Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #391
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Or give it to a coworker and ask them to eat it in front of you while telling you how delicious it is! I make the girl who sits next to me do that all the time haha, I always feel like I am doing something dirty haha like describe it to me, is it delicious? whats the texture like?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #392
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi All!

Just got done walking, walking, walking, boating, bussing, monorail, shopping, shopping, you name it. I moved on or with or without it! What a place! 'Tis surely magical.

Yesterday I worked out in the gym for over an hour. Mostly weight lifting but I did do some kettle bell which got my heart rate up. Also ran up 4 flights of stairs several times.

Scale still down and it's my friend this morning!

Tonight we are going to a luau and hula show at the Polynesian Disney Resort. Should be fun. I have heard the amount of food they give you is way over the top. Gonna try to stay with the protein. I hope. I hope! Fingers crossed. !

You all sound good! congrats to all the losers!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Hi All!

Just got done walking, walking, walking, boating, bussing, monorail, shopping, shopping, you name it. I moved on or with or without it! What a place! 'Tis surely magical.

Yesterday I worked out in the gym for over an hour. Mostly weight lifting but I did do some kettle bell which got my heart rate up. Also ran up 4 flights of stairs several times.

Tonight we are going to a luau and hula show at the Polynesian Disney Resort. Should be fun. I have heard the amount of food they give you is way over the top. Gonna try to stay with the protein. I hope. I hope! Fingers crossed. !

Sounds like you are having a blast! Keep up the good work!! Must be hella hard to stay on a diet on vacation!
Old 01-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #394
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Yam- well done!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #395
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mschaefer34
Stats: 220/203/185
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 1/10/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I want to reply to all of these messages...but I'm about to go out the door for a special event.

I am starting to hate myself because I can't get control of my appetite for more than a week and my clothes are getting tight.

I may have to get my little green Stillmans book out and get a good kick in the pants from the good doctor.

What is wrong with me????!?!?!?! When I start eating there is no "I feel full" ... or "I feel satisfied"

You all carry on you are doing great... I've got to get a hold of this....
Hi Becky -- hang in there. I get that weird "can't-get-full-no-matter-what-I-eat" thing about once per month, usually on the weekends. It's bizarre, scary & a little sad, all at once. For me, the normal calorie goal goes way out the window (perhaps by breakfast), and the binge of gluttony continues for a day or two. This is not a "cheat meal" or even a "cheat day" -- this is a blowout of 10,000 calories per day or so (yikes). Being "full" is not even a restriction, being "queasy from overeating" is the ultimate feeling or sensation. My food choices are, of course, almost all carbs.

Not sure why, but it almost always ends on a Sunday. Monday morning, my mind is back on track -- normal routine -- cardio, weight lifting, and calorie deficit. If I could manage these goofy episodes, I'd be at my goal weight already (likely long ago).

Anyway, you are certainly not alone, and you will certainly bounce back. One thing that helps me is to watch the YouTube video called "BBC Story on Low Carb Dieting." It is 5 parts, each about 10 minutes, so I usually watch while doing cardio (you can kill an hour of cardio watching this thing). It is stuff we all know, but goes into some interesting studies trying to find out why low carb diets work so well. They end up concluding that it is the high-protein aspect of the diet that reduces the appetite. That video ultimately lead me to Stillman's -- the low fat version of the Atkins-style high protein diet. For some reason, watching the video gets me back on track and focused on proper food choices.

We're rooting for you.
Mike

And yes, for those that inquired, that's me in the avatar photo, with my dog, Nacho.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

I'm hungry. Just sayin
Old 01-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #397
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Yay for staying on course Yam!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #398
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I think everyone is a little damaged, its part of being human, if we weren't damaged and if life was easy, what would be the point? How would we appreciate what was good without the bad?
Well said!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #399
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
down another 2.4 pounds today even with the entire pound of extra lean ground beef I consumed yesterday, lol. so 4.4 in 2 days of my restart. Please body, PLEASE keep this up!!!!!!! I am actually excited to be back on plan. I forgot how lovely it is to see the scale go down.

Kids have been dropped off at school, now it's time to eat some eggs.
Actually I think ground beef is a winder food-maybe!!! Al used to eat lbs of it and would drop weight like crazy!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #400
Big Yapper!!!!

Al- we miss you, BTW.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #401
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
I challenge u to unwrap the Santa and take it to the parking lot and step on it!
Bad Santa!!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:21 AM   #402
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats on the new grandbaby Christine!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #403
Big Yapper!!!!

