Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #151
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
April: and glad you are back on board! Sounds like you have a plan and you WILL succeed. Let's do this.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Thank you Yam-Yam!

Today is my official start of QWL, so here are my stats:
143.6 lbs. - I always weigh in the morning, after "elimination" and showering

Breakfast - 5.3 oz. of 0% fat Greek yogurt (I prefer this to cottage cheese, I figured it would be ok since they have essentially the same nutritional info.)

For lunch I plan to have about 5 oz. of 98% fat free canned chicken breast.

I'm going out to a movie and dinner with my Meetup group tonight, so I'm not sure about dinner yet....haven't decided if I will to eat at home before I go or take my chances on (hopefully) finding something suitable on the menu.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by als9503 View Post
Thank you Yam-Yam!

Today is my official start of QWL, so here are my stats:
143.6 lbs. - I always weigh in the morning, after "elimination" and showering

Breakfast - 5.3 oz. of 0% fat Greek yogurt (I prefer this to cottage cheese, I figured it would be ok since they have essentially the same nutritional info.)

For lunch I plan to have about 5 oz. of 98% fat free canned chicken breast.

I'm going out to a movie and dinner with my Meetup group tonight, so I'm not sure about dinner yet....haven't decided if I will to eat at home before I go or take my chances on (hopefully) finding something suitable on the menu.
I totally agree on the Greek, FF yogurt being a good substitute for cottage cheese, or even having it in addition to CC is OK.

You really don't have far to go at all to reach your goal. We will be cheering you on all the way.

I vote for going out to eat with friends whenever possible. The great thing about QWL is that you can always find protein on the menu no matter where you go. What I do is order a huge glass of iced tea and start with that. Then I pick a meal that has lots of lean protein. When the server brings it, I start to gobble up protein, talk lots and drink my tea. I'll play around with the veggies and salad (with EVOO and ACV) and eat a little bit of those, but I make sure I really chow down on the protein.

Anyway, I know you will make good choices! Just stay far, far away from the movie popcorn! Especially if it has butter!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Fortunately, I will not be tempted by movie popcorn. The film is being shown at the DIA (Detroit Institute of Arts) and they do not allow any food or beverages in the theater except for water, thank goodness!
Old 02-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I woke up feeling better than I have in weeks. The pneumonia really has taken me for a ride. Taking so long to recover is partly due to my repressed immune system. Anyway, while I'm not strong enough yet to exercise, I am on plan and looking forward to lots of weight loss!
O Mim pneumonia is not to be taken lightly.......glad you're better.......DH did a three day hospital stay trying to ignore it....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Thanks!!!

so far so good! I am down 4 pounds in 2 days

I have decided to weigh myself on Fridays and Tuesdays so that I can hold myself more accountable on weekends seeing as they are usually my downfall.
go you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
As in phen-phen???? Cooooool!! Hee!!
ugh, ppor souls, modern medicine killing us all
Quote:
Hello Ladies! I haven't posted here since October! I know...shameful! Maybe if I had remained active in the forum I wouldn't have gained 12 pounds. So, I am back...to make my accountable and lend my support to others.

As of my last posting (10/27/11) I was 131.4 and I am now 143, down a bit from a high of 145. In that time, I have tried the primal blueprint, the paleo diet, the leptin reset, dairy-free low carb (something of my own design) and Dukan. I did better on some than others. I have come to understand that I cannot have an eating plan that includes unlimited dairy (Dukan), even if it is non-fat. I WILL over-indulge. And I'm lactose intolerant so I was always gassy and bloated...that doesn't look or feel good. Of course, in the midst of all those different plans, I found plenty of reasons to eat OFF plan...Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, birthdays, road trips, weddings, oh and there's cookies in the kitchen at work.

I will be 39 in March and I decided that I will not spend the last year of my thirties living inauthentically. Getting m body back in shape is part of that resolve. I finally mustered up the courage to end an unhealthy, unfullfilling relationship and broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years on Valentine's Day (I didn't plan for it to be on V-day, it just kinda happened like that). If I can do that, then I can do this.

So now the journey back to myself begins. The last time I did Stillman's, I lost 6 pounds on 4 days, so I'm hoping that I will at least be in the 130s by my birthday on March 3rd.

Well, thanks for listening (or reading, hehe). My goal is to post daily, even if it's just to say hi and give my menu and results.

~April
welcome back!

still catching up.......
Old 02-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well I am so happy to announce that after a fifteen year absence DH and I are back in the care of a chiropractor.
I am in need of maintenance and DH was literally writhing with the hip pain from the last winter (2009-10).
He was horrified at the xrays, the outer edges of the vertebrae look like this ) ( trying to cope with the mialignment and the spine is scoliotic now. It will be a long road.
But despite the initial pain he is slowly losing his leaning to starboard gait even after only two adjustments.

On a lighter note, even after all these years, during the initial examination ir appears I can still get my ankles behind my head..........
Old 02-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O goodie, on tap for tomorrow's outing.......

Wind Gusts Up To 60 MPH Forecasted For NYC Area‎- Yeshiva World News

Old 02-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 02-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #159
Blabbermouth!!!

Cc: OMGosh!! Forwarding that to everyone I know! ROFL!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 04:21 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O the gas price thing.........I have another one but it references the prez which would be inappropriate.....where's all the outrage and inquests this time around????
Old 02-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O the gas price thing.........I have another one but it references the prez which would be inappropriate.....where's all the outrage and inquests this time around????
I hear ya! That picture was funny!
Old 02-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Checking in

As of this morning I am down only 1 pound to 142. I expected more, but I'm pretty sure that I did not lose more because I ate three cupcakes and several spoonfuls of chocolate frosting and almond butter on Thursday night. I tend to see my carb/sugar indiscretions on the scale about 48 hours after I eat them. I count yesterday (Friday) as my first official day of Stillman's so I'm not too torn up about it. I expect to see a greater loss tomorrow.

While I didn't have a huge loss on the scale, my stomach definitely looks and feels flatter.

Today's menu (so far):

Breakfast
4 scrambled egg whites with salsa

Lunch
5 scrambled egg whites with fat free cream cheese and salsa. I figured salsa would be ok since it has no fat and fewer carbs than ketchup, which was allowed by Dr. Stillman.

Snack
2 oz. of fat free cream cheese mixed with about 4 oz. of fat free greek yogurt, vanilla extract and stevia to sweeten. It tasted kind of like cheese cake...kind of.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:38 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O Als, run away, run far, far away!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope everthing is all right out there........
Old 02-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
well I am so happy to announce that after a fifteen year absence DH and I are back in the care of a chiropractor.
I am in need of maintenance and DH was literally writhing with the hip pain from the last winter (2009-10).
He was horrified at the xrays, the outer edges of the vertebrae look like this ) ( trying to cope with the mialignment and the spine is scoliotic now. It will be a long road.
But despite the initial pain he is slowly losing his leaning to starboard gait even after only two adjustments.

On a lighter note, even after all these years, during the initial examination ir appears I can still get my ankles behind my head..........
I'm not even going to ask!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
I have effed up today...but no more. this is my year! I can not tell you how much I miss department store shopping...used to be such a trend setter (not meaning to blow my own trumpet but hey). I want to wear what I like again and not just what suits my figure, if you know what I mean...checking in with you girls every day from now. It's getting warmer and I can not/will not go through another summer all covered up!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Makeme, you are not alone. I messed up today also. After going down only one pound, the scale started to move in the other direction. I literally gained a pound every day for the past 3 days and now I am 145. Argh!!!!! Am I eating too much dairy (greek yogurt, fat free cream cheese)? Are my meats not lean enough? Man, I don't know! when I woke up at 145 this morning, my willpower took a blow. I ate some macadamia nuts as a snack in class and it all went down hill from there. Two cupcakes and two pieces of buttered cinnamon swirl bread later, I am kicking myself. Part of me wants to just give in and order a huge pizza...the other part of me wants to get more severe with my eating and only consume lean meats and water. But is that really sustainable?

It has only been 4 days, but I had such great results the first time around. I just did not expect to GAIN in the first 4 days of being strict. I am disgusted with myself, but I also feel like eating a box of Krispy Kremes...by myself! Ugh, what is WRONG with me!

Last edited by als9503; 02-27-2012 at 04:53 PM..
Old 02-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/200/160 5'5.5"
I'm trying y'all...trying to get back on the straight and narrow...

Mim, I hope you are feeling better...so much sickness going around...we've had such a mild winter here in Mississippi that it's being predicted that everyone's allergies will be terrible this year...the pollen count & all will be high early.

Anyway, I hope you bounce back quickly. My son had pnemonia and it took him a couple of weeks to get his strength back. But he's good as new now.

Yam, I may have to try your biggie hot chocolate drink. I've been wanting to get some CO in my system...I just cannot eat it off of the spoon and I dislike it in my coffee. I'm used to heating up big cups of water...(like about 30 oz) about 3 times a day...I can drink big gulps of lukewarm...but not cold. I drink cold water when I want to sip... Anyway, thanks for the great idea! Chocolate sounds great!

I've just got to get back on track...i hit the track last week and have walked 5X...but i've reaggravated my bad ankle...and I'm not sure what to do about it. My left foot is very flat and that ankle gets out of whack easily.

We are going to Disney on March 10 and I was trying to build up my stamina for that...I don't know if it's the shoes I'm wearing that is messing me up...maybe I should try some new shoes.

Is anyone here an experienced flat footer???

for the past month my appetite/cravings are more than I can stand. I just can't seem to get satisfied. And weekends I cave...

I need a good dose of ketosis...and I need to make it through the weekend and stay in ketosis.

This is the only group I'm comfortable enough with to share all of my failures with! you all are so supportive...and I've been encouraged just reading your Feb posts!

CC, I hear you about the chiropractor...I need to go back myself...mine helped me so much and I really like the fact that the treatments do not require medication...

I'm hoping the scales will go back down quickly...I can't believe I've gotten back into the 180's...but I know it would take me NO TIME at all to get back in the 200's...and that's when my aches and pains really start in my feet, legs and back...

so I've got to do this! Thanks for reading...
Old 02-28-2012, 07:15 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I have effed up today...but no more. this is my year! I can not tell you how much I miss department store shopping...used to be such a trend setter (not meaning to blow my own trumpet but hey). I want to wear what I like again and not just what suits my figure, if you know what I mean...checking in with you girls every day from now. It's getting warmer and I can not/will not go through another summer all covered up!
O I sooo gotta get rid of these veggies and get to hardcore
Quote:
Makeme, you are not alone. I messed up today also. After going down only one pound, the scale started to move in the other direction. I literally gained a pound every day for the past 3 days and now I am 145. Argh!!!!! Am I eating too much dairy (greek yogurt, fat free cream cheese)? Are my meats not lean enough? Man, I don't know! when I woke up at 145 this morning, my willpower took a blow. I ate some macadamia nuts as a snack in class and it all went down hill from there. Two cupcakes and two pieces of buttered cinnamon swirl bread later, I am kicking myself. Part of me wants to just give in and order a huge pizza...the other part of me wants to get more severe with my eating and only consume lean meats and water. But is that really sustainable?

It has only been 4 days, but I had such great results the first time around. I just did not expect to GAIN in the first 4 days of being strict. I am disgusted with myself, but I also feel like eating a box of Krispy Kremes...by myself! Ugh, what is WRONG with me!
Awww, Als, there's nothing wrong with you, except that you won't forgive yourself........
where do you keep running into these sugary poisonous temptations?? is someone setting you up for failure? you have to commit to yourself and love yourself, even on days when you're not feeling the love.....

Post your menus so we can see what's going on there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I'm trying y'all...trying to get back on the straight and narrow...

Mim, I hope you are feeling better...so much sickness going around...we've had such a mild winter here in Mississippi that it's being predicted that everyone's allergies will be terrible this year...the pollen count & all will be high early.

Anyway, I hope you bounce back quickly. My son had pnemonia and it took him a couple of weeks to get his strength back. But he's good as new now.

Yam, I may have to try your biggie hot chocolate drink. I've been wanting to get some CO in my system...I just cannot eat it off of the spoon and I dislike it in my coffee. I'm used to heating up big cups of water...(like about 30 oz) about 3 times a day...I can drink big gulps of lukewarm...but not cold. I drink cold water when I want to sip... Anyway, thanks for the great idea! Chocolate sounds great!

I've just got to get back on track...i hit the track last week and have walked 5X...but i've reaggravated my bad ankle...and I'm not sure what to do about it. My left foot is very flat and that ankle gets out of whack easily.

We are going to Disney on March 10 and I was trying to build up my stamina for that...I don't know if it's the shoes I'm wearing that is messing me up...maybe I should try some new shoes.

Is anyone here an experienced flat footer???

for the past month my appetite/cravings are more than I can stand. I just can't seem to get satisfied. And weekends I cave...

I need a good dose of ketosis...and I need to make it through the weekend and stay in ketosis.

This is the only group I'm comfortable enough with to share all of my failures with! you all are so supportive...and I've been encouraged just reading your Feb posts!

CC, I hear you about the chiropractor...I need to go back myself...mine helped me so much and I really like the fact that the treatments do not require medication...

