Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ratty29
Stats: 218/207/138 - 5ft 1"
WOE: Judddd since
Start Date: 3/17/2012
I kinda do that mrb....its not a cheat meal though...its cheat wine

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #452
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty29 View Post
very cool. maybe I'll take one for the team and try it out. I'll do a weigh in each Friday and have 1 cheat day per weekend. We'll see what happens.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hi all, just in from hunting and gathering in the great forest...in 20F....The meat armory is well stocked! Even bot a ribeye on sale.

Just a flyby, I have to go up and feed barn kitties and listen to DH's recap of the day, his BFF stopped in, a mighty task, he's an hour and a half away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I don't have a flask, but I did get a bottle of wine!
whew, I was worried you didn't indulge......
Quote:
We get lots of snow, except for this year! It is the ice that takes down the power and usually it is less than 24 hours. When I lived in hurricane zone I had a generator. With well water, a loss of power is really tough!
yep, the drawbacks of country life...although you don't sound quite as rural as we are.......town population around 600. Yes, hundred, not a typo...
Quote:
I bought fake crab today - thanks for the suggestion Yam! I got it from Sams and it is delicious! I had not thought about it for home, although I really enjoy it.
Mim does it have a lot of sugar? I think that's how they fake the sweet crab taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
I bought some salmon burgers today - only 1 carb each. If I cook them right I bet they are yummy.

So, just a question. Does anybody do this diet 6 days on 1 day off. Like you eat perfect on plan all week, then Saturday or Sunday you have one cheat day or cheat meal? I wonder how that would work...

I remember back in high school I did something like that. I would basically starve all week then eat on weekends. I lost 60 pounds that summer.
when GwnStfani was here she would do a moderate higher fat treat day onve a week and she lost like da bomb.....I think we all do it to some degree...it lets you feel less restricted so you don't fall off of the wagon big time..
Quote:
pinot grigio is the dieters choice, the least sugar....
Quote:
very cool. maybe I'll take one for the team and try it out. I'll do a weigh in each Friday and have 1 cheat day per weekend. We'll see what happens.
take one for the team go team!!!!!!!!

Last edited by CCGirl; 01-21-2012 at 04:27 PM..
Old 01-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

either my nails are too damned long or my eyesight has really gone off, I keep typoing like mad.........
Old 01-22-2012, 04:14 AM   #455
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Sunday morning! This has been a very busy weekend. The ice did not take out any power but it shut down the area! I however, had to go to the office and worked from 9-4:30. Then I met my dd and sil for dinner and brought the two oldest girls home with me. I'm not on plan. There were 4 of us working on a project yesterday and pizza was ordered. I ate. And then I didn't even try to stay on plan for dinner. I'll do better today. I'll check in later!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Drastic weather....-9F below....was thinking about ya Mim, it should be a catastrophe come Mondays freezing rain and warm up..........

reading the paper and plotting my plan of attack. Have a feed store run on the schedule today but I'll be damned if I'm heading outside anytime soon, we are supposed to warm up into the high 20s by 3PM so I'm huddling inside waiting for the warmup.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #457
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
we are going to see the new Underworld movie today, so excited! Happy Sunday everyone
Old 01-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey rat, who's the sweet thang in your avi?
Old 01-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflymama
Stats: 196/185.5/135
WOE: Atkins/Stillman's
Start Date: 01/22/12, restart yet again
Can I sneak in and join you? I was here last year (I recognize a few names in this thread!), lost 20 pounds, went on vacation, gained it all back, you know the drill...back to square one. I've been trying to do Atkins for a while, but I've only lost like 5 pounds, so it's back to Stillman's for me. Today was day 1. I'm highly motivated to lose the weight this time. I'm going on a cruise for my anniversary in March, and I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my skinny, gorgeous sister's wedding in the fall, which means that I will be standing with her skinny, gorgeous friends. I'm already going to be the oldest bridesmaid, and I don't want to be the fat one too! My goal is 40 days on Stillman's, a break while we're on the cruise (it's just a 3 day thing), then back on plan to lose the rest. Planning to maintain with Atkins, which I seem to be able to do, I just can't lose the way I want to. So, I'm here. I'm going to be accountable. Now I'm off to try to catch up on this thread. Thanks for having me!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #460
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Butterflymama!! Great to have you hear and very nice to meet you.

Sounds like you have some great motivation.

I've been gone all weekend. DGK birthdays and it was darn fun!

We had one of the parties at a Chili's restaurant and I stuck with my plan! Yay me! They have a "lighter side" menu. I ordered sirloin steak that said it came with steamed brocolli. However! When they brought it, it came with a huge side of mashed potatoes and a big old piece of toasted and buttered garlic bread!

I passed off the bread to DH and the potatoes to DD (her favorite food and I think it's mine too. We could take a bath in mashed potatoes).

I did not mourn over it! I drank 2 cups of hot tea and 3 huge glasses of iced water and was happy. The birthday cake was a chocolate brownie, gooey with oreo cookie crumbs and ice cream and I didn't even look at it! Everyone kept saying, "c'mon...just have one bite." Nope! Not me! Not today! Whew.

Feel like I dodged a land mine! Now if it had been wine..... There would have been a different story...

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Yam-Yam, and WTG on resisting all those temptations!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #462
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymama View Post
Thanks, Yam-Yam, and WTG on resisting all those temptations!
Went to bed fairly early last night. I was expecting a nice drop on the scale this morning. But, NOTHING! Well, -.2 but that's about the same as nothing.

My body sure is in a resting place. I've been the same weight since just before Christmas.

Sort of scratching my head about where to go from here. I'm going to have lots of protein today and lots and lots of green tea and water. Should do some cardio but I have so much on the agenda today I just don't know when to fit it in. Gotta have my LC Friends time and would rather do that than go to the gym!

Maybe I'll just do a workout CD.

My clothes are still fitting great so the inches are staying off. I just want the stupid numbers on the scale to go down! Very frustrating to be on a plateau, put in the effort, stay on plan and stop seeing the fast results we all get used to.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #463
Blabbermouth!!!

GT: Where are you at, Girl?? Can you give me some words of wisdom??? Did you ever hit a long plateau on your way down? What do you think I should do?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #464
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mschaefer34
Stats: 220/203/185
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 1/10/12
Wow, Yam, passed on birthday cake -- you are STRONG. Good for you.

I think stalls are just part of the process, so hang in there on that one. I'll stay same scale-weight for a while (even though I know I am on-plan and below my calorie needs, so should be losing), and then there is a massive drop out of nowhere of 4-5 pounds, like overnight. I'm fairly sure it's just water weight, doing weird swings. It messes with your mind though while it's happening.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #465
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mschaefer34
Stats: 220/203/185
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 1/10/12
Welcome Butterflymama! I really like your plan -- other than the diet break for the cruise. Be careful with that one, cruises are a definite land-mine for me. Unlimited desserts makes my eating style resemble Cookie Monster's from Sesame Street. I'm sure you'll do better than me, but just "red flag" that weekend for extra willpower.

Cheers, Mike
Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
So, just a question. Does anybody do this diet 6 days on 1 day off. Like you eat perfect on plan all week, then Saturday or Sunday you have one cheat day or cheat meal? I wonder how that would work...

I remember back in high school I did something like that. I would basically starve all week then eat on weekends. I lost 60 pounds that summer.
So far, that's what I have been doing. It started out as a "Meditteranean Diet Day" on Sunday, after 3 days Stillmans, 3 days Atkins.

The idea is to have the protein first, to mitigate any carbs. The CAD diet, which Dr. Atkins actually recommended in case of cheats, allows carbs but they must be consumed within one hour so that the insulin response is not all crazy. Again, protein first will help with the glycemic index of the overall meal.

Last 2 weeks though it turned into just eating poorly. Especially this weekend. Something really bad happened on Friday that had me crying all afternoon, and Saturday I just lost it.

Back on plan with boiled egg for lunch today. I'm scared of the cake scale.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #467
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaefer34 View Post

I think stalls are just part of the process, so hang in there on that one. I'll stay same scale-weight for a while (even though I know I am on-plan and below my calorie needs, so should be losing), and then there is a massive drop out of nowhere of 4-5 pounds, like overnight. I'm fairly sure it's just water weight, doing weird swings. It messes with your mind though while it's happening.

You got that right! The good thing is that I'm losing inches, my clothes (expecially my new jeans with the rhinestones on the pockets) are fitting great. I feel good. I feel energetic. I even feel thinner!

So, I'm going to pray for what you said. a whoosh of 4 pounds eventually and trust it's gonna happen. Thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it!!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Welcome Butterflymama! I really like your plan -- other than the diet break for the cruise. Be careful with that one, cruises are a definite land-mine for me. Unlimited desserts makes my eating style resemble Cookie Monster's from Sesame Street. I'm sure you'll do better than me, but just "red flag" that weekend for extra willpower.

Cheers, Mike
Thanks, Mike! Yes, the cruise will be interesting. I've never been on a cruise before, but I've heard that there is a LOT of food to be had! I'm really not sure how I'm going to handle it, honestly. We are going to a wedding aboard the ship, and it is also our 11th wedding anniversary, so I know I'm not going to be able to do Stillman's (I mean, I won't WANT to). I will probably try to keep the carbs low but not completely deprive myself of a few treats here and there. Fortunately, the cruise is only 3 days, then it will be back to Stillman's land for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
So far, that's what I have been doing. It started out as a "Meditteranean Diet Day" on Sunday, after 3 days Stillmans, 3 days Atkins.

The idea is to have the protein first, to mitigate any carbs. The CAD diet, which Dr. Atkins actually recommended in case of cheats, allows carbs but they must be consumed within one hour so that the insulin response is not all crazy. Again, protein first will help with the glycemic index of the overall meal.

Last 2 weeks though it turned into just eating poorly. Especially this weekend. Something really bad happened on Friday that had me crying all afternoon, and Saturday I just lost it.

Glad you're back on plan, and I'm sorry you had a rough weekend. I hope things are ok now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
You got that right! The good thing is that I'm losing inches, my clothes (expecially my new jeans with the rhinestones on the pockets) are fitting great. I feel good. I feel energetic. I even feel thinner!
It sounds like you're doing great! I know how irritating it is to go through a stall, but if you're losing inches and feeling thinner, you are definitely on the right path.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #469
Blabbermouth!!!

Butterfly: DH and I have been on many cruises. My best tip would be to "cruise" the buffet or menu before you choose. Take huge portions of lean protein, like if they have chicken, beef or even if they have some good looking salmon. When you actually sit down and start eating, start with the protein. It gives you such a feeling of fullness and satisfaction and will help you to want less and eat less of the carby things that are not as good for you. Also, play with your food and talk a lot!

Sounds silly, huh? but I was telling someone the other day about what I do in Mexican restaurants. I always order chicken fajitas. I start by eating a bunch of the chicken and then start to create the actual fajita (corn tortillas, never flour ones). I put a bunch of chicken in it, then the sauteed veggies and some of the side salad I ordered and some salsa.

by the time I'm done building that and start eating it, the chicken I ate starts to kick in and I'm already getting full. so, I end up taking most of the meal home in a box! All that time playing with the fajita gave the protein time to make me feel full and satisfied.

Protein plus water is a powerful appetite suppressant because of the hormones it triggers in your brain. It's also a diuretic as you probably know from LCing! So, when you eat, start with protein. That's all I'm sayin'!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ratty29
Stats: 218/207/138 - 5ft 1"
WOE: Judddd since
Start Date: 3/17/2012
Hi Butterflymamma, I enjoyed reading some of your older posts as I was lurking on the site. You'll be looking amazing by the time of your cruise

Hey Yam Yam, you are rocking the amazing willpower, I think Mikes right, that weight is gonna fall off anyday soon, it can't stay there...your working your butt off

Hey CC, the honey in my pic is my hunky boyf...not Its an actor in a cheesy show I watch called supernatural....he wants to be my husband..he just doesn't know it yet

I hope everyone is well, just been having a play on my wii fit, hula hooping gets me hot!

Losing weight by and
Old 01-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Butterflymamma, I enjoyed reading some of your older posts as I was lurking on the site. You'll be looking amazing by the time of your cruise
Thanks, Ratty! I've been here off and on for...a while. I lost lots of weight (about 50 lbs) in 2004, and was down to a size 6, then life got in the way, lots of stressful stuff going on, and I started gaining it back. Then I had a 2nd baby in 2006 and gained most of it back. Now I'm exactly where I started many years ago (same weight but older), and hoping to have the same results!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Can I sneak in and join you? I was here last year (I recognize a few names in this thread!), lost 20 pounds, went on vacation, gained it all back, you know the drill...back to square one. I've been trying to do Atkins for a while, but I've only lost like 5 pounds, so it's back to Stillman's for me. Today was day 1. I'm highly motivated to lose the weight this time. I'm going on a cruise for my anniversary in March, and I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my skinny, gorgeous sister's wedding in the fall, which means that I will be standing with her skinny, gorgeous friends. I'm already going to be the oldest bridesmaid, and I don't want to be the fat one too! My goal is 40 days on Stillman's, a break while we're on the cruise (it's just a 3 day thing), then back on plan to lose the rest. Planning to maintain with Atkins, which I seem to be able to do, I just can't lose the way I want to. So, I'm here. I'm going to be accountable. Now I'm off to try to catch up on this thread. Thanks for having me!
BFM!!!!!!!!!!! O girl, now you know you can never go back from Stills! So hang out with the losers! We'll kick that cruise into gear for you and the wedding too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Butterflymama!! Great to have you hear and very nice to meet you.

