Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #361
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I need some shrimp ideas I am getting bored with just plain shrimp (already, its bad I know haha) I usually do it with soy sauce a bit of pb and spme hot sauce and serve it with shiritaki noodles, but what are other ways I can make it, maybe a sugar free teriyaki? what else?
No idea about shrimp but I just wanted to jump up and down with YAY YAY YAY for your weigh in. I am so happy it was a great number!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #362
Junior LCF Member

ok, so I am back on Stillman, Day 2. And I am starving to death. It is 3:12 pm here and already I have eaten 3 eggs, 1 salmon filet, about 6oz of very lean ground beef and a ton of crystal light. Hopefully this extreme hunger goes away soon!!

Also, I am doing strict meat and eggs. Any snack ideas? Also, what does peanut butter do to Stillmans? How about fake liquid sugar with ZERO carbs? I have this yummy egg custard thing I bake with 5 eggs, water, cinnamon, maple extract, and fake liquid sugar. Just wondering if it's bad for my losing.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #363
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
ok, so I am back on Stillman, Day 2. And I am starving to death. It is 3:12 pm here and already I have eaten 3 eggs, 1 salmon filet, about 6oz of very lean ground beef and a ton of crystal light. Hopefully this extreme hunger goes away soon!!

Also, I am doing strict meat and eggs. Any snack ideas? Also, what does peanut butter do to Stillmans? How about fake liquid sugar with ZERO carbs? I have this yummy egg custard thing I bake with 5 eggs, water, cinnamon, maple extract, and fake liquid sugar. Just wondering if it's bad for my losing.
Eat more on plan food if you are hungry! Stay away from the pb - it has carbs and often leads to the off plan road. Most of us are not stalled by fake sugar - you will have to pay attention to your weight loss to determine if it affects it.

Congratulations on day 2!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:

Maybe you need to eat more? Don't be affraid to throw a chicken breast or extra can of tuna in there, I packed an extra can of tuna today and I am happy I did because I needed it at about 330, I know when on still your appetite decreases like crazy but for myself I always find the first week I need to pack extra food because my body is still adjusting but after that I can eat 2 chicken breasts in a day and be fine!

I snack on cottage cheese and PB doesn't stall me if I stop at 1 TBSP in a recipe or something, my problem, as anyone who knows me can tell you is that I live off PB I can eat half a jar in 1 sitting, ok a full jar ....

As for the sugar free stuff I have never had a problem for it stalling me but everyone is different I say give it a try and if it stalls you them you know, now that being said if you eay 5 of those custards you may stall and you can't blame the sugar free stuff for that haha, Like when I eat an entire tun of cottage cheese thats not the cottage cheese that stalls me its my portion, I will have to try your custard though, i just have to make sure I only have 1 haha
Old 01-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
If ur hungry child, EAT! Eat meat. Ur much more Likely to be successful if ur nit hungry. Stillman says to have 6 smaller meals a day and eat till ur comfortable. He never intended us to go hungry.

*swallows her 4th grilled chicken tender*
Old 01-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, and for ME I'd stay away from the pb and custard. Personally, I'd stick to plan. I think that these "concoctions" cause cravings and stalls. Jmo.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #367
Junior LCF Member

lol, ok, you are right, the concoctions do cause cravings I suppose. my mom tells me that too. and i don't eat pb or cottage cheese or anything, i was just wondering. i found out early on that cottage cheese prevents weight loss for me *sigh*. and i though maybe pb would be good if i was craving a treat....
Old 01-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I did not know til now there were so many of us in this boat. My stepmom was the first to convince me I was a hideous atrocity. I couldn't appreciate how pretty I used to be until just lately. I have even started to let my picture be taken, and if I ever get a good figure back, I won't take it for granted!

I am ready to celebrate LIFE. Ready to celebrate who I am today!! I'll be skinnier tomorrow, but I am ok with the decent, caring human being who takes care of herself today!

My mother in law and my stepmom have no power over me unless I give it to them. They have held it too long as it is, I'm taking it BACK!!
I love empowerment!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I tried lactose free milk in my coffee this morning its not bad! and i think its roughly the same amount of carbs as my cream so thats good too and seeing I am a little lactose intolerant this should help some of my tummy issues!

Its the little things that excite me, folks haha

Quote:
I always used cream and lost well before, I am just having so many tummy issues that I am trying to cut certain things out to see what is causing them, I have a feeling its dairy

I use the Lactaid brand

Although, I am wondering if its lasctose free and the lactose is the milk sugar, where is the sugar coming from that is listed on the nutritional stats?
I'd switch but I can't find organic lac free anywhere...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Eat more on plan food if you are hungry! Stay away from the pb - it has carbs and often leads to the off plan road. Most of us are not stalled by fake sugar - you will have to pay attention to your weight loss to determine if it affects it.

Congratulations on day 2!
yep, what she said......PB is verboten, it's a legume.......
Old 01-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
lol, ok, you are right, the concoctions do cause cravings I suppose. my mom tells me that too. and i don't eat pb or cottage cheese or anything, i was just wondering. i found out early on that cottage cheese prevents weight loss for me *sigh*. and i though maybe pb would be good if i was craving a treat....
Sorry sweetie! I know that if someone tells me something is okay, then I justify eating it then spend the next day complaining and wondering why I'm up on the scale bc "amgarrett616 SAID it was okay so it IS!". Hahahaha. The great news is that if you keep it clean and can make it thro the first few days you won't have the crazy evil cravings!
Old 01-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh I ate way too much for dinner! I did not follow dr stillmans advice to eat until satisfied not full although at this point I am just happy to be sticking to plan so if it means slower loss for the first few days so be it, this morning I was bouncing between 149.8 and 150.2 so hopefully after today I will be back in the 140's and after that the 130's, is it possible, I had never weigd in the 140's in my adult life and I am pretty sure the last time i weighed 135 I was 16, I wasn't fat but I wasn't skinny either, I don't know if its even possible for me to weigh in the 130's maybe my body is just meant to be chubby?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

How many days have u been on plan strictly mar? For me, around day 5 I started feeling like I NEEDED more food. I was dizzy and my vision was blurry. A meat binge made all the difference and I still lost!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ugh I ate way too much for dinner! I did not follow dr stillmans advice to eat until satisfied not full although at this point I am just happy to be sticking to plan so if it means slower loss for the first few days so be it, this morning I was bouncing between 149.8 and 150.2 so hopefully after today I will be back in the 140's and after that the 130's, is it possible, I had never weigd in the 140's in my adult life and I am pretty sure the last time i weighed 135 I was 16, I wasn't fat but I wasn't skinny either, I don't know if its even possible for me to weigh in the 130's maybe my body is just meant to be chubby?
I used that one for years........I'll never be petite.....that was before LC. Now there's nothing to prevent you from being thin because you know the secret of LC. There were no fat cavegirls. Don't go there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
How many days have u been on plan strictly mar? For me, around day 5 I started feeling like I NEEDED more food. I was dizzy and my vision was blurry. A meat binge made all the difference and I still lost!
(sound of broken record) you need your vitamins until your body adkusts. It takes about a year. Potassium for the dizzies. And don't be afraid to eat. Calories don't matter anymore.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have been strictly on plan for just 2 days but for me its the first 2-5 days that I am the hungriest and it tapers out I think its my body getting used to having less food and I also like to think I feel so hungry because my body is burning off the last of the stored carbs but we all tell our selves what we believe to stay on plan haha

I had a salt overdose today I think to stay on plan I should probably not weigh myself til Friday, that will be almost impossible but I will try haha, I have to weigh myself daily or sometimes twice a day

Last edited by Mar922; 01-16-2012 at 06:48 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I used that one for years........I'll never be petite.....that was before LC. Now there's nothing to prevent you from being thin because you know the secret of LC. There were no fat cavegirls. Don't go there.
Yeah I think its because my Mom always tells me how I am big I am, she is tiny I am small to medium but by no means "big" but its back to the past convos of you always believe what you heard when you were younger, when i was about 15 or 16 I remember my mom telling me I would never be smaller than a size 8, well guess what size I could never get past once I hit it? yep an 8 and its not cuz I can't be smaller than that its because I couldn't get past it mentally, mind you I do have a couple 6's in my closet and as exciting as they are I know they are 6's that are actually the exact same size as my 8's but I still flaunted them to my Mom haha

My Mom is awesome and super supportive in every other way she just has her own body issues and I guess they pass to me, she weighed 112 pounds after giving birth to me and so now at 135 she thinks she's big and constantly says so but I have seen pics of her when she weighed 112 and less and she looks gross! she is too skinny like there is a difference between a healthy 112 and a too skinny 112 my mom was the too skinny one but she was naturally like that, the woman has never dieted in her life its frustrating trying to get her to understand some of this stuff because of that.

ok Rant done!

