Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Not even remotely possible!!
HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA Yam u know me better than myself!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I Storage Wars! Nitey-Nite to you!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Storage wars!! Ha. . my boys love that. . I'm watching Mob Wives until I can switch over to Dateline. . . .

I'm pathetic. . . but TV has gotten so weird. . so much reality/fantasy. but I'm guilty!!
Old 01-08-2012, 02:03 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
MMS: I have a nice bottle of red that I'm going to break out one of these days and have with a nice filet mignon. won't be for a while. Another -5 # maybe? Enjoy your bath, your book, and your sips!
Thanks Yam... I did enjoy and then last night I went back on my word and thought I could enjoy another...big mistake, it set off cravings and I am now back to day one! Not sweating it though... got some low fat stewing steak which I will make up for today. I need to have some food on the ready for times when I feel like I need to pick... maybe I will try chicken bites and coat them with paprika or curry or something.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:09 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
MMS, enjoy your soak.........funny, we have a whirlpool tub and have hardly used it.....and I'm a water sign, too

GT hitting those sales hard, go you! my fashionista bug has subsided for now, pretty well stocked save for a violet pullover cable knit I can't find in my price range (soo cheeeeeep I yam)

Mar, just realized you're a mini you at 5'3"

Mim have the aspirin at the ready..... what are you mixing into the tuna???
A whirlpool tub! oooohhhh how nice.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:21 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
This board is loooooking good.... everyone's got a gr8 attitude. I am loving the vibe it's keeping me sooooo motivated. Gotta a question for u gals. How much does sodium affect the weight loss because i made a bunch of teriyaki chicken breasts today they were yummy. I used soy sauce but the one with low sodium.
Mim- what's a flavor pack? I would love to have anything to make tuna taste good.
It does not make a difference to my weight loss. I love soy sauce but all the ones I have seem to have quite a few carbs. Was watching come dine with me and one of the hosts did fresh tuna with soy sauce... it looked so good. I love fresh tuna with lime, garlic and a little shaved Parmesan. I like and I know this might sound a little odd but it works for me, tinned tuna mixed with fresh chives, fresh thyme, chili flakes a little low fat mayo mixed together then I put a LF laughing cow cheese on the top (processed I know) and microwave then mix again. Thankfully a little LF cheese has never hurt my weight loss which is great because I lurve cheese,
Old 01-08-2012, 02:31 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You know what amazes me? After only a few days on protein, all the cravings vanish. Poof! I feel so energized. And, so un-hungry!
Can't wait to join you.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:35 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hi gals! I'm just hanging for now. Had 3 perfect days (doing my "thing") but no binges so I call that success!!! I am so glad you guys are always so positive. . I would get sick of me popping in and out all the time. I guess the worst would be if I gave up all together. .

Got a wake up call when I weighed myself on the first. . Wowsers! Hubby did, as well. He went to the Doc and discovered he has gout! Very painful and I don't quite understand it but He is supposed to cut out certain meats, alcohol and other impurities??!! . . Either way, he got weighed and was quite shocked, as well. . It just goes to show, you must embrace a healthy lifestyle. you can't go back to old habits. .

ON that note, .I must be insane. . I keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting better results! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

On another positive note: My stomach actually growled today. . I was quite intriqued and quite happy. . so happy that I wanted to call someone. problem is. no one would care!!! It was a great feeling. .haven't felt "hungry" in a long time. . Bored. .but not hungry. .

Happy meat dreams, peeps! I'll hang for a while as I love the positive vibes. .
3 perfect days,...now if I could just follow suit.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:39 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MIm!

Yes indeed. . life is grand! I survived a night out (dinner). . my 3 boys are all gone away to a youth convention with the church so only my baby (who is 9) is home with us tonight. . It has been 17 long years since we've only had one child at home. . strange. . He wanted to go out for dinner. . how could I say no? I ordered, within my plan range, and enjoyed the company. We are home watching a movie and even though he won't sit next to me on the couch, we are still sharing a moment! ( in my dreams!) but it feels nice. I think I will take him somewhere special tomorrow instead of sitting in front of my computer working my day away. .

Ahhhh. . 2012 is gonna be the best year yet. . I'll be 45. . I want to enjoy it rather than cry. . so. I'm counting on your support to reach my goal. . I have until april. . I can do this!!! (My other baby graduates this year and I have to be my best for those pictures!!)
You totally can do it...I'll be 42 in May so not far behind you.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:40 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MMS. . glad to see your beautiful smile. .
Ahhh thanks.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:44 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Oh My! I'm acting like someone who had been on plan for weeks! I put together a shelf for the basement so I can get things sorted that I've just left down there. My treadmill is set up next to my total gym. I even did a few minutes on the treadmill. I'm getting ready to take down my Christmas tree. I usually keep it up until the Sunday after Epiphany, which is tomorrow, but since I have a bunch of things pulled out and scattered it makes more sense to put Christmas away while I tidy up! I may make a dash to TJ Maxx to get a bench I saw yesterday. I've been looking at them elsewhere and the price is right at TJ's! If I don't go out today, I'll get it tomorrow. I love the spirit of renewal!
TJ Maxx??? Is that like TK Maxx???
Old 01-08-2012, 02:50 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lions do rock this year!!!!!!!!

wowsers...........take that spirit and run with it girl!!!!!!!

O girls I am in denial about my age now......my stepsister told me at the holidays that I looked like 32 or 33.........I was ready to write her a check!

OK so the non interest in fashion subsided today, got some new pullover cable knit sweaters in electric blue and dark teal, and a cashmere turtleneck in raspberry..........whew, I was getting worried I had lost some diva motivation..........
As they say... age is just a number, you are not even half way up the hill with regards to your looks, you do look young CC and such lovely hair. Can I have a cheque.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:39 AM   #103
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! MMS - It is so nice to wake up and see your posts! My day will start brighter!

I am very amazed that after 3 1/2 days I am still feeling good! I'm a bit tired but I don't know if it is carb withdrawal, the fact that I've worked kinda hard, or just the ms rearing its ugly head. But whatever it is, I still don't feel too bad for it. I woke up at 5:45 this morning, which is about my usual natural wake-up time. After church I'll do a mad pick up in my house - still some leftover Christmas clutter. Then later this afternoon I'll have the three granddaughters for a sleepover! What fun!
Old 01-08-2012, 04:40 AM   #104
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! MMS - It is so nice to wake up and see your posts! My day will start brighter!

I am very amazed that after 3 1/2 days I am still feeling good! I'm a bit tired but I don't know if it is carb withdrawal, the fact that I've worked kinda hard, or just the ms rearing its ugly head. But whatever it is, I still don't feel too bad for it. I woke up at 5:45 this morning, which is about my usual natural wake-up time. After church I'll do a mad pick up in my house - still some leftover Christmas clutter. Then later this afternoon I'll have the three granddaughters for a sleepover! What fun!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:07 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/192/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
Things have been good for me LC-wise...I'm trying to get back into the 150's...

I guess the good Lord knew what He was doing when He made our fearfully and wonderfully made bodies...if we could just eat a certain way and lose at a steady pace, we would possibly get to a unhealthy low weight...

If I'm on a losing streak, that is a great incentive for me to stay on plan...but when I hit a plateau, that's when I get the urge to indulge. Right now I'm in a losing phase...mostly I guess because I'm losing Christmas & preChristmas weight...

When I get into the 150's, I'll be back where I was a year ago...

I'm going to see how long I can go on VLC...very low carb...Right now I'm just eating a chunk or two of a good piece of steak and coffee with cream. Friday night we went to Olive Garden and I had their yummy salad (minus croutons) and the steamed broccolli along with the salmon. It was very, very good and although I did not see a loss Saturday morning, I stayed the same...

Coming home from a neighboring town last night DH decided to call in Pizza from Pizza Inn...a treat we don't get often since there is not one in our town. Man, that was tempting...he said, "You could just eat the toppings..." and I could have and stayed LC...but I'm so glad I resisted...I did wake up to a loss this morning that probably wouldn't have shown had I eaten the pizza.

So, I'm enjoying being in a losing phase...knowing it's the "right time of the month" for me to lose...and thankful...and hoping I can hold on when the scale shows the same number over and over...

Right now, mostly meat only is doing me good. I really don't crave. I can stand hunger...even like IM said, I can get a little buzz over hunger pains...makes me feel like I'm on the right track...but those cravings...they are soooooo hard to withstand...it's maddening sometimes!

Oh, another daily treat I've had twice now is to pour some cream in a glass and then a nice cold diet soda on top. It makes a nice float I can sip on. Right now the cream in that and in my coffee isn't hurting me and is very satisfying...but I may have to adjust as I lose and cut it out. I hope not though...

Ok, my coffee has kicked in and I'm rambling...

I hope everyone has a victorious day!! Let's remember the big picture...but be merciful to ourselves if we stumble! : )
Old 01-08-2012, 05:15 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post

Hi Mim, sounds like you got a great day ahead... do hope its not the MS, probs a bit of carb withdrawal. Have fun today.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Things have been good for me LC-wise...I'm trying to get back into the 150's...

I guess the good Lord knew what He was doing when He made our fearfully and wonderfully made bodies...if we could just eat a certain way and lose at a steady pace, we would possibly get to a unhealthy low weight...

If I'm on a losing streak, that is a great incentive for me to stay on plan...but when I hit a plateau, that's when I get the urge to indulge. Right now I'm in a losing phase...mostly I guess because I'm losing Christmas & preChristmas weight...

When I get into the 150's, I'll be back where I was a year ago...

I'm going to see how long I can go on VLC...very low carb...Right now I'm just eating a chunk or two of a good piece of steak and coffee with cream. Friday night we went to Olive Garden and I had their yummy salad (minus croutons) and the steamed broccolli along with the salmon. It was very, very good and although I did not see a loss Saturday morning, I stayed the same...

Coming home from a neighboring town last night DH decided to call in Pizza from Pizza Inn...a treat we don't get often since there is not one in our town. Man, that was tempting...he said, "You could just eat the toppings..." and I could have and stayed LC...but I'm so glad I resisted...I did wake up to a loss this morning that probably wouldn't have shown had I eaten the pizza.

So, I'm enjoying being in a losing phase...knowing it's the "right time of the month" for me to lose...and thankful...and hoping I can hold on when the scale shows the same number over and over...

Right now, mostly meat only is doing me good. I really don't crave. I can stand hunger...even like IM said, I can get a little buzz over hunger pains...makes me feel like I'm on the right track...but those cravings...they are soooooo hard to withstand...it's maddening sometimes!

Oh, another daily treat I've had twice now is to pour some cream in a glass and then a nice cold diet soda on top. It makes a nice float I can sip on. Right now the cream in that and in my coffee isn't hurting me and is very satisfying...but I may have to adjust as I lose and cut it out. I hope not though...

Ok, my coffee has kicked in and I'm rambling...

I hope everyone has a victorious day!! Let's remember the big picture...but be merciful to ourselves if we stumble! : )
Steak and steamed broccoli sounds so good to me right now, yum. The cream and soda sounds interesting...might give it a go at some point. Great that you are on a losing streak and are in control...not sure I would/could have resisted the pizza topping.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Becky, Mim and MMS:

So happy to see you all up and at 'em and checking in.

I've been on a plateau for a while but at someone's suggestion I decided to average my weekly weight for the last two weeks. I'm down -1.4! Didn't even notice because the scale has been bouncing up and down every day. But, the trend is down and being in this slow loss mode, that made me feel good.

Been spending my time this morning going through my closet and dresser drawers. I'm weeding out more and more of the too-big-n'-baggy stuff. And, having fun finding a few smaller things that now fit. Yay!

I made a big pot of vegetable soup yesterday because DH loves it so much. I just added a bunch of leftover turkey breast, chopped up and re-heated it. Soup is just the meal that keeps on giving. LOL. You can keep adding stuff and re-heating.

I had a small bowl of it last night. Today I'm thinking about just having the turkey and broth and skipping veggies. I did have a couple ounces of leftover T-bone steak and half a diet pepsi. So, I'm not hungry at all yet.

