Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Refuse to Quit
Stats: 200/189/130
WOE: Primal/Stillmans
Start Date: November 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Good show!

Maybe one of the reasons folks have food issues is because while thinking they were eating healthy they were eating the poison grains foisted onto us by the mainstream, telling us it's healthy and we need it......

You can't go 'back' to eating healthy because this diet IS the healthiest and best plan for humans. Period. O sure, once to goal you can add in veg, fruit, fat, but anything else is detrimental to human health.

Now if I can only get this through to my Dad before they tell him he is having his colon removed...........
I agree CC!!! And the longer I stay on plan the better it is for me! So I am commited to doing that. We agreed to have all future dinners at restaurants so I can easily avoid dessert and other things I don't eat.

I hope your father gets better soon - it's so incredibly sad what we have allowed food to do to us unknowingly. And yet when the argriculture industry took over, there were numerous reports of wide spread heart attacks and cancers that were never seen before in our existence on earth. I think that's a huge red flag - so greed won again at our expense...

M
Refuse to Quit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I agree with CC -eating a special offering from friends is not the same as diving headfirst into a bowl of chocolate sauce! Unless of course it was a bowl of chocolate sauce!
Definitely not a bowl of chocolate sauce, Mim!!!! But what's done is done, and in the future we'll be meeting them at a restaurant where I can control things much easier!

M
Old 11-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refuse to Quit View Post
I agree CC!!! And the longer I stay on plan the better it is for me! So I am commited to doing that. We agreed to have all future dinners at restaurants so I can easily avoid dessert and other things I don't eat.

I hope your father gets better soon - it's so incredibly sad what we have allowed food to do to us unknowingly. And yet when the argriculture industry took over, there were numerous reports of wide spread heart attacks and cancers that were never seen before in our existence on earth. I think that's a huge red flag - so greed won again at our expense...

M
O that was very thoughtful of them! But you could just ask they not be offended if you choose not to partake in a dessert they bring. Or better yet just tell them you are suger free for life, maybe they will bring SF!

Aha so you've been studying the grain menace YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
This is one of those I was naughty posts. I will not bore you with the details. I am not sad or dissapointed in myself. It is what it is... I am back on plan today.

That is not why I have not checked in tho. I hurt my back several days ago and I have not been able to get down the stairs. I was afraid I would not be able to get back up them.

I think it was CC telling me that I needed to look at this as a WOE. That once I had issues with food, chances are I always will. I believe you. I really wanted to believe that I could lose this weigh then go to "healthy" eating. I do not think that can happen with me. I have accepted that I feel better than ever when I am no carbing it. The way I feel on and off Stillman is like night and day.
I need to let go of all the foods that have gotten me where I am today. They are poison to me and I can feel it every time I eat it.
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm home from work and just gobbled up my grilled chicken breast just like a little piglet. . Yummy.. yummy..

I ate a boiled egg on the way home and think I am satisfied for the evening. .plan to settle in and watch the rest of the biggest loser .. I think I'm going to take it easy tonight. .
Old 11-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #246
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I'm home! We had lunch out and I got a salad - I've been wanting salad and it is not something I keep on hand. Also - I got my ears re-pierced. I've been thinking about doing this for quite some time. And the pictures turned out great. It was a lovely day and now at 6:30 it feels like the day is over. It is dark and I'm tired. But alas, it is much too early togo tobed!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #247
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Bratty - I hope your back gets better soon!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I'm home from work and just gobbled up my grilled chicken breast just like a little piglet. . Yummy.. yummy..

I ate a boiled egg on the way home and think I am satisfied for the evening. .plan to settle in and watch the rest of the biggest loser .. I think I'm going to take it easy tonight. .
I love that show.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm home! We had lunch out and I got a salad - I've been wanting salad and it is not something I keep on hand. Also - I got my ears re-pierced. I've been thinking about doing this for quite some time. And the pictures turned out great. It was a lovely day and now at 6:30 it feels like the day is over. It is dark and I'm tired. But alas, it is much too early togo tobed!
Did yours close up?

I have to talk myself out of piercings all the time. I have had more than any decent woman my age should have.

Relax and enjoy the rest of your evening.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Bratty - I hope your back gets better soon!
Thanks! It will be fine, it likes to go out about once a year. I hobble around for a few weeks then all is good.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #251
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Did yours close up?

I have to talk myself out of piercings all the time. I have had more than any decent woman my age should have.

Relax and enjoy the rest of your evening.

No, they didn't grow back. I pierced them myself when I was in college years and years ago - 40 some years as a matter of fact! Because I used a sewing needle the holes were too small for some post earrings, and one was at an angle. It was never noticeable, but my taste in earrings has changed and the way they looked bothered me. So - I got them pierced properly! I have one ear pierced at the top.

I'm glad your back is getting better!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and say hello. The grass-fed beef is "Tropical Traditions" on Amazon - not cheap, but grass fed isn't. I'm having for breakfast tomorrow so I'll give a review of it then. Hope everyone's well!

M
Old 11-08-2011, 03:42 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning everyone!!!! Happy Tuesday!

I just had my breakfast burger of 100% grass fed and finished beef - ohmyohmyohmy!!!!! It was extremely delicious! so if anyone is thinking of doing this and can afford it go for it!!!!! I will have to budget very carefully if I want to continue myself (which I do). Major happy over here!!!!!

So I'm off to vote and then to work - I've made chicken breasts and more burgers for work, and I have a T-bone at home which I'm going to split up for lunch and dinner. So far so good.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Stillman Tuesday (hey, at least it's not Monday anymore!!!)

M
Old 11-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good Morning everyone!!!! Happy Tuesday!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Stillman Tuesday (hey, at least it's not Monday anymore!!!)

M
Amen to that, Sista!!!

I'll be even happier for Thursday cuz I don't have to work on Friday!!! It is Veteran's DAy after all. . .
Old 11-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
No, they didn't grow back. I pierced them myself when I was in college years and years ago - 40 some years as a matter of fact! Because I used a sewing needle the holes were too small for some post earrings, and one was at an angle. It was never noticeable, but my taste in earrings has changed and the way they looked bothered me. So - I got them pierced properly! I have one ear pierced at the top.

I'm glad your back is getting better!
too funny, Mim.

I pierced all my own, too. . I have 3 on one side and 2 on the other (chickened out!!).. My parents would not let me get my ears pierced until I was 16 and then only the first set. As soon as I went away to college, I did the rest.

And then when I was about 30, I decided to get the top one done. . Wooo Weee. . That puppy took forever to heal. . I think because it was my phone talkin ear!!!

Either way. now I wonder. . what was I thinking? I wear studs in all of them except my original ones. .

Glad I never did my nose! My friend did (at 46) and I kept thinking. . Man.. that really doesn't look that great on you!! Some peeps can pull it off but I think you have to have the right hair, attitude and the right get-up. Not for the everyday, average housewife. . Just sayin. . (Is that dating me?. .
Old 11-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm missing my LCF! Where is everyone? Come out to play. . come out to visit. . come out and have some meat!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
too funny, Mim.

I pierced all my own, too. . I have 3 on one side and 2 on the other (chickened out!!).. My parents would not let me get my ears pierced until I was 16 and then only the first set. As soon as I went away to college, I did the rest.
Hi IM! I wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced until I was 12. I remember on my 12th birthday waiting for my family doctor to open up - I had the first appointment - I was so thrilled. I never got any other holes, so I guess I'm old fashioned!!!

Happy Meat Tuesday!!!!

M
Old 11-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Day two always blows. I feel awful. I can't wait till the induction flu is over.

I can not for the life of me remember when I got mine done the first time so I must have gotten it when I was really little. I now have 3 in each ear that I have had since I was 14. Total I have had my navel, tongue, and nips. I let all but the navel and ears close up. I really feel naked and weird without it.

Dang, time to run to the bus stop! back in a bit

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #259
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Day two always blows. I feel awful. I can't wait till the induction flu is over.

I can not for the life of me remember when I got mine done the first time so I must have gotten it when I was really little. I now have 3 in each ear that I have had since I was 14. Total I have had my navel, tongue, and nips. I let all but the navel and ears close up. I really feel naked and weird without it.

Dang, time to run to the bus stop! back in a bit
Ouch!
Old 11-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #260
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I had forgotten that back in the day dr.s were the ones to pierce ears! My how times have changed!

This has been a long day and it is not over yet. My church has a pancake dinner tonight. It happens every election day and is a really big thing. I've got to get over there soon. It seems like the gods of stillman's are against me! No, I won't eat pancakes tonight. But this week seems to be filled with minor bumps. Tomorrow I have a meeting over lunch. I will be able to make reasonable choices but it is just not as pure as eating at home. I have lunch at a parishioner's next week and that is the hardest because I eat what I'm served. Still, I will lose, just slowly.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
whew, sorry to be AWOL, busy day in the parts department. Now I have to figure out how to ship a gearbox to Lebanon....................but my old car patieents need me so I will.

Brat sorry your flu sux........Mim stay strong tonight...........had to wait until 12 for pierced too.........mall stall........two on right and three on left.....not all at once.....we are the eighties
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!

I had this brilliant thought which I got from reading about healthywage.com on yahoo.com news- (you bet them to lose weight). Such a great idea - it would really motivate me to stick to plan if I knew I had money riding on it! I've been trying to hook up on their website, but it must be overloaded because it's extremely slow. Anyway, I took the idea to the next step (for me, anyway) of betting people I know - I'm thinking something like $10 that I can lose my weight (70 pounds) by next summer. If I don't do it, I have to pay THEM $10. I think it's brilliant. So far I've managed to drum up 12 people. But I want to get around 50. That's money worth sticking to plan for! And then ta-da! it's summer and all that goes with it. I'm loving this idea!

Ok, so I had a small burger, small piece of chicken and a small piece of steak for dinner. My inner cavewoman has been inspired!!!!!

M
Old 11-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy. .cold. . dark. . dreary . . Tuesday! Between the time change and the rain. It looks like Midnight. .uccckyy. .

But, . . I shall not let that get me down. .

If these stupid PMS symptoms don't get me down. . nothing will. . I'm just thrilled because it explains all my other issues this week! But. I still wonder. . what the heck? I'm very early. . soo. . Me thinks a woosh by mid week should be in order, right? And. to top it off. . I go to the Doc on Thursday!!! Lovely timing - I'm really gonna scare him, now!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've just finished a great big bowl of chicken, wth a little beef, hot sauce and mustard!! Twas almost like dessert!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Happy. .cold. . dark. . dreary . . Tuesday! Between the time change and the rain. It looks like Midnight. .uccckyy. .

But, . . I shall not let that get me down. .

If these stupid PMS symptoms don't get me down. . nothing will. . I'm just thrilled because it explains all my other issues this week! But. I still wonder. . what the heck? I'm very early. . soo. . Me thinks a woosh by mid week should be in order, right? And. to top it off. . I go to the Doc on Thursday!!! Lovely timing - I'm really gonna scare him, now!!!
IM - did you ever try the B-100s we were discussing a bit back. They really do help a lot!

M
Old 11-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #266
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi everyone!

I had this brilliant thought which I got from reading about healthywage.com on yahoo.com news- (you bet them to lose weight). Such a great idea - it would really motivate me to stick to plan if I knew I had money riding on it! I've been trying to hook up on their website, but it must be overloaded because it's extremely slow. Anyway, I took the idea to the next step (for me, anyway) of betting people I know - I'm thinking something like $10 that I can lose my weight (70 pounds) by next summer. If I don't do it, I have to pay THEM $10. I think it's brilliant. So far I've managed to drum up 12 people. But I want to get around 50. That's money worth sticking to plan for! And then ta-da! it's summer and all that goes with it. I'm loving this idea!

Ok, so I had a small burger, small piece of chicken and a small piece of steak for dinner. My inner cavewoman has been inspired!!!!!

M
When I lose a significant amount - I haven't decided what that is yet - I'm going to have folk in my congregation sponsor each pound with the money going to the foodbank. I love your idea! You will have money to buy new skinny clothes!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #267
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't eat any pancakes! I had two sausages. They are quite yummy.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:14 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh good heavens, Mim, why on earth would you eat pancakes???? Now sausages, YUM!!!!! Can we talk bacon or is that a Stillman's no-no? I think I'm a Stillman's with Paleo leanings... I LOVE sugarless bacon! Gawlenty makes some that is just delicious!

So chicken's on the menu for today because someone forgot to defrost the ground beef

Looking forward to gathering up more bettors (sponsors?) today. I've given myself until Sunday night, and then Monday is my official start date with someone from work weighing me in !!!!!

I'm having way too much fun with this!!!!!

Hope everyone is well today!!!!!

M
Old 11-09-2011, 05:37 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IM - did you ever try the B-100s we were discussing a bit back. They really do help a lot!

M
I did. . I did.. but I think they make me very hot = increased metabolism? ya think? If so. . I'll take it. .

I on day 3 of taking them. . .
Old 11-09-2011, 05:39 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm so happy for you, Mim! That means you are in the zone which is the perfect place to be!!

I'm right there with you. .

Weight still the same this morning. . but. . I know why. . and I expect a huge loss by the end of the week!!!