Mike--I love that BBC programme too-I have it in my favourites!! We all have had thise kinds of binges--but you're right, all you can do is start back to low carb the next day.
Loooooove your avi BTW!!! Please stay--we need some 2-legged meat!!! He!!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

I wanna know the status of the santa. I think I laid in bed and thought about the ewwy gooey goodness of that thing for at least 15 minutes last night. I'll feel better if I know he's dead and gone.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Or give it to a coworker and ask them to eat it in front of you while telling you how delicious it is! I make the girl who sits next to me do that all the time haha, I always feel like I am doing something dirty haha like describe it to me, is it delicious? whats the texture like?
OMG you beeeeotch freakin' hilarious!
Quote:
Lol mar!! I "feed" my kids all the time. Last night at midnight I was SURE my hubby needed to eat a pb sandwich. And he did. And I smelled his breath. Lol

Quote:
Hi All!

supergirl rockin' it big time!

luau should be easy, no? It's just a giant fire roasted pig.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaefer34 View Post
Hi
One thing that helps me is to watch the YouTube video called "BBC Story on Low Carb Dieting." It is 5 parts, each about 10 minutes, so I usually watch while doing cardio (you can kill an hour of cardio watching this thing). It is stuff we all know, but goes into some interesting studies trying to find out why low carb diets work so well. They end up concluding that it is the high-protein aspect of the diet that reduces the appetite. That video ultimately lead me to Stillman's -- the low fat version of the Atkins-style high protein diet. For some reason, watching the video gets me back on track and focused on proper food choices.

We're rooting for you.
Mike

And yes, for those that inquired, that's me in the avatar photo, with my dog, Nacho.
thanks for the tip Mikey.........you and Nacho are cuties!
Quote:
I'm hungry. Just sayin
Laugh: no harm in that, eat up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Actually I think ground beef is a winder food-maybe!!! Al used to eat lbs of it and would drop weight like crazy!!!
might that be 'wonder' GT?

stupid auto spell checking piece of shut fone
Quote:
I wanna know the status of the santa. I think I laid in bed and thought about the ewwy gooey goodness of that thing for at least 15 minutes last night. I'll feel better if I know he's dead and gone.
die Santa, die a horrible death stuck to someone else's thighs!

welll folks, the mayhem is over.

2:30A power out, check.

2:32 bump into dresser trying to get to kitchen, check.

2:35 grab LED flashlight on top of fridge, check.
light tea lights in mason jars and put into sink to be safe, check.

2:45 peer outside, no trees down near house, barn still standing, check.

2:50 DH awake, state time of outage, DH asleep, Check. Go back to bed. Check.

7:00A wake with some daylight, DH curse, swear, starts generator, check.

9:00A have coffee, DH off to work, peace and calm return, Check.

9:45 power back on
Old 01-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

CC glad you made it through the storm and didn't have a midnight snack while you were up lighting tea lights!

Im jealous that your at home, alone, drinking coffee while I'm stuck at the office trolling the boards (did I just say that? i mean, working hard)
Old 01-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah, home alone running my online salvage yard trying to keep afloat.......a double edged sword, you never 'leave' the office....

winds still howling gusts to 30MPH, it sounds like freight trains are running by.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also folks, I know that most of y'all are not fans of cottage cheese...but I made my first crustless quiche and I hate to admit......

it's outrageously delish!!!!!!!! The cottage cheese gets nice and dreamy, er, creamy......
Old 01-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Also folks, I know that most of y'all are not fans of cottage cheese...but I made my first crustless quiche and I hate to admit......

it's outrageously delish!!!!!!!! The cottage cheese gets nice and dreamy, er, creamy......
Recipe please
Old 01-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #410
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

I want the recipe!!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #411
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaefer34 View Post
Hi Becky -- hang in there. I get that weird "can't-get-full-no-matter-what-I-eat" thing about once per month, usually on the weekends. It's bizarre, scary & a little sad, all at once. For me, the normal calorie goal goes way out the window (perhaps by breakfast), and the binge of gluttony continues for a day or two. This is not a "cheat meal" or even a "cheat day" -- this is a blowout of 10,000 calories per day or so (yikes). Being "full" is not even a restriction, being "queasy from overeating" is the ultimate feeling or sensation. My food choices are, of course, almost all carbs.

Not sure why, but it almost always ends on a Sunday. Monday morning, my mind is back on track -- normal routine -- cardio, weight lifting, and calorie deficit. If I could manage these goofy episodes, I'd be at my goal weight already (likely long ago).

