Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
Hahahahaaaa. Ur showing. That's funny.

I'm on a meat n egg fast right now trying to break into onederland. But not really stills since I'm doing high fat. But I've been stalking u guys!

So sad that my girl ratty is MIA

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
WTG Yam!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 03:54 AM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anam
Stats: 180/144/120
WOE: stilmans/atkins
thanks for the welcome guys

it feels good to be here and share our mutual drive for weight loss. Well its second day for me and I am going to stay clean for two weeks which means only meat and eggs, nothing else. Earlier today I was thinking of getting some cottage cheese and to have a little of that today but I decided not to. I am too afraid of losing control on eating too damn much of the cottage cheese. I can't do that, I can't indulge in cheese because I put in a lot of effort and control today to stay clean. What if because of having cheese I don't lose today and the scales show the same weight tomorrow!!!! :O all that hard work wasted because of a little cheese. brrrr!!! gives me the creeps just thinking about it. Woah am I getting too intense or what :S I should probably calm down right?? but then I think I spent all my life eating wrong and most probably this diet is for a month and two then I can continue with maintenance plans which are more lenient. So What if I go through this strictly and get it done once and for all. I am fed up of yo yoing and sacrificing. I have been at this for 5 mnths now and as this is my last pounds they are proving to be really stubborn in coming off.. Sighs I just wanna get done with this, I can't live peacefully and without guilt until I have lost these last pounds...
Old 02-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
*pokes her head in*. Hi y'all!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
OK, I'm easily thrilled so gotta share this.

I ran quick to the store, wearing my sweats. I just needed to pick up some ground turkey for dinner. While I was not looking a gal I've known for years but have not seen in some weeks bumped into me.

"Wow! Wow!!" She said. "You have lost a lot of weight!!! You are soooo SKINNY!!!" She actually used the word "skinny!"

She asked me if I was doing it on purpose and what was I doing.

We have talked lots over the years about weight loss. She has lots to lose still.

Anyhoo, could not help smiling all the way home. I'm showing!!!
O MAN doesn't that feel great! Love that when it happens!

'I'm easily thrilled '
Quote:

I'm on a meat n egg fast right now trying to break into onederland. But not really stills since I'm doing high fat. But I've been stalking u guys!

she's coooool, Ratt, come back...
Old 02-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:

Yes, Ratty's so cool. Hope she comes back to us.

How do you do a meat and egg fast? Do you limit yourself to a certain amount or a certain type of meat? Or can you have as much as you need? Inquiring minds want to know all about it! How long have you been doing it? Is it giving you great results?

I've been combining several WOEs since the end of December. Decided to read Johnson's Alternate Day Diet book. VERY interesting. So I joined the JUDD forums. I'm fascinated by the science behind activating our SIRT1 Gene and the fat blocking protein it produces.

What amazes me is that sticking to low carb, high protein, combined with the up and down day calories really has caused a change in my body. Never before have I been able to go on vacations (like a week at Disney World in January and a week plus in Palm Springs and Pennsylvania in February) go off plan big time and not gain a ton of weight. Then when I do a couple of days of rotation, the weight I did gain comes right back off immediately.

And, I'm losing inches faster than before. Must be the fat burning aspect.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 02-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anam View Post
thanks for the welcome guys

it feels good to be here and share our mutual drive for weight loss. Well its second day for me and I am going to stay clean for two weeks which means only meat and eggs, nothing else. Earlier today I was thinking of getting some cottage cheese and to have a little of that today but I decided not to. I am too afraid of losing control on eating too damn much of the cottage cheese. I can't do that, I can't indulge in cheese because I put in a lot of effort and control today to stay clean. What if because of having cheese I don't lose today and the scales show the same weight tomorrow!!!! :O all that hard work wasted because of a little cheese. brrrr!!! gives me the creeps just thinking about it. Woah am I getting too intense or what :S I should probably calm down right?? but then I think I spent all my life eating wrong and most probably this diet is for a month and two then I can continue with maintenance plans which are more lenient. So What if I go through this strictly and get it done once and for all. I am fed up of yo yoing and sacrificing. I have been at this for 5 mnths now and as this is my last pounds they are proving to be really stubborn in coming off.. Sighs I just wanna get done with this, I can't live peacefully and without guilt until I have lost these last pounds...
Oh, I see you are doing the meat and eggie plan, too. I've never had a problem with cottage cheese stalling me. However, I don't like it that much and don't eat it too often. We're all in the same boat about being a bit obsessive when we are on a mission to lose weight! I know I am. So, you are in great company. Let's keep hanging out together and reach our goals!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Meat/egg fast is like super simple. I just eat meat and eggs. lol. I eat as much as I want but don't over stuff myself and I have high fat. I usually eat 4 slices of bacon for breakfast and eggs fried in butter. Fatty meats. Fried..ya know.

Having good results!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey Am, what other kind of meats are you eating?
Old 02-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

I eat pork chops, bacon, burgers, roast, chicken, venison, fish, shrimp. I add fat like butter ir oil when cooking too.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beowulf
Stats: 148/141/130 | 5'6"
WOE: Stillman/Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2012
My scale must be tired of me stepping on it. It is old, so I usually weigh myself a few times on different spots of the floor to check for consistency. The second weight this morning was 132! Might be time for a new scale.

Progress to date on Stillman/Atkins: down 5+ lbs so far

Week 1: Sat 1/28 from 148 to 145.5 on Atkins Induction (no dairy)
Week 2: Sat 2/4 from 145.5 to 144- on Atkins Induction mixed with Stillman QWL after Super Bowl Sunday lapse
Week 3: Sat 2/11 from 144- to ? planning CAD for Valentine's Day + 4 days Stillman QWL + 2 days Atkins Induction - lapsed to Atkins on Monday, stuck to CAD on Valentine's Day, hoping to stay on plan rest of week
Old 02-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

BW: What's CAD? I vote for a new scale. Go to amazon.com and get the WW lightweight travel scale. I love mine. It's inexpensive, has a handle on it and is very accurate. I was delighted to see that it weighs exactly the same as my expensive Tanita body monitor scale. The Tanita is bigger and heavier and I bought the travel scale to take with me on trips.

Is your old one a digital or analog? I also have an old analog scale in the guest bathroom. It weighs about 4 pounds less than the Tanita or the WW scale.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

I ate too much for dinner last night. Two juicy ground beef hambergers. One of them on a sandwich thin. Steamed corn and coleslaw. And wine. I feel very sluggish this morning. The scale is up 2 pounds but I imagine all that food has not digested yet and I'm probably retaining fluid from the coleslaw, corn and bread as well. Gonna have to watch it today for sure. It will probably go back down tomorrow. We ate really late because DH had a late meeting at work that ran over and over. We had planned to BBQ so he was out on the patio after dark. I probably should have been more careful, but I got carried away.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
BW: What's CAD?

Is your old one a digital or analog?
CAD = Carbohydrate Addicts Diet. Sorry, saw others on this forum use CAD abbreviation, thought maybe it was standard here. Basically lean and low carb for 2 meals with 60 minutes to eat what you want in a "reward meal"...in theory it limits how far off base you can go...if you eat slowly . I got the idea from reading some older hardcore Stillman posts here.

My old scale is analog (with scratches that make it hard to differentiate numbers between 140-150!). Thanks for the scale reviews!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #104
Big Yapper!!!!

Ooooh i cld do a lot of carb damage in 60mins!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I eat pork chops, bacon, burgers, roast, chicken, venison, fish, shrimp. I add fat like butter ir oil when cooking too.
O girl when is dinner time, I'll be right over!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
My scale must be tired of me stepping on it. It is old, so I usually weigh myself a few times on different spots of the floor to check for consistency. The second weight this morning was 132! Might be time for a new scale.

Progress to date on Stillman/Atkins: down 5+ lbs so far

Week 1: Sat 1/28 from 148 to 145.5 on Atkins Induction (no dairy)
Week 2: Sat 2/4 from 145.5 to 144- on Atkins Induction mixed with Stillman QWL after Super Bowl Sunday lapse
Week 3: Sat 2/11 from 144- to ? planning CAD for Valentine's Day + 4 days Stillman QWL + 2 days Atkins Induction - lapsed to Atkins on Monday, stuck to CAD on Valentine's Day, hoping to stay on plan rest of week
LOL keep it, it's just messing with you!
Quote:
I ate too much for dinner last night. Two juicy ground beef hambergers. One of them on a sandwich thin. Steamed corn and coleslaw. And wine. I feel very sluggish this morning. The scale is up 2 pounds but I imagine all that food has not digested yet and I'm probably retaining fluid from the coleslaw, corn and bread as well. Gonna have to watch it today for sure. It will probably go back down tomorrow. We ate really late because DH had a late meeting at work that ran over and over. We had planned to BBQ so he was out on the patio after dark. I probably should have been more careful, but I got carried away.
O Yam, cole slaw, mmmmmmmm, if there was cole slaw wrestling they would find me dead lying at the bottom of the ring......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
GT, run away, far far away!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

made LC chili with chipotle today mmmmmmmmmmm......and drinking lotsa Crystal Light lately......I hate that desert mouth in the afternoons....
Old 02-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

40F for the high tomorrow with snow changing to rain and again to snow.....lucky me, I'll be out in it all day foraging

so searching for the perfect sloppy weather look......
Old 02-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
40F for the high tomorrow with snow changing to rain and again to snow.....lucky me, I'll be out in it all day foraging

so searching for the perfect sloppy weather look......
Knee high boots, leggings and a very warm woolly jumper (sweater) dress!! That's practically been my wardrobe every day for the past 2 weeks. We've had -12c (10f) during the day!! and lots of ice and snow!! Bored of Winter now-want Spring!!!

