Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #121
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
Me too!

I tried the diet when it first came out...gained 1lb in 2 weeks...not bad considering all that I ate. To be fair, later editions provided more structure to the reward meal - something like eat 1/3 lean protein, 1/3 low carb veggies and 1/3 whatever you want. That is what I did Valentines Day. So far so good.

Down 7lbs as of this morning (just ended week 3). That is really good for me.
wow! 7 pounds gone from you! Congratulations! KUTGW!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!

Love all the clothing pics. You are making me want to shop! Drool...
Old 02-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Only because I care I thought of my Stillman friends, watch your meat sources from here on out. From Natural News.com Please go to site and take a look for the full article.

Artificial hamburger meat successfully grown in vat of bovine fetal cells; You want some fries with that?(NaturalNews) I'm not sure which is the more offensive way to create meat. There's the current "factory farm" method where masses of hormone-jacked, antibiotics-injected cows are kept confined in what can only be called bovine concentration camps while...
Old 02-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello all...just going to catch up on the posts. BBl
Old 02-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so dumb... been posting in the Jan thread. Day two for me and going well...main thing is I have not gained much since going astray, only 2lbs!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O GT I fear leggings I cringe when I see people in them......strictly an under thrty staple.....

And it would have to be lots warmer for just a jumper.......if that's all you've had to layer up this year you're very fortunate.

leaning towards something boho, er, sloppy........tho I won't be wearing the hat clownish like her........and will have an over coat or jacket of sort.

Likeee!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:05 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OMG they would have to peel you like an onion to find you!

used to do summer dresses when baby dolls were big in the 90s. I looked like one of the girls in The Sound of Music.

O I am not afraid! And you so thin ye must try it!
Todays final choices-
boho top, worn untucked

harness belt worn just below the waist-in black

jodhpur skinny jean

black paddock boot worn unlace with jean tucked in

white zara

O ye have him trained well! Himself did not shop for me, he simply asked 'What did I get your for Valentines Day" and I shot back 'Another Pandora bracelet.' "Nice." he replied. (I had to start another one because I ran out of room on the original one.)
the shopper-I am guessing

I had a belt like that a couple of years back...don@t know where it has gone...totally forgot about it. Will be having a word with my 20 year old DDD!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MMS ye must try to bump into her one day...........

The Duchess is said to shop at Jeanne Petit in Hungerford, Berkshire, and The Stock Exchange in Sunninghill, according to Grazia Daily.

Read more: Kate Middleton: How Duchess of Cambridge effect could save bust fashion label Jesire | Mail Online
Read my PM
Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
OK, I'm easily thrilled so gotta share this.

I ran quick to the store, wearing my sweats. I just needed to pick up some ground turkey for dinner. While I was not looking a gal I've known for years but have not seen in some weeks bumped into me.

"Wow! Wow!!" She said. "You have lost a lot of weight!!! You are soooo SKINNY!!!" She actually used the word "skinny!"

She asked me if I was doing it on purpose and what was I doing.

We have talked lots over the years about weight loss. She has lots to lose still.

Anyhoo, could not help smiling all the way home. I'm showing!!!
That's great but did you tell her the truth or did you do the "well you just gotta cut down your intake and work out lots". I did this once but only to avoid the lecture, honest.

Last edited by makemeslim; 02-21-2012 at 07:58 AM..
Old 02-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by anam View Post
thanks for the welcome guys

it feels good to be here and share our mutual drive for weight loss. Well its second day for me and I am going to stay clean for two weeks which means only meat and eggs, nothing else. Earlier today I was thinking of getting some cottage cheese and to have a little of that today but I decided not to. I am too afraid of losing control on eating too damn much of the cottage cheese. I can't do that, I can't indulge in cheese because I put in a lot of effort and control today to stay clean. What if because of having cheese I don't lose today and the scales show the same weight tomorrow!!!! :O all that hard work wasted because of a little cheese. brrrr!!! gives me the creeps just thinking about it. Woah am I getting too intense or what :S I should probably calm down right?? but then I think I spent all my life eating wrong and most probably this diet is for a month and two then I can continue with maintenance plans which are more lenient. So What if I go through this strictly and get it done once and for all. I am fed up of yo yoing and sacrificing. I have been at this for 5 mnths now and as this is my last pounds they are proving to be really stubborn in coming off.. Sighs I just wanna get done with this, I can't live peacefully and without guilt until I have lost these last pounds...
I know you posted this about a week ago and I lost roughly the same ampount of weight as you and then I quit because I decided I was happy at 143 (mind you I am not there anymore nbut I will have my own post about that haha) anyways just keep it up I did other "diets" and lost 10 pounds in a month tghen did stills and got down to my gaol weight in about 1.5 months at the time i felt like I was being strict for so long but looking back it took no tyime at all and that was with cheat weekends every 2 weeks so I say just stick wioth it and if you fall off or have a stall its not then end of the world just get back on the wagon and remember how far you have come already.... now to follow my own advice haha
Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Gah I have not lost this 10 xmas pounds I gained and now after this weekend of tons of salt I am up 5 more pounds my jaw dropped when I looked at the scale this morning!