We had one of the parties at a Chili's restaurant and I stuck with my plan! Yay me! They have a "lighter side" menu. I ordered sirloin steak that said it came with steamed brocolli. However! When they brought it, it came with a huge side of mashed potatoes and a big old piece of toasted and buttered garlic bread!

I passed off the bread to DH and the potatoes to DD (her favorite food and I think it's mine too. We could take a bath in mashed potatoes).

I did not mourn over it! I drank 2 cups of hot tea and 3 huge glasses of iced water and was happy. The birthday cake was a chocolate brownie, gooey with oreo cookie crumbs and ice cream and I didn't even look at it! Everyone kept saying, "c'mon...just have one bite." Nope! Not me! Not today! Whew.

Feel like I dodged a land mine! Now if it had been wine..... There would have been a different story...
WTG Yam WTG LOL mashed potato hot tub.......
Quote:

oooh that's a good point, I never thought about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post

O girl, I hope things are all good now......what on earth made you crash and burn Friday? Whatever it is, if you and yours are upright and breathing then it can't be that bad, no?

'I'm scared of the cake scale'
Quote:
Hi Hey CC, the honey in my pic is my hunky boyf...not Its an actor in a cheesy show I watch called supernatural....he wants to be my husband..he just doesn't know it yet
well I'm sure he's just not good enough for you then.........his loss
Old 01-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

32F raining and we know what happens next......ICE........go ahead, power company, I am ready!

off to feed kitties BBL
Old 01-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
BFM!!!!!!!!!!! O girl, now you know you can never go back from Stills! So hang out with the losers! We'll kick that cruise into gear for you and the wedding too!
I am so excited to be back! This is day 2 of Stillman's for me (was doing the ol' half-hearted Atkins thing for the whole month of January), and I already feel much better. I'm going to aim for a 15-20 lb loss by March 2, then the remaining 30-40 lbs. by the fall, heck, maybe even the summer. I plan to check in here on a regular basis so I stick with it. I can't do this without you guys!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
32F raining and we know what happens next......ICE........go ahead, power company, I am ready!

off to feed kitties BBL
Did someone say kitties? These little darlings are living with me until they are big enough to be adopted through the shelter where I volunteer. Aren't they adorable? I'm going to have a hard time giving them back!

Old 01-24-2012, 04:24 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, everyone! I am down 3.5 pounds this morning, and I'm feeling great. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am so excited to be back! This is day 2 of Stillman's for me (was doing the ol' half-hearted Atkins thing for the whole month of January), and I already feel much better. I'm going to aim for a 15-20 lb loss by March 2, then the remaining 30-40 lbs. by the fall, heck, maybe even the summer. I plan to check in here on a regular basis so I stick with it. I can't do this without you guys!!!
well, you really could go it alone, but it's more fun to have a home base of like minded skinnies.........
Quote:
Good morning, everyone! I am down 3.5 pounds this morning, and I'm feeling great. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
holy cow, Batgirl, whooooooooosh!!!!

and bless your heart on your new litter of babies.....we currently have 13 residing on the Cub Ranch.....
Old 01-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

need to cook up some vittles, there's nothing prepped and we all know where that leads. We're having a heat wave........40F today so I'm thinking some grilled salmon........off to work BBL have a rockin' day y'all......
Old 01-24-2012, 07:19 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
need to cook up some vittles, there's nothing prepped and we all know where that leads. We're having a heat wave........40F today so I'm thinking some grilled salmon........off to work BBL have a rockin' day y'all......
What kinds of things do you precook? I was just thinking about that as I just bought a bunch of chicken breasts at Costco and was thinking about cooking them up to have on hand. The problem I have is that plain chicken breast does nothing for me. They are so dry when cooked without fat. I could poach them in chicken broth, but still, bland city. Does anyone have any tips for spicing them up, Stillman's style?
Old 01-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #480
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Closed Thread