Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yeah deffy!! I have one in pink!! Looove it!
O how did I not see that coming!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refuse to Quit View Post
no excuses!!!!! Fail to plan, plan to fail - simple!!!!!

Melissa

o LOVE that!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
A pink, GF?? Seriously. I am sooo jealous!!!

I took my Hello Kitty toaster to work (I work with almost all men) and it is hilarious to see them eating their Kitty faced toast!! Plus I also chuckle to myself thinking of all the wasted carbs they are injesting. . hahaha
OMG she's soooo evil!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Halloween --- a fun-size snicker bar isn't much fun ...but half a bag, now that is FUN! But the fun is very temporary...and the headache and puffy face the next day...= NOT FUN!

I knew better...I know better...

Back on track today...too scared to weigh for now! : )
run away!!!!!!
Quote:
Becky!! don't weigh in but pour the water, pump up the meat and wait a day .. you'll be back to normal in no time. The key is to let this be in the past and let it not interfer with your goals of today!! Remember. .nothing. . and I do repeat. .Nothing. . Tastes as good as thin feels!! Take it from me. . I so resemble your headache and puffy face!!!!

You'll do fine. just brush yourself off and jump back in. . Do it for YOU!!!
good one!
Quote:
Sorry for hijacking this thread .but I'm just too gosh darn pumped to stop!!!
run with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
IM- don't apologize u r giving me an adrenaline rush, lovingggggggg it. This is exactly what I need to stay on track. luv ya!

Chicken thighs and water all day today no goof ups. Yayyyyyyy me!
it's contagious! Excellent!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I've got some grey hairs that are now growing back brown?? Grey at the bottom, brown at the root! Will I think! Had a neighbour years ago, 70 and not a grey hair and not dyed either.
it does happen so!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #96
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
I have a question for MIM: (the rest of you. . don't peek!).

Because I'm working on slowly easing back in the lower fat . . do you ever do chicken wings when you are on the higher fat version. .I have a hankering for some but I am kinda scared of them. I can seriously eat a whole plate in one sitting. . MMmmm. just thinking about it makes me wanna go whip some up. . Just curious if it interferred with losing? I realize I can't eat them every day.. all day. but maybe once this week?
eat away! They have never slowed my weight loss.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #97
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Oh what a day! I have had a nonstop day and am going to enjoy my evening. Callenetics and movies. Ahhh the good life. Lunch turned out to be fairly low carb so I was happy. But I'm really tired - so bye for now - will check in later!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Refuse to Quit
Stats: 200/189/130
WOE: Primal/Stillmans
Start Date: November 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHA and is it Missy or Mel?

try ebeining primrose oil for the flashes.........seriously, after you detox from carbs they will be half or less of what you are having now.

and YAY another thirtysomething on the board!
Hey CC - thanks for the welcome! I like "M" better than either Missy or Mel! I know, I'm weird!!

I'll give primrose a shot. I had a 100% perfect Stillman day, so I'm very happy. You're right - you need to make tons in advance and have it with you no matter where you are. This really worked for me. I have a cooler under my desk (as well as a fridge in our break room) so I never have protein too far from me. I had a brief moment when I saw some halloween junk, but it was over in a flash. I had a good day, but now that I've been through one, I can see where I can improve on what I did today for tomorrow.

Ok, so when can I expect to see some positive results??? In weeks or days? I'm so excited!!!!!

Hope everyone is well tonight!!!!!

Melissa
Refuse to Quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

M, wait for induction flu to be over, tomorrow willl be hell, take lots of Advil and play through the pain; then on day three you'll see it!

G'nite all, happy meat dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
2nd day 100 percent stillman. Except when I was washing grapes and popped a grape in my mouth then spit it out, looooooil.
IM- nope I don't do the bones! hhhhhhh. Look at that your excitement rubbed off on us all. Glad to have you on our losing team!!!
Happy to see everyone on track. Calling it a night, have a fun filled stillman day or night !
nermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Nermo!!! I've been 100% today too. . am sooo excited. . Well. . I do have one confession. . tell me how bad it is:

OK. . so I've been hiding out with my fat self for several months! In fact, I spent half the summer "not doing" social gatherings. . avoiding luncheons. . staying in my office with my "fake" door closed. . avoiding anything I didn't "have to attend". . YOu know the routine. . the "I'm not worthy. . I have nothing to wear. . everyone will be looking at me" routine?

Anyway. .My long lost friend texted me this afternoon to ask me to go out to listen to a blues band with her tonight. Mind you, she was my very BFF about 10 years ago and we hung out constantly. I haven't had any social time with her in about a year. I was so torn. . I spent the afternoon trying to come up with reasons and excuses not to go!! HOwever. . when I got home and saw my hubby on the couch watching "football" and my kids sitting on their computers and the smell of Lasagna coming from the oven . (yes. . I have a small inventory of good food in the freezer for them to eat!!). I decided. . What the heck. I'm going out and I'm going to let them fend for themselves. . So. .

I did drink . Rum and Diet Coke. . several .. . and I had a great time !! The difference,. . I didn't come home and eat. . I didn't go through the drive through at the 6 fast food restuarants I passed on the way home (Yes. I did count!!). . So.. I'm confessing but I don't even feel too bad. . I kept it as low carb as I could. .

I did come home and scrambled some eggs (for my breakfast) and put some burger and fajita meat in the slow cooker for tomorrow's lunch . .O and I cleaned the kitchen! Kinda feels like I've been drinking or something . .LOL. .

So.. . how bad do you think I messed up? If I dont' wake up with cravings. . it was all worth it!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"M" . . too funny. . I go by "M" to. . My signature includes "M" and my last name. . too funny!! See. .something brought you here. . us "M's" have to stick together.
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:38 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Facing the music this morning...after eating high carb Sat, Sun & Mon...up 5 pounds!

but tomorrow I should be back in ketosis...hoping to stay there for a while!

I'm going to try and remember the terrible headache I had and the way my eyes and face puffed out.

I sure wish carbs didn't taste so good!!

You all sound great...I'm going to absorb some of this positive energy and get my butt in gear!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:40 AM   #104
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Nermo!!! I've been 100% today too. . am sooo excited. . Well. . I do have one confession. . tell me how bad it is:

OK. . so I've been hiding out with my fat self for several months! In fact, I spent half the summer "not doing" social gatherings. . avoiding luncheons. . staying in my office with my "fake" door closed. . avoiding anything I didn't "have to attend". . YOu know the routine. . the "I'm not worthy. . I have nothing to wear. . everyone will be looking at me" routine?

Anyway. .My long lost friend texted me this afternoon to ask me to go out to listen to a blues band with her tonight. Mind you, she was my very BFF about 10 years ago and we hung out constantly. I haven't had any social time with her in about a year. I was so torn. . I spent the afternoon trying to come up with reasons and excuses not to go!! HOwever. . when I got home and saw my hubby on the couch watching "football" and my kids sitting on their computers and the smell of Lasagna coming from the oven . (yes. . I have a small inventory of good food in the freezer for them to eat!!). I decided. . What the heck. I'm going out and I'm going to let them fend for themselves. . So. .

I did drink . Rum and Diet Coke. . several .. . and I had a great time !! The difference,. . I didn't come home and eat. . I didn't go through the drive through at the 6 fast food restuarants I passed on the way home (Yes. I did count!!). . So.. I'm confessing but I don't even feel too bad. . I kept it as low carb as I could. .

I did come home and scrambled some eggs (for my breakfast) and put some burger and fajita meat in the slow cooker for tomorrow's lunch . .O and I cleaned the kitchen! Kinda feels like I've been drinking or something . .LOL. .

So.. . how bad do you think I messed up? If I dont' wake up with cravings. . it was all worth it!!!!
I think you made a brilliant choice! Don't put off living. I so know where you are coming from.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:47 AM   #105
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I slept well but woke up with a headache. I don't get headaches when I'm on plan. And I don't get them when I'm going through induction. I get them when I eat sugar. Or drink too much wine! I didn't have any sugar. I'm going to try to walk to work this morning. I've got to make sure I have the time after I have office hours. I can walk to the church almost every day - but often I need to leave there and go somewhere else and don't have the time to come back and get the car.

My food is planned for the day. I'm good to go!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
My food is planned for the day. I'm good to go!
Thats the way to get it done! I'm packed and ready to go today, too! Than k goodness I cooked up those eggs last night. Not surprisingly, I woke up a little late so I didn't have time for anything extra this morning. . gonna be tired.. I didn't get to bed until 2:30 and was back up by 6:00!!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think you made a brilliant choice! Don't put off living. I so know where you are coming from.
I have to remember this. .
Old 11-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
M, wait for induction flu to be over, tomorrow willl be hell, take lots of Advil and play through the pain; then on day three you'll see it!

G'nite all, happy meat dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yum - can't wait! So far, I've been drinking a mouthful of black coffee to avoid total withdrawal - it would put me in the hospital, there's no way I can come off it quickly. So I guess I should be going through sugar withdrawal (I can't even talk about how much I was eating every day). I have LOTS of advil ready (thanks CC!). So far, I'm ok. I made all my food for work and have already taken most of my supplements/vitamins...

I'm so very happy not to be in my addiction right now- it's such a nice relief. Yes, I think this can get boring, but SO WHAT! I want to lose this weight and be done with it. I lost 56 pounds on Medifast and then went off and ate myself silly and put 28 pounds back on. I think MF is a good program, but I was ALWAYS hungry. Now, I have no hunger and no cravings at all. SO nice!!!! I'll take boring for a size 10, thank you!

Hey IM2! Now darling, put down the rum, and let's do this together. We're not going to get it done by drinking. You've had your night, now let's move on! I had a wonderful few months eating crap, and now I'm ready to move on as well... come on, we can DO THIS!!!!

Good morning to everyone who follows! I hope we all have a PERFECT 100% Stillman Day! I have no other agenda today other than being PERFECT on plan.

M

Last edited by Refuse to Quit; 11-03-2011 at 06:11 AM..
Old 11-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #109
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Eggies - you know them - you have seen the commercials. Well I bought a set several months ago. My granddaughter wanted them and I love soft boiled eggs so they seemed perfect. After trying them the first time I realized that my granddaughter would not be able to use them. She is just turned 4. They were very hard to use so after a few tries I put them away. But this morning I used them and they were much easier to use. I guess I finally got the hang of it. And I had a lovely breakfast! Soft boiled eggs.....yum
Old 11-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #110
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh yum - can't wait! So far, I've been drinking a mouthful of black coffee to avoid total withdrawal - it would put me in the hospital, there's no way I can come off it quickly.
M

I refuse to give up my coffee! I read lots of articles on the benefits of coffee. I don't read any articles that may suggest otherwise!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:26 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I refuse to give up my coffee! I read lots of articles on the benefits of coffee. I don't read any articles that may suggest otherwise!
I'm with you babe! No way can I give it up entirely. I'm willing to cut back and I'm willing to give up my 1/2 and 1/2 - but I'm not willing to stop all together. There is a line, and this is where I'm drawing it!

M
Old 11-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Eggies - you know them - you have seen the commercials. Well I bought a set several months ago. My granddaughter wanted them and I love soft boiled eggs so they seemed perfect. After trying them the first time I realized that my granddaughter would not be able to use them. She is just turned 4. They were very hard to use so after a few tries I put them away. But this morning I used them and they were much easier to use. I guess I finally got the hang of it. And I had a lovely breakfast! Soft boiled eggs.....yum
Oh how I wish I liked them soft or hard boiled, but the only way I can eat eggs is scrambled or as an omelete... and I'm not sure how you do either of those and make them edible without adding fat, just sayin'.

I think there's some kind of egg muffin you can make in the microwave - I'll have to see if I can find that recipe somewhere... add a little ham... YUM!!!!!

M
Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
2nd day 100 percent stillman. Except when I was washing grapes and popped a grape in my mouth then spit it out, looooooil.
IM- nope I don't do the bones! hhhhhhh. Look at that your excitement rubbed off on us all. Glad to have you on our losing team!!!
Happy to see everyone on track. Calling it a night, have a fun filled stillman day or night !
Good job, Nermo!!!!! I've done that in the past, it's hard to do, but so worth it. Thankfully, if I peel the grape I can give it to my dog who loves them. By the way, I ordered a 2nd hand copy of the QWL book for $20 on Amazon - I wanted to read it and see what I could learn, if anything - maybe just the science... which of course I really know already. I'm a book worm, so I really just wanted another book! I'm on day 2 of 100%. And if I did it yesterday, I can do it today!

M
Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey IM2! Now darling, put down the rum, and let's do this together. We're not going to get it done by drinking. You've had your night, now let's move on! I had a wonderful few months eating crap, and now I'm ready to move on as well... come on, we can DO THIS!!!!

M
Ok M!! it's down. . (the hatch that is!). .

I'm right there with you.. Let's do this. .
Old 11-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Very smartly quoted, Mim. ..I refuse, as well. . A girl just has to have a vice!!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I'm think the woosh fairy needs to visit us folks over here that have been good this week. . docha ya'all?

I feel it coming. . I'm drinking a ton and eating scrumptious, delicious, meat-itious meals! She can't ignore that. . can she?
Old 11-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So I'm think the woosh fairy needs to visit us folks over here that have been good this week. . docha ya'all?

I feel it coming. . I'm drinking a ton and eating scrumptious, delicious, meat-itious meals! She can't ignore that. . can she?
If she ignores us she'll have a lot 'splaining to do!!!

Ok, so I know you're only supposed to eat when you're hungry, but I don't really know what that means. I'm so terrified of being hungry that I worked very hard (and gotten quite fat in the process) at never meeting that condition!!!! So I am trying to be reasonable. Breakfast, lunch and dinner with two "snacks" inbetween. I'm trying not to pay any attention to the calorie levels as I really just don't want to know. I also eat a fair amount of lamb and beef. But I'm also drinking a LOT of water!!!! Please let me know if I'm off track here! THANKS!!!!!

M

Last edited by Refuse to Quit; 11-03-2011 at 10:48 AM..
Old 11-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
If she ignores us she'll have a lot 'splaining to do!!!

Ok, so I know you're only supposed to eat when you're hungry, but I don't really know what that means. I'm so terrified of being hungry that I worked very hard (and gotten quite fat in the process) at never meeting that condition!!!! So I am trying to be reasonable. Breakfast, lunch and dinner with two "snacks" inbetween. I'm trying not to pay any attention to the calorie levels as I really just don't want to know. I also eat a fair amount of lamb and beef. But I'm also drinking a LOT of water!!!! Please let me know if I'm off track here! THANKS!!!!!

M
Our friend Al. .eats a ton and loses a ton. But I can totally relate to your feeling of being afraid of being hungry". . but the beauty of this diet. .is that it is a rare condition! Seriously. I would never have believed that an egg or two would have satisfied me before but once I get those carbs out of my system. .it does! it is amazing! I mean. . think about it. . you can sit down to a burger and fries and shake and probably be hungry an hour or two later. . On LC. . I can get up, drink my coffee. .eat a late breakfast and actually not think about food for several hours. if I get up and eat a bagel. I want to eat more almost immediately.. It is strange but It does take a lot longer for your body to disgest protein so it works harder and you stay full longer - stablizes your blood sugar so you don't feel hungry.. . If you space it out and eat a little something (doesn't have to be a ton). . every few hours. . You'll do great!

Sorry if this a repeat but I read a long time ago..A good way to be sure you are never hungry is to pack 6 mini lunch bags with 6 mini "meals" &/or snacks and eat one every 2 hours and you have your day covered - this works on any diet plan. . but for LC. . put 2 eggs in one.. a lamp chop or two in another. . a tuna packet in another . . a bowl of turkey burger . . etc. . etc. .

Also.. take your vitamins, drink plenty and get a full night's rest. . You'll be amazed at how you feel. .
Old 11-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so glad I'm in a better place emotionally right now. . I really think I can do this once again!!!

Bok.. bok at you, hibernation. . This cub ain't gonna gain nuthin!!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O.. and yes. . Woosh Fairy. .You owe us big time!! Seriously. . I give you until Saturday morning and you better deliver (in more ways than one!!). .

I'm counting on you to prove our success!!! Bring it!!