Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/180/160 5'5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaefer34 View Post
Hi Becky -- hang in there. I get that weird "can't-get-full-no-matter-what-I-eat" thing about once per month, usually on the weekends. It's bizarre, scary & a little sad, all at once. For me, the normal calorie goal goes way out the window (perhaps by breakfast), and the binge of gluttony continues for a day or two. This is not a "cheat meal" or even a "cheat day" -- this is a blowout of 10,000 calories per day or so (yikes). Being "full" is not even a restriction, being "queasy from overeating" is the ultimate feeling or sensation. My food choices are, of course, almost all carbs.

Not sure why, but it almost always ends on a Sunday. Monday morning, my mind is back on track -- normal routine -- cardio, weight lifting, and calorie deficit. If I could manage these goofy episodes, I'd be at my goal weight already (likely long ago).

Anyway, you are certainly not alone, and you will certainly bounce back. One thing that helps me is to watch the YouTube video called "BBC Story on Low Carb Dieting." It is 5 parts, each about 10 minutes, so I usually watch while doing cardio (you can kill an hour of cardio watching this thing). It is stuff we all know, but goes into some interesting studies trying to find out why low carb diets work so well. They end up concluding that it is the high-protein aspect of the diet that reduces the appetite. That video ultimately lead me to Stillman's -- the low fat version of the Atkins-style high protein diet. For some reason, watching the video gets me back on track and focused on proper food choices.

We're rooting for you.
Mike

And yes, for those that inquired, that's me in the avatar photo, with my dog, Nacho.

Thanks so much Mike! I will watch those videos you mentioned. The times I was losing the best and feeling the best...in control...was when I was reading Taubes WWGF...I need to review the WHYs and HOWs of LC!

I had a ribeye for lunch...and over 6 hours later I'm still satisfied...I'm afraid to do strict Stillman's because it seems like I need the fat to stay satisfied...

Still learning ...every day!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
mmmmmmmm, ribeyes........whatever works, Becks, you're living proof that it does!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #423
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
TaaaaaaaaaDaaaaaaaa! This week's loss is a whooping 2.5 pounds. And yes, I am happy for the loss, but I really thought it would be more. I can live with a slow loss, as long as I know I will keep seeing a loss each week. But last week was my first week and it was a 3.5 loss and this week, with no eating out was a 2.5 loss. 6 pounds in two weeks on Stills is not what one would hope for! At least not this one! However, I feel good and am not tempted to go off plan, so I'll just keep on keeping on!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:13 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

all right MIM!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 05:04 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so Mim, you loser you, what's for breakfast??????
Old 01-19-2012, 05:27 AM   #426
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
so Mim, you loser you, what's for breakfast??????
Eggs! Fish for lunch and fish for dinner. Yum
Old 01-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello, friends... I have not been sticking to plan but will return tomorrow for sure. Quick update for those who know I have been waiting for hospital tests/ results. Good news so far no cancer but a problem has been found but I will not go into it here but just to let you know I am OK and thank you for the support. Expect to see me around a lot more from here on. Hope everyone is doing good, might take a while to catch up.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Gotta get my head into meat mode!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Let's keep positive, MMS glad ur back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mim do tell details on fish lunch, after three years of vegan I was kinda fished out but I did pick up some beeeeautiful salmon steaks last forage.........must get back in the fish pond! LOL steak thawing as we write o decisions, decisions...........
Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #430
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Let's keep positive, MMS glad ur back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mim do tell details on fish lunch, after three years of vegan I was kinda fished out but I did pick up some beeeeautiful salmon steaks last forage.........must get back in the fish pond! LOL steak thawing as we write o decisions, decisions...........
I eat lots of salmon! I fix them different ways - my favorite is with soy sauce. I also get a blackened salmon from Sam's club. Orange Roughy is my favorite white fish but it is endangered for awhile so no more of that for a few years.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O did not know about the orange roughy........I guess my Dad ate them all so that's why they are endangered

hmmmmmmm must find rub recipe for blackened salmon, TTYL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dry Rub for Pork and Salmon Recipe
Average Rating:

Categories: American, BBQ, Condiment, Fish, Main Dish, Pork, Spice, Spice Blend

Submitted By: Helen Smith from Albany.

Dry Rub for Pork and Salmon Notes
This recipe makes a large amount of dry rub. I worked on it for a year--adding and subtracting--and finally got it to this delicious flavor after discovering the great herbs and spices at the Spice House. It's impossible without the smoky paprika and chipotle dry pepper. If you want less, just cut the recipe into thirds.

Ingredients
•1/2 cup Hungarian sweet paprika
•1/2 cup hot smoked Spanish paprika
•1 cup brown sugar
•3 tablespoons ground cumin
•3 tablespoons ancho chile powder
•3 tablespoons ground black pepper
•1 teaspoon cayenne (more to taste)
•3 tablespoons granulated onion
•3 tablespoons granulated garlic
•3 tablespoons ground celery seed
•1 tablespoon dried oregano
Serves / Yields
3 l/2 cups

Preparation Instructions
Mix all together and sift - keep in a quart jar in the refrigerator.

When preparing your salmon or pork, use very liberally on both sides. Let it sit about 5 minutes, then cook or grill as you choose.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ratty29
Stats: 218/207/138 - 5ft 1"
WOE: Judddd since
Start Date: 3/17/2012

That looks yummy CC, I'll try it with some stevia.

congrats on your loss mim

come and have a hug on the forum whenever you need it mms
Old 01-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 01-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #435
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

What to do, what to do! We are expecting half an inches of ice, followed by 4'' of snow! That means power outage. So, I'm heading to the office to get some work done and then to Sams to get some food! Thing is, It needs to be food I can cook now and eat later! I can deal with that, it is the thought of not having coffee that puts me in panic mode! : ) I really wish I had a gas stove.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
I'd love some snow mim!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #437
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi Peeps!

Long, long travel day yesterday and we got home to a cold house in the dark of night. I am soooooooo totally wiped out this morning.

- That's all I want to do but have so much work to catch up on. Just wanted to pop in and read some posts and hope to BBL to chat.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
What to do, what to do! We are expecting half an inches of ice, followed by 4'' of snow! That means power outage. So, I'm heading to the office to get some work done and then to Sams to get some food! Thing is, It needs to be food I can cook now and eat later! I can deal with that, it is the thought of not having coffee that puts me in panic mode! : ) I really wish I had a gas stove.
How about a flask?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Consumed 20 carbs today...not Stillman's I know but moving in the right direction. Tomorrow = 0 carbs...nice and easy does it.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just reread your posts and realised you may be without power for a while so a flask was probably a bit silly of me to suggest.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Having steak with a little English mustard for dinner. Tomorrow, I'm going to hit the tuna. I was so into it for a while (and as a result I bought a load) but now I just don't seem to fancy it. Will have to try and be a bit creative. Same with eggs, I'm kind of off those too at the moment...shame as that is what is on the menu for the next few days. Food is fuel, food is fuel.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Right back atcha. Happy Friday!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #443
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
Must be psychological - my brain knows it's Friday so it gets really hungry and begs for carbs. I was a BAD girl at the market this morning and bought some cottage cheese. I know it causes stalls but I had to have something different for awhile! Then it got worse. I was craving sweets at home so I dipped into the peanut butter. wth is wrong with me???? Maybe it was disappointment at the cake registering .5 gain today even though I ate really well yesterday...who knows. (OMG too funny!!!! I was thinking SCALE but honest to GOD typed out the word cake!)
Old 01-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
(OMG too funny!!!! I was thinking SCALE but honest to GOD typed out the word cake!)
Old 01-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Afraid of gas stoves.....used to work for a home heating company and it's sooo not an exact science.

You must have pretty mild winters Mim, after a few power outages that lasted longer than a day we bought a generator. As a matter of fact, it was 72 hours out and I had to call in 'dirty' to work, no shower for three days!
It was a little Coleman, only about 3500 watts but it would run the fridge and the well and the furnace.
When she finally died about ten years later I bot a monster 6500 watt. It will run the fridge, furnace, well, toaster oven and electric skillet, lights in four rooms, one tv and four pc's without breaking a sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Hi Peeps!

Long, long travel day yesterday and we got home to a cold house in the dark of night. I am soooooooo totally wiped out this morning.

- That's all I want to do but have so much work to catch up on. Just wanted to pop in and read some posts and hope to BBL to chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
How about a flask?
oh yes I have a monster supply of beer for himself and vodka for me, there's always a two week supply in the house!
Quote:
Consumed 20 carbs today...not Stillman's I know but moving in the right direction. Tomorrow = 0 carbs...nice and easy does it.
and no regrets or loathing, do it your way and you won't stress out on guilt.
Quote:
Right back atcha. Happy Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
Must be psychological - my brain knows it's Friday so it gets really hungry and begs for carbs. I was a BAD girl at the market this morning and bought some cottage cheese. I know it causes stalls but I had to have something different for awhile! Then it got worse. I was craving sweets at home so I dipped into the peanut butter. wth is wrong with me???? Maybe it was disappointment at the cake registering .5 gain today even though I ate really well yesterday...who knows. (OMG too funny!!!! I was thinking SCALE but honest to GOD typed out the word cake!)
ahhh, the dreaded cake scale relax babe you're doing just fine!

steakie for lunch, it was like eating a shoe, so lean.....blech, I gave it to the disposal, er, Trouble cat.

Last edited by CCGirl; 01-20-2012 at 03:21 PM..
Old 01-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

we're watching the Barrett Jackson classic car auction from Scottsdale AZ. 1970 Mustang Boss 302 sold for 190K. Wow.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #447
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just reread your posts and realised you may be without power for a while so a flask was probably a bit silly of me to suggest.
I don't have a flask, but I did get a bottle of wine!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #448
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

We get lots of snow, except for this year! It is the ice that takes down the power and usually it is less than 24 hours. When I lived in hurricane zone I had a generator. With well water, a loss of power is really tough!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #449
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I bought fake crab today - thanks for the suggestion Yam! I got it from Sams and it is delicious! I had not thought about it for home, although I really enjoy it.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #450
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
I bought some salmon burgers today - only 1 carb each. If I cook them right I bet they are yummy.

So, just a question. Does anybody do this diet 6 days on 1 day off. Like you eat perfect on plan all week, then Saturday or Sunday you have one cheat day or cheat meal? I wonder how that would work...

I remember back in high school I did something like that. I would basically starve all week then eat on weekends. I lost 60 pounds that summer.
Closed Thread