Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
updating my spare laptop so my aunt can take it to Daytona.........takes foreeeeeeeeeeever...........

She is a stuck in the Windows 98 gal so I can just hear the screaming inside the motorhome from the infield of the racetrack.........

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #272
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb76 View Post
remember me guys?

I went MIA during the holidays and I am so ashamed. I have literally gained so much weight back that all my jeans no longer fit. The entire month of December I ate carbs like crazy. Then I fully intended to go back to Stillmans this month but we moved and my motivation got lost in a box somewhere. I feel disgusting. I am terrified to weigh myself. I start school again first week of Feb and I'll look like a cow. Oh God help! lol

Big !!! Gosh! Who hasn't been there?? We all have. Think I told you peeps about my melt down on August 1st. From Jan-April I had lost a measly 10 pounds from my 230 high point. In May, went to Pennsylvania for a week long family reunion. So much food!!! So many, many carbs! Wonderful cooks in my family, but not a figure friendly morsel in sight! Came home, got back on the wagon.

My dear brother got very sick and was hospitalized weeks later. I returned to PA in June for another week. More food. No exercise. Got to spend time with my brother in the hospital and he seemed to be taking a turn for the better.

Came back to California. Tried climbing back up in the wagon because it had run over me and I was having a hard time making it. My dear brother took a swift turn for the worse and passed away.

One more time I returned to PA for the funeral and stayed for 2 weeks this time. His funeral was on the day of my birthday. We were 10 siblings and now we are 9. Knew something was going wrong with another sister. She was diagnosed with Alzehermer's and did not recognize me. All we did for 2 weeks was sit around and cry and reminisce and eat, and cry, and the neighbors and church friends would bring more yummy food and we would eat.......Is this too hard to follow and too long? Sorry!

Got home first week in July and then spent a week In Oceanside with one of my sisters, bunches of her kids and grandies because one of her grandson's married a CA girl. My niece her hubby and 3 kids plus 2 of another sister's teen came to my house for a week. I cooked and baked and BBQ'd and we ate and ate and ate.

Finally on August 1st in the morning all that was over and I finally got on the scale. I had gained back 9 of 10 pounds it took me so long to lose on a "healthy" eating plan.

Honestly, I cried my eyes out for over an hour. And, I blubbered out all my miserable feelings to DH and he just listened and nodded his head. Then, I picked up my resolve. I started back on LC that day. Now I'm down 31 and went from the tight size 18 jeans I was wearing that day to now being in a nice comfy fitting size 12.

JUST START, DON"T STOP, DON'T WALLOW TOO LONG (a little over an hour is about right and will do the trick!). AFTER THAT, KEEP GOING AND EVERY TIME YOU TRIP AND FALL, GET BACK UP AND KEEP GOING SOME MORE. And, ask for help and encouragement and (hi Mar) a KICK in the butt when you need one!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

[QUOTE=Getting there!!!;15325137]OMG you hot thing you!!!!,![/QUOTE

Old 01-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #274
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
holy crap Yam you look like a Kardashian........in a good way!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #275
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrb76
Stats: 280/251/175
WOE: VSG/lowcarb
Start Date: 11/2/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I know exactly how you feel! the only way to get back to where we were was to get back on the wagon.
oh my. so i went to the mall and saw myself in those big mirrors. i KNEW it was bad at that moment so as soon as i got home i weighed myself. 10 pounds MORE than when I started!!!! I am fatter than I have been in a looooong time.
I will not lie - I have a family lunch planned for tomorrow in which I am making chicken enchiladas. After that meal I am going 100% hardcore Stillmans and weighing myself daily.

And I saw your fat pants post! I am wearing my fat jeans and even they are too tight!

See you on the wagon! =P
Old 01-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
oh my. so i went to the mall and saw myself in those big mirrors. i KNEW it was bad at that moment so as soon as i got home i weighed myself. 10 pounds MORE than when I started!!!! I am fatter than I have been in a looooong time.
I will not lie - I have a family lunch planned for tomorrow in which I am making chicken enchiladas. After that meal I am going 100% hardcore Stillmans and weighing myself daily.

And I saw your fat pants post! I am wearing my fat jeans and even they are too tight!

See you on the wagon! =P
I will be jumping back on the wagon on Sunday! I have a girls night tomorrow and as much as I would like to say I could be good the I know I wont be haha

So sunday I will be back to weighing myself daily and premaking all my food, I think thats where I fall off the wagon I think oh I only work 5 hours today I don't need to eat and b the end of my shift I am ravenous and end up stopping for something bad on my way home
Old 01-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I like the current one! ar, any chance of you wearing contacts? You look fab in the specs but they hide you so.........and that beautiful smile....wow!
Thanks I almost always wear my glasses, maybe one day I will get contacts but I don't know
Old 01-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #278
Blabbermouth!!!

Just popping in to say bye for a while. Getting up and out the door @ 4 a.m. for a 2 hr. drive to airport and then cross country flight to Florida. Taking hard boiled eggs on the plane with me!

will check in when I get a chance.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #279
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mschaefer34
Stats: 220/203/185
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 1/10/12
Thanks for all the pointers on Stillman/Dukan Diets, Yam-Yam. I'll check it all out.

I'm always willing to try new low (or zero) calorie/carb foods... shirataki noodles, Walden Farms syrups & dressings, and now my next mission is to locate surimi. Sometimes it's a bit like "Fear Factor" with these new foods though!

As for me, I'm closing in on 200 -- weighed in at 200.5 this afternoon. Weekends have always been my downfall with food choices going toward junky stuff, but will keep the Stillman's going this time. Hooray!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mike
Old 01-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I will be jumping back on the wagon on Sunday! I have a girls night tomorrow and as much as I would like to say I could be good the I know I wont be haha

So sunday I will be back to weighing myself daily and premaking all my food, I think thats where I fall off the wagon I think oh I only work 5 hours today I don't need to eat and b the end of my shift I am ravenous and end up stopping for something bad on my way home
Now there's a statement all can learn from.

Realize there is an occasion where you won't be strict and be at peace with it. Today is all we may have so sieze it. No regrets.

Have a gr8 time, girl!
Quote:
Thanks I almost always wear my glasses, maybe one day I will get contacts but I don't know
just sayin'..........you're gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Just popping in to say bye for a while. Getting up and out the door @ 4 a.m. for a 2 hr. drive to airport and then cross country flight to Florida. Taking hard boiled eggs on the plane with me!

will check in when I get a chance.
safe travel Yam
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaefer34 View Post
Thanks for all the pointers on Stillman/Dukan Diets, Yam-Yam. I'll check it all out.

I'm always willing to try new low (or zero) calorie/carb foods... shirataki noodles, Walden Farms syrups & dressings, and now my next mission is to locate surimi. Sometimes it's a bit like "Fear Factor" with these new foods though!

As for me, I'm closing in on 200 -- weighed in at 200.5 this afternoon. Weekends have always been my downfall with food choices going toward junky stuff, but will keep the Stillman's going this time. Hooray!

Onederland Monday go Mike!!!!!!!!!

getting ready to go foraging in the great metropolis. What to wear with a high of 24F a down comforter?

Have a great weekend all, CYA later........
Old 01-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh anyone following the football this weekend?
Old 01-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
@mrb76 We have all been there! I looked at my LoseIt app Jan 1 and saw that I was 10 lbs up from my start weight. Disgusted? Yes. A little of that is part of the process of resolving to get to a new, thinner, healthier person. After that step, only the future is ahead! Post your real stats, starting weight, and get losing! You are now fully motivated to do it!

As Pumbaa says: "Put your behind in the past."

Yam-Yam: Thank you for sharing a piece of your journey! So sad for you and your family. We have had some moments (months) like that in our family. The way I look at it, it is all part of the bigger picture of the challenges we have that cannot be controlled by us, and we just get through them the best we can and move on with our weight loss and general healing. Your story is so inspirational that you overcame the gains that were inevitable!!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #283
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Mike--is that a picture of you? You don't need to lose an ounce!!......and very handsome might I add!!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Arkansas --aka too far away from where I'd like to be ;)
Gallery: Amgarrett616
Stats: 228/193.0/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/06/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Mike--is that a picture of you? You don't need to lose an ounce!!......and very handsome might I add!!
Ditto mike! What's up???
Old 01-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #285
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
That's my new winter coat!! I seriously look like the Michelin woman--but it is soooooo warm--it is actually like a duvert, and when you take it off the coat is warm! I actually boil when I go into shops! I was fed up being so unbelievably cold last winter! I swore I'd never buy a padded coat!
Hnm it's from the children's department-age 13-14. But I thought it was sooo cute!!
Girl's navy and pink spotted padded coat - Coats - Coats & jackets - Kids -
Old 01-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #286
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good afternoon! I really appreciate hearing everyone's stories. It is a reminder that I am not alone in my struggle. I was seeing a therapist years ago and she had me bring in pictures of myself as a young person. When I pulled the pictures out, I was shocked to see that I was not fat! Ahhh yes, I was told I was fat from an early year. But this is now and that was then and I'm going to let go of the hurts and the fat!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #287
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I woke up this morning feeling yucky - a bit dizzy and nauseous. I ate some cauliflower with lunch - I figure a few carbs might see me through. I have a deer roast cooking for dinner. I'm looking forward to it! I've fixed it a new way - new to me, so hopefully it will be yummy!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #288
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Just for the record, I haven't changed my stats yet. I'm just not ready to to that!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #289
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

GT - cute coat!
Old 01-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ratty29
Stats: 218/207/138 - 5ft 1"
WOE: Judddd since
Start Date: 3/17/2012
Quote:
Sad how the scars never heal........until Stills and you guys, now I'm back with a vengeance!!!!!
Yeah go CCGirl. love everyone here, couldn't have made it through this week without you all

Quote:
Ratty:

I've been post stalking you every day since you started the Eat, Weigh, Post thread. wow! Every day you drop, drop, drop! Like, -10 in 4 days? You are a fast loser. Congrats!

I'm not really kickin' it right now with the eating. I don't lose fast usually and that's why I was so pumped when I first tried Dukan and dropped the first 14 in 10 days. That was amazing for my body.

I'm heading to Florida tomorrow and gonna be there a week. I will stick with lots of protein and generally LC. But I'm not gonna suffer! Got a lot of social events, luncheons, dinners to attend. There will be wine involved! but, I'm gonna take advantage of the great fitness center at the hotel. And the pool. And I'm gonna go on some great walks that will involve shopping.
Thanks Yam Yam. You are doing fabulous. Have an amazing time, I am very jealous. I love the sound of "shopping walks" that would definately encourage me to exercise some more

Quote:
I think my body is in maintain mode or just resting at this 200 mark before getting ready for me to do a full attack and drop 5-10 more. Maintaining is good sometimes. I'm pretty happy with myself. I feel good. I feel fit. and my jeans are a comfy size 12. When I started Aug. 1st I wore a tight size 18. (largest size I've ever had to buy.) I've learned to be pretty kind and gentle with myself and that's a good place.
Such a great loss Yam , I can't wait for that smaller clothes moment

Quote:
Here's me a number of years ago. Maybe 20 more pounds and I'll be back to my old self!

Attachment 42395
OMG I want legs like that , you look amazing

Quote:
OK last set of pics

My Dogs never leave my side:

This is them cuddling in my office while I was working, I am renovating my office right now so thats why there is no flooring and I have to sit on the TV instead of a chair haha

If anyone remembers Daisy was the little puppy I got last January (the tan and black one) thats how big she is now at just over a year old!
Hey Mar, I just love your dogs. Can't wait until I can have my own.

Quote:
remember me guys?

I went MIA during the holidays and I am so ashamed. I have literally gained so much weight back that all my jeans no longer fit. The entire month of December I ate carbs like crazy. Then I fully intended to go back to Stillmans this month but we moved and my motivation got lost in a box somewhere. I feel disgusting. I am terrified to weigh myself. I start school again first week of Feb and I'll look like a cow. Oh God help! lol
Hey mrb, well done for coming back and facing the gain. with stills you can make a big dent in your loss by feb

Quote:
JUST START, DON"T STOP, DON'T WALLOW TOO LONG (a little over an hour is about right and will do the trick!). AFTER THAT, KEEP GOING AND EVERY TIME YOU TRIP AND FALL, GET BACK UP AND KEEP GOING SOME MORE. And, ask for help and encouragement and (hi Mar) a KICK in the butt when you need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaefer34 View Post

food factor! love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
@mrb76 As Pumbaa says: "Put your behind in the past."

Yam-Yam: Thank you for sharing a piece of your journey! So sad for you and your family. We have had some moments (months) like that in our family. The way I look at it, it is all part of the bigger picture of the challenges we have that cannot be controlled by us, and we just get through them the best we can and move on with our weight loss and general healing. Your story is so inspirational that you overcame the gains that were inevitable!!
My behind is so big at the moment it takes a few seconds to catch up with me...does that count as in the past?

Nicely said Smallerizing

Quote:
That's my new winter coat!! I seriously look like the Michelin woman--but it is soooooo warm--it is actually like a duvert, and when you take it off the coat is warm! I actually boil when I go into shops! I was fed up being so unbelievably cold last winter! I swore I'd never buy a padded coat!
Hnm it's from the children's department-age 13-14. But I thought it was sooo cute!!
Its soo cute, I love it. Just wish I could fit into 13-14 age clothes Your ticker is my inspiration GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I woke up this morning feeling yucky - a bit dizzy and nauseous. I ate some cauliflower with lunch - I figure a few carbs might see me through. I have a deer roast cooking for dinner. I'm looking forward to it! I've fixed it a new way - new to me, so hopefully it will be yummy!
Hi Mim....oooh I am drooling at the thought of Roast Deer, the food of gods
Old 01-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

I've been feeling light headed all day. Thankfully it's Saturday and I don't have to do anything! I am also having a serious craving for starburst or fruity candy. I won't eat it. Psh, I know I won't EAT it. That would be ludicrous!! But still it sucks to want it. My ketosticks are dark purple so idk where cravings are coming from.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ratty29
Stats: 218/207/138 - 5ft 1"
WOE: Judddd since
Start Date: 3/17/2012
AmG I am doing you a cheer from the UK.....

Say no to sweet and yes to meat

I soo need ketosticks....hello ebay
Old 01-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

I got mine at walmart by the diabetics stuff.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
I want to reply to all of these messages...but I'm about to go out the door for a special event.

I am starting to hate myself because I can't get control of my appetite for more than a week and my clothes are getting tight.

I may have to get my little green Stillmans book out and get a good kick in the pants from the good doctor.

What is wrong with me????!?!?!?! When I start eating there is no "I feel full" ... or "I feel satisfied"

You all carry on you are doing great... I've got to get a hold of this....
Old 01-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
@mrb76 We have all been there! I looked at my LoseIt app Jan 1 and saw that I was 10 lbs up from my start weight. Disgusted? Yes. A little of that is part of the process of resolving to get to a new, thinner, healthier person. After that step, only the future is ahead! Post your real stats, starting weight, and get losing! You are now fully motivated to do it!

As Pumbaa says: "Put your behind in the past."

Quote:
O thank God someone spit that out I want to roll him over and rub his belly, too no not the dawg
Quote:
LMAO a 5'6" toddler too cute GT, adorable! It doesn't look that puffy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good afternoon! I really appreciate hearing everyone's stories. It is a reminder that I am not alone in my struggle. I was seeing a therapist years ago and she had me bring in pictures of myself as a young person. When I pulled the pictures out, I was shocked to see that I was not fat! Ahhh yes, I was told I was fat from an early year. But this is now and that was then and I'm going to let go of the hurts and the fat!
sooo unreal, isn't it? wasted years....... I'm right there with ya, babe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgarrett616 View Post
I've been feeling light headed all day. Thankfully it's Saturday and I don't have to do anything! I am also having a serious craving for starburst or fruity candy. I won't eat it. Psh, I know I won't EAT it. That would be ludicrous!! But still it sucks to want it. My ketosticks are dark purple so idk where cravings are coming from.
girl, you are dehydrated! Better tie on that water bucket!
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I want to reply to all of these messages...but I'm about to go out the door for a special event.

I am starting to hate myself because I can't get control of my appetite for more than a week and my clothes are getting tight.

I may have to get my little green Stillmans book out and get a good kick in the pants from the good doctor.

What is wrong with me????!?!?!?! When I start eating there is no "I feel full" ... or "I feel satisfied"

whatcha been eatin' Beck? maybe yer not eatin' enough! what do I know help gang help
Old 01-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Ok my weight wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I weighed 151 this morning
Old 01-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

All right Mar!!!!!!!!! Way to go you!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Uh oh, it appears Jesus is not with the Broncos this evening..... Mim, Tebow needs you.......
Old 01-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #299
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post

Well, what I know is this: keep trying and stay with us, even of you are not on plan! We love you!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Idk how dehydration is possible drinking 120 oz a day, but maybe I should up it?!
Closed Thread