Although I have no one to blame but myself as I haven't really tried I keep getting lazy and I didn't realize how far my will power has slipped until I was talking to my bf the other day about eating healthy again and he was like you say that every week and you always say I will strt tomorrow and he's right so I started today and so far so good, I am a little shakey probably from going through carb withdrawal and I have been pounding back the CL so I have been a peeing machine.

I have a social to go to in April and its 80's themed and I want to go in an 80's workout outfit, which means all spandex :S so I have to get back down to my previous weight if not lower and after that I am going to Vegas for 9 days and I the weather is much nicer than here I am sure so I will probably be in shorts and tshirts and the last thing I want to do is feel like I have to cover up when I should be enjoying myself!

I am also going to Hawaii in July, I know its a ways away but I want to wear a Bikini which I have never done in my life so if I can do well maybe that can happen!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

I was talking to my BF the other day after having 3 desserts in 1 day about how sugar is addictive because its instant energy and I was saying I wish I was like him and didn't like sugar and he say " oh, I like sugar I just don't eat it because I know its bad for me" my jaw dropped! I wish it was like that for me but I guess thats why he is in good shape and has a 6 pack (without working out daily, so annoying) while I have a keg haha

On the plus side he has gotten me to go to the gym a couple times and never orders dessert or anything so then I don't feel the need to (sometimes I do though, hence te 3 desserts in 1 day haha) so maybe having someone naturally heathy around isn't so bad after all.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Gah I have not lost this 10 xmas pounds I gained and now after this weekend of tons of salt I am up 5 more pounds my jaw dropped when I looked at the scale this morning!

Although I have no one to blame but myself as I haven't really tried I keep getting lazy and I didn't realize how far my will power has slipped until I was talking to my bf the other day about eating healthy again and he was like you say that every week and you always say I will strt tomorrow and he's right so I started today and so far so good, I am a little shakey probably from going through carb withdrawal and I have been pounding back the CL so I have been a peeing machine.

I have a social to go to in April and its 80's themed and I want to go in an 80's workout outfit, which means all spandex :S so I have to get back down to my previous weight if not lower and after that I am going to Vegas for 9 days and I the weather is much nicer than here I am sure so I will probably be in shorts and tshirts and the last thing I want to do is feel like I have to cover up when I should be enjoying myself!

I am also going to Hawaii in July, I know its a ways away but I want to wear a Bikini which I have never done in my life so if I can do well maybe that can happen!
Good for you Marr...stick with it and you will be there in no time! The old tomorrow never comes is pretty much where I have been stuck but I am on day two and doing good. I don't have a sweet tooth but it's Pancake day and I had to make them for the family...they sure smelt good! I was thinking "maybe just a little bite" but I didn't and feel great now!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Love all the clothing pics. You are making me want to shop! Drool...
LOL, only for smaller sizes tho!!!!!!!!! Soon!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Only because I care I thought of my Stillman friends, watch your meat sources from here on out. From Natural News.com Please go to site and take a look for the full article.

Artificial hamburger meat successfully grown in vat of bovine fetal cells; You want some fries with that?(NaturalNews) I'm not sure which is the more offensive way to create meat. There's the current "factory farm" method where masses of hormone-jacked, antibiotics-injected cows are kept confined in what can only be called bovine concentration camps while...
Ugh, saw that, BIG EWWWWWWWWWWW
[QUOOTE=makemeslim;15433369]I'm so dumb... been posting in the Jan thread. Day two for me and going well...main thing is I have not gained much since going astray, only 2lbs![/QUOTE]
{{{{{{{MMS}}}}}}}}
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I had a belt like that a couple of years back...don@t know where it has gone...totally forgot about it. Will be having a word with my 20 year old DDD!
track it down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Read my PM
O did so! Ye must tell us when you catch up with her!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post

