to ease into it. I am thinking Monday will be a good day because by then I will have zero hunger and it makes is so much easier to stick with.
I also have been pounding water.. and exercising.. which I think gets you into ketosis alot faster.
I walked to my parents this morning which is 2 miles uphill and I was imagining my body looking for fuel but since I did not eat any carbs it was going right to my stored fat!! hahaha
Old 03-23-2012, 02:03 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiley2801 View Post
Hi!

Frances- you have made great progress- awesome! So you have lost 10 pounds doing a Stillman and Juddd combo since the beginning of March??

As for me... things were no bueno in diet-land. My grandma passed unexpectedly a few weeks back, so was dealing with not only the sadness of that, but also spending a good bit of time with relatives and neighbors who were bringing over the MOST delicious homeade treats and dishes... all day, EVERY day (she had a LOT of friends). SO yeah.... any progress I made in early March was eliminated.

But the good news is that I am back on the diet and exercise horse as of today!!! And I have more motivation. I am either going to Vegas or Florida in May and there is no flippin' way I'm going to be seen in a bathing suit (or anything showing any skin) looking like I do now.

I was going to go hard-core Stills... but now your progress w/ Juddd is making me think I should incorporate that methodology, too... HMMMMM.
Hi Kiley,
well since the beginning of March I've been doing a little of this and that LCing. Stillmans, Atkins and just this week I've been doing pretty good with a Judd plan of alternating stillmans for DD and under 60 carbs for Updays. I don't think I'll really be able to see how this is working until the end of this month. I'm feeling good about it now. Last week I tried it but flopped pretty bad on a few days. so I was only trying to recover from that.

Sorry to hear of the loss of you Grandma

Frances
Old 03-23-2012, 02:32 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Chessie,
It is so great to get into the fatburning zone!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hi Kiley,
well since the beginning of March I've been doing a little of this and that LCing. Stillmans, Atkins and just this week I've been doing pretty good with a Judd plan of alternating stillmans for DD and under 60 carbs for Updays. I don't think I'll really be able to see how this is working until the end of this month. I'm feeling good about it now. Last week I tried it but flopped pretty bad on a few days. so I was only trying to recover from that.

Sorry to hear of the loss of you Grandma
Thank you so much. She was a very special lady.

You are doing so great, regardless. Mixing it up is definitely working for you!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ladies,
Today is my weigh in day and I finally made 160. It is a fragile 160 but that is the weight the old fashioned scale landed and quivered up and down. When you shift around so does the dial. So my goal for the rest of March is to make it a more solid 160. I actually like this scale better than the digital one. You can imagine why.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hi Ladies,
Today is my weigh in day and I finally made 160. It is a fragile 160 but that is the weight the old fashioned scale landed and quivered up and down. When you shift around so does the dial. So my goal for the rest of March is to make it a more solid 160. I actually like this scale better than the digital one. You can imagine why.
Great job!

I have made the decious to go back for another round of HCG. I know it sounds crazy but for some reason a restricted calorie diet like hcg is "easier" for me than one where I have free reign to eat as much as I want (even if it is only low-fat protein!)

I lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks doing it last year, so I hope to have the same success this time around.

Good luck ladies!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Kiley,
You'll do it. We all need to find that right plan. My favorite plan is not to have to stick to one plan. If your ever in my neighborhood stop by and say hi.

I have the Splash diet plan,,,,,,
Old 03-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dreams skinny
Stats: 263/???/125
WOE: Atkins72 (20 or less)
Start Date: Restart Oct . 2013/restart April 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon_ View Post
I seem to come here every once in a while when I feel the need to lose weight. Two years ago I was 122, but today I find myself at 137. A few weeks ago, I did 1200 calories for 10 days and gained 5 pounds. I gained another few since then. Anyhow, all those clothes I bought at 122 pounds are sitting in my drawers while I wear sweats and an oversized sweater. I get hot, have awful acne these days, and Im sporting a huge belly. Im not pregnant.

Im going to go get some lab work done since its been years that Ive been to a doc. Im 34 with three little kids, and Im in a funk right now. Ive been doing loose Atkins induction for ohh 4 days now, and Ive gained half a pound. I should have lost the water weight by now.

Sooo, I guess its back to protein, coffee, and water. I havent stayed on Stillmans for longer than 11 days ever. If this doesnt work, Im going to cry. Being 5'2, I look fat and have serious body issues around my husband. I need to do this for me so that I can feel better in my skin. Hopefully the cysts that pop up on my face will leave. I look and feel terrible.

Tomorrow, Im going to eat hard boiled eggs, drink coffee, and drink 8 cups of water. Is there anyone here wishing to join me? Id be happy with a 10 pound loss.
let's do this
dreams skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
I LOVE having friends and a PLAN! The two together make a great team! We are with you... how is your week going????
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
Kiley2801: I've done HcG a couple times myself. You lose weight, fat, inches, dress sizes quickly. 20 pounds in 6 weeks feels great and looks great.

On Stillman's, the first week you can expect to lose 5-10% of your current weight! That means, if you weigh 200#, you should lose between 10 and 20 pounds the first week! Amazing! Why not do Stillman's a couple weeks for a great JUMP START and then switch over to HcG for a 6-week round. You might LOVe the results!
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote