Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi All!

The celebrations continue here and won't be over until after New Year's Day. I was so, so good eating wise until Christmas day. All my strong resolve flew out the window. Now the carb cravings are back in the wake of mashed potatoes, gravy, apple pies, cookies, and oh, oh, oh, the chocolates. They keep calling my name...

Scale is up 3 pounds from where it was last Friday. I will get the control back! We all will for sure.

Just wanted to pop in and stay connected. Enjoyed reading all the posts!

CC: You continue to inspire!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
now on Dr. Oz, the ten minute miracle to weight loss..........such a quack..........
Old 12-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaammmm holidays are once a year, and one day there may not be as many smiling faces as this one. Treasure and cherish the moments, they will soon be gone.....
Old 12-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Yaaaaaaaaaammmm holidays are once a year, and one day there may not be as many smiling faces as this one. Treasure and cherish the moments, they will soon be gone.....
Wonderful words of wisdom CC!
Old 12-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Cc: You got that right! I'm spending every possible moment with my grand kids. They are so amazing. I'm 57 years old but feel like I'm a kid. They have me going up and down the tall slides, climbing on play gyms and monkey bars and playing tag! I'm lots lighter than I was last year and all my workouts have made me pretty fit. So, I can keep up with them. Their smiling faces make my world.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Amazingly, today has been a good LC day so far. I'm preparing baked salmon for dinner. There will be corn bread and rice for everyone else, but I'm sticking with the protein today. Really crossing my fingers for a drop on the scale tomorrow. Even a pound or two will make me feel more hopeful and motivated.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Wonderful words of wisdom CC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Cc: You got that right! I'm spending every possible moment with my grand kids. They are so amazing. I'm 57 years old but feel like I'm a kid. They have me going up and down the tall slides, climbing on play gyms and monkey bars and playing tag! I'm lots lighter than I was last year and all my workouts have made me pretty fit. So, I can keep up with them. Their smiling faces make my world.
what can I say? I guess Mrs. Claus has rubbed off on me.......andlife gets more precious as we get older and loved ones pass......

every one of my ebay aucions has the same closing line-

Life is too short not to have the vintage cool stuff, china, silver and glass that you love. Spoil your pets, kiss your kids, tell your signifigant other that you love them even in the moments that you don't. Call your Mom and Dad. I love you Mom!
Old 12-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

was doing well until those three truffles jumped into my mouth I got himself a three foot long box of chocolates.......kill me now......and I usually don't like the stuff that much
Old 12-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

this should warm you all up.........windy and gusts to 40MPH, tonight's low 9F.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

Brrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Bundle up and hug someone warm!!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #191
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Ok I'm venting!! I can't stick being at home any longer. I know that sounds so bad, really I do. I feel guilty for saying it, let alone writing it. I just feel as though every time I'm home I get sucked back into my old life. I know it's the Holidays, but it's like there's so much junk food in the house. Everyone gets up really late and goes to bed late( ok I always go late but I get up early!) Breakfast takes an age. All everyone does is eat. And the TV is literally on from 7 til bed. I just can't seem to get to workout. I know I sound like a total cow. I've eaten so much crap in the last week. And peeps when I eat crap, I really eat it. And then I throw it up. I look like crap and feel like crap. I really really hate doing it. Believe me, there is nothing like it to make you feel pathetic. The only way I can control it is by being extremely rigid with what I eat. I really really tried today to go back to Stills, did well but then we were in a restaurant and there was literally nothing on the menu--I mean that--and everyone was all like oh but it's Xmas and you can well afford to eat, so I gave in and had a bagel. Then I felt like a failure--blah, blah. I know I'm getting like a bee. I know I'm starting to snap at everyone. But I'm seriously going crazy. My Mum is driving me nuts. And when I do eat it's like oh it's great you're eating, eat up! I feel everyone is watching and knowing that I'm eating rubbish. It's like they enjoy it when I eat. I seriously don't want to be reminded of what I've eaten. and all the weightloss shows are being advertised on TV and mags are full of diets. And I just feel guilty as hell.
Ok my pity party is over!! I'm sorry I just had to whinge. I was about to burst.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 12-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

GT: Sweetie!!!! I know what you mean about how tough it is to be home. Last summer I went home to see my brother in hospital. I stayed a week and all we did was eat. After I left I started getting back to my good plan. Then my brother passed away and I went back for the funeral and stayed a week and a half. When I got back and finally stepped on the scale I had gained 10 pounds! I cried my eyes out for a whole day before I finally got my act together and jumped back on the wagon. Be of good cheer. Better days are ahead. You will be back in control of your environment. You know how to do this and you will. Don't spend another minute beating up on yourself. Go with the flow until you have your life back. We are all here to support you. You are our Bud!!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:04 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
GT- sweety I know where you're coming from. Ever since I came back home to the U.S and actually living with DH I just can't keep on track. When I was living alone overseas I was doing so well. I am starting to think there's something else I am trying to fill in with the comfort of food. Stay strong GT , we're here for ya
Old 12-29-2011, 06:01 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG I had a feeling..........the sabotage ship of food and family would sail on someone........the smothering feeling of being surrounded........don't know what to say to make you feel better, I know your transformation has come at a great cost of relationships...

I can't help but wonder if you are the slimmest then there is some sinister motivation behind seemingly good intentions.....
Old 12-29-2011, 06:05 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

on the flip side, my stepmonster said 'look how skinny she is' when I arrived in CT and my dad said 'she's lost a TON of weight'

which made me mad, like, crap it was only 35 pounds, geeeez...

at least my stepmonster's sister shot back 'she wasn't fat in the first place'........she last saw me about four years ago, I was about 180-185 then......
Old 12-29-2011, 06:08 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT, people fear change. It makes them uncomfortable because they think they can't and abhor someone who did. It kills me how families can be so undermining and unsupportive when we need them.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:10 AM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

waiting for it to 'warm' up a bit before turning out the horses...........it's stil 10F on the back porch..........
Old 12-29-2011, 06:26 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

maybe it should be renamed a slim negative environment..........this excerpt is from a site where overweights discuss guilt and feelings in social situations........

Surviving the Holidays in a Fat-Negative Environment
metrofats:

Last weekend, MetroFats held a very successful skills share around body-shaming during holiday visits with family. We discussed the following questions:

• What about holiday gatherings is hard for you? Is it just about body size, or is there other stuff too? What kinds of thoughts and feelings do the holidays provoke?
•How do we cope with body-shaming in the moment?
•How do we evaluate whether to set boundaries around body-shaming with family members?
•What can we do to take care of ourselves before and after a stressful event where implicit or explicit body-shaming is likely to occur?

Here are some ideas that we came up with:

•An excellent place to start is the Spending the Holidays With Your Family Fatcast by the marvelous Lesley Kinzel and Marianne Kirby. Lesley and Marianne suggest having a buddy to vent to via text message (or venting on Twitter), taking some time to hide in the bathroom when things get to be too much, and deploying the abrupt subject change (i.e. “Have you gained/lost weight?” “Nope. How’s your cat?”)
• Get some perspective: your family is doing their best, even if their best is terrible. Karen recommends this essay by Anne Lamott.
• Eat often! A glucose-depleted brain is a brain that has a hard time coping, and if you’re eating often you don’t really need to worry about eating the perfect thing, because you’ll eat again soon anyway.
• Hanne Blank’s Big Big Love has an excellent chapter on setting boundaries with your family.
• Use the Fatosphere to bolster your body-positivity before and after stressful family events. Here are some places to start:
Adipositivity

The Museum of Fat Love

**** Yeah, Visible Belly Outlines

**** Yeah, Trans Fats

**** Yeah, Chubby Couples

Fat People of Color

Deathfatties

Also see the links to introductory fat acceptance resources on our website!

• Perhaps nothing is more crucial than self-care before and after stressful events (whether or not they are family-related and/or involve body-shaming)! Here’s a list of self-care resources we compiled:
Epic Self-Care Post

Meditation podcasts at Meditation Groups Led by Jude Rozhon
The Woman’s Comfort Book by Jennifer Louden

The Fat Nutritionist

If you have a resource to suggest for one of these lists, feel free to email it to us at metrofats [at] gmail.com. We wish happy holidays to those who celebrate and look forward to seeing everyone in 2012!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

from the essay 'I wanted to love my mom because she did the best that she could do. But her best was terrible.'

Grace means suddenly you’re in a different universe than where you had been stuck, and there was absolutely no way for you to get there on your own. When it happens — when you stop hating — you really have to pinch yourself. Jesus said, “The point is not to hate and kill each other today.” Can you write that down, and put it by the phone?

Close.Anne Lamott is the bestselling author of seven novels, including "Blue Shoe," "Crooked Little Heart" and "Rosie," and five works of nonfiction including "Grace (Eventually)," "Bird By Bird" and "Operating Instructions." Her new novel, "Imperfect Birds," came out in paperback in April 2011. She’s the mother of one son, 22, and a grandson, 2

O Noraht, Noraht - Motherhood - Salon.com
Old 12-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"Deathfatty" was coined in the fatshionista Livejournal community and serves as a mantle for those who are categorised by the (rather daft and flawed) BMI chart as morbidly obese. This tumblr is dedicated to showcasing the vitality and visibility of those who self-identify as "deathfat".

If you want to contribute your fabulosity to the tumblr, use the submit form.

DEATHFATTIES is maintained by definatalie.com
Old 12-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Hi beautiful, Ladies!

LONG TIME NO SEE! Boy, do I have a ton to share. But first off,

GT!!!!!!!!! BLESS YOUR HEART! I feel your pain, ladybug. MY GOD, family are insane arn't they. I went home last Xmas and the first thing my mother said to me was, "You're TOO SKINNY!" Mind you, I hadn't seen her in almost 4 yrs and this is the first thing she utters from her warped mouth! SICK. She's a cool 50 over wt. as is everyone else in my fam.. More like 60-70 for some. It's so sad. THe food issue baffles me. Like it would be way better that I'm grossly overwt. so as to die right along side you all? Argh!

What I've learned in those horrible situations, is to go in a room and breathe. We have to slow ourselves down and collect who we really are and silence their insanity. Yes, food and festivities go along but we have a choice. I've learned my lesson this xmas as well! I need to make my own LC things and munch on those. I'll pray for you, sweet GT. Thank God for Stills, you'll be right as rain in 2 weeks! Hang tight!

Okay, so here's the skinny on me...

New Post

Last edited by Beth Sch; 12-29-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Old 12-29-2011, 12:02 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

This past summer, I was super-duper, quadruper skinny. To the point that everyone who saw me said, "ARE YOU SICK". lolol No lie! But, you know us, I still thought I needed to lose a bit more. I'll post pics. Anyway, since around Thanksgiving I loosed up, started nippling on the old stuffing, cookies, chocolates, etc. I didn't do too much damage but boy, did I learn a huge lesson. I think I have Celiac's Disease. Not having any wheat for almost 8 mo. then having it, my body EXPODED! NO LIE. I gained like 15 lbs of water in a week. Something went terribly wrong. It's almost back to normal but I am serious about NOT having Gluten ever again.

I was making cookies with my daughter and I ate maybe 3. Then the next day, I had a sliver of Peacan Pie. One thing about me, I NEVER go full on crazy with food, NEVER. I nibble and have a cookie or two, but that's it as I know how FREAKIN hard it is to get back to normal. All that said, I know I have a wheat alergy for sure.

So, I'm probably a few weeks away from getting back to "scary skinny" So I'll be cking in from time to time.

Miss you all. Is Al comin' back, how about Tanya, and the Doc. Miss them too.

All my love!

Beth

P.s. I have a Q. How many real eggs should I eat. I have always eaten only the whites, but can't stomach them anylonger. I know Dukan and Stills says unlimited, but....
Old 12-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Ok well has anyone done the leslie sanson walk away the pounds dvd. OMG I was sweating so hard and my heart was racing. It's a 5 mile workout but I only did 2 today. I wad exhausted but I'll do baby steps and work my way up. But it's an awesome workout, love it
Old 12-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

{{{{{{{{{Beth}}}}}}}}} OMG

another testament why grain is soooooooo not good for us!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

don't have any workout DVD's Nerm, I can just see me falling down the stairs in the dining room

used to love Gilads Bodies in Motion, on cable. I remember years ago he had his mom on the show now and then, and she was in her sixties.

tried the yoga show but they go so fast I can't keep up......

winter sucks I can't do my two mile walk. I remember one year I went out, got up the hill and down before realizing there was glare ice on the road. I had to take baby steps all the way back, it was hysterical.........
Old 12-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Hey CC!

I'm trying to post pics and can't seem to figure it out... Argh.

Isn't it amazing how fast we lose on this diet. It blows my mind. Like in one day I feel way better. I've learned my lesson for sure. I'm just going to make all Gluten Free, LC goodies, there are a billion out there and delicious to boot!

Hugs to all.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Hey CC!

I'm trying to post pics and can't seem to figure it out... Argh.

Isn't it amazing how fast we lose on this diet. It blows my mind. Like in one day I feel way better. I've learned my lesson for sure. I'm just going to make all Gluten Free, LC goodies, there are a billion out there and delicious to boot!

Hugs to all.
"Like"
Old 12-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

Actually got about 2 hrs to myself!!! Did Insanity and Callan. Feel so much better ( calmer!) .
Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 AM   #209
Big Yapper!!!!

Nermo--my Mum was talking about that walking DVD. She likes a walk but in the Winter it's too wet here!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 AM   #210
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Beth!!!!! Long time no hear!!!!
Closed Thread