Last edited by Mar922; 01-16-2012 at 06:46 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have been strictly on plan for just 2 days but for me its the first 2-5 days that I am the hungriest and it tapers out I think its my body getting used to having less food and I also like to think I feel so hungry because my body is burning off the last of the stored carbs but we all tell our selves what we believe to stay on plan haha
you needn't get used to less food, it's just different food. So eat! seriously! Have to get over the fear of the eating too much! There is no such thing!
Quote:
Yeah I think its because my Mom always tells me how I am big I am, she is tiny I am small to medium but by no means "big" but its back to the past convos of you always believe what you heard when you were younger, when i was about 15 or 16 I remember my mom telling me I would never be smaller than a size 8, well guess what size I could never get past once I hit it? yep an 8 and its not cuz I can't be smaller than that its because I couldn't get past it mentally, mind you I do have a couple 6's in my closet and as exciting as they are I know they are 6's that are actually the exact same size as my 8's but I still flaunted them to my Mom haha
aaaahhhhhhh here we go back to the memories of what was........

at some point you have to let go and realize that your folks are not perfect and they do the best they can. Sometimes that isn't much to work with but it's all they have..........
Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mar please don't take this as condescending, I'm just as damaged as the next chub, I've just begun to learn to see it for the crap it really is.........
Old 01-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
you needn't get used to less food, it's just different food. So eat! seriously! Have to get over the fear of the eating too much! There is no such thing!

aaaahhhhhhh here we go back to the memories of what was........

at some point you have to let go and realize that your folks are not perfect and they do the best they can. Sometimes that isn't much to work with but it's all they have..........
Oh don't worry I eat, as long as its meat it gets tossed back! haha

My mom is good with everything else so I can deal with the body image issue I guess haha
Old 01-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mar please don't take this as condescending, I'm just as damaged as the next chub, I've just begun to learn to see it for the crap it really is.........
I think everyone is a little damaged, its part of being human, if we weren't damaged and if life was easy, what would be the point? How would we appreciate what was good without the bad?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:05 AM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think everyone is a little damaged, its part of being human, if we weren't damaged and if life was easy, what would be the point? How would we appreciate what was good without the bad?

bring on the dysfunction! we can handle it!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #381
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning friends! I'm still sitting around drinking coffee. It is a dreary morning and I have the3 yo who is busy having a tea party! Life is good. I'm on plan and feeling strong. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #382
Junior LCF Member

down another 2.4 pounds today even with the entire pound of extra lean ground beef I consumed yesterday, lol. so 4.4 in 2 days of my restart. Please body, PLEASE keep this up!!!!!!! I am actually excited to be back on plan. I forgot how lovely it is to see the scale go down.

Kids have been dropped off at school, now it's time to eat some eggs.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ratty29
Stats: 218/207/138 - 5ft 1"
WOE: Judddd since
Start Date: 3/17/2012
awesome loss mrb
Old 01-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Great job on the restarts ladies! Good luck! And wow B!!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #385
Junior LCF Member

I really need to start my exercise routine again. I hooked up my wii fit, I used to do 45 minutes of it a day until I got lazy. Plus my son and I used to take long walks every night but it's so cold out!! Right now all the exercise I get is walking to pick up my kids from school which is literally 5 minutes away. Hardly a workout.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning friends! I'm still sitting around drinking coffee. It is a dreary morning and I have the3 yo who is busy having a tea party! Life is good. I'm on plan and feeling strong. I hope everyone has a great day!
Thank you for that image! Tea party with a 3 year old!

MRB: I'm starving too!! There's a marshmallow santa in my desk drawer calling to me. I had my canned chicken, which tasted way too salty, and still hungry!! I think it IS true that hunger is just a sign of burning calories. In the past, I've lost most on the days when the cravings and hunger are the highest. Hang in there.

Who asked about shrimp? I cook it, chill it, and make a tiny tiny bit of seafood sauce with horseradish and low-carb catsup. The horseradish helps speed up the metabolism to burn off the 2 carbs that are in the catsup, which is mitigated by the high protein of the shrimp. (That's my theory, and it hasn't stalled me yet) But be very careful to resist the temptation to make a half cup of sauce and then drown the shrimp in it.

It does end up being a nice low carb low fat treat!

Come to think of it, I'm due for some!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

discoing while doing laundry sounds like a great day is being had by all!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

I challenge u to unwrap the Santa and take it to the parking lot and step on it!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I challenge u to unwrap the Santa and take it to the parking lot and step on it!
Or give it to a coworker and ask them to eat it in front of you while telling you how delicious it is! I make the girl who sits next to me do that all the time haha, I always feel like I am doing something dirty haha like describe it to me, is it delicious? whats the texture like?
Old 01-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Lol mar!! I "feed" my kids all the time. Last night at midnight I was SURE my hubby needed to eat a pb sandwich. And he did. And I smelled his breath. Lol
Closed Thread