Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Stillman's November turkey trot 2 skinnyville--more meat, less you!!!

Join the fun and foolishness as we give thanks to all of our friends on the ever continuing meat ride to Smallville!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Great Thread CC! Let's motivate ourselves and our peeps to think T~U~R~K~E~Y This month. .

Yipppee
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

More meat. . Must eat more meat!!!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Im here!! Thanks for the new thread CC!!

IM2- lovin that avi!!

Just got back from the warehouse and they didnt have any butterballs! stocked up on my other meats though!

Today is Day 1 of no cheese for me.

Weight is 132, and Im hoping to see 125 by next week!

Todays menu is chicken, chicken and more chicken.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
IM2 wrote in last months thread:

OK. .you pros. . answer me a question: Seriously. . how many of you are losing while still maintaining a higher fat diet? Anyone? .. My problem, now and in the past, has been my huge desire for burger, cheese (I do limit this), etc. . I could eat burger all day long and not feel deprived. Do you think, if I cut carbs 100% and stocked up on the burger, I would lose?

Yes!!!! (but I think you need to hear it from someone else cause Ive been tryin to convince you for years! lol)

I absolutely believe that you will lose by cutting carbs completely out and eating fatty meat only, but I think it will take a little time for your body to adjust. Once you commit to this, you can not add carbs even if it is for one day or you will gain. I think that lots of peeps shy away from the fatty meat because they do gain the next day or two, it scares them and they stop. They dont give the whoosh enough time to show up! You will have to give yourself a few weeks and the pounds will melt off, while indulging in yummy fatty beef....fat satisfies. You wont even feel like your on a diet!

About the cheese/dairy and my experience over the last two months or so...You already now that I lose fairly easy on just meat and you know that my portions have always been supersized, and I was still able to lose. The second i added the cheese. ALL LOSSES STOPPED. I have still been able to eat big, but it doesnt matter if I have 10 slices of cheese or 2, my weight has remained the same. If you can eat ground beef/burgers without the cheese I highly suggest it. If your results arnt good with the higher fat, I wouldnt want you blaming the beef, it would definitely be the cheese.

I really think you should give it a go, and then you can always taper off the fat later if you want to start losing even faster. Get yourself used to eating tasty meat, and then once you're past the cravings, add back in the tuna.

The hardest part is sticking to this for a week or two, but you have to commit and not let any carb stand in your way. After that, your golden!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was just reviewing why we need to live low carb. . if even half of these are true.. Let's do it! .

1. Increased muscle

2. Stronger hair and nails

3. Clear skin :

4. No gas or indigestion (food combining helps this as well)

5. Disapperance of fungal/yeast infections

6. More energy

7. No more brain fog

8. Reversal of some diseases

9. Lowered cholesterol and triglycerides

10. Improvement in mood

11. Disappearance of cravings and hunger

12. Improvement in joint and/or muscle movement

13. Improvement in moderate exercise performance and endurance

14. Disappearance of heart burn

15. Disappearance of headaches

16. No more bloating

17. Improvement with thyroid condition

18. Improvement with diabetes

19. Sleep better

20. Reduced PMS symptoms

21. Increased libido

22. No more fatigue
Old 11-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .Al. .I hear ya loud and clear. . I shall eat meat. . I shall breath my meat. . I shall sleep with meat. . (Err. .ok .. that may be taking it a little far. .but )

Luv ya. . and thanks for induldging me and my madness once again. .
Old 11-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I apologize to all if I ask questions or miss something. I just can't find the time to go back and read all the threads right now and I know I've missed so much! I want to, but I decided I need to start fresh, clean and new and to discover all my LCF again (as well as myself). .My plan is to stick to it and I know I can't do it without you - so thank you!
Old 11-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Thanks for the thread CC!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2-if you can lose and feel good on a low carb high fat diet then do it! It works too--just read the Atkins threads I think you're right, Stills doesn't work for you, for whatever reason-either your body doesn't like it or (and forgive me if this is wrong) you find it too strict and so don't stick with it for long enough at a time for it to work.
You're right, life is too short-you have lots of living to do! But if your weight bothers you then you need to find something that works for you, that isn't too depriving for you. There's no point in half-heartedly doing Stillmans, jumping back and forth and so never getting anywhere with it, and feeling worse in the long run.
The best diet is the one that works for you--and I don't think Stills is that for you. How long have you been 'doing' it? Two years? Yeah I think it's time to try something else. And if you enjoy Atkins style foods then why not! Millions have lost eating that way.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 11-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Ha! I have worse skin on low carb--extremely dry, I def don't sleep well on it, don't have more energy--hmmm tell me why I do it??!!
Old 11-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay!!!! My Mum is coming to vist next weekend!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #13
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I did a bit of Christmas shopping today! Oh my! I didn't set out to do any. My DD and I went out to grab some Halloween costumes on sale for the girls - they love to dress up. But a couple of things that they are getting for Christmas were on sale so I picked them up today.

IM - I do high fat. My body doesn't do well on low fat. I stay here and don't talk too much about what I'm eating, 'cause this is the best thread! And because I will taper off on the fat as time goes on, I will be doing it the Stillman's way eventually!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT . .. .I understand what you are saying about sticking to it. . and I did . for several months. . I was hard core Stillmans but struggled. . I finally went to the doctors and he put me on Thyroid meds. . Actually made it worse! I was supposed to go for a med review last month, but the Doc called me to reschedule. . Either way. I struggled much more so than I did on Atkins but I stopped losing on Atkins as well. . It initially came off pretty quickly . . then tapered. then stopped! Which is why I searched for something low carb but a little more restrictive. . I stumbled across this thread and me and Al have been hooked every since. . . I realize I've started over time and time again but I figure you're only a failure when you give up! On the flip side. . I maintained very well while following Stillmans. Didn't lose. . but maintained!!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim. .I think I may stick to the high fat end until I feel I have it under control. . Once I do. I can start choppping away at my diet again. .Right now. . I feel very satisfied with the ground beef, eggs, chicken x 2 and pork chop. All grilled so some of the fat burned off. .

I, too, will not continue to bore every one with the detail sof my diet but if I find I'm not losing anything. . I'll call on you to criitque it! Deal?

By the way. I've missed you and your pretty dress, too! How can you not smile when you see "voluptuous Norma Jean?"

Last edited by IM2fat; 11-01-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Old 11-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I did a bit of Christmas shopping today! Oh my! I didn't set out to do any. My DD and I went out to grab some Halloween costumes on sale for the girls - they love to dress up. But a couple of things that they are getting for Christmas were on sale so I picked them up today.

IM - I do high fat. My body doesn't do well on low fat. I stay here and don't talk too much about what I'm eating, 'cause this is the best thread! And because I will taper off on the fat as time goes on, I will be doing it the Stillman's way eventually!
Wow Christmes shopping already!!!! Go you!!

And it is theeee best thread!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hellllllooooooooo everyone! Having a good stillman day. I have some chicken thighs and half a chicken roasting in the oven (were on sale at the store .99 ˘ a pound )

IM- I remember in your old posts you had mentioned weight watchers. Didn't you lose weight on that plan? I may be mistaken.... I totally agree we are not failures till wr give up. I keep starting over but it'll happen, I know it will.......
By the way love the new avi....

Al- weren't you living on thighs? How well did you lose because I definitly can live on thighs but dunno if I will lose weight...... Yeah and no more swiss cheese for me either 0 carbs but high fat
nermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Darn. .I gotta change my stats. here I go. deep breaths . .deep breaths. . but on the positive side. . I didn't gain everything back . I'm still 5 pounds to the good . lol.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hellllllooooooooo everyone! Having a good stillman day. I have some chicken thighs and half a chicken roasting in the oven (were on sale at the store .99 ˘ a pound )

IM- I remember in your old posts you had mentioned weight watchers. Didn't you lose weight on that plan? I may be mistaken.... I totally agree we are not failures till wr give up. I keep starting over but it'll happen, I know it will.......
By the way love the new avi....

Al- weren't you living on thighs? How well did you lose because I definitly can live on thighs but dunno if I will lose weight...... Yeah and no more swiss cheese for me either 0 carbs but high fat
Nermo. . you have a fab memory! Yes. I did lose and maintain on WW . . and I still believe in it. . My problem is I just love food way too much!!! Way. . too much!! portion control is a problem right now so it shall be No Carb all the way!!! at least for now. .
Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Wow Christmes shopping already!!!! Go you!!

And it is theeee best thread!!!
It is the only thread!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

I dunno,Im2, I suppose I have always wondered why you were never able to lose on Stillmans.i do admire you for sticking to it for so long. I guess I just believe completely that when followed 100% QWL does work so reading your posts that it wasn't always baffled me.
And I've gotta say that part of me thinks if you couldn't lose weight on one of the most low cal restrictive diets there is, then maybe that is your body's way of saying enough is enough, you've been dieting too long, switching diets etc. And maybe you should stop the dieting per se, and start a really healthy eating plan-lots of nuitrients-lots of veg, oily fish, seeds pulses etc. Really 'feed' your body. I think it might be more beneficial in the long run.
That has nothing to do with 'failing' or 'giving up'. I suppose my attitutude would be ,QWL doesn't work for you, and so because it doesn't there are more healthy ways and less restrictive ways to eat.
I keep at QWL ( with salad) because it does work for me. Like you I can maintain with it. Ok I'd like to lose a bit more but for me maintaining is important too. There are other things I like about it too. That doesn't make me 'better' at it, it just means I have found something that works for me.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Nermo. . you have a fab memory! Yes. I did lose and maintain on WW . . and I still believe in it. . My problem is I just love food way too much!!! Way. . too much!! portion control is a problem right now so it shall be No Carb all the way!!! at least for now. .
Well then go back to it!!! It works for you!! Why keep looking for some other diet when you know the one that works for you???
Maybe portion control is a problem, but isn't that dealt with on WW? Isn't everything weighed out?
It's simple----Low carb for weight loss doesn't work for you,WW does, therefore the diet to do is WW. As far as I know low carb and WW can be combined, isn't that what points plus or something is?
Old 11-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

reviewing why we need to live low carb.........

add to the list:

near reversal of perimenopausal symptoms... less or no hot flashes

hairs graying slows (mine pretty much is falling slowly out and being replaced by normal)
Old 11-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ha! I have worse skin on low carb--extremely dry, I def don't sleep well on it, don't have more energy--hmmm tell me why I do it??!!
I am zit (blemish) city for some reason this week but it could be due to switching to a more moisturizing facial cleanser because the heat is on now for the winter duration.........

never thought that Stills was causing me to sleep less but it is.......up those vitamins for fatigue.....??
Old 11-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Refuse to Quit
Stats: 200/189/130
WOE: Primal/Stillmans
Start Date: November 1, 2011
Hi everyone! I'm not new to low carb, but I am new to stillman's diet. I'm trying to figure out how long I can stay on the strict version of this - I would like to lose 60 or so pounds. So my question is can I just stay on this or do I need to alternate with the inches off diet?

Many thanks in advance for your kind help!

Melissa
Refuse to Quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well then go back to it!!! It works for you!! Why keep looking for some other diet when you know the one that works for you???
Maybe portion control is a problem, but isn't that dealt with on WW? Isn't everything weighed out?
It's simple----Low carb for weight loss doesn't work for you,WW does, therefore the diet to do is WW. As far as I know low carb and WW can be combined, isn't that what points plus or something is?
I think you misunderstood. . I was able to lose and maintain on it. . years ago but have been struggling since I gained again after my last baby. . While I was on my hiatis from LCF. I was following the WW plan. . my problem again . .lies with portion control and having to plan, plan, plan. . I don't have the time! My life is incredibly busy so I have to do what works for me know and I'm crossing my fingers that this is it! I am sure I'll lose the water weight quickly. . I just have to flip the switch in my brain that says. .

You Can Do This. !!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Melissa! Welcome! Stay on it for as long as you can stick it!!! Seriously!! No you don't need to alternate with the inches off, in fact I wouldn't. That diet is the complete oposite of QWL--no protein, very high carb. Stills only reccommended that for people who were at goal and wanted to drop muscle mass.

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 11-01-2011 at 04:41 PM..
Old 11-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

add to the list:

hairs graying slows (mine pretty much is falling slowly out and being replaced by normal)
Ok I so don't believe the grey hair thing!! You telling me that our ancestors had no grey hair????? Not buying it!!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refuse to Quit View Post
Hi everyone! I'm not new to low carb, but I am new to stillman's diet. I'm trying to figure out how long I can stay on the strict version of this - I would like to lose 60 or so pounds. So my question is can I just stay on this or do I need to alternate with the inches off diet?

Many thanks in advance for your kind help!

Melissa
Great to have you Melissa. . I'm a restart so we can do this together. . You can stay on Stillmans for as long as you want/need/desire. . or shall I say. . Can!!!! These are some strong peeps. . they are die hards and really know how to rock the meat!

You'll do fine. just cook up some chicken. .grab your tuna and hop on.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

add to the list:

This is the best news ever!!!

I think I may need some of that reversal of perimenopausal thingy. . . no hot flashes but the mood swings are killing me!!

Gray hair. . pretty much comes every 4 weeks or so. .