Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   what if ?!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/746753-what-if.html)

lylydvd 11-24-2011 06:49 AM

what if ?!!

hey guys,I'm a newbie to this forum and have some questions hope someone would answer me as soon as possible..
i followed Atkins diet for 6 months now and lost about 45 pounds so far,and still have 77 pounds to loss and rationally if i continue on Atkins so it will take more than a year to lose them and i can't do it .. it's very restrictive lifestyle i can't hold anymore (I'm craving sugar and fruits like crazy)..beside i got bored of Atkins no to mention three weeks of plateau every month ..and my ongoing struggle with constipation :dunno:
so i decided to speed things up and follow either Dukan or Stillman,i know they are more restrictive than Atkins and i will suffer from more fatigue and constipation but when i think that i will lose weight quickly i get excited.. :jumpjoy:

MY QUESTION IS WHAT IF I ADD TWO TABLESPOON OF BRAN OR FLAX SEEDS TO MY STILLMAN DIET TO PREVENT CONSTIPATION? WILL IT AFFECT THE WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS?
AND WHAT ABOUT A SMALL SWEET GREEN PEPPER WHICH HAVE ONLY 2 NET CARBS PER ONE TO PROVIDE ME MY DAILY NEEDS OF VITAMIN C??

mrob 11-24-2011 01:40 PM

45 lbs in 6 months is terrific. why are you in such a hurry?

aleriaaa 11-25-2011 03:30 PM

Hi Lyly! Mrob, is right! 45 pounds is fantastic!! You have done so well, so fast!

From the book:
"This diet has practically no residue. Therefore it is likely you may not have a bowel movement for a few days, although not necessarily so. In any case, don’t be disturbed by such lack. If you are at all concerned, take some mineral oil or milk of magnesia. Nature adjusts the bowel habits so that many persons soon have a daily movement again in spite of the lessened residue.

Protein produces a different intestinal flora or bacterial growth. As a result, many patients have told me that they have a new surge of well-being within a surprisingly short time. Many of them quickly lost the bloated abdominal feeling which they’d borne while overweight."

In my experience, after following the plan for weeks/months, I was only "going" once a week. I didnt think of it as constipation since there were no ill effects. No tummy ache, no bloat or feeling of fullness, I just didnt have to go and saved a lot of $$ on TP! lol and honestly, after eating pounds and pounds of meat all week, what when in, definitely did not come out. You shouldnt worry about it at all. Give Stillmans a shot, you will not be disappointed!

about the green peppers...if you decided on QWL, don't do it. the beauty of Stillmans (besides the quick weight loss) is that your cravings will go away!! any bite off plan, (or off protein) can set you back a week, and keeps those cravings in full force! (i never understood why the doc allowed ketchup. Id stay away from that too)

I seriously ate meat for months without adding vitamin C, and ended up happier, healthier, and skinnier!! I promise, you will not get scurvy!

I wish you the best! Let us know how you do!

lylydvd 11-26-2011 10:35 AM

thank you guys for your replies
but now I'm taking my words back..i will continue on Atkins because it's the best diet..how i came to this conclusion ??!!OK,I tried Stillman for half day and i couldn't stand hunger..i had no energy at all..i felt sleepy, exhausted and tired..it was such a bad experience so i don't recommend this diet .. and for those who want to lose weight faster i say stick on Atkins ,it's the way..yes it may be slow ,little boring sometimes but it is the easiest , healthiest and the most tasteful diet ever..and these things make it the most successful one too.