Anyway, you are certainly not alone, and you will certainly bounce back. One thing that helps me is to watch the YouTube video called "BBC Story on Low Carb Dieting." It is 5 parts, each about 10 minutes, so I usually watch while doing cardio (you can kill an hour of cardio watching this thing). It is stuff we all know, but goes into some interesting studies trying to find out why low carb diets work so well. They end up concluding that it is the high-protein aspect of the diet that reduces the appetite. That video ultimately lead me to Stillman's -- the low fat version of the Atkins-style high protein diet. For some reason, watching the video gets me back on track and focused on proper food choices.

We're rooting for you.
Mike

save!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #412
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I "pigged" out @ the luau.

Actually, they brought huge platters of food for each couple to share. So we were able to just shovel it onto our plates! There were 3 half chickens, roasted! Yum. I ate one of them. There was a humongous pile of beef ribs. I ate one of those. And tons and tons of fried rice and the best fresh steamed brocolli I have ever tasted. I had a small spoon of rice, 3 big pieces of brocolli, 2 glasses of chardonnay and then...

They brought this chocolate raspberry volcano desert. Was only going to take a bite..... but you know how that goes...

Was watching the fire dancer and just shoveling in the chocolate dessert mindlessly. I've decided it was worth it and now I'll get back on plan.

Scale up 1.2 this morning. To be expected.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Recipe please
Cindy Francis's Crustless Quiche

Ingredients

5 eggs
8 ounce(s) low-fat cottage cheese
2 ounce(s) shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
optional, I did not use-10 ounce(s) package frozen spinach or chopped broccoli, cooked according to package directions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2.In a medium bowl whisk eggs.
3.Mist a 6-inch pie dish or oven proof skillet (I used my cast iron) with nonfat cooking spray. Pour the mixture into the pie dish.
4. Dot tablespoons of the cottage cheese around the pan of egg mixture.
5. Top with the shredded cheddar.
6. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set and top is puffy and starts to brown.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yam, I would have gone for gold at the luau, I've never been to one and my prospects look bleak, unless one of my neighbour's pigs escape the pen again........ but I doubt if I could dig the pit fast enough and Lord knows I couldn't bear to do the poor thing in.

So remember your luau with delight!

True story-

Years ago our neighbor's pig really DID escape and into the barn he wandered.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
He sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window he flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.
When what to his wondering eyes should appear,
A four hundred pound, seven foot hog, it was clear.
Himself ran down the house with a whip in his might,
And said 'Be careful, they're mean and they bite.'
So in my duster and whip ventured out in the night.
He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself!
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.
Snorting and snuffling and squeaking he said
He lay on the grass as if it were his bed.
With beautiful blond hair that was soft and curly
I stroked his great side as he lay sweetly and surly
As himself came a running with the neighbor in tow
The laughter increased into a raucous loud row.
We waved and we laughed as they went out of sight
and that tales of mean pigs were man's unjust fright.

Last edited by CCGirl; 01-18-2012 at 11:35 AM..
Old 01-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

he was like a big ol' kitty, he was, laying there snorting as if he were purring.......
Old 01-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #416
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
[quote/]And yes, for those that inquired, that's me in the avatar photo, with my dog, Nacho.[/quote]

Lol, oh my. The couple times I saw your photo I assumed it was a baby! I have perfect eyesight, I swear! I guess since I am a mommy I assumed it was a kid, who knows...

Last edited by mrb76; 01-18-2012 at 01:28 PM..
Old 01-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #417
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Hello friends! I hit the floor running this morning and am just now home and relaxing and thinking about what I want to eat. (On plan, of course!)

Yam, I'm glad you enjoyed the dessert. And that you can take it in stride and get back to the program!

CC: I'm going to try the quiche - I haven't made one with cottage cheese before!

GT - are you back to the old routine? Are you still working two jobs?

Ok, time to hunt and gather in the kitchen. Tomorrow is weigh in!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ratty29
Stats: 218/207/138 - 5ft 1"
WOE: Judddd since
Start Date: 3/17/2012
Quote:
They brought this chocolate raspberry volcano desert. :
I am actually dribbling......nom nom

Glad you enjoyed the cake, your such a gym queen those water lbs will be off in no time

Fingers crossed your scales will be super kind to you tomorrow mim
Old 01-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Mim I always look forward to your weigh ins. I WISH I could wait like you. I just can't do it!!
Old 01-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dunno, Mim, so many of you don't like the cottage cgeese. Me, I scarf it down.

Article on the news this evening, some gov group posting billboards in our area blaming cheese for obesity.........ugh, the idiots, of course they are vegans, and a doctor spokesperson mo less.......

NY billboards link obesity with cheese in school - WSJ.com

Billboards blame cheese for obesity rates News

Closed Thread