I'm hoping the scales will go back down quickly...I can't believe I've gotten back into the 180's...but I know it would take me NO TIME at all to get back in the 200's...and that's when my aches and pains really start in my feet, legs and back...

so I've got to do this! Thanks for reading...
Becky get thee to the chiro soon!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

new thread time is approaching........

Stillman's Springing into March Skinnies!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #172
Blabbermouth!!!

Great title! I am soooooo ready for spring!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #173
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky: I do love the chocolate/cappucinno/coconut oil drink. Love it really steaming hot. It just kills the appetite for hours.

I've hit a new low this month. Went down to 196 and am now hanging out at 196.2 -.4 -.6.

It's funny how my body will drop a bit now and then just hang out there no matter what. When I hit 200, I stayed there for several months.

But I keep losing inches. So, the fat must be melting. Fat is light, so I guess it takes a while now for it to show up on the scale while it is disappearing.

Had another nice compliment Sunday morning about how much weight I've lost and how good I look. My skinny black dress pants are getting a bit baggy in the rear. I'm not planning on replacing them until they are literally falling off.

I've enjoyed seeing my bigger sizes get to the point where I can take them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them.

Not much going on here today. There is supposedly a cold storm coming in. I guess we will get some more rain and wind. Hopefully warmer temps are just around the corner. I'm getting impatient! Every now and then we have a sparkling warm day and it makes me crave spring and summer.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on your new low Yam!! That is a great feeling when your clothes are getting looser...I look forward to that!

I just finished a cup of coffee with cream, a SF hot chocolate pack & CO. I'm hoping it will keep me cravings-free through out the faternoon...it was very yummy!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #175
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky: Let me know if it kills your cravings like it does mine.

I'm just finishing up a bunch of chores and ready to make my hot choc/co and relax a bit before running to the store.

Gonna make salmon for dinner. Told DH we are having salmon twice a week from now on no matter what. He was good with that. He is trying to eat better. He has lost 14 pounds and 1.5 inches from his waist in 2 weeks! Darn guys. They lose so fast. I'm jealous on the one hand. But, he has more to lose than I do, so I'll just be happy for him.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O Yam, happy for you both!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Yeah on the new low, Yam!!!
I can lose weight-but unfortunately my measurements stay the same--for ever!!!! I'm def the exception to the rule-everyone else loses inches with very little weight loss!!!!
My other half is here with me-came and brought the flu with him---and I think he's passed it on to me--in bed and I'l boiling up.
Nothing else to report so nite nite!! Xx
Old 02-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT, maybe all the working out you do has something to do with no less inches?? Just a thought.

I hope you feel better soon.......two LCF's under the weather is not good. Mim, how goes the battle?

Have a good night, all, and think about your health. Take a vitamin, a walk, see your chiropractor or please consider one. Life is too short!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Becky: Let me know if it kills your cravings like it does mine.

I'm just finishing up a bunch of chores and ready to make my hot choc/co and relax a bit before running to the store.

Gonna make salmon for dinner. Told DH we are having salmon twice a week from now on no matter what. He was good with that. He is trying to eat better. He has lost 14 pounds and 1.5 inches from his waist in 2 weeks! Darn guys. They lose so fast. I'm jealous on the one hand. But, he has more to lose than I do, so I'll just be happy for him.
Yam, the CO really helped to kill my cravings today...I had about 1Tb in my hot chocolate/coffee drink...and then later I scrambled some eggs in about 1TB.

I did not go through my afternoon sluggishness...and I didn't really crave anything. That might be all in my head but I'm so glad to feel some energy. I even was able to get on the elliptical for 42.5 minutes! I'm going to stick to that for a while instead of walking on the track.

I hear ya about the fellas losing quickly...it's so unfair! I guess we can blame it on Eve! ha

Thanks for being so encouraging to Yam and everyone else!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #180
Blabbermouth!!!

GT: So sorry! Please take care of yourself and feel better.

I seem to be one who is losing inches with little weight loss. Caught sight of myself in the closet door mirrors when I was putting some stuff away in our spare room. Had to stop and do a double take because my smallest jeans, which I had put in the dryer which I never usually do after washing them because in days gone by they shrink too much and get too tight -- anyhoo -- they are baggy! Baggy thighs, baggy rear. Baggy. I got the tape measure out. Yep. More inches gone from hips, thighs and waist. Very happy about this.

Becky: It's not your imagination! I had my co drink today, nice and hot. Have had absolutely NO hunger or cravings since. Gotta make myself do this every day from now on!! Note to self: Just DO IT!!!
Closed Thread