Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mom2dm
New To Stillman's!!

Hello All,
I have been reading about the Stillman diet for the past week or so and started on Saturday, Jan 28. Today is Monday the 30th and this morning I was down 7.4lbs in 2 days. I am SO STOKED right now I am posting because I would like to use this board as motivation and to hold me accountable for my actions. I have tried Atkins SEVERAL times but could not make it past the first 2 days so I really plan on sticking this time. I have so much stuff to look forward to and I HAVE to be thin and healthy or I am just not going to enjoy life like I should be

So far so good. A little light headed and slight headache during the day but nothing I can't handle. I am starting Zumba tonight with some friends so I hope that goes well since I am still in the beginning phase of this way of eating (notice how I DID NOT say diet)...LOL as I plan on making this my way of life going forward. My appetite has pretty much gone byebye so that is good

Below are my stats: I will try to update them once a week. I look forward to meeting other Stillman-ites Thanks for having me here!

242/234.6/150

"Long-term planning is not about making long-term decisions.
It is about understanding the future consequences of today’s decisions
."
GARY RYAN BLAIR
mom2dm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Mom2: Welcome to LCFs! You are certainly off to a great start! Congrats!

Pop over to the "Stillman's bashing the pounds off in January" thread.

We start a new thread with a new title every month and we can be a chatty bunch sometimes.

My story is that I discovered Stillman's book when I was 15 years old and my brother asked me to do it with him that summer. I lost 55 pounds in 3 months! It works.

I kept the weight off all my life by going back to the Stillman WOE every time the scale went up between 3 and 5 pounds and I exercised lots, too.

When I turned 48 I seriously injured my back and went to the hospital in an ambulance. I was bed ridden for a while and then in physical therapy for 3 months. Wow, when you are used to exercising and stop all of a sudden the pounds sure do find you! And, others were cooking for me so on came the carbs with all the carb cravings. Menopause hit about that time and my hormones went nuts.

I gained a total of 50 pounds in 7 years and my body did NOT like all the extra poundage for sure!

Last year I heard about the Dukan Diet on Dr. Oz. I bought the book and was thrilled to realize that Dukan is like Stillman only newer and better. I started his ATTACK diet on August 1st and lost 14 pounds in 10 days. The attack phase of Dukan is exactly like Stillman. Lean protein, low fat, no carbs. The only difference is that Dukan encourages the use of unlimited fat free (lactose free if possible) milk and plain fat free Greek yogurt. That part made me happy and from day one I have been really enjoying the milk and yogurt and losing all the way.

He moves you into the next phase which is alternating days of pure protein with days of protein plus non-starchy veggies. You can do pure protein days any time and for several days in a row. But, when you feel you need the veggies, you can have those as long as you alternate.

He also has a plan for maintaining weight loss after you reach your goal and says eventually you will be able to maintain with just doing one day of pure protein per week for the rest of your life.

I still consider myself a tru Stillmanite and have several copies of the original book in hardcover and paper back for when I need a little inspirational reading. Dukan is very motivational and inspirational as well and I highly recommend it for further understanding of the science behind why low carb WOE really works and for some of us it's the ONLY WOE that works for sustained weight loss.

I have not been super strict lately as we have had lots of traveling all over the place, but the weight I have lost since August 1 has stayed off with little effort. I just weigh every day, even when traveling (bought a travel body weight scale that I carry with me on the airplane!). If I gain a pound or two it's right back to a pure protein day and it comes right back off.

One of these weeks when I can be focused and in my normal routine, I'm going to do Stillman/Dukan pure protein for 7 days and get that big motivating whoosh so I can get the rest of my weight off.

I'm tall as you can see by my stats. So, I would be very happy to get to 180. If I lose more than that, fine. When I started in August I was wearing size 18 (tight) jeans. Now I'm in comfortably loose size 12 jeans! Wooo-Hooo!

Glad to meet you and hope to hear often about your progress. I'll be cheering you on!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mom2dm
Thanks!

Thanks Yam,
I have kind of went off plan, but back on track starting today. I KNOW this diet works, I just need to stick to it. I am only going to weigh myself once a week on Saturday morning. This daily weighing thing is for the birds

I love reading everyone's success stories on this diet and they will definetely be the major things that keeps me on track
mom2dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Glad you are back on track. We all fall off the wagon. I had a set back. My brother passed away unexpectedly on Feb. 2nd. Lots of crying, traveling, eating comfort foods...carbs. Ugh. Time to get back to it. I'm not giving up or letting life derail my long term efforts to get fit.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote