Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   Stillman's New Years Bashing the Pounds off in January! :kicking: (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/752300-stillmans-new-years-bashing-pounds-off-january-kicking.html)

CCGirl 01-03-2012 01:22 PM

Stillman's New Years Bashing the Pounds off in January! :kicking:

Join the New Year's bash with team meat as we rock the pounds off ! :shake:

Mar922 01-03-2012 01:32 PM

I am so hungry! Must stay strong til Dinner, I foget how hungry I always used to be when eating Junk, remind me again why I ate this way for so long? haha

Beth Sch 01-03-2012 02:00 PM

Mar, I'm right there with you. OMGoodness, I'm so stupid, I can't seem to stop the nibbling here and there. It's like some sick pattern, my body is on "mindless nibble mode" I have to remove all chocolate, alcohol and corn chips, pie and ice cr. from my home. Otherwise, I'll be here a yr. from now.

Y do we do this to ourselves. I would think after a lifetime of dieting that I wouldn't even have a drop of these evil foods. Y is garbage so equated with fun and holiday festivities. Makes me crazy that I fall for it every yr.

HELP!:stars::lol::doh:

CCGirl 01-03-2012 02:30 PM

recap-Dukan pancake---just mix a tablespoon of oatbran, tablespoon of Quark/lf greek yoghurt or even cottage cheese and either an egg or eggwhite together and put on a pan.
Oatbran has a lot of good qualities according to Dukan.

sounds almost like an oopsie roll from Atkins.........

Beth you can get skinny again but don't leave us, stop by with your skinny self from time to time.........

Yam-Yam 01-03-2012 03:09 PM

CC: Thanks for starting us off! Woooo--Hooooo!!! 2012 here we come! Watch out!:lol:

I've got my tilapia in the microwave. Nice afternoon snack to ward off the hungies.:yummy: Go protein!

Yam-Yam 01-03-2012 03:14 PM

When I'm doing the Dukan pancakes, sometimes I make 4 at a time and just put them in the fridge. They are good cold or warm (you can warm them up in the microwave).

This is my recipe for 4 servings:

Heat grill to 375. Put 4 egg whites in a mixing bowl and whip a bit with a fork 'til frothy (this makes them rise, nice and fat and light). Add half cup FF plain Greek yogurt and half cup oat bran. I usually add a couple of packets of Splenda, but you don't have to. Mix w/ fork. Use quarter cup measuring cup to make nice round servings that you pour onto the grill. Hint: these cakes take longer to cook than regular white flour pancakes. When they are brown on one side, flip 'em and cook til brown on other side. Enjoy!!!

Mim 01-03-2012 03:21 PM

Thanks, CC!

Mar - 4 years younger is about the right age difference!

It sure is good to welcome 2012 with all of you!

Mim 01-03-2012 03:29 PM

I had the neatest thing happen yesterday. It was a granddaughter's 3rd birthday - she was a preemie but she is all caught up now. My 4 yo granddaughter and I made the cake - Tinkerbell. It was lovely! Anyway, as I was getting in the car to run a few errands yesterday morning, my dd called and said a friend had a total gym for sale for 50 bucks! The friend is a personal trainer and has outgrown this machine. Anyway, I got the total gym, they delivered it and set it up and I've ordered some workout dvd's. I know how to use it for my physical therapy, but it is going to be used to lose weight.

I start on Thursday. I have a long stretch of no holidays, no over a meal meeting, no special church gathering. It is important to me to start when I know I will have success, hence the waiting until Thursday. Actually, as I type this I realize I can start with my last bite of lunch tomorrow (lunch meeting - we are served so no choice). Over the past few weeks I've been buying lots of groceries that will see me through the first month. I'm very prepared and very excited to be on plan again!

Getting there!!! 01-03-2012 03:39 PM

Hi peeps!!! Here's to a great happy skinny new year!!!

CCGirl 01-03-2012 03:48 PM

Awesome well laid plans Mim! it must be tough with all of your engagements involving food.

Happy new year all!!!!!!!!!!

Do you all eat the pancakes to ward off cravings? Was never a bug pancake fan, I make enormous diner style ones for DH every weekend.

CCGirl 01-03-2012 03:56 PM

USDA Recommendations Followed
Florida man consumes 120 apples, 300 slices of bread per month
TALLAHASSEE, FL--Robert Steinholz is a stickler for details, and he's making sure to follow the USDA's dietary guidelines to a "T".

Steinholz, an accountant and Florida native, consumes the recommended 6-11 servings of bread and pasta every single day, as well as 2-4 servings of fruits and 3-5 servings of vegetables. He also has a glass of milk and a piece of meat with every meal, including breakfast.

USDA Food Pyramid
In total, this amounts to approximately 120 apples a month, plus upwards of 300 slices of bread. "With some 20-25 slices of bread per loaf, that's, like, 14 or 15 loaves of bread a month," he explains.

"Yeah, it's hard to keep up sometimes," admits the 5'7", 280 pound Florida native. "But I figure, hey, if the USDA doesn't know what's good for me, who does?"

Steinholz, who began the USDA diet eight months ago, says that regular injections of insulin help his body process the enormous carbohydrate load that the "food pyramid" subjects him to.

:rofl:

CCGirl 01-03-2012 04:02 PM

Our Father and Mother in heaven,
hallowed be your names.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily meat,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into carb temptation,
but deliver us from carb evil."

Yam-Yam 01-03-2012 04:31 PM

Mim: That's awesome about getting the Total Gym for $50! :workout:Cool. Sounds like you are planning and planning. Good deal. :up:

CC::aprayer:

If you do have cravings the Dukan pancakes are great. There's not enough carbs in 'em to do any damage to LC WOE. :yummy:

CCGirl 01-03-2012 04:43 PM

I Googled, there is no low carb Lord's Prayer so I made us one!

nermo 01-03-2012 05:05 PM

Hey peeps! Love the new name!!!!!!!!! Well still on track!

Thnx for all the food tips girlz. That curry chicken and the thought that I can have a cucumber here and there has put a little ease to staying on track.

Mim 50 bucks for a total gym (jelousss :))

CC - love the prayer! I sooo need it!

nermo 01-03-2012 05:07 PM

Al & IM- missing you. Hoping to see ya around sooon

Getting there!!! 01-03-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCGirl (Post 15294553)
USDA Recommendations Followed
Florida man consumes 120 apples, 300 slices of bread per month
TALLAHASSEE, FL--Robert Steinholz is a stickler for details, and he's making sure to follow the USDA's dietary guidelines to a "T".

Steinholz, an accountant and Florida native, consumes the recommended 6-11 servings of bread and pasta every single day, as well as 2-4 servings of fruits and 3-5 servings of vegetables. He also has a glass of milk and a piece of meat with every meal, including breakfast.

USDA Food Pyramid
In total, this amounts to approximately 120 apples a month, plus upwards of 300 slices of bread. "With some 20-25 slices of bread per loaf, that's, like, 14 or 15 loaves of bread a month," he explains.

"Yeah, it's hard to keep up sometimes," admits the 5'7", 280 pound Florida native. "But I figure, hey, if the USDA doesn't know what's good for me, who does?"

Steinholz, who began the USDA diet eight months ago, says that regular injections of insulin help his body process the enormous carbohydrate load that the "food pyramid" subjects him to.

:rofl:

280lbs and insulin dependent--wow that pyramid really does work!!

becky123abc 01-04-2012 04:17 AM

:(:mad::eek::cry:I don't know what happened to me yesterday...my appetite was crazy and I completely gave in! I won't even say what I ate...but it wasn't "purty!"

I ordered some of the Quest Bars which are delicious...but I think they encourage my appetite too much...I will put them away for awhile. I'm going to do meat only for a few days and see if I can get things back under control.

My weight is creeping back up...and I'm not very happy with myself!!

Mim 01-04-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becky123abc (Post 15295664)
:(:mad::eek::cry:I don't know what happened to me yesterday...my appetite was crazy and I completely gave in! I won't even say what I ate...but it wasn't "purty!"

I ordered some of the Quest Bars which are delicious...but I think they encourage my appetite too much...I will put them away for awhile. I'm going to do meat only for a few days and see if I can get things back under control.

I think you are right about the Bars triggering your appetite. I haven't eaten that kind of "food" in quite some time, but when I did, I noticed that my cravings would appear. Ug. Be gentle with yourself and eat lots of meat!

Mim 01-04-2012 05:30 AM

Yippeee! Today is the day! With the last bite of lunch I will officially start back on plan! I'll weigh tomorrow and try to take some measurements. I've never been overly successful taking measurements - but I'll give it a go. I am looking forward to feeling good again.

CCGirl 01-04-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getting there!!! (Post 15294815)
280lbs and insulin dependent--wow that pyramid really does work!!

:hyst: I knew you would love that :hyst:
Quote:

Originally Posted by becky123abc (Post 15295664)

Quest Bars????????

Mim is right, be gentle with yourself
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mim (Post 15295815)
Yippeee! Today is the day! With the last bite of lunch I will officially start back on plan! I'll weigh tomorrow and try to take some measurements. I've never been overly successful taking measurements - but I'll give it a go. I am looking forward to feeling good again.

:sing: time to go clean! :clap:

CCGirl 01-04-2012 05:38 AM

It's a balmy 6F here at the cottage this morning. Our first real taste of winter, save for the grass still visible outside. Usually the snow is up to the windowsills this time of year. No complaints, bring on the global warming! :D

IM2fat 01-04-2012 05:39 AM

:hiya: Huggs!

makemeslim 01-04-2012 07:54 AM

Oh great, thanks for starting the thread CC. I have failed to start back on Stills but there is no way I am going to let all the good work I have done go to waste so I am making a solid promise to return tomorrow and to log in here daily. It's been nice having loose jeans and a flat tum...I felt great xmas day. However, if I am not careful I might soon end up where I started and we can not be having that. So tomorrow will be eggs for breakfast, tuna melt for lunch and then maybe some sort of chicken dish for lunch...remembering nothing changes until I change!
Hugs to all. x

makemeslim 01-04-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mim (Post 15295815)

Me too Mim...I start back tomorrow too...let's get this party started! :shake: Although I do realise it has already started for some of you...keep it up ladies!

makemeslim 01-04-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM2fat (Post 15295843)

Right back atcha!

makemeslim 01-04-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCGirl (Post 15294573)
Our Father and Mother in heaven,
hallowed be your names.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily meat,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into carb temptation,
but deliver us from carb evil."

Nice one CC!

makemeslim 01-04-2012 08:17 AM

rEALLY EXCITED, oH HATE it when that happens. Anyway looking forward to tomorrow and being adventurous with my grub.

CCGirl 01-04-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM2fat (Post 15295843)

:hugs::jumpjoy:IM!:jumpjoy::hugs:

CCGirl 01-04-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makemeslim (Post 15296323)
Oh great, thanks for starting the thread CC. I have failed to start back on Stills but there is no way I am going to let all the good work I have done go to waste so I am making a solid promise to return tomorrow and to log in here daily. It's been nice having loose jeans and a flat tum...I felt great xmas day. However, if I am not careful I might soon end up where I started and we can not be having that. So tomorrow will be eggs for breakfast, tuna melt for lunch and then maybe some sort of chicken dish for lunch...remembering nothing changes until I change!
Hugs to all. x

there is no way I am going to let all the good work I have done go to waist :shake: