Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 07:33 AM   #511
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
woooooooohooooooo look who magically appears!!!!!!!!!! {{{{{{{{AL}}}}}}}}}

okay so back to the milk dilemma.........WTH am I buying skim for if it's loaded with carbs and sugar?????????? And what do I buy from now on????
What do you use it for? I use heavy cream - a splash in an occasional cup of tea.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Hey. . Al has arisen!! . .

Just popping in. . I've had a crazy January. . Down only 2 pounds. . but down is down so I shall not fret!! Just gotta get my act together. .I have a wedding in April and have to see the parental units (haven't seen them since my last round of Stillmans when I was actually losing!!). . NOw I'm a little more fluffy. .so I gotta work on getting flat!!! You guys sure know how to rock this diet. .

WTG. .thinking of you and sending meat dreams your way. . (and a little woosh fairy, too!)
Old 01-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
I'm on this milk thing because I'm making french toast for himself and realizing it's loaded with carbs........I'm secretly trying to get him as locarb as possible without knowing it...
Old 01-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

going to seriously check out locarb bread for him..
Old 01-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Our January thaw continues........temps 40F today and sunny.....driveways are like skating rinks from the rains........must get lots of salt and sand today in the metropolis.
No clue what to wear.....mum sent a pair of chocolate suede mary janes my way, still trying to wrap my head around them...........

Old 01-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday hugs{{{{{{}}}}}}
Old 01-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #517
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hey peeps!! Quick check in!! I've been so busy with work-yup still got the 2 jobs-only for the next week though--so I'll have more time for LCFs!!!! Yay!!! And for working out!! Bigger yay!!! I also had a girlfriend staying with me last week. I've not been on plan at all really since xmas-well on and off!! I know I've gained a bit-jeans are definitely tighter. And I feel 'softer'. But in the last 2 days I've been back!!! I just have the yoghurt to kick now!!! I know it stalls me-at least I think dairy does--even though Dukan allows it.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 01-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #518
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Al and Im2---are we always just going to get ye as a double act now girls????
Old 01-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #519
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh P.S.---- i usually read your posts in bed on my fone at night quickly but I'm usually too tired to reply---sorry!!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Happy Sunday, everyone! I've been doing pretty well on Stillman's, but did have an Atkin's day yesterday. I ate scrambled eggs cooked in butter, a hot dog (we were outside at an event), some cream in my coffee, and chicken with green chiles and cheese for dinner. Still kept the carbs very low, but there was a lot of fat involved. I'm up .5 lb today, but not too worried about it...probably from the salty hot dog. I've had 2 eggs and black coffee today so far, so I'm right back on track. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wheww, another AWOL checks in. Have a good time with your girlfriend, GT!

things have turned badly on the ranch, one of our kitties is checking out (getting ready to pass on) today and we are not taking it well........but it is what we signed on for as kitty parents, although this does not help when the time is near.........I'm just trying not to fall apart for himself's sake.......
Old 01-30-2012, 04:20 AM   #522
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! It is nice to be back in my own place, doing my own thing! I'm going on vacation which will start at the close of an evening meeting on Thursday. I've taken 2 weeks off. One of those weeks I'll be visiting family and friends in Michigan and the other week I'll be doing things I like to do here. Staying on plan will be tough but I'm going to do my absolute best! I'm in kinda a funky place - I have the desire and the excitement to get this weight off, but my schedule until the middle of February is making it really tough. I am invited to a parishioner's home tonight for dinner. So, my plan is to do the best I can, and to hit it hard starting mid February. Lent starts Feb. 22nd so I will have the perfect cover for eating lean and clean!
Old 01-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #523
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

GT - I was getting worried about you! I'm so glad you popped in!

CC - I'm sorry about the kitty.

Butterfly - Good job with the Atkins day! Being adaptable is the key to success!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:19 AM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Good Monday morning! Mim, it is tough to stick to Stillman's when you have a lot going on. Your plan sounds good. Do your best to keep it lowcarb, and then get back to clean Stillman's when it's doable for you! I find that if I stay away from bread, sugar, the things that cause me to go overboard, I don't gain weight.

I slipped up last night and got into the cheese and peanut butter. Not the worst thing to cheat with, but I really need to get back on plan today. My weight didn't change from yesterday, but I want it to start moving again! Here's to a clean week of Stillman's!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Mim, he passed quietly mid afternonn. Things are better today, DH is busy with sanding and salting the paddock so if I can keep him busy he won't dwell. On the backs of the Valkyries my child is off to the Summerland with the others.

didn't eat hardly a thing so today is a crapshoot, I have lots of things already made so no worries.

BFM!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wheww, another AWOL checks in. Have a good time with your girlfriend, GT!

things have turned badly on the ranch, one of our kitties is checking out (getting ready to pass on) today and we are not taking it well........but it is what we signed on for as kitty parents, although this does not help when the time is near.........I'm just trying not to fall apart for himself's sake.......
I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #527
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi All!

I have been and will be MIA off and on for a while. Boy, life get's busy sometimes!

Al: I was so excited to see your post!

CC: Sorry for the loss of your kitty. It's so hard to lose our furry friends.

About lactose free milk: You have Dukan's book right? He goes into detail about why the carbs in lactose free are different. It's something about separated out the lactose. If I had time, I would look it up for you! I love milk and yogurt and was soooooooo glad to read Dukan's version of low carb/ no carb and that he includes fat free milk and greek fat free yogurt. He does recommend lactose free and I have read that before about protein shakes. You should buy lactose free whey isolate if you are going to use protein powder.

On the discussion about what to eat when eating out:

I should be an expert by now! Omelets or any kind of eggs are good. Sometimes I order steak and eggs. Friday for lunch I ordered a lettuce wrap. It was so awesome! It came with thai steak strips and butter leaf lettuce. You wrap the lettuce around the steak strips and make it like a fajita. It came with shredded purple and green cabbage and I got some vinegar and oil to top it off.

I go for lean protein and then a side of green veggies, steamed or a side salad with EVOO and ACV that I put on it myself. Think protein! You can always find something on a menu if you think about it.

Louise

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for the support gals, we are okay.

Yam I was reading the lactose free labels and there's some kind of enzyme they put in the milk. The sugar and carb counts are the same, so are they really taking out the lactose or just tempering the reaction of intolerance by adding the enzyme?????????
Old 01-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

any truth to this??????

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.
REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being released to
telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

.... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:
888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the
cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

to all my LCFs...........

Friendship ~ None of that Sissy Sh*t
Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality?
Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.
You will see no cute little smiley faces on this ~Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.

When you are sad ~ I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bast@rd who made you sad.

When you are blue ~ I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

When you smile ~ I will know you are thinking of something that I would probably want to be involved in.

When you are scared ~ I will rag on you about it every chance I get until you're NOT.

When you are worried~ I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.

When you are confused ~ I will try to use only little words.

When you are sick~ Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

When you fall ~ I will laugh at your clumsy a$$, but I'll help you up.

This is my oath .....I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask ~ because you are my friend.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #531
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
any truth to this??????

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.
REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being released to
telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

.... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:
888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the
cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.
I

It is not true. ?Mobile Phone Numbers Go Public This Month? Scam - Softpedia
Old 01-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #532
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
to all my LCFs...........

Friendship ~ None of that Sissy Sh*t
Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality?
Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.
You will see no cute little smiley faces on this ~Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.

When you are sad ~ I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bast@rd who made you sad.

When you are blue ~ I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

When you smile ~ I will know you are thinking of something that I would probably want to be involved in.

When you are scared ~ I will rag on you about it every chance I get until you're NOT.

When you are worried~ I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.

When you are confused ~ I will try to use only little words.

When you are sick~ Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

When you fall ~ I will laugh at your clumsy a$$, but I'll help you up.

This is my oath .....I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask ~ because you are my friend.

At last! A true friend!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MIM

thanks for the ruling on the cell fone nonsense............I just looooove my inbox, I do I do :rofll
Old 01-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Dear all my LCFs,
Its been a while since I've last logged on.
I am now back. In the summer, from the last week of May to the first week of August, I stayed on plan and was able to successfully lose 32 lbs, from 139 to 107 lbs. I was amazed that I succeeded in losing this much weight, and owe it all to the support I received here. But the big problem was, even after losing so much weight, having all my clothes fit, looking better than ever, and having the most confidence I'd ever had, I didn't change my way of thinking. While I was dieting, although I got used to eating plainly all the time, my cravings never really stopped. I always thought everything would be okay if I lost all the weight I needed to lose, but that was not the case. I worked so hard to resist going off plan no matter how much pressure there was from others to eat other food, but ultimately after losing weight, went back little by little to eating whatever I wanted. Over the holidays, with consistent overindulging from October to now, combined with my more insulin-sensitive metabolism, I've put back on all the weight I lost, 30 lbs in just 4 months. I wonder if my hard core dieting changed and lowered my metabolism, this could be true, but it doesn't matter anyway. What matters more is that I realize that because of my personal tendency to eat for pleasure, which often leads to overeating, that I should go back on the stillman diet and continue to eat that way for the long term to maintain my loss. Eating sweets tends to make me spiral completely out of control, and seeing what has happened to me, I believe I need to stay off them for life after I lose weight this time. But despite the embarrassment about my relapse, I have really learned my lesson this time. I see some familiar names, and some new ones, and I look forward to participating here again to share support and stay accountable this time for weight loss and maintenance.
Purekitten
Old 01-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purekitten
Stats: 141/130.8/100 5'2"
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Hey Getting There, I saw that your original weight was 252, did you lose it all on Stillman's? Also, have you ever gained any weight back, or were you able to maintain the loss consistently? I think you are in a good position to offer some advice on maintaining, can you offer some words of advice?
Thanks!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #536
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back, Purekitten! I totally feel your pain on regaining. I'm in the same boat, insulin sensitivity and all. It's definitely time to get into a better mindset.

For me, my weight has been stuck this week. I had a couple days where I wasn't 100% on Stillman's, but I was still lowcarb/Atkins. I haven't gained, but I haven't lost, which is annoying. I've also been really hungry this week, and I feel like it's the fat I'm missing. I ate some chicken sauteed in olive oil last night, and felt much better, but it didn't help me to lose. Oh well, I'm staying the course. Black coffee, eggs, chicken breast, water and that's about it. I hope everyone is doing well today!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

Purekitten: Glad you are back!

I am old/new I think I found this LCF site back in 2010 when I was surfing around the Net, wondering if any one else had ever heard of Stillman. I was sooooooo surprised and delighted to find a whole bunch of friends here! I first read Stillman's book back in 1969 when it first came out and I was 15 years old. My brother and I went on it for 3 months and were very successful.

My hormones were still whacky in 2010 from the "change" and I only lost about 10 pounds. I'm back full force now since August 1st, 2011 and am doing my own "hybrid" version of Stillman. That's because I read Dukan's book (The Dukan Diet) after hearing about it on the Dr. Oz show.

I think GT has used Dukan as well. I've said here before that when I started reading Dukan's book, I felt like he is the reincarnation of Dr. Stillman. He still sticks to the basic high protein, low fat, no carb plan, but there are some important variations and lots of info to back up why it works. He allows and encourages fat free, plain Greek yogurt and fat free (preferably lactose free) milk, unlimited. He also moves you from the first, strict, pure protein "Attack" diet into a protein/non-starchy vegetable rotation diet and then teaches you how to maintain your loss for the rest of your life.

It makes sooooooo much sense! I highly recommend his book to go along with Stillman's plan.

I lost 14 pounds in 10 days doing Stillman the "Dukan" way. Then went on to drop a total of 20 pounds by the end of the first 30 days. I never gained any of it back. Not an ounce. Because, even though I have enjoyed other foods, I followed Dukan's principles. Now I'm down a total of 34 pounds since Aug 1st.

Like I said, I'm doing my own liveable hybrid version of LC. I'm tracking my food on the Weight Watchers website and lately I've been trying the alternate day up and down calorie plan. However, I'm finding that losses are slow and I'm thinking for me, that's more of a maintenance WOE.

Anyway! Sorry I got so gabby!

Glad you are here!

Old 01-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #538
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Welcome back, Purekitten! I totally feel your pain on regaining. I'm in the same boat, insulin sensitivity and all. It's definitely time to get into a better mindset.

For me, my weight has been stuck this week. I had a couple days where I wasn't 100% on Stillman's, but I was still lowcarb/Atkins. I haven't gained, but I haven't lost, which is annoying. I've also been really hungry this week, and I feel like it's the fat I'm missing. I ate some chicken sauteed in olive oil last night, and felt much better, but it didn't help me to lose. Oh well, I'm staying the course. Black coffee, eggs, chicken breast, water and that's about it. I hope everyone is doing well today!
Butterflymama: I think some of us have talked before about our bodies dropping a certain amount of weight and then just "resting" there for a while before another big whoosh comes along. Hang in there and you will see another drop.

I'm glad you got some EVOO in. I never did give that up. Not even from day one. I've read so much research about the importance of omega 3's and healthy fats. I don't go overboard. Olive oil is the only fat I use. No butter or other kind of oil. But I do try to have it every day.

I bought some coconut oil quite a few months ago. It's great in cooking and everything and I love the taste. I just felt guilty eating it when I was trying to do Stillman/Dukan. So, I've stayed with the olive oil. (I actually read something about people who are trying to lose weight and not losing probably don't get enough Omega 3 fatty acids).

Anyway, when I look at my daily weight chart, I see that I would lose 5 or 10 pounds and then just stay the same for several days or even a week. Then when I got to the 25 pound point, I stayed the same for several weeks. At 30 down I stalled again.

I think for me it's a good idea that when I'm stalled I put the maintenance principles in Dukan's book into practice. That way my body is not rebelling and trying to gain the weight back. Then, when I'm ready, I do another pure protein push and it starts to drop again.

I seriously feel like I'm going to get to my goal and keep it off forever now. No more doubt. I have found the secret to maintaining my losses.

As I said, HANG IN THERE! We are all here to cheer each other on!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

{{{{{{{{{pure}}}}}}}}

it's listening to things like this that makes me firm in the belief that this is a lifestyle, not a diet...............
Old 01-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Closed Thread