Hope you all continue to have a great day!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Becky, Mim and MMS:

So happy to see you all up and at 'em and checking in.

I've been on a plateau for a while but at someone's suggestion I decided to average my weekly weight for the last two weeks. I'm down -1.4! Didn't even notice because the scale has been bouncing up and down every day. But, the trend is down and being in this slow loss mode, that made me feel good.

Been spending my time this morning going through my closet and dresser drawers. I'm weeding out more and more of the too-big-n'-baggy stuff. And, having fun finding a few smaller things that now fit. Yay!

I made a big pot of vegetable soup yesterday because DH loves it so much. I just added a bunch of leftover turkey breast, chopped up and re-heated it. Soup is just the meal that keeps on giving. LOL. You can keep adding stuff and re-heating.

I had a small bowl of it last night. Today I'm thinking about just having the turkey and broth and skipping veggies. I did have a couple ounces of leftover T-bone steak and half a diet pepsi. So, I'm not hungry at all yet.

Hope you all continue to have a great day!
Oh I know Yam, you just can not beat a good homemade soup/stew. Next week I plan to go through my wardrobe, such fun!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Oh I know Yam, you just can not beat a good homemade soup/stew. Next week I plan to go through my wardrobe, such fun!

MMS: Was just saying to DH that I can't believe how much soup we ate today! It's kind of addictive. But, a good addiction.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MMS: Was just saying to DH that I can't believe how much soup we ate today! It's kind of addictive. But, a good addiction.

Yummm....it sounds perfect especially for this time of the year. (Although we are having unseasonably warm weather right now!)
Old 01-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Quote:
I love soup! I just bought one of those super market premade chickens so I mat have to make a pot, the only thing us I live alone so after about 3 days of the dame soup 2-3 times a day I get bored of it haha
Old 01-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Yummm....it sounds perfect especially for this time of the year. (Although we are having unseasonably warm weather right now!)
Us too! Winnipeg us normally freezing in January like 8 layers and still cold freezing haha but this year it hadn't gotten below -10 yet, strange
Old 01-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I love soup! I just bought one of those super market premade chickens so I mat have to make a pot, the only thing us I live alone so after about 3 days of the dame soup 2-3 times a day I get bored of it haha
Can't say I ever get bored with soup. Maybe it's because I keep adding different things to it. Was thinking today I might add some chopped up leftover T-bone steak.

Our weather in northern California was warm yesterday. But, it's been all over the place. One day it is freezing cold, the next day it's like spring.

I am heading out the door to the gym soon. I'm planning to do one hour of cardio and one hour of strength training. From there I gotta head to the store and run some other errands. Will BBL. Have a good day!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
As they say... age is just a number, you are not even half way up the hill with regards to your looks, you do look young CC and such lovely hair. Can I have a cheque.
O yes, absolutely, keep shoveling the poo-er, compliments (joking, I will take all I can get) can ye cash dollars there or shall I paypal you in pounds?
Old 01-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mar, I know what you mean, a quart jar of soup lasts me a week or more. But I looove making it, almost more than eating it!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

gals, I have to be honest here, so here we go.....(hangs head in shame)

After successfully voiding the cottage's kitchen of veggies last week, on Saturday's forage I came home with
3 lbs. carrots
2 stalks celery
a huge head of romaine
a euro cuke (what do they call these in Europe? The expensive cuke that the Yanks are dumb enough to pay more for? )

Feel free to let the stoning begin.........(hanging head in shame)
Old 01-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Ok gals, I woke up to a 1-2 pound GAIN this morning!! So much for my feeling good in a weight-loss mode!! I was ready to pig out!!!

BUT, I did ok...I did eat the top of that beef pizza that was leftover from the other night... but that's still pretty low carb. At least I didn't go nuts w/the carbs!

Weight loss and gain is such a mysterious thing!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hang in there Becks, at least you didn't morph into a rabbit like I did.........
Old 01-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
O yes, absolutely, keep shoveling the poo-er, compliments (joking, I will take all I can get) can ye cash dollars there or shall I paypal you in pounds?
Closed Thread