{{{{{{{{MAR}}}}}} never a bikini?? Hard to beleive!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG padded lamp posts in London to keep those texting while walking from injury
Old 02-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Fat Tuesday, y'all!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #137
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good evening! I am crawling out of the pit of sick - slowly. I am starting tomorrow - I still don't feel well, but I need to be on plan. So, I'm simply not going to waste anymore time waiting for my body to decide it wants to feel better. The time is now!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O Mim sorry you're not feeling well.....I had some sort of cold/sinus issue also last three days.......allergy due to no snow/mold on the ground? Feel better!
Old 02-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
O Mim sorry you're not feeling well.....I had some sort of cold/sinus issue also last three days.......allergy due to no snow/mold on the ground? Feel better!
How has your weather been? Its been unseasonably warm this year up here!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

same here Mar, we've had the most snowless winter on record since the 1880's. We're in a mild pocket of mid 40F for the next few days, then it's back into the mid 30s for the daytime high on Saturday, of course, the only day I'm out and about
Old 02-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah we have had a few -30 days only about 2 where it got close to -40 and normallly we have about 2 solid weekd of weather in the -40's and then it stays in the -30's this year I have been debating going out in my bathing suit to lay in the snow and maybe get a bit of a tan! haha

I can't remember a winter in Winnipeg where I barely needed a winter jacket, its scary.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O I love it! If I knew where Al Gore was I would kiss him! Bring on the warming!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

this crap in Seeria is horrific..........where is the Moossad when you need them?

Last edited by CCGirl; 02-22-2012 at 04:11 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O good phentermine is legal again.........kill them now.........

DH has finally crippled himself working on the barn roof so we're finally going to the chiro tomorrow...........he has been trying to ignore the injuries suffered in winter 09-10 while slamming his poor self around in the old plow truck and now the sciatia throb is unbearable.

This should be about as enjoyable as taking a five year old for vaccination.........

so he's trying to recline and I am like the baby in the Etrade commercial, all alone except for internet access...........so this is my attempt to entertain our troops tonight. LOLOL

Last edited by CCGirl; 02-22-2012 at 04:22 PM..
Old 02-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #145
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I woke up feeling better than I have in weeks. The pneumonia really has taken me for a ride. Taking so long to recover is partly due to my repressed immune system. Anyway, while I'm not strong enough yet to exercise, I am on plan and looking forward to lots of weight loss!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:31 AM   #146
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Mar! You have such wonderful plans and you will look so hot in your bikini!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Mar! You have such wonderful plans and you will look so hot in your bikini!
Thanks!!!

so far so good! I am down 4 pounds in 2 days

I have decided to weigh myself on Fridays and Tuesdays so that I can hold myself more accountable on weekends seeing as they are usually my downfall.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
As in phen-phen???? Cooooool!! Hee!!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #149
Blabbermouth!!!

Mim: Glad you are feeling better!

Mar: -4 in 2?? YAY!!!

I have been so busy. No time for the Net. Hoping to get more down time by next week. Gonna plug away. Weight wise, I am more or less maintaining. Losing some measly point this and point that. Thank goodness digital scales were invented. Otherwise I would not see the point somethings. My weight loss would be pointless.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: als9503
Stats: 167/167/130 5'4"
WOE: Stillman's/Meat & Egg
Start Date: 4/03/12
Hello Ladies! I haven't posted here since October! I know...shameful! Maybe if I had remained active in the forum I wouldn't have gained 12 pounds. So, I am back...to make my accountable and lend my support to others.

As of my last posting (10/27/11) I was 131.4 and I am now 143, down a bit from a high of 145. In that time, I have tried the primal blueprint, the paleo diet, the leptin reset, dairy-free low carb (something of my own design) and Dukan. I did better on some than others. I have come to understand that I cannot have an eating plan that includes unlimited dairy (Dukan), even if it is non-fat. I WILL over-indulge. And I'm lactose intolerant so I was always gassy and bloated...that doesn't look or feel good. Of course, in the midst of all those different plans, I found plenty of reasons to eat OFF plan...Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, birthdays, road trips, weddings, oh and there's cookies in the kitchen at work.

I will be 39 in March and I decided that I will not spend the last year of my thirties living inauthentically. Getting m body back in shape is part of that resolve. I finally mustered up the courage to end an unhealthy, unfullfilling relationship and broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years on Valentine's Day (I didn't plan for it to be on V-day, it just kinda happened like that). If I can do that, then I can do this.

So now the journey back to myself begins. The last time I did Stillman's, I lost 6 pounds on 4 days, so I'm hoping that I will at least be in the 130s by my birthday on March 3rd.

Well, thanks for listening (or reading, hehe). My goal is to post daily, even if it's just to say hi and give my menu and results.

~April
Closed Thread