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 02-18-2012 at 12:51 AM..
Old 02-18-2012, 05:00 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Knee high boots, leggings and a very warm woolly jumper (sweater) dress!! That's practically been my wardrobe every day for the past 2 weeks. We've had -12c (10f) during the day!! and lots of ice and snow!! Bored of Winter now-want Spring!!!
O GT I fear leggings I cringe when I see people in them......strictly an under thrty staple.....

And it would have to be lots warmer for just a jumper.......if that's all you've had to layer up this year you're very fortunate.

leaning towards something boho, er, sloppy........tho I won't be wearing the hat clownish like her........and will have an over coat or jacket of sort.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O GT I fear leggings I cringe when I see people in them......strictly an under thrty staple.....
and dresses! soooo don't wear them!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

I always swore I'd never wear legging-mega unflattering!! Oh and a padded coat!!! Again unflattering!!! But my coat has been a godsend!! Leggings sooooo comfy!!!
I wasn't out in the jumper--eh they're wool, I have 2 thin layers underneath--as in thermal vests!!!! Yeah I know, soooo fashionable!! Then my big padded coat, knee high boots with 2 pairs of long socks, hat, scarf, gloves. I tell ya the Michelin Woman!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

I adore dresses, I really do!! The girlier the better!! At the mo I'm loving peter pan collars. And so easy to wear--one piece!!
In the Summer I live in them!!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh I'd never wear a belt on my hips--don't draw attention there!!!!! Strictly on the waist!!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and BTW no I didn't just get a card from himself!! I got a Ted Baker shopper, chocolates(they're still in the fridge, haven't touched!)Chanel nail polish, blusher and eye shadow---and most importantly--a copy of his flight itinery!! He's coming nest Thursday for the weekend!!
Old 02-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #115
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Me too!

I tried the diet when it first came out...gained 1lb in 2 weeks...not bad considering all that I ate. To be fair, later editions provided more structure to the reward meal - something like eat 1/3 lean protein, 1/3 low carb veggies and 1/3 whatever you want. That is what I did Valentines Day. So far so good.

Down 7lbs as of this morning (just ended week 3). That is really good for me.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
Me too!

I tried the diet when it first came out...gained 1lb in 2 weeks...not bad considering all that I ate. To be fair, later editions provided more structure to the reward meal - something like eat 1/3 lean protein, 1/3 low carb veggies and 1/3 whatever you want. That is what I did Valentines Day. So far so good.

Down 7lbs as of this morning (just ended week 3). That is really good for me.
Congrats!!
Old 02-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I always swore I'd never wear legging-mega unflattering!! Oh and a padded coat!!! Again unflattering!!! But my coat has been a godsend!! Leggings sooooo comfy!!!
I wasn't out in the jumper--eh they're wool, I have 2 thin layers underneath--as in thermal vests!!!! Yeah I know, soooo fashionable!! Then my big padded coat, knee high boots with 2 pairs of long socks, hat, scarf, gloves. I tell ya the Michelin Woman!!!
OMG they would have to peel you like an onion to find you!
Quote:
I adore dresses, I really do!! The girlier the better!! At the mo I'm loving peter pan collars. And so easy to wear--one piece!!
In the Summer I live in them!!
used to do summer dresses when baby dolls were big in the 90s. I looked like one of the girls in The Sound of Music.
Quote:
Oh I'd never wear a belt on my hips--don't draw attention there!!!!! Strictly on the waist!!
O I am not afraid! And you so thin ye must try it!
Todays final choices-
boho top, worn untucked

harness belt worn just below the waist-in black

jodhpur skinny jean

black paddock boot worn unlace with jean tucked in

white zara

Quote:
Oh and BTW no I didn't just get a card from himself!! I got a Ted Baker shopper, chocolates(they're still in the fridge, haven't touched!)Chanel nail polish, blusher and eye shadow---and most importantly--a copy of his flight itinery!! He's coming nest Thursday for the weekend!!
O ye have him trained well! Himself did not shop for me, he simply asked 'What did I get your for Valentines Day" and I shot back 'Another Pandora bracelet.' "Nice." he replied. (I had to start another one because I ran out of room on the original one.)
the shopper-I am guessing

Old 02-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Love the belt!
No that's not it--it's a big purple/pink shopper with an orage bow! I have a matching iPad case and wallet!
Old 02-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, I have it in both black and brown.......just ordered another one the other day, heee!!!!

I'm addicted to belts thanks to the good Doc.........love it!!!!!!!!!!

O do show us a pic of the bag...........and also the pink heart top that DoC wore, I couldn't find an image anywhere!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O that shopper is the clashing color rage for spring, you will be the envy of the campus!!!!!!!
Closed Thread