Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #211
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I have been on plan for a week and lost 5! I hope to start some light walking this week and progress to some real exercise!
Glad you are feeling better. And, WOO-HOOO on the negative 5!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #212
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
does anyone have a better thread title for March or should I just go for it?
Go for it!!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #213
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desifink View Post

Sooo, today I'm solidly back into the 190s. Yay me!!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!
You said you would do it and you DID IT! YAY YOU!!!

And a big from me. I'm in northern CA. It's actually snowing just up the road a few miles from us today. A bit weird, but the ski lodges are loving it.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #214
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Yam - several years ago I lost a lot of weight - 60 pounds! I exercised and felt great. You have reminded of just how good I felt and have inspired me!
Hey Mim: You can do it again, for sure! We shall keep bugging each other. The interesting thing for me was that in the beginning I was overwhelmed at how much I had to lose. My brain kept telling me that unless I could drop 50 pounds immediately, I'd be a failure. My surprise is that I'm not disappointed to have only lost a bit over 30 pounds and that it's taking me so long. I feel so much better, like you said, than I ever thought I would. I feel lighter on my feet and that was a big goal of mine. 30 pounds heavier, I just always felt like I was clomping along. Now I can really move!

I lost faster at first. Then I noticed that after I lose a certain amount, my body "rests" for a while and gets used to maintaining. If I can learn to maintain each loss, that will be a huge victory for me.

At first, I dropped 15 pounds and then stayed at that weight for about a week. Then dropped 5 more in 5 days and stayed there for several weeks. Since then it's been a pattern of dropping between 2 and 5 pounds and seeing my body just hang out at that weight. But the loss of inches is very encouraging. Every time I notice the inches going down, I know in about a week or so the scale will go down a couple of pounds.

this is a constant journey and learning process and I'm really in it for the long haul.

I'm trying real hard not to put dates or deadlines on my goals. It seems to be self defeating for me. I set a goal of losing 5 pounds in February and it just did not happen because of family tragedies and unexpected (plus some planned) traveling. I realized yesterday I'm still not over the grief of losing 2 brothers so close together. I had a day of pulling the covers over my head, popping open a bottle of wine and eating a bit of pasta with my turkey breast last night. Surprisingly the scale was only up a fraction this morning.

I think I really needed the sleep.

Sorry for my long ramblings! I'm kind of motivated to talk about weight loss because I just started my new March daily Weight graph and started a new journal.

I'm going to spend some time this morning reading the first few chapters of Dukan's book and a bit from Stillman's QWL because they always motivate me to get/keep going.

So glad we are all in this together and that we are constantly here for each other!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 03-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: desifink
Stats: 210/210/150
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: July 8, 2012
Yam, you've done a great job so far. 33.2 lbs since August is amazing. Be good to yourself - you've been through a huge emotional trauma and you need to heal physically and emotionally. I firmly believe the two are connected and it's just about impossible to lose significant weight if we're stressed and under big emotional strain.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desifink View Post
Yam, you've done a great job so far. 33.2 lbs since August is amazing. Be good to yourself - you've been through a huge emotional trauma and you need to heal physically and emotionally. I firmly believe the two are connected and it's just about impossible to lose significant weight if we're stressed and under big emotional strain.
Thanks so much Heather. I think you are right. I'm trying to not be very hard on myself right now or expect too much just yet. There is surely a body/mind/heart connection. I like it better when they are all working together. Just not happening for me right now. But I'm doing what I can.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
okay losers the new thread awaits..........see you there!
Closed Thread