Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Gals. .come out and play .. Whoo. .Hooo. . We have some losing to do here. .

Ok . gotta go dye my hair so I feel like a 'natural' woman. . .

Last edited by IM2fat; 11-03-2011 at 03:40 PM..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Refuse to Quit
Stats: 200/189/130
WOE: Primal/Stillmans
Start Date: November 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Our friend Al. .eats a ton and loses a ton. But I can totally relate to your feeling of being afraid of being hungry". . but the beauty of this diet. .is that it is a rare condition! Seriously. I would never have believed that an egg or two would have satisfied me before but once I get those carbs out of my system. .it does! it is amazing! I mean. . think about it. . you can sit down to a burger and fries and shake and probably be hungry an hour or two later. . On LC. . I can get up, drink my coffee. .eat a late breakfast and actually not think about food for several hours. if I get up and eat a bagel. I want to eat more almost immediately.. It is strange but It does take a lot longer for your body to disgest protein so it works harder and you stay full longer - stablizes your blood sugar so you don't feel hungry.. . If you space it out and eat a little something (doesn't have to be a ton). . every few hours. . You'll do great!

Sorry if this a repeat but I read a long time ago..A good way to be sure you are never hungry is to pack 6 mini lunch bags with 6 mini "meals" &/or snacks and eat one every 2 hours and you have your day covered - this works on any diet plan. . but for LC. . put 2 eggs in one.. a lamp chop or two in another. . a tuna packet in another . . a bowl of turkey burger . . etc. . etc. .

Also.. take your vitamins, drink plenty and get a full night's rest. . You'll be amazed at how you feel. .
Hi IM ! I hear you - I went all afternoon without eating AND without even thinking about it - I was in SHOCK I tell you!!!!! I was incredulous!!!! That has NEVER EVER happened before - insane. I was so happy, you have no idea. I am usually counting the minutes to my next meal. So day 2 down and I was 100% perfect. The Whoosh Fairy better show up or else!!!!

Vitamins; check, water; check, full night's rest.... well - not so much. Last two nights I've been up almost every hour to pee. Hopefully that will go away

So far, so good. Loving that I am not being driven insane by the "I have to have (fill in the blank) this minute or I will die" thoughts.

M
Refuse to Quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I think you made a brilliant choice! Don't put off living. I so know where you are coming from.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Very smartly quoted, Mim. ..I refuse, as well. . A girl just has to have a vice!!
awwww, just one? I'm sunk!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refuse to Quit View Post
If she ignores us she'll have a lot 'splaining to do!!!

Ok, so I know you're only supposed to eat when you're hungry, but I don't really know what that means. I'm so terrified of being hungry that I worked very hard (and gotten quite fat in the process) at never meeting that condition!!!! So I am trying to be reasonable. Breakfast, lunch and dinner with two "snacks" inbetween. I'm trying not to pay any attention to the calorie levels as I really just don't want to know. I also eat a fair amount of lamb and beef. But I'm also drinking a LOT of water!!!! Please let me know if I'm off track here! THANKS!!!!!

M
well, then, there's no better time to find out!

too often we eat because of programming..........breakfast at six, lunch at twelve, and so on.

I cannot bear to eat before at least nine thirty. Unless it's been a non eating day before and I am ravenous will I eat before then.

You will know what hunger is when it hits. Growly tummy, or lightheadedness.

Your true cavegirl will let you know when you need food. And you will be surprised how much you don't need. Like the Atkins fat fast, you can survive perfectly well on ten ounces of fat per day. You can even lose weight that way.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Old 11-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi IM ! I hear you - I went all afternoon without eating AND without even thinking about it - I was in SHOCK I tell you!!!!! I was incredulous!!!! That has NEVER EVER happened before - insane. I was so happy, you have no idea. I am usually counting the minutes to my next meal. So day 2 down and I was 100% perfect. The Whoosh Fairy better show up or else!!!!

Vitamins; check, water; check, full night's rest.... well - not so much. Last two nights I've been up almost every hour to pee. Hopefully that will go away

So far, so good. Loving that I am not being driven insane by the "I have to have (fill in the blank) this minute or I will die" thoughts.

M
that really is the grandest thing about the Paleo way, the control. The vicious cycle of carb highs and crashes that let food control you is a clever ploy masterminded by the USDA, FDA and food lobbys.

Being healthy, light, fit and in control doesn't make anyone rich. Drugs and surgeries do.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Fiber Menace: The Truth About the Leading Role of Fiber in Diet Failure, Constipation, Hemorrhoids, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn's Disease, and Colon Cancer.

FiberMenace: About the book

and the granddaddy of them all, why we don't need grain and the fact that it's a poison.....

The Naive Vegetarian
Old 11-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/195/160 5'5.5"
Ooooh, I'm enjoying all of this discussion about hunger.

I read somewhere to ask yourself, "Does meat sound good?" If it does, you are truly hungry...if it doesn't, it's just a craving. I've found this works for me.
But sometimes those cravings are stronger than I can handle...and that makes me wonder if it's physical or mental...I dunno...I definitely feel mental a lot of the time!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
that really is the grandest thing about the Paleo way, the control. The vicious cycle of carb highs and crashes that let food control you is a clever ploy masterminded by the USDA, FDA and food lobbys.

Being healthy, light, fit and in control doesn't make anyone rich. Drugs and surgeries do.
Hey CC I'm VERY much right there with you on Paleo!!! I love Paleo/Primal, but this is even "cleaner" if there could be such a thing. I couldn't seem to lose weight on Paleo. I think maybe because I don't have a gall bladder - not sure - I was also eating nuts and a lot of fat... So now I'm trying this approach (Stillman) to see how it goes. I think the only other avenue for me would be to consume less, but it looks like that may happen very naturally anyway seeing as I totally forgot to eat my "snack" today!

Happy in New York (letting those good times roll!!!!)
M

Last edited by Refuse to Quit; 11-03-2011 at 05:35 PM..
Old 11-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Ooooh, I'm enjoying all of this discussion about hunger.

I read somewhere to ask yourself, "Does meat sound good?" If it does, you are truly hungry...if it doesn't, it's just a craving. I've found this works for me.
But sometimes those cravings are stronger than I can handle...and that makes me wonder if it's physical or mental...I dunno...I definitely feel mental a lot of the time!
Hi Becky! I'll tell you, by the time I actually got to sit down and eat dinner tonight, meat sounded divine! I guess I was a bit hungry. One of my fears is that I don't eat, get too hungry and then eat something I shouldn't... so my counter to that is to carry protein around with me in a cooler. Sounds dumb, but it seems to work. Tomorrow will be more of a test as I don't work on Fridays and tend to do a lot of running around, so I'll definitely be putting my cooler theory to work.

Cavewoman in progress,
Melissa
Old 11-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Fiber Menace: The Truth About the Leading Role of Fiber in Diet Failure, Constipation, Hemorrhoids, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn's Disease, and Colon Cancer.

FiberMenace: About the book

and the granddaddy of them all, why we don't need grain and the fact that it's a poison.....

The Naive Vegetarian
The truth is really, truly horrendous... my personal opinion is that most cancers are caused by various forms of gluten...

Melissa
Old 11-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Hope your hair turns out fabulous, IM! I'll be doing that this weekend. That and cleaning the place for company on Sunday. Thankfully I'm in control of the dinner menu... and I am determined not to eat anything off plan, I like my friends, but they are not the ones losing weight, I am!

M
Old 11-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Becky! I'll tell you, by the time I actually got to sit down and eat dinner tonight, meat sounded divine! I guess I was a bit hungry. One of my fears is that I don't eat, get too hungry and then eat something I shouldn't... so my counter to that is to carry protein around with me in a cooler. Sounds dumb, but it seems to work. Tomorrow will be more of a test as I don't work on Fridays and tend to do a lot of running around, so I'll definitely be putting my cooler theory to work.

Cavewoman in progress,
Melissa
Sounds great Melissa!! It's nice to have SOMETHING on hand when the munchies come. I'll grab a couple of pork skins when I just need a quick fix...or a cup of coffee.

You will be in Onderland any moment now!! We will celebrate!!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hello peeps, well not a gr8 stillman day, but so bad. I ate my first meal at 6 pm, so went a little bazerk. Anyway glad to see everyone else is on track.
nermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

M
I'm so happy for you M! and I'm feeling exactly the same way. I almost skipped dinner (get this. . hubby had leftover lasagna and salad , table set. candles lit. .lights dimmed!! Are you kidding me? I mean seriously? I can't ever remember him planning a meal much less doing anything romantic. .like candles. . however. I quickly noted that there were 4 plates set up . (ahh. .the kids!). . and then had a major letdown when I realized there was nothing for me. . so I did end up eating my leftover burger. .

I'm hoarding my pork for breakfast. . is that so wrong?

Thank you for taking your vitamins! Your body will thank you. . . keep in mind. . you may need some magnesium a little later on. . .
Old 11-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hello peeps, well not a gr8 stillman day, but so bad. I ate my first meal at 6 pm, so went a little bazerk. Anyway glad to see everyone else is on track.
Nermo! No wonder. 6:00 pm. !! who can blame you? You will do fine tomorrow. .We want you back on the losing team!

But the other big question of the day. how on earth did you make it that long? I would have thrown in the towel and said What the heck. . hours before. .

consider yourself a strong peep!
Old 11-04-2011, 03:11 AM   #138
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning friends! I'm up bright and early - I've lots to do today. And I'll do it on plan!

Hey IM, just so you know, I'm gonna drop 5 before you do! Of course, I won't know it until Thursday. I'm only going to weigh once a week. I've got to stop letting the scale send me into a tailspin!

What is everyone's plan for the weekend? I have my granddaughters tonight - every Friday night is our special time. They will be picked up before noon Saturday and then I'll do some errands and kick back for the rest of the day. Sunday is supposed to be nice and I'm going to try to walk the fitness trail near me. Being outside is good!

OK, gotta get moving I'll try to check in later.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #139
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

BTW - where is Bratty?
Old 11-04-2011, 03:28 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!!!!! Well, I have some early GREAT news!!!!!!!! The Whoose Fairy is alive and well and came to New York last night - I lost FOUR pounds I have never had a real whoosh like that - I am stunned and amazed and I am NOT going off this woe anytime soon.

Did someone say magnesium? Is that what makes things move along? Yeah, need that.

Off to update my stats. Be back soon!!!

M
Old 11-04-2011, 03:43 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Good morning IM2! Hoarding pork? Are you kidding me? I'm freaking hoarding the meat department!!!!! I was loading up at Shop Rite and some lady started glaring at me - whoops, oh well!

Good morning Nermo! It's another day, we can do this!!!!!!

Good morning mim! I hear you on the scale issue. I am a daily weigher, but I'm ok with it as long as I stay on plan and that plan works. Once I go off plan I stop weighing in because I can't deal with it. Everyone has to do it their way and if you want to weigh in once a week, that's perfect!

Good morning becky! Pork skins were never on my radar - I will definitely check them out. Thanks for the idea! AND suddenly black coffee isn't quite so horrible! Amazing how a whoosh effects everything!

And hi to CC whenever that twirling good times woman is!!!!

Thank you everyone for your sweet support - I know I just kind of popped in, but now that I'm here...

So today is devoted to doing too many errands, getting the dog groomed, paying bills, and eating MEAT!!!!! Be back soon!

M
Old 11-04-2011, 04:30 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!!!! Well, I have some early GREAT news!!!!!!!! The Whoose Fairy is alive and well and came to New York last night - I lost FOUR pounds I have never had a real whoosh like that - I am stunned and amazed and I am NOT going off this woe anytime soon.

Did someone say magnesium? Is that what makes things move along? Yeah, need that.

M
Yahooooo!! I'm so happy for you RtQ!!!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:34 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
A little bazerk isn't so bad especially when it doesn't last two or three or more days! Sounds like you are back on the straight & narrow!

I'm back in ketosis after my halloween blunder...(which lasted 3 days...and added at least 5 or six pounds...ugh!) But I'm almost down to where I was...and hope to eat clean this weekend.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:41 AM   #144
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

M
What wonderful news! Congratulations! I know that makes you feel on top of the world!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:42 AM   #145
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
A little bazerk isn't so bad especially when it doesn't last two or three or more days! Sounds like you are back on the straight & narrow!

I'm back in ketosis after my halloween blunder...(which lasted 3 days...and added at least 5 or six pounds...ugh!) But I'm almost down to where I was...and hope to eat clean this weekend.
Welcome back to the land of ketosis! Do you have a plan for the weekend so that you will eat clean?
Old 11-04-2011, 05:45 AM   #146
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I started the morning feeling great, but now - not so much. A touch of induction flu I think. I gave up diet pop months ago, but I'm going to stop and get a diet cola to sip on this morning. I can't just wait this out - I've way too much to do today!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:15 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I started the morning feeling great, but now - not so much. A touch of induction flu I think. I gave up diet pop months ago, but I'm going to stop and get a diet cola to sip on this morning. I can't just wait this out - I've way too much to do today!
Oh Mim, I think I have it too! I feel really lousy. Will diet soda help? I will go get some right now! I'm not a big fan of the stuff either - but if it will help, I'll try that and some advil! Hope you feel better soon!

M
Old 11-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #148
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh Mim, I think I have it too! I feel really lousy. Will diet soda help? I will go get some right now! I'm not a big fan of the stuff either - but if it will help, I'll try that and some advil! Hope you feel better soon!

M

It helps me a bit. Although I must admit - this morning all it is doing is making me burp! I'm glad I'm by myself in the office! I used to drink a lot of Coke Zero and when I gave it up started to feel so much better. Now when I have an occasional one it really doesn't taste good.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

M

That is sooooo awesome. .

However. . don't be a fairy hog. . send her this way soon.. I'm still the same this morning Thinking my woosh will come on Monday after she visits a few more of your peeps. . That's OK. . I can be patient as long as she doesn't miss me altogether!!
Old 11-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just love the jump for joy and the Smilies!!! Just sayin. .