Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 05:44 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refuse to Quit View Post
So Happy Saturday to all! I have a hard day coming up - I'm cleaning the house for guests who are coming over for dinner tomorrow. If it were just "guests" I would be done. But they are both OCD, so now it's super clean time which is clean on a level that I don't even care for! But I try to keep thinking of how much easier it will be to clean the house for Thanksgiving... sigh.

M
M it can't be too serious OCD if they can actually leave their house, no?
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2011, 05:46 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hey M! I'm doing the exact same thing here. . Cleaning! Goodness, there are days I really wish I had a wife and that I didin't live with 5 males!! It is amazing that all 5 of them can walk by the same thing 30 times and not pick it up! I mean . . underwear in the kitchen? We won't even mention what their bathroom looks like. . . (((sigh)))

. .
OMG himself is the same way, I can't imagine 5, it would be homicide for sure........
Old 11-06-2011, 05:49 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi becky! The weather is gorgeous in NY but really getting cold - YUCK!!!!

I have a confession: I lick the plate. Is that wrong? I LOVE to lick the plate, especially after a good juicy steak... wow, I guess my cavewoman is really starting to emerge!

Hey CCgirl - hope you're well.

Hi IM Well, my SS and SD are both out of the house now, and it's only my DH and my DD at home. And my DD is neater than I am! So no underwear on the kitchen floor... somehow I think I'll live!

DH had to work today, so I'm tyring to get things done without him... but I'm looking forward to him coming home so we can do a power shopping for MEAT for me for next week. I'm also in love with Lipton's white raspberry diet ice tea. Oh my, good stuff - the mixed berry is good too. I try and get in all my water first, then drink the diet ice tea all day - I now figure out where the bathrooms are if I have to leave the house.

Hello to Mim and and everyone else who follows!!!!!

M
Cold? Try 20F here in Lake Luzerne! Hard frost on the lawn!

Enjoy the peace and quiet today.....
Old 11-06-2011, 05:55 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh I know, but I think we'll do it in the morning. Yep, me too - another fabulous 100% perfect stillman day!!!!! I LOVE this diet!!!!! Can't believe it took me a million diets and a trillion years to get here - but now that I'm here, I'm not stopping til I hit goal!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great Stillman night!

M
O meee tooo, so glad we found Stills and all the other revealing Paleo secrets.......

Now I have to get my Dad and his wife on board........it's not sinking in very well.....she's prob closer to 250 and 5'4"....now she tells me his ulcerative colitis is so bad he bleeds chronically.........anyone have fam with UCS/UCI? I told him the next step is Crohns if he doesn't change his ways...........
Old 11-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #185
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I woke up at 5:30 'cause I typically get up at 6:30! It takes me days to adjust to the time change. I woke up feeling very good - rested and energized! I'll check in later.............
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Hi IM! Let's do this 100% together! It obviously works when you eat ONLY meat and nothing else. Are you adding fat? I'm not, but I am eating fatty meat. I think it helps - and if you are in ketosis, the fat shouldn't be an issue. Does that make sense?

Happy Saturday!

M
Yes.. I've been 100% meat. . just a little more on the fattier side (sometimes).. I guess I'll have to go back to tuna/chicken. .

Disappointed this morning. . still no loss.. exactly the same and I even jumped off and back on 3 times just to be sure there wasn't an ounce or somehting. . Well. . I'm going to stick to it. I have to lose sooner or later, which means . big woosh!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:50 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Refuse to Quit
Stats: 200/189/130
WOE: Primal/Stillmans
Start Date: November 1, 2011
Hi Everyone, Happy Sunday!!!!

Hi Nermo! Wow - fabulous job on the whoosh, that fairy has really taking a shine to you!!!!! Keep it going!

Hi makemeslim! Thanks for the encouragement! Can't wait to weigh in on Wednesday.

Hi CC! My friends are so OCD you could eat off their floor - literally. But they do go out, and we mostly go to restaurants with them, but since we had dinner at their house (that was an experience), we've reciprocated and now they are coming over in 7 hours! The house looks fabulous - it was exhausting, but worth it. We are making them a dish I can't eat which has shrimp, scallops and lobster, so I will just some of the seafood aside and eat that.

Hi Mim! Have a wonderful relaxing Stillman Sunday, ok?

Hi IM! Oh what a riot, I always say 'I wish I had a wife' even though I am a wife! And when you said it I still envisioned you as a woman who felt the same way as I did. Please clarify for us - if you wish, of course!!!! Either way, I hope you're having a great Stillman weekend!!!!

Ok, so someone tell me, will the magnesium make you "go" or not?

Off to do some last minute touch ups on the front room. Then to the store for things we forgot to buy yesterday! Can't wait until they leave and they're not even here yet!!!! And I say that with a lot of love!!!!

M
Refuse to Quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh I know, but I think we'll do it in the morning. Yep, me too - another fabulous 100% perfect stillman day!!!!! I LOVE this diet!!!!! Can't believe it took me a million diets and a trillion years to get here - but now that I'm here, I'm not stopping til I hit goal!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great Stillman night!

M
your excitment is contagious. . keep it up!!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:52 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi I'mz, I always thought you were a female.
O yes. . .and I come with PMS and the whole business. .A package deal!!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #190
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:

Hi IM! Oh what a riot, I always say 'I wish I had a wife' even though I am a wife! And when you said it I still envisioned you as a woman who felt the same way as I did. Please clarify for us - if you wish, of course!!!! Either way, I hope you're having a great Stillman weekend!!!!

Off to do some last minute touch ups on the front room. Then to the store for things we forgot to buy yesterday! Can't wait until they leave and they're not even here yet!!!! And I say that with a lot of love!!!!

M
Yes, IM is a wife! And yes, Magnesium will do the trick. I take it before bed.

I love a clean house and it usually takes having company to get it really clean. Pity I don't do that for myself. It feels so good. I'm in the process of cleaning and then I'm going to stick to a cleaning ritual.

And on that note, I better get going. I need to walk out of my door in half an hour.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

M
A very weary woman in desperate need of a vacation!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim.

Have a great day!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Even though I haven't lost anything. . I still feel better. . the bloat has subsided and my energy level is starting to pick up. . I love that part. My goal this week is to be able to button my jeans comfortably and maybe sit down in them!!! Hahhaah

Also, I would give 100 bucks for my undies to stay where they belong! There is nothing more uncomfortable than bending over and feeling them roll down, settling under the infamous fat roll. . tis very difficult to gracefully adjust in a crowd especially when they notice your elbow protruding from your waistband and you are frantically digging and wiggling!!

Do you have the same drawer of panties that I do? From the date night. . super cute . . and the what was I thinking when I bought those? to .. OMG. I will die if anyone see's these "bloomers" in my cart? Sadly. . I'm in the bloomers stage. . My goals shall be my happy pair with a smiley on the bottom. .
A girl has to have a goal, correct?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:24 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Even though I haven't lost anything. . I still feel better. . the bloat has subsided and my energy level is starting to pick up. . I love that part. My goal this week is to be able to button my jeans comfortably and maybe sit down in them!!! Hahhaah

Also, I would give 100 bucks for my undies to stay where they belong! There is nothing more uncomfortable than bending over and feeling them roll down, settling under the infamous fat roll. . tis very difficult to gracefully adjust in a crowd especially when they notice your elbow protruding from your waistband and you are frantically digging and wiggling!!

Do you have the same drawer of panties that I do? From the date night. . super cute . . and the what was I thinking when I bought those? to .. OMG. I will die if anyone see's these "bloomers" in my cart? Sadly. . I'm in the bloomers stage. . My goals shall be my happy pair with a smiley on the bottom. .
Hi IM! I lost almost 60 pounds on medifast, went out and bought up a ton of super cute boyshorts, only to gain back 30 pounds - but I'm still trying to wear the boyshorts, and I swear, it's one of the things that drove to find another way of losing weight because all these things do is ride up my .... yeah. You get the idea! So I'm hoping that Stillman's will help me knock of the 30 I put back on and an additional bunch so I can get to goal already!!!!

So far so good - I do spend a LOT of money on meat on this woe... I've always been "afraid" of not having enough to eat in the house (goes along with the idea of being afraid of being hungry) so my freezer could probably stock my local super market... just sayin'. But I worry less, which is a good thing!

Hope everyone is well this morning - gorgeous day out there in New York!!!!

M
Old 11-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi IM! I lost almost 60 pounds on medifast, went out and bought up a ton of super cute boyshorts, only to gain back 30 pounds - but I'm still trying to wear the boyshorts, and I swear, it's one of the things that drove to find another way of losing weight because all these things do is ride up my .... yeah. You get the idea! So I'm hoping that Stillman's will help me knock of the 30 I put back on and an additional bunch so I can get to goal already!!!!

M
Ya know . I bought several pair in several sizes (boy shorts) and they alwasy rode up on me, too. . I just think it might be the cut?? IDK. . they look so cute and appear to look comfy but the lack of elastic on the leg might be the culprit. . I guess if I want something in my crack . I'll buy a thong? Is that so wrong?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

So far so good - I do spend a LOT of money on meat on this woe... I've always been "afraid" of not having enough to eat in the house (goes along with the idea of being afraid of being hungry) so my freezer could probably stock my local super market... just sayin'. But I worry less, which is a good thing!

M
Too darn funny!! You can always tell what diet I'm following by the overload of food in my cupboards/freezer. I, too, worry about it especially when hubby eats everything I cook! Her does a semi-approved Low carb (when it conveniently consists of eating the last piece of steak or chicken in the fridge, but he forgets to mention all the other stuff he consumes!). . Like last night. . I caught him eating peanuts and upon closer inspection, I noted that the bowl was also full of candy corn! What the heck. . step away from my steak , MISTER!!!! He always tends to gobble up the only foods I can have. I've taken to hiding meat in yogurt cups and butter dishes!!

Last night, I noted that I had an entire shelf of Progresso soup (from my WW plan), Fiber ONe Cereal and Fat Free Popcorn! Needless to say. . The food pantry got a big donation this morning. .sent my boys off the church with a big ole bag!

Last edited by IM2fat; 11-06-2011 at 08:27 AM..
Old 11-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok. continue cleaning my cupboards and organzing my mess. . or do my paperwork for the business? What to do. . what to do. .

Can you tell I"m procrastinating? Me, too. . I better get moving. . TTFN
Old 11-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I woke up at 5:30 'cause I typically get up at 6:30! It takes me days to adjust to the time change. I woke up feeling very good - rested and energized! I'll check in later.............
O mee too, got up and had coffee before realizing it was an hour earlier
Old 11-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Hi Nermo! Wow - fabulous job on the whoosh, that fairy has really taking a shine to you!!!!! Keep it going!

Hi makemeslim! Thanks for the encouragement! Can't wait to weigh in on Wednesday.

Hi CC! My friends are so OCD you could eat off their floor - literally. But they do go out, and we mostly go to restaurants with them, but since we had dinner at their house (that was an experience), we've reciprocated and now they are coming over in 7 hours! The house looks fabulous - it was exhausting, but worth it. We are making them a dish I can't eat which has shrimp, scallops and lobster, so I will just some of the seafood aside and eat that.

M
LOL on the OCD's.........I am so lucky, I have no friends

and on the magnesium tabs........take three if you want a little help, take four if you want to occupy the bathroom indefinitely and want to have to go in an emergency like way.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
O yes. . .and I come with PMS and the whole business. .A package deal!!

Quote:
A very weary woman in desperate need of a vacation!!!
you need a salon or spa day.........you would be amazed at the healing powers of a pedicure.
Quote:

Quote:
Ya know . I bought several pair in several sizes (boy shorts) and they alwasy rode up on me, too. . I just think it might be the cut?? IDK. . they look so cute and appear to look comfy but the lack of elastic on the leg might be the culprit. . I guess if I want something in my crack . I'll buy a thong? Is that so wrong?
LOL I switched to thongs about ten years ago and they are wonderful. No panty lines, no riding, they don't move. Your butt will get a bit chilly in Jan/Feb tho............
Old 11-06-2011, 09:00 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Hope everyone is well this morning - gorgeous day out there in New York!!!!

M
O girl with this woe you will actually save money in the long run..........not only on food but in doctor bills and meds down the longer road/bigger picture.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG I found it!!!!!!!!! Already bought the book and having it shipped to Dad, and the stepmother is completely on board!!!!!!

Further proof that grain free paleo stillman can SAVE your life..........

About the SCD
Old 11-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O girl with this woe you will actually save money in the long run..........not only on food but in doctor bills and meds down the longer road/bigger picture.

I'm with you all the way CC. I've read Robb Wolf, a bunch of other books and did a Whole Thirty - I really love Paleo/Primal and I really believe in it's health benefits. I agree you save in the long run. But for right now, convincing DH to buy grass fed, free range, hormone free, organic is a bit of a challenge. I did order some grass fed ground beef on line, and I'm buying some grass fed from my local supermarket, but that's as much as I can do at this point.

I'm thrilled you were able to find the book you think will help convince your father/mother that this way of eating will bring them back to health! I know it will save their lives, but what is "normal" to them is going to be very hard to give up. I wish you all the best!!!!

Well the house is done and now we're in pre-cook mode. I'm totally exhaused and they won't be here for another two hours.

Hope everyone's have a great Stillman Sunday!!!!

M

Last edited by Refuse to Quit; 11-06-2011 at 12:25 PM..
Old 11-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Too darn funny!! You can always tell what diet I'm following by the overload of food in my cupboards/freezer. I, too, worry about it especially when hubby eats everything I cook! Her does a semi-approved Low carb (when it conveniently consists of eating the last piece of steak or chicken in the fridge, but he forgets to mention all the other stuff he consumes!). . Like last night. . I caught him eating peanuts and upon closer inspection, I noted that the bowl was also full of candy corn! What the heck. . step away from my steak , MISTER!!!! He always tends to gobble up the only foods I can have. I've taken to hiding meat in yogurt cups and butter dishes!!

Last night, I noted that I had an entire shelf of Progresso soup (from my WW plan), Fiber ONe Cereal and Fat Free Popcorn! Needless to say. . The food pantry got a big donation this morning. .sent my boys off the church with a big ole bag!
Oh IM, you sound just like me! I tend to do the same thing - overload on whatever diet I'm on only to quit and start something else and then have all this food no one wants! Oh and your DH must have been talking to my DH, because he does the exact same thing. He eats whatever he wants to eat, and then eats my food. So now I have one of the drawers in the fridge with my name on it and he can't go in there. That drawer is MINE!!!!! Oh he tries, but he really doesn't have a issue with weight, so he doesn't get it at all.

Good luck the thongs - I don't really like them, but my daughter loves them! I think losing weight is the real answer - when I get thinner the boyshorts will stay where they were meant to be (I hope!!!)

M
Old 11-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
LOL on the OCD's.........I am so lucky, I have no friends

and on the magnesium tabs........take three if you want a little help, take four if you want to occupy the bathroom indefinitely and want to have to go in an emergency like way.
OMDear!!!! Too funny!!!! I think I'll hold off on taking 4 tabs! Ok, I wasn't sure if this is what magnesium was for. Ok, I'll get some. I've been using phillips for now, which is basically working.

M
Old 11-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Yes, IM is a wife! And yes, Magnesium will do the trick. I take it before bed.

I love a clean house and it usually takes having company to get it really clean. Pity I don't do that for myself. It feels so good. I'm in the process of cleaning and then I'm going to stick to a cleaning ritual.

And on that note, I better get going. I need to walk out of my door in half an hour.
Thanks Mim! Yeah, I love it when it's clean, but we both work a tremendous amount of hours, so like you, cleaning waits until we absolutely have to do it. Ok, I have to go order some magnesium already!!!!

M
Old 11-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm with you all the way CC. I've read Robb Wolf, a bunch of other books and did a Whole Thirty - I really love Paleo/Primal and I really believe in it's health benefits. I agree you save in the long run. But for right now, convincing DH to buy grass fed, free range, hormone free, organic is a bit of a challenge. I did order some grass fed ground beef on line, and I'm buying some grass fed from my local supermarket, but that's as much as I can do at this point.

I'm thrilled you were able to find the book you think will help convince your father/mother that this way of eating will bring them back to health! I know it will save their lives, but what is "normal" to them is going to be very hard to give up. I wish you all the best!!!!

Well the house is done and now we're in pre-cook mode. I'm totally exhaused and they won't be here for another two hours.

Hope everyone's have a great Stillman Sunday!!!!

M
O lawdy, can't/won't afford the organic beef.........hope the evening turns out nicely!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OMDear!!!! Too funny!!!! I think I'll hold off on taking 4 tabs! Ok, I wasn't sure if this is what magnesium was for. Ok, I'll get some. I've been using phillips for now, which is basically working.

M
I use the vitamin supplement tabs, no muss, no fuss......

and seriously if I take four it's major colon blow the next day......
Old 11-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I use the vitamin supplement tabs, no muss, no fuss......

and seriously if I take four it's major colon blow the next day......
Ok, so I ordered the Solgar Magnesium Citrate - was that right????

M
Old 11-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

any mag tablet will do, I just get them at Price Chopper when they are on BOGO.